New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 3

@Xander: I am certain there is still some power left in the lake for a few more vials, Xander. Take as much as you want. Let me know when you are ready.

Jacob walks towards you.

"Arrallae trusts your decision, Xander. It is you the only one here that can cast the Ritual, it would seem."

@Tarith: You hear all points thrown across the table and decide you've had enough of the woods, goddesses, and fey.

Flying off from the rubble and destruction you leave behind the wizard and the cleric. Let them figure out what's best to do with the crazy gauntlet made elf.
    After a almost two days, You see the great Wooden Gate of Justcrown. The guards offer no resistance. They are indeed quite surprised to see you come in and recognize you as the one who entered days earlier. You walk down the streets and admire the urban architecture. It is a relief- alleys, rooftops, balconies, vaults, noble districts. Everything the last days have deprived you of. Not too far away, you see the lights on at the Foaming Wench. You casually direct your gaze upwards and notice a caped fellow on the roof of a nearby house. His moves are smooth, but not as smooth. He seems to be carrying a bag with him.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith casts fly, and sneaks up to be near the figure
    "You know, if I can see you, others can as well."

take 10, so 33 on hide and move silently.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Dantie, Jacob and Balion acted as subjects for the spell, but only one subject is required, the one that is staying in Swans Rest, Jacob in this case, you may participate in the spell if you wish, much the same way Balion did, however the only benefit gained would be your blood as a potential key to the seal.

As for your modifications for the Ritual, they will need no aid in battling the undead, as this area permeates with positive energy, destroying such creatures if they did enter. You other idea however may be viable, if Jacob approves it.

To himself.
    I wonder if Silas has any trusted pupils that could lend there aid, I must remember to check while I am there.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: The cloaked figure freezes in place...

Tarith?

The figure turns around and you see Oliver. His leg has healed really well since his fall from the balcony at the Skylarios' place.

Oliver puts his bag down and shakes your hand, while patting your shoulder with the other.

"Cecile and Basil told me what you did. Thank you, T. I decided to do some shopping for Cecile's wedding. Thought about getting them some nice stuff for the wedding party, and maybe a present."

@Xander: "I recall Steiner was very serious about leaving one inside the Swan. Since I take it you will be leaving, I volunteer to stay inside and take care of her, as I have always."

5. - Top - End - #65

GreenSorcererElf

"That seems like a good plan. Just remember: no distinctive markings, as they can lead to... awkward questions. Are you done here for tonight, or do you have more to do yet?"

Wedding presents. Interesting. Hopefully, resurrection's count as a present
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "I was done. Bill and Cecile agreed on no priest for the wedding. You know they were never the religious type. They have asked Otis to conduct the ceremony at the Wench. You should see the old man! He's sweating it, writing down the things to say. I even saw him coming back from Temple District with a bunch of books."

Oliver looks at the city from the rooftop.

"It's good to have you back, T. Although I'm certain you'll be leaving again, yes?"

7. - Top - End - #67

GreenSorcererElf

"Yep. Things to do, places to rob, that sort of thing. I will be here for the wedding, though. Somehow, that does sound like Otis, however. Do you want a ride down?"

Tarith has been hovering in front of Oliver the whole time. Just because.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #68

RedWizardGuy

Jacob, you are more than welcome to be the one to remain in Swans Rest, it only seems appropriate. As for Steiner wishing a subject to remain inside, I believe since your blood is involved as well, that you remaining inside aids to stabilize the magic in some way, as well as keep a key nearby if the seal ever needed to be opened from the inside. The room in front of the seal, I would also like to work at converting that into more of a defensible position, as if a attack occurs while the seal is down, being able to battle the enemy before they are inside of Swans Rest would reduce the risk of bystanders getting injured, or homes taking damage.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: "Thanks, T." You help Oliver down and he walks towards the Wench.

