New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 2

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    (Realized that I never responded to this; Sorry about that.)

Ponyville

Pineapple seems happy for the help up, and takes his hoof. As soon as she's standing on all four legs again, she actually responds.

"Ah, well that's good to hear. Whoever built that bomb was some kind of bucking mad genius. Almost disarmed it too, but I lost track of a grenade casing and it bumped the wrong wire. So, erm, yeah. Boom. That's my excuse for being back so soon. Sorry 'bout that. Thanks for fixing me up, at any rate. I'll be right out of your mane. See ya later, Doc."

By that point she's almost out the door, before freezing as she realizes what she just said.

"Well, uh, you know. Not in this tent, hopefully. Er, bye."

Then, she's out the door unless stopped.
    She probably runs into Eledwhen!

If not, the little filly runs over to her!

Hi Miss Pineapple! Where are you going?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Fillydelphia]

The little colt would just calmly put the SMG on the ground and put his armor off, evading eye contact when possible, seeing the slavers would be like staring again into the nightmare that's pretty much telling him "the bad guys do more than you!".

He doesn't respond either about where would they stay, he couldn't care less, it kinda seemed to him like "nightmare or bad dream" choice.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-01 at 11:55 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville]

Thankfully, Pineapple's fairly good at not walking directly into ponies. At least when sober.

"Hey, Eledwhen. I was just going to head down to the town square and fetch my stuff from where I left it earlier. Then I'm gonna go through some of these buildings and see if I can't find anything worth salvaging. How about you?"

4. - Top - End - #304

Ponyville

Eledwhen bounces up and down! I'm watching Daddy do something with another pony. Can I come with you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville]

Pineapple freezes with a mildly concerned look on her face as she completely misinterprets that statement, though she thinks better of continuing on the subject.

"...Right. Yeah, I guess you can come along. Be careful though, and let me make sure each building is safe before you go walking in. Your dad would kill me if you got hurt on my watch, after all."

6. - Top - End - #306

Ponyville-Misinterpretations

Eledwhen keeps bouncing, in a fashion similar to Pinkie Pie!

Don't worry. He's busy doing something with a mare. Even if he was angry, I could calm him down. Let's go!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville]

Forgetting that she had just resolved to drop the subject a few seconds prior, Pineapple just stares slack-jawed at Eledwhen for a long moment. As it turns out, specifying a mare didn't help much with the previous misinterpretation.

"..."

A soft exhale and a dipping head can be seen as the older mare tries very hard to clear out the resulting mental images, which are especially strange because she's never actually seen Lamianos without his Powered Barding. A quick shake of the noggin, though, and she's back in reality.

"Anyway, I don't want you to get hurt either, so if I say to wait a moment, don't follow me in. I don't mind you coming along, though. I suppose you have to learn how to scavenge sooner or later if you want to last a long time out here."

Presumably the two head off toward the main street by now, unless Eledwhen has more to say.

8. - Top - End - #308

Fillydelphia

The scarred unicorn turned away from the griffin, silently closing his eyes. He didn't know himself; Finder was older than him, as well as wiser in the ways of the Wasteland.

New Appleoosa

The grey pegasus nodded. "Well then. Guess it works out after all."

He grinned, winking silently at Mags.

Ponyville

The doctor gave an almost amused glance at Pineapple as she left, but soon fell into a muse alone in the tent.

---------------------------------

Bella dodged the charge and, with incredible force, slammed Lamnios in the cheek again.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2013-01-02 at 10:58 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:41 PM

Maul shrugs and says "Whatever you say boss." Before moving infront to walk down the hallway. All the while inside of him he's mentally breaking down and frantically running around in his head, screaming "HOW THE HELL DO I GET OUT OF THIS!" within his psyche. His eyes slowly twitching as the only sign of his distress.

[Tag Benson]

Ponyville

Trick me once shame on me. Trick me twice shame on you.

