New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 2

Fillydelphia

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Finder has an urge to go ahead and save everyone's neck and make an excuse for Luka before the colt gets mopey or depressed or whatever he's not had the change to see what's going on. "You must understand the last few days have been harsh on the colt."

Considering Red Eye's pro-child agenda that may accidentally go over well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    The colt would slightly look away when Red Eye leans into his eye level, not wanting to see the red stallion as he's kind of the source of all his depression, when he asks if it's shyness of dislike he wouldn't really answer yet, instead he sits still for a bit, but thenhe would murmur
    "........The latter"
    It would sound pretty quiet, kind of like an small exhalation, almost a whisper, but still possibly loud enough to be heard by Red Eye and the others too
    Red Eye's gaze flickers over to Finder, and he gives a small, knowing smile. "Clearly."

He then looks back over to Luka. His smile takes on a much sadder note, and his eye shows a bit of sorrow. "As I said, I understand why one such as yourself would feel this way. I am not angry. Only saddened."

The crimson stallion leans back into his chair, folds his forehooves together, and sighs. "I take no pride or joy in the pains that I cause. It is rather messy business..." he laments. "I will not seek to defend myself or my actions to you - you are free to judge me as you see fit. And you are free to leave at any time. In fact, if you would like to wait outside with-" he pauses, and turns to raise an eyebrow at Stern. "Who did you bring with you?"

"Greta and Perry," Stern replies factually.

"Ah yes, the designer and the family grif," he muses with a warm smile. "Good, good." He looks back at Luka, and leans forward a bit to once again bring himself to eye level with the young colt. "As I was saying, if you'd like to, you can wait outside with Miss Greta and Mister Perry. They'll keep you safe and entertained while I discuss some things with your friends, that way you don't have to feel uncomfortable talking to me. How does that sound?" he asks with a polite, sincere smile. There doesn't appear to be any sort of deception or condescendingness in his eye - he seems to genuinely be offering Luka a chance to step out.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Fillydelphia

Red Eye's gaze flickers over to Finder, and he gives a small, knowing smile. "Clearly."

He then looks back over to Luka. His smile takes on a much sadder note, and his eye shows a bit of sorrow. "As I said, I understand why one such as yourself would feel this way. I am not angry. Only saddened."

The crimson stallion leans back into his chair, folds his forehooves together, and sighs. "I take no pride or joy in the pains that I cause. It is rather messy business..." he laments. "I will not seek to defend myself or my actions to you - you are free to judge me as you see fit. And you are free to leave at any time. In fact, if you would like to wait outside with-" he pauses, and turns to raise an eyebrow at Stern. "Who did you bring with you?"

"Greta and Perry," Stern replies factually.

"Ah yes, the designer and the family grif," he muses with a warm smile. "Good, good." He looks back at Luka, and leans forward a bit to once again bring himself to eye level with the young colt. "As I was saying, if you'd like to, you can wait outside with Miss Greta and Mister Perry. They'll keep you safe and entertained while I discuss some things with your friends, that way you don't have to feel uncomfortable talking to me. How does that sound?" he asks with a polite, sincere smile. There doesn't appear to be any sort of deception or condescendingness in his eye - he seems to genuinely be offering Luka a chance to step out.
    Just after the offer's given, he would tilt his baseball cap again, just that this time he would end up doing so with the pipbucked hoof, and if Red Eye says nothing he would take a while, then say
    "Ok........" with another exhalation, and if nothing else's said he would try to step out, at least he would get away from the biggest thing.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #513

Fillydelphia

Elestre looked at Red Eye, surprised. Yet his admiration for the pony was being raised by the second. Turning back to the elder colt, he gave a smile. "If you feel it's best, Luka."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fillydelphia

Finder would be lying if he said he wasn't relieved. Luka might have been a little loose on the lips or say something awful with that mood. As of now it's one less thing to have to think about.

He waits until the colt is gone before saying anything. "I wouldn't want to leave him waiting on his own. If it's alright, can we speak business?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia

Red Eye's eyebrow raises slightly at the pipbuck, but other than flashing an even friendlier smile, he says or does nothing. Luka is allowed to step outside without incident.

