New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - IC

Once through, Vul activates his armor's auspex to try and discern a path through the cables and wiring.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[20] vs. 57

Edit: 4 DoS. Not bad.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2012-11-28 at 06:54 PM.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

"Hmmm. Interesting..."Mortia mutters as she examines the wires around her, trying to deduce their use.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tech Use? (1d100)[48] vs 54?
    Alexander leah and Kymme deserves much love and appreciation.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Nephthys is able to discern a use if only for himself. If the reavers pull back the inquisitorial retinue may be less caught by surprise by the terminators and their retinue. At the very least, prolonging the firefight has its advantages. He moves to cover along with the Reavers.
    Theeere will be nooo retreeeat. The cooorpse-emperooor's lackeys die here!
    For a brief moment he peeks out of cover to fire onto anyone stupid enough to expose a body part.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action: moving into cover with the Reavers (or in proximity to them)
    Half Action 2: Semi-Auto Burst Target 51
    (1d100)[53]
    Damage
    (1d10+11)[6](17)
    (1d10)[7] Tearing
    (1d10+11)[4](15)
    (1d10)[1] Tearing
    (1d10+11)[8](19)
    (1d10)[1] Tearing
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

The chainfist whirs and buzzes for another couple of minutes as the small hole is widened and twisted by fist and servo arm before its large enough for the Terminators' hulking forms to squeeze through.

The blackness is near total in the engineering space. The space some 40m wide and varying between 2 and 20m high, or with drops of up to 30m in places as it covers the whole length of the 90m space forwards. It also extends another 100m or to the rear as the mass of wires, cogitator banks, coolant lines and the like wind around where the top of the stairway that you cameup comes from

Even as Vul squeezes into the blackness he's forced to stop. A metre and half thick massive conduit of some kind fixed in place. Without references or any form of clues even Mortia is limited in assessment to it being some sort of liquid carrying pipe - be it water, coolant or liquid plasma.

Spoiler
    Show

Remember time is a concern and you will likley have to cut your way through every step of the way. Even an unencumbered human would struggle to get through.

Back at the very top of the stairway crouching behind the buttressed corridor, a pair of small tram cars and behind barricades made of their own dead the corridor and the top of the stairwell and a a matching one opposite is filled with a motely collection of 80-100 reavers. Many injured, but many just lacking the enthusiasm for a fight.

Nepthys pushes his way through the men easily leaning around the corner to snap off some quick shots that go wild. THough he does get to see the scene... The ornate corridor - massivel stone tablets detailing the Law and the Creed a constant reminder of the purpose of the vessel.

At the far end beneath a chipped and battered statue of Drusus himself jusdging those on Maccaebus is a similar set of barricades. Metal bulkheads turned sideways and more tram cars turned on their side the bulk of the barricade. Behind the barricade some of the ship's more elite armsmen are hunkered down as hellgun fire, accurate sniper fire and heavy bolter rounds slam down at the heretic boarding party. He also catches for a moment the unmistakable shadow of a suit of Tactical Dreadnaught armour only for a second as it lurks in the shadows around the T-junction no doubt extorting the guards in their battle.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

"It seems we'll have to brute force our way through." Vul says, shrugging slightly. Taking his force sword in his free hand, he gently slices into the side of the large fluid pipe before him, making only a small cut. Assuming nothing capable of harming him comes out, he simply walks through the pipe, using his massive strength and weight to crush it, with his chainfist providing any necessary backup. He continues to walk down the way, smashing anything that he cannot go around. He stops once he is around where the enemy horde is.
    -Me

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

"Hrrmm. Without some form refrence, I am not going to be able to tell what these conduits are for. Spacecraft is not my specialty. But I must reccomend that you be cautious in what you smash." Mortia advised, but other than that, she gladly helped tear the way through, her Servo-Arm reaching past Vul to help clear the path.

7. - Top - End - #277

Although his shots go wide Nephthys still hopes he at least gave the imperials a little scare. A more vivid view of the firefight shows that he'll at least have to take out the imperial support before the reavers can advance.

And he seriously hopes that Terminator is friendly.

He takes a brief amount of time to line up a shot against the sniper, and fires, hoping to at least begin to knock out their support fire.
    Spoiler
    Show

Full Action: Called Shot against Sniper (fire a shot at a body part outside of cover) target 41
    (1d100)[67]

damage
    (1d10+11)[5](16)
    Tearing
    (1d10)[10]

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Just through the battered wall stion the terminator gently prods the massive metre and half reinforced pipe with his force sword and it doesn't give. Requiring a hefty "hack" to penetrate.

