New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 121 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849505152535455567196 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 3609
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXII

Q 617

I'm planning on giving a set of Rings of Force Armor to a Balor lord. The MIC says that they must be worn as a set to work, does the set cost 60,000 or 30,000 gp?

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 617

The price is per pair of rings. The cost is reasonable for the benefit. The downside is the maximum of 2 active ring slot items allowed at a time, meaning no other magical rings may be used while using Rings of Force Armor.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

R 617

Thanks for the timely answer!

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Q 618 Is there a feat that functions like the Tashalatora feat, except instead of Monk and Psionic class stacking for certain things it would Make Paladin and Psionic class stack for certain things?

If so, what book is it in?
    "I Burn!"

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Pixie in the Playground

Q 618

After reading OotS and hearing so much about D&D, it's really tiresome to not know how the game works. However, there aren't any people that I know that have even HEARD of the game (by name, anyway).

So, is there any way I can play it online? I'm taking preference to the 3.5 rule set, but any rule set works.

Q 619

...How hard is it to get started on D&D?

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo094 View Post
    Q 618

After reading OotS and hearing so much about D&D, it's really tiresome to not know how the game works. However, there aren't any people that I know that have even HEARD of the game (by name, anyway).

So, is there any way I can play it online? I'm taking preference to the 3.5 rule set, but any rule set works.

Q 619

A 618-619

These aren't really rules questions, so they don't belong on this thread. That said, the forum has a Play-by-Post section that lets you play with others via forum posts and usually has a few games recruiting. Getting started on D&D is tricky though, especially edition 3.5, and I'd recommend starting with an in-person group.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo094 View Post
    Q 619

In addition to Urpriest's answer, I'd note that the Hypertext d20 SRD has nearly all the basic rules of the game online for free; you can learn the mechanics quite well from that, although you'll probably be lacking some of the social conventions that have developed (as well as some of the suggestions in the printed books).
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Q 618 Is there a feat that functions like the Tashalatora feat, except instead of Monk and Psionic class stacking for certain things it would Make Paladin and Psionic class stack for certain things?

Q 619 Is there a feat that functions like the Tashalatora feat, except instead of Monk and Psionic class stacking for certain things it would Make Paladin and Psionic class stack for certain things?

Yes, I quoted an earlier post an did a copy paste cause it seems I got missed/skipped, and I wish to keep the numbering fairly straight if possible.
    "I Burn!"

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Question Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXII

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    A609

1) is correct. The word "each" is not typically used in a context where, when applying anything to elements of a set, an application can happen more than once to an element. If so, it's spelled out.
    Requesting further info:

This means option 2 is not possible, or are both 1 and 2 possible if i chose to do either?
    "If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance."

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Norin View Post
    This means option 2 is not possible, or are both 1 and 2 possible if i chose to do either?
    Option 2 is not possible.
    "the spell affects each target you hit in melee combat that round". This means if there is only one target, that target is affected by the spell. Period. There is no rule that the same target is affected more than once, no matter how often you hit that target.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Makes sense, thanks.

Option 2 (and 3) was kind of "too good to be true" anyways.
    Last edited by Norin; 2013-02-03 at 03:44 AM.
    "If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance."

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Q 620 Is there a feat that functions like the Tashalatora feat, except instead of Monk and Psionic class stacking for certain things it would Make Paladin and Psionic class stack for certain things?

A620 partial

AFAIK no, and if there is it isn't in Champions of Valor, wherein are all the other feats that let Paladin and class X levels stack.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Banned

Q621
    Is there a maneuver or feat or something which allows someone to make a Reflex save on another character's behalf? Eg you and your bodyguard are in the path of a lightning bolt, your bodyguard grabs you and pulls you out of the way?

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ettin in the Playground

Those two might have been overlooked:

Quote Originally Posted by Andezzar View Post
    Q 612

What special materials are considered metal for the purpose of the metalline special ability (Underdark p. 69)? How about Aurorum, Flametouched Iron, Pandemonic Silver or Rierdan Crysteel?

Q 613

Does the metalline special ability work if put on a +1 dragonfang weapon? How about other non-metal weapons?

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

A 620 correction
    The Ascetic Knight feat can be found in Complete Adventurer. There's also a PrC in one of the Eberron books that provides a similar benefit.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    A 620 correction
    The Ascetic Knight feat can be found in Complete Adventurer. There's also a PrC in one of the Eberron books that provides a similar benefit.
    Re: 620

He is not asking for a way to make Monk and Paladin stack, he is looking for a way to stack Paladin with a psionic class the way Tashalatora does for Monk and psionic classes.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    A 620 correction
    Darn. I was looking for a way to may my psionic powers and some of the paladin class features stack so that I could dip 2-4 levels of Paladin, snag Tashalatora and Ascetic Knight and a dip into Monk for about 2 lvls and the Serenity feat with one final dip into Shiba Protector for a truely Wis SAD martial artist build.

Edit: Swordsaged by Killian!!! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for in his above post. Mine was just the "Why I wanted it."
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2013-02-03 at 10:22 AM.
    "I Burn!"