Out in the hall, the two power armored guards don't even move an inch. As for Greta and Perry...

"Seeeeeeeeeeeeee? You look much better!" Greta exclaims.

Perry, who now has a fedora hat perched atop his head, simply stares at her with a flat deadpan expression.

"Quite dapper," the griffoness muses with a playful smile. "I'm sure Chamber would-" She suddenly turns to look at Luka. "Oh hey!" she cheerfully greets him, before quickly realizing what the deal is, and giving a sympathetic frown "Didn't like the boss, huh? Hey, no worries, lots of ponies don't like him. You can hang out with us til your friends are done."

While Greta is distracted, Perry plucks the hat off his head and flings it down the hall.

Meanwhile, back inside the office...

Red Eye smiles politely at Finder and Elestre. "Straight to the point, Mister Finder. I like that."

The crimson earth pony begins to pour himself a cup of tea. "Well you see, I'm very curious about something. It's my understanding that you were part of the group which attacked Old Appleloosa - a gallant endeavor, by the way," he casually remarks. "I've heard through the grapevine that the Goddess somehow became involved, and... something about a deal? It sounds like quite a fascinating story."

Red Eye takes a sip from his cup of tea, before staring over the rim and raising an eyebrow at the two ponies. "Care to elaborate?"

6. - Top - End - #516

Fillydelphia

Red Eye's eyebrow raises slightly at the pipbuck, but other than flashing an even friendlier smile, he says or does nothing. Luka is allowed to step outside without incident.

Out in the hall, the two power armored guards don't even move an inch. As for Greta and Perry...

"Seeeeeeeeeeeeee? You look much better!" Greta exclaims.

Perry, who now has a fedora hat perched atop his head, simply stares at her with a flat deadpan expression.

"Quite dapper," the griffoness muses with a playful smile. "I'm sure Chamber would-" She suddenly turns to look at Luka. "Oh hey!" she cheerfully greets him, before quickly realizing what the deal is, and giving a sympathetic frown "Didn't like the boss, huh? Hey, no worries, lots of ponies don't like him. You can hang out with us til your friends are done."

While Greta is distracted, Perry plucks the hat off his head and flings it down the hall.
    When he comes out he would at most walk towards the griffon's, slightly raising his head to see Greta play with Perry, then lower his head, when he gets to them he would just sit down, and shake his head slowly when Greta asks him if he didn't like being with their boss.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Perry leans against the wall opposite the office, crossing his arms and relaxing a bit.

Greta, meanwhile, sits down on the floor next to Luka so that they're on the same level, though with a few respectful feet between them. "It's alright little guy. Hey, ya wanna know a secret?" she asks with a smile. Without really waiting for his reply, she leans forward a bit and playfully whispers: "I don't like him either."

Perry scoffs. "Greta, it's no secret that you don't like him. You bitch about it all the time," he remarks with a grin.

Greta frowns, and waves a wing at the other mercenary. "Don't use such bad language around the kid!"

Perry rolls his eyes.

8. - Top - End - #518

Fillydelphia

Finder's at least getting a little clearer, allowing him to see an avenue to really... screw everyone over he doesn't like here. Namely one... hivemind. The tea would actually help, but Finder doesn't realize it's likely actual tea instead of some weird scrubweed that might mess with his head.

"It's... it may be more accurate to describe us as seeing what attacked the town before we got there."

And now to spill the beans while being able to fully stay in the clear on the Alicorn front. "Now, we've been threatened not to expose the deal not made with a pony you could easily find the name of. One of the unicorns from the new town, now missing."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Southwest Equestria- The Good, the Bad, and the Pulpy

Maul's heart began pounding against his chest, his ears rang from the sound of the blood pumping through him. This was due or die, the very few moments of truth that would determine whether or not he got promptly executed alongside his bro. The Slaver Stallion was stuck between a rock and a hard place, and he fought with the tenacity of a cornered rat. His options limited, he continued with the magical tug of war as he sprinted forward and attempted to stomp in the Warrior Bro's face repeatedly.
    The "warrior bro" pony grunted as he started to bleed from from various orifices on his face from getting face stomped. "I...won't you get away with this you vile creature...!" he grunted and weakly TK'd a rock and threw at Maul's direction.

