New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Improving the Voidspawn Template

Since this is just discussion, I think it belongs here, but if it ought to be in homebrew, please tell me.

I'm looking to create a prestige class to advance the abilities of the Voidspawn template (from the Book of Templates by Silverthorne Games). I was just wondering if the Playground had any ideas on the topic.

A Bit of Backstory (you don't need this, but I wanted to tell the story(I'm a gamer; long, boring, rambling stories of my characters are my thing))
    Spoiler
    Show
    A corrupt bank we were trying to rob had a Barbazu guarding it, and as we fought it, the devil really started to hurt (second level characters with some incredible rolling) as the thing started to teleport away, the DM had us roll initiative checks to see if we could get in one last strike (I know, not RAW, but it's a relaxed game). I made it, and decided to grapple in an attempt to prevent an escape. Incredibly, I rolled an eighteen and managed to initiate a grapple by a single point. The round ended, and after a brief, but still rather frightening foray into the grappling rules it turned out that the devil was still able to teleport. I asked if I could make an opposed initiative check to stab it in mid teleport, and the DM said I could try. I proceeded to roll a nat twenty versus the Barbazu's nat one. As I stabbed the devil, I rolled a 19, and critted, killing the fiend. Unfortunately, this meant that for a few seconds my character came into contact with the void while the teleport was failing, although the last vestiges of the magic managed to spit me out into Hades. So now I'm Voidspawn.

I don't really have anything specific in mind right now, but if you have any related ideas, please post. I don't know if the forum rules allow me to post the template, but if they do, please let me know and I will post it.
    Last edited by White_Drake; 2012-11-17 at 05:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like one, that on a lonesome road
    Doth walk in fear and dread,
    And having once turned round walks on,
    And turns no more his head;
    Because he knows, a frightful fiend
    Doth close behind him tread.
    The Rime of the Ancient Mariner -- Samuel Coleridge Taylor

Spoiler
    Show