"I thought the Ravens were gone when Cecile and Basil got killed at that house. I still have a hard time believing you got them back! Cecile says she remembers some things from her time...away, yes. That's how she put it. Basil is, well, Basil. She says she remembers watching you fight, as in a dream. as such, she wishes to take on your path as a Spellthief. She always was the most gifted of us four in deciphering wizard's toys, so I guess it suits her. The two want a small ceremony, but of course, they want to reduce expenses, so the five finger discount is the way to go. I was planning on getting pastries at Madame Barriard's Bakery. Otis will cook and set the religious theme. Basil will go and fetch the dress from Miranda's. I got some novelties for decor. Cecile has volunteered to go, since she doesn't trust Basil's taste so much. Bill wants to go for the rings- Pottsdorff's royal emblem rings at his manor."

You walk into the Foaming Wench and Cecile greets you with a hug.

"T! You're back! Don't forget you're best man. I already assigned the guys their duties, so you won't have to bother with the errands. Check out Otis over there."

You watch Otis, wearing a thick set of glasses, sipping some ale and reading a heavy book.

"Tarith! How are you, old sport! Heard the news? I'm getting these two ravens married. Now if only I knew what these words mean..."

@Xander: "The fort sounds like a very good idea. This is so different from what Steiner had planned initially. Thank you. Now even I may be able to take a walk through the woods. I'll be ready whenever you say so."

10. - Top - End - #70

RedWizardGuy

It is only because Steiner put so much work into the original spell, and documented it well, that we are able to improve it now.

After finishing his conversation Xander returns to Steiner's home, in order to gather the paintings that had been left there, and carefully study the home for a hour, knowing he intends to use the home to teleport to Swans Rest.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander. You walk up and down the two story house. You get acclimated with the doors, the beds, the environments, the aromas, even. The color of the draperies. Then you sit down on the couch and position the paintings in front of you. Like a personal gallery.

Sinister Varian, slain by a group effort between you, Dantie, and Tarith

Sadistic Nerine, nymph assassin still at large

Cruel Kazym, the monster behind it all

Elusive Bandobras, quick as the wind

And then there is that man with the dark eyes. That expression. The accent in the eyes, forming an engulfing void. Whoever this man may have been, caused a tremendous impact on Steiner, to the point of writing a warning behind the canvas.

You sit on the couch and review the notes, confident that you are well acquainted on the house.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-17 at 07:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

GreenSorcererElf

"The Ravens are gone when we give up on the idea. If they want a real priest, I can probably persuade one to preside, without the paying for it bit. Oddly enough, I was going to pay Pottsdorff a visit, as he neglected to pay me for the autumn ball. I did not have time to do anything about it then, but now..."

After Tarith walks into the tavern, looking over the tavern, remembering the good times had there, and knowing that he would likely never be back here.

"Cecile, good to see you! You look much better now than you did in the woods."
    Tarith returns the hug, trusting that she would not steal anything important.

"Otis, I am fine, and I was possibly one of the first to hear, as she flew off into the distance. I could probably get a real priest to preside over the marriage, if you want one, Cecile. If not, I can probably help you with the words, unless that book is in some really obscure language."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Otis hands you the book. "It's that church talk, you know? The one the pelorites and the cuthbertines debate on all day if you are bored enough to watch at Temple District."

He hands you the book. It's a pelorite bible, a common textbook carried by many priests, written in celestial. Otis has the page opened on the subject of exorcisms.

"I think I got this one, T. Who knew I'd be such a matchmaker, huh? Father Otis!"

Otis raises his mug and takes a deep swig.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-17 at 08:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

GreenSorcererElf

"Otis... I think it might be better if I recruit one of the priests. However, if Cecile does not approve, this is the section on marriages"

Tarith leafs the book to the section on marriage, and hands it back to him.

"I suppose another option is for me to copy this section into common. Anyone got some paper and a pen?"

After the requested items are handed to him, Tarith translates the section on marriage into common, modifying it to be a little more... thief friendly.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You transcribe the wedding ceremony in layman's terms, enough for Otis to understand and not blurt something incoherent.