"S**t s**t s**t..!"
    Tough Stomp cried out as he tried to buck the other warrior to keep him from pulling out the spear from 'warrior bro'. He missed and fell forward, end his turn in this round of "whacky comnat".

10. - Top - End - #520

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Perry leans against the wall opposite the office, crossing his arms and relaxing a bit.

Greta, meanwhile, sits down on the floor next to Luka so that they're on the same level, though with a few respectful feet between them. "It's alright little guy. Hey, ya wanna know a secret?" she asks with a smile. Without really waiting for his reply, she leans forward a bit and playfully whispers: "I don't like him either."

Perry scoffs. "Greta, it's no secret that you don't like him. You bitch about it all the time," he remarks with a grin.

Greta frowns, and waves a wing at the other mercenary. "Don't use such bad language around the kid!"

Perry rolls his eyes.
    He slightly raises his head, only a tiny bit
    "........You don't?"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

He slightly raises his head, only a tiny bit
    "........You don't?"
    Greta gives a wan smile, and shakes her head. "Nope. I'm not a big fan of all this slavery business. I hate it, personally. But, I'm a Talon, and my Wing got hired out to work for him. And Talons are honor bound to carry out whatever their contract dictates, even if they don't like it. So-" she gives a shrug and a sigh of disappointment, "Not much I can really do about it."

"You're lucky Stern doesn't fry your ass for stirring up dissent..." Perry idly grumbles.

Greta gives another shrug. "It's not like I'm trying to rally the slaves. Just voicing my opinion," she muses. "But yeah, she has given me a stern talking to about keeping my complaints behind closed doors," she remarks with a witty smirk, apparently proud of her little pun. "Besides, Red Eye knows I don't like him. We had a little heart-to-heart while I was designing his curtains," she says with a flippant wave of her talons. "He said my opinions were 'refreshing' and whatnot. Since I'm not dead or out of a job yet, I guess he really didn't mind. That, or he really likes those curtains," she muses.

12. - Top - End - #522

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta gives a wan smile, and shakes her head. "Nope. I'm not a big fan of all this slavery business. I hate it, personally. But, I'm a Talon, and my Wing got hired out to work for him. And Talons are honor bound to carry out whatever their contract dictates, even if they don't like it. So-" she gives a shrug and a sigh of disappointment, "Not much I can really do about it."

"You're lucky Stern doesn't fry your ass for stirring up dissent..." Perry idly grumbles.

Greta gives another shrug. "It's not like I'm trying to rally the slaves. Just voicing my opinion," she muses. "But yeah, she has given me a stern talking to about keeping my complaints behind closed doors," she remarks with a witty smirk, apparently proud of her little pun. "Besides, Red Eye knows I don't like him. We had a little heart-to-heart while I was designing his curtains," she says with a flippant wave of her talons. "He said my opinions were 'refreshing' and whatnot. Since I'm not dead or out of a job yet, I guess he really didn't mind. That, or he really likes those curtains," she muses.
    Just when she talks he slightly raises his head, somewhat more than before though, and now with a slight hint of anger below all the depression

"Why don't you just stop being a talon instead of helping slavers then?"

He says, kind of between his teeth, he seems to be really against slavery, whatever their cause........ Just that it's consequences latelty have been messing him up.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-03-06 at 03:15 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Perry averts his gaze evasively.

Greta's shoulders slump a bit, and she looks... very sad. She turns to stare off to the side for a moment, frowning in thought. "It's... complicated. Way more complicated than a colt like you wants to hear about. Let's just say... it's not as easy as that," she sighs.

After a moment, she looks back at Luka, and smiles sadly. "Let's talk about something else, alright?"

The griffoness leans back against the wall behind her, and looks up at the ceiling for a moment, pondering a new topic. "Let's see... What do colts like? Hmm. Oh I know!" Without skipping a beat, she leans forward a bit, and her beak curls into a playful smirk. "Do you like guns?"
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-03-06 at 03:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Perry averts his gaze evasively.