The old saying has quite alot of meaning, especially in the wasteland. This time around when Bella tries to knock more teeth out of Lamia's mouth the Chimera will lunge at her. Wrapping his limbs around her in a grapple as he attempts to latch on to her with his row of serrated teeth. If he did manage to successfully engage in wrestling then he would try to grab a hold of her head and slam it into the ground, shifting his body to allow him to bear his full weight upon her.

[TAG Drowlord]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2013-01-02 at 11:06 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

10. - Top - End - #310
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fillydelphia

He could already almost feel the stupid magic suppression ring cutting off his mana pool. Still, he complies. Although Stern seems to be pulling them into the Talon camp, Finder mostly wants to get out of the way.

"The motel, it'll be quieter."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "And I don't want 'ta stay with strangers, I'm not willing." Mags replied with a sharp nod with her eyes closed.

Steel Creel rubbed his face with his hoof with a downward swoop. "Fine. But, you have to listen to everything I say. If I tell you to get to safety, you will listen."

"I promise to not put myself in danger." She gave him a salute. She glanced at Sparky and Bright Eyes for their support in her decision, or rather was hoping for it.
    Bright Eyes smiled. "Good girl! You'll go far some day. And you'll have more of a world to go far in, with a bit of luck...

"Ah, and I just remembered that I'm supposed to check on the refugees. I'll be back to join you soon, okay?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia

Stern frowns slightly. "Hm. Pity. You seem like you'd be fun at parties," she says with a nod to Finder.

The griffin then turns to Chamber. "Help Hacksaw get the rings on 'em. Once we get to the motel, I want you and Peregrine to stay and keep an eye out for trouble."

The unicorn snaps a crisp salute, and smiles enthusiastically. "You can count on me, ma'am!"

The medic griffin (Hacksaw, presumably) steps forward and places a small brass ring over Finder's horn, and another over Elestre's. Chamber Round's horn flickers, and the rings lock into place, latching to the unicorns' horns. It's only slightly uncomfortable, though neither will probably enjoy the sudden void-like sensation left in place of their magic, as the rings rob them of all arcane ability.

"The rings will come off when you leave, or if Red Eye gives the order. Just a formality, safety first and all that crap," Stern says with an idle wave of her talons. While the first griffin from earlier, Chamber's friend Peregrine, gathers up the armor and weapons, Stern turns and begins to stride back towards the gates, slinging her rifle over her shoulder. "Well, let's find you a place to bunk for the night. I'll get one of my boys to bring you some burgers in a bit. Anything else you want or need? Booze, drugs, magazines, mares, radio, so on and so forth?" she idly asks.

As the group nears the gates of Fillydelphia, they notice that it's not guarded by only slavers. While a pair of heavily armored unicorn stallions with assault rifles stand on either side of the heavy doors, standing atop the walls themselves are a pair of green alicorns. They almost seem like statues, unmoving and unblinking.

However, the group may notice that their gazes shift as they approach the alicorns. Instead of staring into space, the creatures lower their eyes while keeping their heads still, locking their gazes on Finder, Elestre, and Luka. With blank expressions and unblinking stares, their eyes follow the trio as they approach the doors.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

13. - Top - End - #313

[Fillydelphia]

The little mopey one wouldn't really respond, keeping his head hung low, he slowly walks with the rest of the group.
    He would dare for a bit and raise to look up, noticing the alicorns and their gaze, but after that, he just drops his head low, it all had to be a nightmare.
    He was just wasted, why not just be invisible or wake up at the woods?
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-03 at 03:57 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314

[Fillydelphia]

That insidious whisper, dripping both honey and venom, shouldn't be too difficult to recall. The same whisper that mocked them as they fled from the slavers once again tickles at the pony's minds.

Oh ho, we meet again! The Goddess is displeased to find you here, our little ponies. We went to great lengths to see to your escape.

Is that one of the greens talking to them?

Does it even matter?

So why are you here, hmm? Did you so foalishly decide to trust Red Eye? Or perhaps you believe you are going to 'free' our sister from Unity?

The voice becomes cold, a horrible pressure in the mind like the dark crushing depths of the sea.