"Thanks, Tarith. If Cecile is alright, with it. I will conduct the ceremony. Then again, you have your friend, the pelorite. Dantie, right?"

Cecile ponders on the thought.

"Dantie could, but he'd probably want us to get married at his church and get indoctrinated and all that stuff. I want a wedding tomorrow."

She turns to Basil, Oliver, and Bill.

"All right! Chop chop! We need to scatter! Basil, you're coming with me to Miranda's. last time I walked by, I saw the most amazing dress! Olver, head for Barriard's- don't froget the creme filled croissants and the cake! Bill, sweetie, you never told me what you were going to get me..."

Bill kisses Cecile in the hand, evoking the knights of old.

"My fairest maiden, I'm off on a most noble quest!"

The Ravens take off.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Dantie listens to Xander and nods. Did I say dead, sorry I meant those with evil intent. I can show you the divine way to write these and cast the spells tomorrow if you wish so that you can see what I mean to an extent. But I will be mostly busy with repairs. I should be able to make this fort you are talking about though. If someone could make me up the blueprint though so that it is made perfect. Dantie says with a smile. Happy already to be fixing the village up and perhaps making it more defend able then before. Jacob I could also make those tunnels underground more sturdy and seal that vault for good. Though I believe you should not tell my colleges about it...may cause them to try and dig it up. Perhaps making a blacksmiths and such though would not be a bad idea. I can make it all the way in the back if you want and if she can have the trees grow to hide it from everyone's view so that they only remember it when they need it. Dantie says before his mind turns to food, and the hopes that Tarith sent the message to the church like he asked.

17. - Top - End - #77

RedWizardGuy

To Dantie before leaving.
    Yes, if you could explain procedure for me, although if you are working it into the spell you will most likely have to be present to cast the spell when it calls for it. I plan on returning to Justcrown soon using teleportation magic, however I would require the bedroll we procured in Justcrown, else I would have to wait till tomorrow to depart, may I have it for some time? You of course are welcome to return with me if you wish, I plan on beginning the ritual tomorrow, so do not plan on being gone long.

Xander packs the the paintings in his haversack, stooping to read the inscription on the back of painting of The First.

Fascinating, to think Steiner had met these people and they had proven a threat even before Swans Rest was sealed.

Xander waits till it has been about eight hours since the battle with the hill giants, and lays down in the bed roll for a hour in order to recover all of his spells.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Aye I will be there. Do I need to cast it each day though, just so I know what to ask Pelor for? Dantie asks Xander curiously as he pass him the bedroll. I will be staying here so that I can begin helping the people here. Could you stop by my church tomorrow and let them know that Arrallae has agreed to allow them to send to priests. And if you could bring them back with you. Dantie then goes back to stiners house with Xander and begins reading through all the holy texts about the morning star trying to see if she is indeed her. But when he sees Xander picking up the paintings Dantie looks at him. Please do not sell those. If we could leave them here even it would be greatly appreicated so that future defenders can protect this place and know who their enemies are if we were to ever fail. I am thinking of leaving a small journal as Steiner did for those in the future. Dantie says looking over the book in his hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+16)[32] religion

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You rest in the bedroll for one hour. Instantly, all your spells are written back in your mind. You step out of the house and watch the villagers working to rebuild their homes. You then focus mentally on Justcrown, Silas' school, to be precise, and order the forces of the cosmos to send you there in an instant.

Spoiler
    Show
    At this point, roll a percentage for success to get there, seeing as you have been there only two days at most.

@Dantie: You watch Xander leave the house and rest on the couch, reading through the texts you brought from Justcrown. Specifically, looking for information on the Morning Star. This is what you gather.

The Morning Star was gifted from birth with the powers of vision. Said to have been bestowed by Boccob, as a gift. The Morning Star would later serve Pelor, which did not infuriate the Archmage of the Deities since, as the texts read, it may have been his intention all along.

Such is the whimsy of the gods.