The effect is immediate as a jet of liquid helium sprays out at massively high pressure. The entire area is immediately filled with a vast cloud of white smoke form the coolant and the nearest bits of equipment begin to ice over in the extreme cold. It seems to Vul that even his Terminator armour may be damaged by the full force of the liquid pulsing through the reinforced tube.

In the corridor weapons fire cascades up and down the bullet shatterd corridor. The hulking nurglite marine suddenly attracting a hail of fire that lashes the surrounding the stone work and corner section. A reaver at his feet spinning around - his face torn to blood shreds by the bullet that tore through it. Lasfire and manstopper rounds slam into the cover and Nepyths's armour - nothing hurting the mighty warrior.

Spoiler
    Show

Agains both of these ignore any hits that land on body, legs or left arm. Only Nephthy's right arm/Head are exposed.

One sniper shot
    Called shot (head) (1d100)[88] TN 66
    Damage (1d10+6)[7] PEN5 + accurate per 2 DoS as required (3d10)[10][8][9](27)

One "horde" shot from Hellgun
    (1d100)[90] TN 60 (Aim and single shot)
    Damage (2d10+6)[20] PEN 7

Last edited by DrK; 2012-11-29 at 05:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Mortia grinned as the cloud of helium sprayed out. "Oh, the things I could do if I had a large hose of some kind."

10. - Top - End - #280

Nephthys returns fire on the sniper, hoping to at least bring him down
    Spoiler
    Show

Called Shot on Sniper again on exposed bits Target 41
    (1d100)[89]

(1d10+11)[10](21)
    (1d10)[4]

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Vul snorts with annoyance, but shrugs it off. Instead, he exits the hole he made and walks back the way they came, until he is past the edge of the previous area. Then he smashes into the wall there, making a hole big enough to look through.
    -Me

12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rolling her eyes at the terminators persistance, Alicia runs back to the main corridor. "This way isn't working. We don't have the time. I'll need some covering fire."
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

"If you have a death wish, I can do that. But I doubt I can suppress so many."

Vul is suddenly struck by inspiration. Reaching out with his mind, he sends a thought to the Inquisitor. Inquisitor.
    -Me

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

The Magister Immaterial wasn't very well versed in siege tactics, or whatever might apply in this situation, but he got the feeling that there wasn't much he could. He had no way of shrugging off the incoming fire if he attempted to go down this corridor, and the terminators seemed to make little headway in the side passage they tried to construct. "This Inquisitor is difficult to reach." They did not have all the time in the world. He wondered if they were better to head to another destination.

A little curious about whether the Inquisitor might be leaving a psychic impression, Qaeviir closed his eyes and tried to detect any psychic signatures on the vessel, apart from Vul and his own previous usage of bio-lightning before.

Spoiler
    Show
    As he's not doing much at the moment, he'd spend 10-12 seconds or so just surveying the vessel for any psychic signatures. He's not expecting any daemonic presences though.

I'll represent him trying repreatedly in case he missed something as four different Psyniscience tests.

Psyniscience test: (4d10)[10][4][5][10](29) vs 55

Well that was annoyingly good rolls. Guess he picked up Vul's telepathic message among other things.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-11-29 at 10:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah well. Seems that idea was not too worthwhile." With that, Mortia headed to the other Nurglites position, clomping her way slowly there. "Brother, how fare thee? What is the situation?" She asks of him.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the 57th View Post
    Vul is suddenly struck by inspiration. Reaching out with his mind, he sends a thought to the Inquisitor. Inquisitor.
    As Vul sends out a deafening mental sending he gets a cool reply to his own mind... though a certain Tzeentchian sorcerer nearby also picks up the conversation.

"Heretic. Fallen Astartes. I will find you. You and your vile allies will face the singular judgement of the Emperor's Mercy and your corpse will float uncared for in the void of space for etnernity."

Even as the Inquisitor sends a powerful message back to Vul Qaeviir casts his mind out in a searching pattern. THe ripples in the warp- a strong trio of presences close - very close to him aboard the bridge. All with the multiple psychic auras surrounding them. Another strong psychic presence at the peak of the stern castle of the ship far away from them - possibly the astropathic choir?