Greta's shoulders slump a bit, and she looks... very sad. She turns to stare off to the side for a moment, frowning in thought. "It's... complicated. Way more complicated than a colt like you wants to hear about. Let's just say... it's not as easy as that," she sighs.

After a moment, she looks back at Luka, and smiles sadly. "Let's talk about something else, alright?"

The griffoness leans back against the wall behind her, and looks up at the ceiling for a moment, pondering a new topic. "Let's see... What do colts like? Hmm. Oh I know!" Without skipping a beat, she leans forward a bit, and her beak curls into a playful smirk. "Do you like guns?"
    Right after the slight burst the colt would just drop his head again, just for raising it a bit again with ears perked up when she asks that.
    "........Yeah, why?", thought he'd usually be like "like guns? LOVE GUNS!" but that emotion is still sadblocked at the moment.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta grins, and leans back a bit to gesture at her stomach.

Strapped to the griffoness' lower abdomen, nestled amongst the holsters and padding of her kevlar body armor, is a small but sturdy shotgun. In one fluid movement, her tail whips around from behind her back, wraps around the grip of the weapon, and yanks it free from its straps.

Dangling the firearm aloft with her tail, the mercenary begins to enthusiastically point out the various features with her talons. "Originally your standard 10 gauge hunting shotgun, I've totally completely dismantled and reworked it into the compact little beauty it is now. Lopped off most of the barrel, shortened the slide, reinforced frame to handle the added stress, custom pistol grip with comfort in mind, and an optional flashlight attachment. Currently saving up for an enchantment to reduce the recoil on it. Oh!"

She points at the barrel, and smiles proudly. "And it's personalized." Sure enough, her name has been engraved, along with some intricate little flowers, leaves, butterflies, and other cutesy designs.

Perry rolls his eyes once again.

16. - Top - End - #526

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta grins, and leans back a bit to gesture at her stomach.

Strapped to the griffoness' lower abdomen, nestled amongst the holsters and padding of her kevlar body armor, is a small but sturdy shotgun. In one fluid movement, her tail whips around from behind her back, wraps around the grip of the weapon, and yanks it free from its straps.

Dangling the firearm aloft with her tail, the mercenary begins to enthusiastically point out the various features with her talons. "Originally your standard 10 gauge hunting shotgun, I've totally completely dismantled and reworked it into the compact little beauty it is now. Lopped off most of the barrel, shortened the slide, reinforced frame to handle the added stress, custom pistol grip with comfort in mind, and an optional flashlight attachment. Currently saving up for an enchantment to reduce the recoil on it. Oh!"

She points at the barrel, and smiles proudly. "And it's personalized." Sure enough, her name has been engraved, along with some intricate little flowers, leaves, butterflies, and other cutesy designs.

Perry rolls his eyes once again.
    The colt would seem to.... Bright up a bit? well, very very slightly, but a bit, his head rises up just a bit to see the gun.

"nice gun........I lost all of mine"
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-03-06 at 05:30 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Gunshow Hallway

Greta smiles sympathetically. "Lost 'em, huh? Well, I suspect that once you leave the city, you'll be given all your gear and stuff back. Who knows, maybe I can help set you up with a little something extra, to help make the Wasteland a little safer for you," she says with a conspiratorial wink.

With a flick of her tail, she returns the shotgun to its holster straps. "So what sort of guns do you like? Pistols? Shotguns? Things that go boom?" Goodness, she's chipper...

Perry shakes his head in bemusement. The power-armored guards are as statue-like as ever.

18. - Top - End - #528

Fillydelphia - Gunshow Hallway

Greta smiles sympathetically. "Lost 'em, huh? Well, I suspect that once you leave the city, you'll be given all your gear and stuff back. Who knows, maybe I can help set you up with a little something extra, to help make the Wasteland a little safer for you," she says with a conspiratorial wink.

With a flick of her tail, she returns the shotgun to its holster straps. "So what sort of guns do you like? Pistols? Shotguns? Things that go boom?" Goodness, she's chipper...