20. - Top - End - #80

RedWizardGuy

Rest assured, I do not intend to sell them, I do not wish to leave them behind, as if we may need to inquire as to the whereabouts of one of the ones depicted, as would be simpler to show them a picture, rather then hope to convey an accurate description in hopes whomever we are speaking to will properly interpret and accurately give us the information we need.

I will deliver your message for you, and return with whomever they send.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-17 at 11:21 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Do you think we could have copys made? At least then we can have both plans in effect. And Xander listen to this. Dantie says as he reads to Xander what he just read. Sounds alot like our girl no? Their have been other pointers as to this, but none as sound as this piece of evidence. And thank you Xander, I feel Tarith may be to busy with the wedding to have remembered. Dantie says knowing how eager his band was to see him again.

As Xander disappears Dantie walks around Swans rest getting to know the people and places and asking each and everyone of them their opinions of the seal and what should be done. Along with battlements and trying t ofind out who is the best at such skills. All the while leaving Jacob and Arrallae alone to think. After all they knew where he was.

Once finished he goes back to his home and reads until he falls asleep for the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    taking 10 on gather information for a 18. Xander you mind writing that information down in your book list thing? (1d20+16)[24] religion
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-11-17 at 11:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: You feel your body shudder as the threads that make you are unmade and remade miles away, at the exact point of destination you have wished for. You open your eyes and are standing right at the door leading to Sila's School of Sorcery. It is still daytime and the city folk are going about their business as usual. The Autumn Ball passed and gone.

If only they were aware of what had transpired in their back yard.

"Xander! Come in! I had my doubts, but, then again, I knew you'd make it back! How was your excursion into the Fey Woods? Anything interesting, or just folk tales from drunk troubadours?"

Silas welcomes you warmly and turns to his students.

"Remember Master Corillian? He's come back from a forage into the Ancient Woods, filled with untapped and mysterious powers! You want to be able to channel those, don't you?"

The pupils nod eagerly.

"Well then... WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE! THIS IS THE SHOP! GO BACK TO THE CLASSROOM!"

The students run back and you hear the usual cantrips from the early years uttered next door.

"It´s good to get their morale. So, how did it go? Did you deal with the problems there? Where's Tarith, Dantie, and Bishop?"

23. - Top - End - #83

RedWizardGuy

I had thought about copying them, I can ask around while in town, however an accurate copy may prove difficult unless I hired a artist.

As to Arrallae's link to your religion, I can not be sure, however now that we have learned she is an artifact of great power, and not necessarily a living being, I am wary to say your religion would recognize an item as a champion, a holy tool perhaps, would you allow me to browse your texts to aid in fact checking?

Assuming this is going on before Xander rests. If Dantie allows Xander to read the texts. Xander reads through them, looking for connections between the Morningstar mentioned, and what he has seen of Arrallae.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge (Religion) (1d20+13)[28] (due to it being a holy text)
    Knowledge (The Planes) (1d20+16)[28] (due to Arrallae being tied to the planes)

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: You take a stroll down Swan's Rest. The destruction isn't as bad, thankfully. The giants only broke into the main entrance, so a few houses were torn down. You direct your gaze towards Arrallae's temple. A shame one of the statues had been defaced so badly. You talk to the villagers, introducing yourself. This is what you gather.

Thomas was one of the first settlers in Swan's Rest. Estranged cousin to Jacob. He was a very good mason in the outside, and by watching him unroll scrolls with blueprints, it would seem he's very good in here as well.

Cassie is a strong woman. A lumberer by trade. She greets you with a firm handshake before resuming chopping duties.

All in all, the village is working well together, even with Arrallae in the temple. You do worry about the big holes left in the dome. You can only hope those giants learned their lesson.