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Banned

Q622
    Where can I find a Random Age/Height/Weight table (and Aging Effects threshholds) for Forgotten Realms's Genasi? Cursory examination of both the PGTF and Races of Faerun failed to locate one.
    Last edited by willpell; 2013-02-03 at 11:17 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 622

Player's Guide to Faerûn, page 32: Table 1-13: Random Height and Weight has info on Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Genasi, and Water Genasi. Other information on planetouched races is in Races of Faerûn, with 3.5 updates in the online Web Enhancement: Player's Guide to Faerûn Monster Update.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; 2013-02-03 at 12:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 623

Can a cleric (or other character with Remove curse) remove a geas placed on himself?

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 623 Yes.

Note, of course, the following:
    The geased creature must follow the given instructions until the geas is completed, no matter how long it takes.
    If the instructions include not casting any Remove Curse spells, the fact that the spell can break the Geas won't matter. If the Geas spellcaster fails to take that precaution then the Cleric has an easy out.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Re 682
    Note we jumped form 680 to 609 so this is technically 682
    Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    A610

If he full attacks it doesn't provokes attacks of opportunity. SRD
    The above is flat incorrect. The rules state that a full round attack does not provoke, they do not state that the components of a full round attack don't provoke if they provoke of their own accord. Unarmed strikes and ranged attacks provoke no matter how they are made. Interestingly people never try to pull this one for anything other than ranged attacks...

Re 681 (posted as 609).
    The English language is not actually specific enough for the rules as they are to definitively state that you cannot effect a single target with the channeled spell more than once in a round, however this is the standard interpretation. Check with your DM, they may read the passage differently. (if they do it's probably best to try to persuade them not to, even if you are the only duskblade).

The next question should be 694.
    Last edited by Khedrac; 2013-02-03 at 02:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Q624: Do the UA alternate-alignment paladins (Paladin of Tyranny/Freedom/Slaughter) have access to paladin-specific spells from supplements such as Spell Compendium, or are they restricted to the spells listed in Unearthed Arcana?
    Optimization Showcase in the Playground

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD
    IC LXXVI: Talos
    IC LXXV: Alphonse Louise Constant
    IC XLIX: Babalon, Queen of Bones
    IC XLV: Dead Mists
    IC XL: Lycus Blackbeak
    IC XXXIX: AM-1468
    IC XXXV: Parsifal the Fool
    IC XXX: Jal Filius

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Q625

Can I gain psionic focus defensively (without provoking aoo)?

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Q 626

What's the Fort DC to shake off the negative level gained from the death of your Fission double?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Khedrac View Post
    Re 682
    Note we jumped form 680 to 609 so this is technically 682

The above is flat incorrect. The rules state that a full round attack does not provoke, they do not state that the components of a full round attack don't provoke if they provoke of their own accord. Unarmed strikes and ranged attacks provoke no matter how they are made.
    The highlighted statement above is only partly true. Unarmed strikes provoke attacks of opportunity generally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Improved Unarmed Strike
    Normal: Without this feat, you are considered unarmed when attacking with an unarmed strike, and you can deal only nonlethal damage with such an attack.
    However, only the Standard Actions section of the PH Combat chapter states that ranged attacks provoke; the basic discussion of attacks preceding this does not, nor does the Full-Round Actions section. Thus ranged attacks made as standard actions generally provoke AoOs; other ranged attacks do not.

Note: Rules Compendium (see page 16) made a change in this matter. If you use this RC rule, ranged attacks do generally provoke.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Banned

Devil

Q627
    Does a 1 level dip in an Arcane Caster Level and the Practised Spellcaster Feat qualify for a Prestige Class that has "Arcane Caster Level 5th", provided I am 5th level and above?

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

A 627

Yes. A Wizard 1/Fighter 5 with the Practiced Spellcaster (Wizard) feat has a CL of 5.

29. - Top - End - #1379

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    A610

If he full attacks it doesn't provokes attacks of opportunity. SRD
    That is correct that the full attack action in and of itself is not provoking. But that doesn't exempt attacks 'made' during the Full Attack Action.

Unlocking the opportunity to do something and actually doing it are two distinct concepts.

Ranged attacks provoke when made during the full attack action.

Edit: Curmudgeon, just because ranged and melee attacks are defined in the standard action section doesn't mean you can only make them during a standard action. If that were true, full attack action would mean you can't make any attacks at all.
    Last edited by Pickford; 2013-02-04 at 08:48 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Orc in the Playground

Q628

If a monster has a poor player stuck in its Grab (as per improved grab), it is not considered grapple. What if someone uses a ranged attack VS the monster? Is there still a 50% chance to hit the grapple victim?

Q629

Druids and Warshaper. Warshaper 2 gives you +4 con while transformed. However, wild shape specifically says it only counts your base con for HP. Does the +4 con give you increases HP? Fort? Poison DC?
    Last edited by Qc Storm; 2013-02-04 at 12:03 AM.