Speak nothing of the agreement the one once called Ebon made with the Great and Powerful Goddess. Or we will see to it that your suffering is MOST profound.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #315

[Fillydelphia]

The little colt just doesn't respond, just passing with his head hung low.
    "make his suffering the most profound"? yeah right, like if he wasn't already going through it, he just couldn't care less about.... stuff anymore, kinda like a tree or something planted in the desert.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316

Fillydelphia

Elestre felt the flow of his magic cease, leaving him nothing but his battered body and his... emptiness? Why did he still care? Now Luka was silent, apparently uncaring. Finder he hadn't even known that long, and the colt didn't consider him a close friend, rather a good ally. Ducard had been gone, the rest of them gone for yet longer.

Eledwhen...

And before that it was nothing but cold and hunger and blood-scattered darkness. So why was he still going? Out of some deluded belief he could make things right again? No. It wasn't a delusion. It couldn't be.

He would have telepathically spoken to the alicorn right then and there if his magic was not gone. As it was, he shook his head, following the group with an almost bitter half-smile on his face.

Ponyville

Bella rolled to the side, avoiding the brunt of the blow but catching a slash on her hoof. She surreptitiously filled her mouth with a dry soil as she did so, then charged ahead as if to headbutt the chimeric pony.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

17. - Top - End - #317

[Ponyville]

Forgetting that she had just resolved to drop the subject a few seconds prior, Pineapple just stares slack-jawed at Eledwhen for a long moment. As it turns out, specifying a mare didn't help much with the previous misinterpretation.

"..."

A soft exhale and a dipping head can be seen as the older mare tries very hard to clear out the resulting mental images, which are especially strange because she's never actually seen Lamianos without his Powered Barding. A quick shake of the noggin, though, and she's back in reality.

"Anyway, I don't want you to get hurt either, so if I say to wait a moment, don't follow me in. I don't mind you coming along, though. I suppose you have to learn how to scavenge sooner or later if you want to last a long time out here."

Presumably the two head off toward the main street by now, unless Eledwhen has more to say.
    Eledwhen follows her!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponyville

The Chimeric Ranger slides across the dirt as he recovers from the miss, and swerves about as he charges forward to meet her head butt with his own noggin.

[TAG Drowlord]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville]

A short trip down to the spot where Pineapple met that Enclave Pony a while back, and she's re-equipped and barded once more.

She's properly set up to fight this time, should some raiders still be hiding around town or something. Thumper is at her side, still seeming like an enormous weapon to be carrying without Power barding, with her four saddlebags balancing out its weight on the other side. Two of them are already empty by this point, having contained the large block of C-4 she used in the library, as well as a heap of other explosives and ammunition for Thumper that was used during the battle.

She still has enough left to work with, though, and still has enough fuel and oxidizer to make more bombs as soon as she has enough scrap to make casings.

In any case, motioning for Eledwhen to hang back slightly, she pokes her head into the nearest structure, looking for mines, random hostiles, or anything else that looks especially hazardous to a filly.

(Tag: Chaotic Bob)

20. - Top - End - #320

Ponyville

Eledwhen waits patiently like a good filly!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

21. - Top - End - #321

Fillydelphia

What do you know, Finder was right about being drained and tired lessening the ick factor of the ring. It still doesn't feel right but... by the sisters no no no. He takes a step back after finding himself in the presence mentally and physically of alicorns.

Luckily all the panic doesn't completely destroy his wastelander instincts. They were just offered anything so... "Well we should really be resting... fast... away from..." he doesn't point but it's clear from body language what he's uncomfortable with. "But how clean is your water?"

Purified water. Worth its weight in refined celestium batteries.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

New Appleoosa-Absolutely Everything

Steel Creel looked at Bright Eyes and gave her a nod. "Alright...we'll be...at my house...its...on the second level...use the south catwalk." He said trying to remember...actual directions to his cart house. Yea....