More heavy fire rained down from the entrenched defenders as another couple of reavers were blown away ina shards of bone and gristle. Vul standing at the top of the stairs beside his hole in the wall still pouring helium smoke.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

As if I hadn't heard that threat from a thousand of your kind and more. But if you really think you can be the one that puts me down, then come. I am here. Face me if you dare, dog of a rotten carcass. Vul sends back.
    -Me

18. - Top - End - #288

Nephthys would REALLY like to have grenade right about now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Called Shot against Sniper target 41
    (1d100)[64]

(1d10+11)[12]
    (1d10)[2]

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Curious signatures the Magister Immaterial thought. It would seem the Inquisitor's retinue included a couple of psykers, and that the Inquisitor was a somewhat strong one himself. Judging by the auras of psychic power surrounding them, they were prepared -- however he was uncertain as to what exactly the nature of the powers were. Assumably the defensive kind he mused, as none of them were on the offensive.

Qaeviir refrained from telling the warrior-sorcerer that it would be a fruitless attempt to try to goad the Inquisitor in that matter. "The Inquisitor has several psykers in his presence." Atleast Qaeviir felt that piece of information could be beneficial to share with Vul. Such information he usually prefered not to share unless, as in this case, it benefited himself.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh?" Vul says. "How many, and how powerful?"
    -Me

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

"A couple." the Magister repeated. "At comparable level to the Inquisitor. Assumably a little weaker." Qaeviir wondered why the Black Legion sorcerer did not just check for himself. He couldn't be that ill-versed at using warpsight so he has to rely on others? he thought.

On Q'Sal the Magister Immaterial had not interacted with many Astartes, less so actual Astartes sorcerers, as he prefered to have one of his assistants handle the actual client interaction in those cases. Astartes were usually too heavy-handed and too brute for his tastes. Too aggressive or more often too arrogant when dealing with "regular mortals" to realize just how easily they could perish on Q'Sal. Or if they knew, usually too stupid to pay heed to such knowledge.

"Even with all reavers here as cannon fodder." he paused, checking for any amusing reactions from the reavers before he continued. "We have little means of making our way unscathed over there. They won't come here. No matter how much you goad the Inquisitor." His tongue felt like it was making knots on itself as he spoke. "Unless we find a means of safely advancing. We are best choosing another destination." He observed the sorcerer to attempt to pick up on any noticable movements or changes in his posture or body language that could reveal anything upon hearing what the Magister had to say. "But of course, I am not very well-versed in siege or war tactics."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Vuls nods. "As I thought. But confirmation is always helpful."

Qaeviir sees little in the way of body language from Vul. Heavy Terminator armor and chainfists do not lend themselves well to expression, and consequently most of Vul's expressions are facial in nature. These, naturally, are concealed by his sealed helmet. Just as Vul prefers it. Let others see only an indomitable, inscrutable mask of ceramite. It helps to give him the upper hand in conversations. Of course, the psyker's mask is no doubt worn with a similar idea in mind. Perhaps he's more like me than he knows. Vul muses, before turning to more important thoughts.

Aloud, he says, "You would be very surprised at how often the False Emperor's slaves will allow themselves to be lured into a personal confrontation. Generals, Inquisitors, even Astartes will allow themselves to be baited by the promise of a chance to take me down, face-to-face. Of course," Vul smiles a bit. "They have yet to succeed. It hasn't stopped them yet. Although," Vul pauses for a moment. "I suppose they merely blindly follow the example of their "god", my dear grandfather, like the good little brainless sheep they are. Did you know that the reason the corpse-king is a corpse, and why Sanguinius lies dead, is that both mindlessly leaped at the chance of a personal confrontation with my father?"
    -Me

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

"Hmmm. I wonder, If I had a thick enough hunk of plasteel, could I simply walk down the hall?" But, to test their firepower, Mortia steps out into the hall, firing at the first fleshy bit she sees.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll to Hit! (1d100)[5] Semi Auto. Vs 41?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

As Nepyths and Mortia join the reavers in pouring fire down the long corridor the return fire picks up in intensity as a veritable storm of las and hellgun fire laces the corridor followed by the "puff" of a missile launch as the missile streaks towards the hulking massive terminator.

The crack of more aimed fire and other rounds from the massed barricade also intensify as with a scream a couple more Reavers are blown away.

