New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: 14th Black Crusade - IC

"I serve the Gods. If you need me and my skills, wouldn't you simply take them? I think I prefer to offer them, less painful in the long run."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course I would take them. Mortal desires mean nothing next to fighting the Long War. But you offering them makes things more convenient. And it saves me the bother of having to put you down like so many others who attacked me when I demanded their service." Vul gestures to the mutant skull on his trophy wrack. "That fool being only the most recent of them. I'm glad you see sense. You're in." Vul says, not even considering the possibility that the others might object - if they didn't like it, too bad.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Katria ducks her head humbly, using both that and her hood to hide the faint smile of victory that flickers across her lips. "Then I serve, Lord." She raises her head, expression earnest again. "The Inquistion is like a colony of rats, you can never get them all, and they're everywhere. I'd bet good money that the one you tangled with will get replaced in a flash when you finally sort him out."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm well aware. Over my many centuries of life, I've put down exactly 237 Inquisitors and countless acolytes by blade, bullet, or sorcery. And still there are many, many more." Vul shakes his head in annoyance. "Still, every Imperial death is a step, no matter how small, towards the day when we stride on Terra once more and the False Emperor is finally ended for good."
    -Me

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Did you persaude any of those 237 to give you anything handy before you finished them off?"

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

"I ripped what I desired from their corpses, if that counts. Beyond that, even the most radical Inquisitors I've ever met would never have dealt with an Astartes of the True Legions. Besides, I have no interest in talking with the Emperor's puppets."
    -Me

7. - Top - End - #457
    Colossus in the Playground

The Plague Marine listens to their conversation, seriously doubting the "killed over 200 Inquisitors" claim. He wonders how long it'll take for them to notice he's sitting up. His hand long-released from the medic.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alicia met the impassive stare of Vul's helmet as he lectured her. "Suicidal or bold? I cleared the way to the Inquisitor and captain. Khorne was pleased, and has rewarded me. There was no opportunity for bloodshed other than my own in that prior corridor." Tuning out from the rest of the room as Katria fussed with the medical supplies, Alicia focussed on her new weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Try and put the sword away until I actually succeed.
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Vul snorts. "Khorne did not reward you. You fell in battle. The Hellblade was pried from the grip of the Bloodletter after it attempted to murder me. I gave it to you because you would have more use for it than I. But if you wish to continue your foolish attacks, then I suppose I shall be reclaiming it shortly from your corpse."
    -Me

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Oh, I just hope for a chance to tear the names of others out of him before we leave his corpse to rot." For a moment the cheery look on Katria's face is gone, replaced by a cold, endless anger that fills her eyes. "I'd like that. I think you would too."

11. - Top - End - #461

Aaalll exiiist...to be reclaaaimed...in eeentropy and deeecay. Theee fffaaaallen will fffester. A gift...of peeestilence...fooor the iiinquisitor. Heee....will not suuurvive.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeeeesssss..." Vul says, drawing it out and sounding very happy about it. "I love the look in their eyes as they die."

Vul invokes his abilities, and suddenly Katria sees a memory of his in her head.

Spoiler
    Show
    From the perspective of a towering Terminator, she watches as Vul charges a hard-looking, tanned woman wearing a rosette and power armor. Their swords clash, power weapon against force sword. Her plasma pistol darts under Vul's guard and fires point-blank into his chest, but he doesn't even feel the heat through his armor. Vul and the woman swing their swords at each other, Vul being far more aggressive. The woman begins to slow as the duel goes on.

"What's the matter, dear Inquisitor? Slowing down in your old age?"

She grits her teeth, ignoring his taunt. Suddenly, Vul spots his chance. His sword crashes down on hers, his massive strength forcing it to the ground. Even as she attempts to pull it out, she fails to notice the chainfist screaming at her from the other direction. She spies it just before it tears through the left leg, and she goes down, screaming in agony and spraying blood. Her sword and pistol fall from her hands.

Vul's shadow looms over the writhing woman. "I've been waiting a long time for this." he says, fierce joy coursing through him. "Time to die, my dear Fiara."

The woman, already pale from extreme blood loss, can do little as Vul raises his sword, execution-style, and brings it down, punching through her heart. She tries to scream, but no sound comes out. Vul smiles as the light leaves her eyes.

