New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Witchunt VI: Return of the Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    what changes in the "new version"?
    Spy and junior witch are now "alignments" meaning they still have their own role. Neither start in the coven and there is always at least one more junior than spy (maxes at 3-2 I think). Witches know who is in the spy/junior group but not which is which. Spy and junior all join when the witches miss a kill.

A lot of roles get shuffled around, with only 5 guaranteed to be town and the rest falling under any alignment except the one reserved for those five (there are 5 total) and the court is introduced (an always town player appoints a group that controls a night kill).

I don't like the newer version because it is really gimmicky. Depending on how the roles get distributed under the alignments, it can easily be horribly broken for or against either team.

So long as witches don't share every bit of info with their team, especially in relation to night kill flips, this version's spy actually works really well. Getting the witches to decide to share info without question was the one and only risk I took early on.

Also, the witches are supposed to somewhat actively hunt the spy, as getting sacked is a better spy move than handing the WW the game. By stating the spy would claim under pressure as soon as witches started hunting, I ham-stringed the witches efforts and prevented them from sharing suspicions, which would have gotten me sacked. Witch chat should be an almost complete game in itself.

Most of the games I've seen of the original witch-hunt feature a fairly quick spy death.

Then take a look at how easily the wolf could have died without me knowing or survived long enough for the witches to finally just sac me. Being a spy is the same as being a witch in two games at the same time, and getting lynched in either takes you out of both.

If there is anything broken about the spy, it is its ability to weaken a witch teams capacity to work together, making town have a slightly easier time at the start of the game. However, this seems balanced with the inability of town to network.

If I were to implement any of the changes from the new witch-hunt, I'd say the best one is the change to angel protection.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2013-01-11 at 12:12 AM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Oh, yeah. Angel protection.

It's like having a baner that never dies and always protects someone else. Sooooo broken.

@New version: Judge witch. 'nuff said.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    what changes in the "new version"?
    Far fewer town-specific roles, Witches know the Junior and the Spy always joins alongside the Junior Witches. And no Werewolf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

4. - Top - End - #394
    Pixie in the Playground

Keep in mind that the last game didn't have a King's Court due to a misunderstanding in Moscone; we really don't know how well-balanced it could be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

If people would be interested, I could run the newer version but forum based instead on MOSCONE.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.