Perry shakes his head in bemusement. The power-armored guards are as statue-like as ever.
    The colt would wobble/shift a bit
    "Rifles and shotguns"
    Overall, he's still kind of hanging his head, with the cap obscuring his visibility to anything above Greta's diaphragm, just that at least he's holding his head to a place unlike before
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta nods. "Interesting choice. I hear pegasi make really good snipers, since they've got that whole 'in touch with weather so we can judge wind and atmospheric conditions perfectly' thing going for them. Well, the wild ones make good snipers, at least. Those Enclave folks prefer MEWs, I hear," she observes offhandedly. She looks down at Luka's Pipbuck for a moment, before smirking. "Ah, but you're not Enclave, so you probably wouldn't know that. Yeah, it's tricky to snipe with an MEW - no recoil, slower projectile, never know when you target is gonna go ~poof~ or burst into flames or something," she says with a wave of her talons, trying to do a 'fwooshing' motion to illustrate somepony catching on fire.

"I like rifles," Perry casually adds.

Greta playfully waves him off with a wing. "Nobody asked you Perry!" she jokingly yells at him.

20. - Top - End - #530

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta nods. "Interesting choice. I hear pegasi make really good snipers, since they've got that whole 'in touch with weather so we can judge wind and atmospheric conditions perfectly' thing going for them. Well, the wild ones make good snipers, at least. Those Enclave folks prefer MEWs, I hear," she observes offhandedly. She looks down at Luka's Pipbuck for a moment, before smirking. "Ah, but you're not Enclave, so you probably wouldn't know that. Yeah, it's tricky to snipe with an MEW - no recoil, slower projectile, never know when you target is gonna go ~poof~ or burst into flames or something," she says with a wave of her talons, trying to do a 'fwooshing' motion to illustrate somepony catching on fire.

"I like rifles," Perry casually adds.

Greta playfully waves him off with a wing. "Nobody asked you Perry!" she jokingly yells at him.
    "What "Enclave"?"

He would ask
    ----------------------------------------------------

[South]

Meanwhile, a griffon would be wandering around the south
    His feathers would be light gray, somewhat similar to silver or platinum, and his fur would be brown, somewhat like tan.

He would seem pretty heavily armed, with heavy combat armor on him, including a helmet, carrying a shotgun, an assault rifle and 2 SMGs on the sides

He would just be walking around and looking to his surroundings if there's something he could have to check out

[tag: Lycan]
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-03-06 at 07:03 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta blinks twice. Perry raises an eyebrow. Even one of the guards react, titling his armor-shod head to the side slightly.

"Seriously?" Greta asks, tilting her own head in a curious manner. "You don't know about the Grand Pegasus Enclave?"

"How fresh out of the Stable are you?" Perry asks incredulously.

Greta folds her talons together, and looks pensive for a moment. "Okay, kiddo. Long story short - when the bombs fell and Equestria got wasted, the pegasi all said 'see you poor bastards later' and bailed on everyone to go hide in the clouds. Except for Rainbow Dash, but that's a different story. So yeah, they called themselves the Grand Pegasus Enclave now, and they don't let anybody else up there, even pegasi who were born on the ground. They're the ones who made the sky all perma-cloudy, and they've got lots of crazy technology and stuff, like super-advanced power armor and MEWs. My dad knew a guy down in New Neigas who was an ex-Enclave, so I know for a fact that all this stuff is legit," she says with a nod of assurance.

------

Southern Wastelands

As the griffon stalks the windswept badlands mark the border to the Equestrian Deadlands, he spots something in the distance. A plume of smoke rising from a hillside. Upon closer inspection, he will discover what used to be a farmstead - a small farmhouse, a barn, and even a windmill. But judging from the smoke rising from the ruins of the burnt-out farmhouse, it seems something horrible has happened here...

22. - Top - End - #532

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta blinks twice. Perry raises an eyebrow. Even one of the guards react, titling his armor-shod head to the side slightly.

"Seriously?" Greta asks, tilting her own head in a curious manner. "You don't know about the Grand Pegasus Enclave?"

"How fresh out of the Stable are you?" Perry asks incredulously.