As the memory ends, Vul says, "my most recent arch kill. More than 70 years ago and a millions of light-years distant."
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2013-01-24 at 03:18 PM.
    -Me

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Qaeviir again was not too interested in the conversations going on around him, instead he observed the khornate and her seeming mental battle with the bloodletter blade. To him it looked like she had troubles letting go of it, her facial expression either one resulting from her close encounter to death or perhaps an added mixture of intense focus to best whatever malicious spirits contained within the blade. Judging by what the Magister had heard about those blades in the past from "colleagues" dabbling in the manufacture of daemonic engines, the latter seemed like a likely bet.

"Is something the matter, girl?" he asked Alicia as she struggled with the blade, hiding a mischievous smirk behind the innocent mimic-mask.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2013-01-24 at 03:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

A wide smile slowly spreads across Katria's face. "Very, very nice.. How do you want us to start off then? Best not to let him run too far, right?"

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

"He was on a penal transport headed to the prison planet. I am confident we will find him there. For the record, his name is Inquisitor Xarrow."
    -Me

16. - Top - End - #466
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alicia gave a short, sharp laugh. "I fell in battle? How odd that I am here before you. One would have thought an Inquisitor would be more thorough. Khorne favors me, witch. You cannot deny that."

Riled, she replied to Qaeviir. "This is a warrior's weapon. It does not rest easily."
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Seeing a possible dispute coming, Katria attempted to head it off. "If we're going, should we nudge the Captain that way? Maybe we can even head off the transport before it really gets anywhere."

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

"You live through luck, and because I dragged your broken form off the ship, revived you, and healed your wounds, ungrateful whelp. I can deny it and I do. I have fought alongside some of Khorne's greatest champions, and I know well what his favor looks like. You are not so favored. Khorne has little use for those who fall before their enemies. Except of course," Vul grins nastily. "As another skull for his throne."

To Katria, Vul says, "Yes, yes that would be wise."
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2013-01-24 at 04:37 PM.
    -Me

19. - Top - End - #469

What iss...to happen...aaafter the iiinquiiisitor falls?

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

We'll see if you can handle it, I suppose. I'm intruiged with the outcome. he thought as he looked at the blade for a few seconds silently.

"I do want to study. That blade. At some point." He wanted it to be known for now. So he could easily convince her to give it up to him for a while at a later point. Soon, he hoped. "Assuming you can find yourself to let go of it. That is."

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

"There's a ritual we have." Vul replies, "To drag the planet into the depths of the Screaming Vortex."
    -Me

22. - Top - End - #472

Aaand that... the Plague Marine looks to the Slaaneshi Mutant skull iiis what yooou killed that over?

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes." Vul says simply enough. "He proved unwilling to cooperate."
    -Me

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

The Magister got distracted from his eyeing of the bloodletter's blade when he heard a ritual mentioned.

"That?" he asked, not sure what they were refering to. Some thing that possessed the rituals?
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2013-01-24 at 05:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

The de Orbis Mysteriis and the other tomes. Vul projects into his head. And kindly refrain from saying the name out loud.
    -Me

26. - Top - End - #476

Gloooorious. He replies simply, a sickly grin invisible behind the gas mask.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Oh." Katria nods, but seems fairly lukewarm on the talk of rituals. "Captain, then!" She turns and ambles out of the room at a fairly suprisingly turn of speed.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

"You said 'that' and 'he'." the Magister clarified, as Vul with his psychic intrusion had clearly misunderstood the question. Qaeviir was aware what ritual they were refering to, but he did not know where they had come from.

Short memory he has, forgetting what I told him the last time he implanted his thoughts in my mind. His fingers subconsciously signed a few curses over the sorcerer of the Black Legion as a show of his irritation.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2013-01-24 at 05:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

"The skull." Vuls points to the mutant's burnt skull on his trophy wrack. "It belonged to the former owner of the ritual. He refused to cooperate, and so was killed."
    -Me

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hm." he uttered, still slightly annoyed over the breach into his mind. Instead of delving further into the previous possessor of the rituals he turned his attention inwardly. He wanted to make sure the sorcerer had not tried to do more while projecting his thoughts into the Magister's mind.