In the meanwhile, Mags was pleased to be going on an adventure with Mister Steel Creel and his new friends.
    ===

The warrior pony stared and glowered at the back of Maul Steel's head as they walked down the corridor. "You don't know how much I hate you and your annoying sudden subservient act."
    ===

Fillydelphia

Swift Star pointed to himself in that 'what about me manner?'. He still wanted his gems, his preciousses.

23. - Top - End - #323

New Appleoosa

Sparky grinned. "Well then. Looks like we're ready?"

Ponyville

Bella got within a foot of Lamnios and then spewed dirt towards his eyes. She then rolled below the pony and swept out a hoof from underneath.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Maul Steel glances back at the warrior, a wry smile on his face "W-Well aren't y-you just a b-b-bundle of sunshine, chuckles. It ain't an.... act, it's just my "true nature" as my old friends said, c-course they also kicked me in the ribs once in a while so I'm starting to question our initial f-friendship." He says as he tries to stop his voice from cracking with strain.

[TAG Benson]

Ponyville

The chimera's eyes burn in pain as the dirt assaults him, his eyelids shutting in time to avoid some of the oncoming dirt. In a rush of pain he fumbles, losing his footing and falling flat on the ground beneath him, exactly where Bella is rolling in.

[TAG Drowlord]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia

Stern doesn't even look up at the alicorns. "Don't mind the alicorns. They're creepy as hell, but they work for us. Red Eye's the prophet of the Goddess and all that jazz, after all," she says with a slight roll of her eyes. Clearly she's not religious...

"As for water, we've got a few water talismans, and some mages who know how to clean the irradiated crap. It's not enough to keep everything clean, especially with so many mouths to feed and thirsts to quench. But most ponies around here, slave and slaver alike, have clean or relatively clean water to drink," she explains. As the gates begin to grind open, and the alicorns continue to stare, Stern raises an eyebrow at Luka and Elestre. "Funny thing is, foals get first dibs on clean water. You both look like you're still young enough for School here, actually..."

School?
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

[New Appaloosa]

"Yep! Got it! I'll see you there!"

And thus, after a quick stop by the Common House to check in and let the refugees know what she was up to, Bright Eyes, using the sense of direction often possessed by protagonists, found her way to the rendezvous point.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

27. - Top - End - #327

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Fillydelphia

Stern doesn't even look up at the alicorns. "Don't mind the alicorns. They're creepy as hell, but they work for us. Red Eye's the prophet of the Goddess and all that jazz, after all," she says with a slight roll of her eyes. Clearly she's not religious...

"As for water, we've got a few water talismans, and some mages who know how to clean the irradiated crap. It's not enough to keep everything clean, especially with so many mouths to feed and thirsts to quench. But most ponies around here, slave and slaver alike, have clean or relatively clean water to drink," she explains. As the gates begin to grind open, and the alicorns continue to stare, Stern raises an eyebrow at Luka and Elestre. "Funny thing is, foals get first dibs on clean water. You both look like you're still young enough for School here, actually..."

School?
    Fortunately for the stable colt, he has no idea about schools in the wasteland, so it wouldn't affect him as much, but the water part does, he just keeps his head low, at least to try and not get worse.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-07 at 12:52 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville - Scavenging!]

Pineapple scans the room a few times with her eyes alone, and comes up empty hooved.

"I think we're clear. If you hear any beeping noises, though, scream and run away, alright?"

The mare trots in, and begins methodically searching the dilapidated room for anything of potential value or use.

29. - Top - End - #329

Fillydelphia

Well it seems like the colts won't be too thirsty then at least. It doesn't seem they're too clear on just handing out water though. Finder's still uncomfortable though, taking care not to insult the insane mindless murderer's god in front of them. "Well, let's just turn in then."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330

[Ponyville - Scavenging!]

Pineapple scans the room a few times with her eyes alone, and comes up empty hooved.

"I think we're clear. If you hear any beeping noises, though, scream and run away, alright?"

The mare trots in, and begins methodically searching the dilapidated room for anything of potential value or use.
    Eledwhen nods! What are we looking for?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,