Greta folds her talons together, and looks pensive for a moment. "Okay, kiddo. Long story short - when the bombs fell and Equestria got wasted, the pegasi all said 'see you poor bastards later' and bailed on everyone to go hide in the clouds. Except for Rainbow Dash, but that's a different story. So yeah, they called themselves the Grand Pegasus Enclave now, and they don't let anybody else up there, even pegasi who were born on the ground. They're the ones who made the sky all perma-cloudy, and they've got lots of crazy technology and stuff, like super-advanced power armor and MEWs. My dad knew a guy down in New Neigas who was an ex-Enclave, so I know for a fact that all this stuff is legit," she says with a nod of assurance.
    "3 days or so" he would respond to Perry

When Greta explains, the colt just raises his head, for a bit part of his depression just went away

"Wha-?.....They made the clouds so and don't let anything go into the clouds? also have tech and don't help? That's........ That's just plain wrong" He would say indignated

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Southern Wastelands
    As the griffon stalks the windswept badlands mark the border to the Equestrian Deadlands, he spots something in the distance. A plume of smoke rising from a hillside. Upon closer inspection, he will discover what used to be a farmstead - a small farmhouse, a barn, and even a windmill. But judging from the smoke rising from the ruins of the burnt-out farmhouse, it seems something horrible has happened here...
    When he spots that he would get his assault rifle and approach to investigate further, also if there could be stuff that could be somehow useful to him
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-03-06 at 08:54 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallfway

Greta nods. "Yeah, that's pretty much what Rainbow Dash said, or so the story goes. Which is why pegasi who leave or get exiled from the Enclave get her cutie mark branded on their flank - they call 'em Dash-ites."

"Isn't that just an old wasteland legend?" Perry asks dubiously.

Greta shakes her head. "Nope. The guy my dad knew was a Dash-ite. Had the brand and everything." She then looks back at Luka and frowns. "Seriously, the Enclave are bad news. Don't ever try to fly up through the clouds, unless you want your face melted off."

---
    Desolate Farmstead

Scattered around the farmstead, the griffin finds three bodies - they're all badly burned beyond recognition, but judging from the amount of empty shell casings scattered around, it seems like they didn't go down without a fight.

Exploring the farmstead turns up nothing inherently useful. It seems like anything of value was either already taken, or destroyed when the house was torched. However, near the broken-in front door of the ruined farmhouse, the griffin may notice a broken picture frame on the flour - a recent photo, it seems, taken using some salvaged photography equipment. It shows four earth ponies - a mother, father, almost adult son, and a young little filly.

Further exploration of the farmstead will eventual reveal... tire tracks? Indeed, there seem to be tire tracks around the farmstead, which eventually veer off and head West. Curious.

24. - Top - End - #534

Fillydelphia

Elestre gave a slight wince. "Yes, it was indeed... Interesting, from a perspective."

He then fell silent to help Finder illustrate his point without interference. He doubted that the stallion was going for idle conversation, and doubted that any point he made was going to help it much.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

25. - Top - End - #535

Fillydelphia - Hallfway

Greta nods. "Yeah, that's pretty much what Rainbow Dash said, or so the story goes. Which is why pegasi who leave or get exiled from the Enclave get her cutie mark branded on their flank - they call 'em Dash-ites."

"Isn't that just an old wasteland legend?" Perry asks dubiously.

Greta shakes her head. "Nope. The guy my dad knew was a Dash-ite. Had the brand and everything." She then looks back at Luka and frowns. "Seriously, the Enclave are bad news. Don't ever try to fly up through the clouds, unless you want your face melted off."

"That's....Just plain wrong"
    He would simply say, then lower his head a bit, not exactly entirely of depression, but of inner voicing, it would actually seem to him like another thing to fight, the thought that they may be just like Red Eye doesn't cross his mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Desolate Farmstead

Scattered around the farmstead, the griffin finds three bodies - they're all badly burned beyond recognition, but judging from the amount of empty shell casings scattered around, it seems like they didn't go down without a fight.

Exploring the farmstead turns up nothing inherently useful. It seems like anything of value was either already taken, or destroyed when the house was torched. However, near the broken-in front door of the ruined farmhouse, the griffin may notice a broken picture frame on the flour - a recent photo, it seems, taken using some salvaged photography equipment. It shows four earth ponies - a mother, father, almost adult son, and a young little filly.