Spoiler
    Show

As before Nepyths can get cover for all but Head/ Right arm
    Mortia can get cover for her legs as she towers above the crouching Reaver barricades

Hellgun Horde at Nepyths
    Semi -auto Attack (1d100)[28] TN 50
    damage (2d10+4)[15] (2d10+4)[12] (2d10+4)[14] PEN7

Hellgun Horde at Mortia
    Semi -auto Attack (1d100)[22] TN 60
    damage (2d10+4)[10] (2d10+4)[6] (2d10+4)[12] PEN7

Hellgun Horde at Mortia
    Semi -auto Attack (1d100)[99] TN 60
    damage (2d10+4)[14] (2d10+4)[15] (2d10+4)[18] PEN7

Missile at Mortia
    Single shot (1d100)[71] TN 80 (inc. +10 aim, single, hulking, close)
    damage (3d10)[9][8][9](26)+8 PEN8 concussive 3 proven 2

Sniper at Nepthys- called shot head
    (1d100)[66] TN 66 damage (1d10+6)[15] PEN 5
    - and accurate as required (3d10)[5][10][1](16)

- You may dodge if you wish

the fire is intense and deadly. Nepyths thankful fo the heavy layer of walls that he leaning around as the fire is low and chips and melts part of the wall. It doesn't stop his helmet ringing as a well aimed round fomr the helmets sniper behind the furthest barricade slams into his ancient mk5 heresy era helmet.

Mortia is more or less immune to the hellgun fire wading through it but the missile is deadly accurate rocking the tactical dreadnaught armour as the armour piercing projectile slams into her right arm...

Even as the echoes of missile impact and the barrage of fire begin to fade the Inquistitors hollow voice blossoms in Vul's mind. "I have no need of coming to you. even now you and your scum are being cleared off this vessel. The lucky shall spend their live mining ore but for you nothing but the cleansing fore of the Emperor.
    You are welcome to try and claim my scalp little sorcerer. If you have the courage and the ruinious gods have not stolen your maidenhood"

Last edited by DrK; 2012-12-01 at 11:19 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

"Now perhaps you all agree with my plan to attack the chapel, yes?" Vul says.
    -Me

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

In a series of blinding flashes, Mortia's powerfield flickered and died, right before she took a Krak missle to her arm. Knocking her flat on her back and taking a chunk of her arm with it. Quite annoying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Course it doesn't, I deleted it as it was no longer needed as it couldn't have happened.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Unbeknownst; 2012-12-01 at 05:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, the field overloaded. he thought as the heretek's force field flickered that unimistakable way due to more sustained fire from the defenders. Then a loud crack as a missile impacted in the heretek's armour, the force rather uncomfortable to Qaeviir who was standing a bit away.

"I am in agreement. I did not anticipate a 100 metre funnel of death." the Magister said as he kind of pointed with his staff towards the corridor. "Though I am uncertain the chapel. Is the better choice." He paused for a moment before he continued. "But perhaps we will find something of interest there. Unlikely. In any case." Qaeviir would prefer the bridge being an easier goal, but looking at the current situation, this could take hours or days. Assuming they'd be able to advance in the first place. The lack of cover going forward was a liability, and the defenders had heavy firepower.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2012-12-01 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added field overload

28. - Top - End - #298

Against all odds, Nephthys is able to fire a bolter round into the sniper. However the plague marine has a ruinous feeling it'll simply annoy the sniper at best. Prior to this though, the massed hellgun shots meet their mark, scorching him. His forcefield is able to keep the sniper shot from meeting its mark though.

Spoiler
    Show

Forcefields as appropriate
    Target 50
    Hellgun
    (1d100)[67]

Sniper Shot
    (1d100)[13]

Took 7 wounds

No chance of rolling over a 41 check
    (1d100)[33]
    (1d10+11)[1](12)
    (1d10)[3]

Pen 4
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-12-01 at 04:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Bugbear in the Playground

As the heretech's field overloads, Alicia is caught full on by the blast of light. Clutching her eyes and letting out a stream of profanity, she tries to find her way to the cover she remembers.
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

The carnage is intense as the conversion fields of both Nurgle worshippers light up with violent blasts of glowing light that dazzle and blind many of the nearby Reavers.

As the glow fades the terminator is down - the impact of a missile blowing even the massive hulking frame off its feet. Nepyths again leans around the corner - a carefully aimed shot this time slamming into the sniper helmet leaving a smear of blood pouring down the angry looking armsman's face as he levels the gun around for a return shot...

Spoiler
    Show

i'll wait for other pcs before next enemy shots are fired