Further exploration of the farmstead will eventual reveal... tire tracks? Indeed, there seem to be tire tracks around the farmstead, which eventually veer off and head West. Curious.
    He would take in the photo after finding it, if the bodies were all of the same size, it's possible the filly wasn't one of them.... If the photo was taken by them.

When he finds the tire tracks it would kind of get curious to him, tires? either somepony's been lucky and found a functional vehicle or it was a cart made with salvaged pieces of vehicles and used it to get the loot away, he would follow the tire tracks, actually taking flight to go faster and get a clear view of where is it going, and get a longer field of view.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Pony Curbstomp's without the curb

Maul shared the same reaction with Tough Stomp as he strained to assault the warrior and hold the spear. Perhaps Tough Stomp could distra- Oh, well then, looks like Maul is on his own. His horn was glowing bright from the magical duel he was participating in and- The horn! That was it! Stopping his hoof assault on the Warrior Bro's face he defaults to using the weapon Celestia gifted to him, by trying to gouge out the Warrior Bro's face with Steel's horn.

Ponyville

Lamianos threw his smile to Patch as he says "Oh just meeting old friends brings out the best in me is all. MMMmmmm, this wolf is pretty good. Razoreye, wherever you found this thing you gotta look for more. Heck, get two of them and we could start breeding the things." He joked before tearing off the last bit of meat on his bone.

[TAG Drowlord, MCerberus]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2013-03-06 at 10:07 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Red Eye's Office

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Finder's at least getting a little clearer, allowing him to see an avenue to really... screw everyone over he doesn't like here. Namely one... hivemind. The tea would actually help, but Finder doesn't realize it's likely actual tea instead of some weird scrubweed that might mess with his head.

"It's... it may be more accurate to describe us as seeing what attacked the town before we got there."
    "Ah yes, a spot of trouble with Celestia's Legion, I heard. How unfortunate," Red Eye sighs.

And now to spill the beans while being able to fully stay in the clear on the Alicorn front. "Now, we've been threatened not to expose the deal not made with a pony you could easily find the name of. One of the unicorns from the new town, now missing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Fillydelphia

Elestre gave a slight wince. "Yes, it was indeed... Interesting, from a perspective."

He then fell silent to help Finder illustrate his point without interference. He doubted that the stallion was going for idle conversation, and doubted that any point he made was going to help it much.
    And now Red Eye frowns. Not an angry frown, so much as a contemplative frown of 'hm, that's not good.'

"Threatened you say? Hm. Interesting," he muses. The red stallion sets down his tea cup, and folds his hooves under his chin.

"Now, gentlestallions, let me see if I am understanding this correctly. This pony you knew, who is now missing, didn't make a not-deal with someone who is certainly not not a specific great and powerful individual who may or may not have a god complex," he idly surmises. "Said individual then threatened you to keep this non-existent information out of my hooves."

He looks off to the side for a moment, and ponders. "Hm. Curious." He looks back at the two ponies, and gives a small smile. "Now, the fact that they're willing to go so far as to threaten you implies that this is absolutely not sensitive information they wouldn't want me to have under any circumstances. Which makes this hypothetical information all the more important to me, theoretically. Not just for my own purposes, but for the greater good of the Wasteland as a whole. Do you follow?" he politely asks, giving a small gesture of his Pipbuck-clad hoof.

Stern has a look of 'can we please just get to the point?' plastered on her face.

----
    Fillydelphia - Hallway

"That's....Just plain wrong"
    He would simply say, then lower his head a bit, not exactly entirely of depression, but of inner voicing, it would actually seem to him like another thing to fight, the thought that they may be just like Red Eye doesn't cross his mind.
    "Eeeeyup," Greta sighs. "But hey, that's the Enclave for ya. They're just written off the Wasteland, for the most part, other than the token 'We'll return to save the survivors... eventually!' assurances they feed themselves. And the occasional patrol or scouting mission. Speaking of, if you ever see some pegasi in ominous-looking black power armor... run. Or try to pass yourself off as anything besides a pegasus. I hear they're, uh, not too fond of you ground-born fellas," the griffoness explains with a perturbed frown. "Unlikely you'll ever see one, but still. Keep your guard up, little guy."

"What brings you out of the Stable, anyway?" Perry asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

----
    Southern Wasteland

He would take in the photo after finding it, if the bodies were all of the same size, it's possible the filly wasn't one of them.... If the photo was taken by them.

When he finds the tire tracks it would kind of get curious to him, tires? either somepony's been lucky and found a functional vehicle or it was a cart made with salvaged pieces of vehicles and used it to get the loot away, he would follow the tire tracks, actually taking flight to go faster and get a clear view of where is it going, and get a longer field of view.
    The griffin takes flight!

Into the western skies he soars, following the tracks. After a few hours flight, he sees that the tracks begin to follow along some old railroad tracks, which lead into a canyon up ahead. There seems to be a couple of ponies moving around near the mouth of the canyon...

Keep flying, or follow the tracks groundside?

28. - Top - End - #538

Fillydelphia - Hallway

"Eeeeyup," Greta sighs. "But hey, that's the Enclave for ya. They're just written off the Wasteland, for the most part, other than the token 'We'll return to save the survivors... eventually!' assurances they feed themselves. And the occasional patrol or scouting mission. Speaking of, if you ever see some pegasi in ominous-looking black power armor... run. Or try to pass yourself off as anything besides a pegasus. I hear they're, uh, not too fond of you ground-born fellas," the griffoness explains with a perturbed frown. "Unlikely you'll ever see one, but still. Keep your guard up, little guy."

"What brings you out of the Stable, anyway?" Perry asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.
    The colt would lower his head again after a while, but not be as close to the Despair Event Horizon as he was a bit ago, when Perry asks
    "Came out looking for Dad, he went outside and missing, didn't tell me why"
    He sighs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Southern Wasteland

The griffon takes flight!

Into the western skies he soars, following the tracks. After a few hours flight, he sees that the tracks begin to follow along some old railroad tracks, which lead into a canyon up ahead. There seems to be a couple of ponies moving around near the mouth of the canyon...

Keep flying, or follow the tracks groundside?
    When he sees the ones moving around he would go groundside to make himself the least visible, he would try to follow the tracks, but if they get too close he would try to hide somewhere and listen if they got any info he could use about his tracking
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-03-06 at 10:39 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539

Fillydelphia

"If that were true..."
    Finder kind of loses that train of thought for a moment as his headache flares. He mentally stumbles for a moment, the kind of slip he wanted to avoid manifest.

He eventually figures out something to say but it may not be what he originally wanted. "If that were true, you might need to figure out why that pony was needed."

Hopefully Elestre would have something better to say here.

Ponyville

"Taming them would take the skill out of hunting them, and the meat would not taste as good,"
    Razoreye opines. Some ponies may like the softer meat of a domestic animal though.

"I'd also recommend trying your hoof at taking one down while I'm headed south."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Here you go.))

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    "Erm...okay."

Pineapple says, really to both of them.

"Alright, you want something to eat Miss Jewel? I think Razoreye's still got some wolf."
    "No, I'm fine, thank you. I don't eat carnivores." Night Jewel smiled and shook her head.

"So, Razoreye? Sounds... interesting." Sounds like the kind who'd kill a pony over occupying a lavatory. The sooner I find a place I can get locked down, the better. "Are there any others I should know around here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Steel gave Stormy Skies a sympathetic nod, despite that the group had been a bunch of bandits. It was more the idea of kinship despite the label applied over said group.

"Oooh..ooh oooh...I want to hear the one about the bear!" Mags yelped aloud enthusiastically.
    "Right! It's kind of a long one, but it's pretty fun. Listen well!"

With that, Bright Eyes went into a long explanation of her adventure, starting with an arrogant baronet encountering a magic-using monster. He had apparently acted stupid and got turned into a bear, forcing Bright Eyes to come, defeat the monster and break the enchantment. There were signs of heavy embellishment in this story, and Bright Eyes got sidetracked several times by talking about proper rock-throwing techniques and how she trained them.

"And then when I got to the castle... Say, are you still listening? I haven't even gotten to the part about the arrogant fellow's sister."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)