@Xander: Vague. The stories contained in the texts are referred to by many as myths. Beings of such power may have been abundant back then. Further research may be required to link both. Truly a long journey ahead.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-17 at 11:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Why of course Xander I got copies so that we could both study without getting in the way of the other or missing something the other has not. As for her being an artifact..She may have tried creating a magic item and it went horribly wrong. It is not unheard of after all. Dantie says thinking on what Xander has said and taking it into consideration. Still got to wounder how she came back to being whole and how Tarith escaped. Dantie said curious about how Tarith was gone for some time as was the gauntlet and then he came back and she was whole.

After seeing Thomas skill as well as Cassie he asks the two of them to make blueprints for a small fortress to go up directly inside the seal so that if they were to ever be attacked again and the seal were to fall they would have a better defense point.

With that he retires to the house given to them for the rrest of their stay and reads until asleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+16[/roll] religion My next post will take place the next morning.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2012-11-17 at 11:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

RedWizardGuy

To Dantie before leaving.
    I am afraid I can not say for sure, the references are to vague for me to come to the conclusion that Arrallae must be the Morningstar mentioned. That is the unfortunate downside of utilizing texts of this age, there are so many myths mixed with the facts that any useful information is often muddled in some way, I am willing to do further research with you if you wish.

As to how Arrallae returned to her current state, I am not sure, Tarith had spoken of needing to put the gauntlet on, and during the battle Anzaril contacted me saying Arrallae was in her lair, in her elven form, we would need to speak with Tarith for further details.

Spoiler
    Show
    just realized Xander was reading a old book and didn't roll a history check, in case it changes anything. Knowledge (History) (1d20+12)[24]

In Justcrown, once him and Silas are alone.
    Xander relays the events of the Fey Woods to Silas, He does not bother to leave anything out. He also shows Silas the translated journal, and his notes on both the seal and the ritual.
    And that brings me to my primary reason for appearing here so suddenly, the seal protecting Swans Rest needs to be restored, although I am making some modifications to improve upon the original spell, in order to allow the village more freedom, and the ability to protect themselves should further threats arise.

This ritual however, will require a great deal of me, some of witch can be lessened if I have additional help from other arcane casters. Would you be willing to assist me in the casting, allowing you the opportunity to see all I have told you for yourself, and in our free time we can begin discussing necessary preparations for the school.

Also, given the limited number of arcanists I know personally around here, are any of your pupils well studied enough that would be willing to lend there aid as well? That you trust with such a task of course.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-18 at 12:16 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: Hours go by and Silas dismisses the students when their lessons are done, yet he is entirely focused on your tale. By the time you are done, Silas is busy scribbling down notes of your tale.

"Xander...this is simply incredible! You managed to maintain peaceful contact with fey- even bonded with one of them. This tale about the Guardians. And Arrallae... this does not bode well. If she is what you believe and what I have ascertained through your findings, we could be looking at something terrible, at a global scale- maybe even bigger. No wonder she was secreted. Her memory loss still eludes me, but if I get a chance to see this place, meet her. I should refer to Arrallae as a her, I presume? I doubt she would like to be referred to as an artifact."

Silas then grows somber.

"So you met Nerine again? As well as the lich? And she had someone new? This is bad indeed. If they knew about Arrallae, they will most definately attempt a second strike. I wonder, however. You mentioned she became a gauntlet. She also mentioned she was incomplete. If she is a gauntlet- typically a piece of armor, that means there ought to be another gauntlet. Maybe another aspect of her? This is truly puzzling."

Regarding your request to join the Ritual.

"And you will be presiding? Extraordinary! How would I miss such a casting? Now, I understand you are to set the parameters of when we must partake on it. That would be four castings. I hope you have everything set up. I have a young wizard in town. Stephan Mc Dowen. Not the most seasoned wizard, but he did graduate a few years ago. A diviner. I will ask him to come with us to the Forest for an extended leave. I do hope the villagers have no qualms about seeing so many new people after such a long time?"

It starts to go dark outside. Silas lights a candle and produces a scroll.

"This was given to me by Tarith before leaving. It's a scroll retrieved from the doppleganger, Varian. It leads to a place called The Ward. I conducted extensive divination, along with Stephan to find out where exactly this place is. It certainly is not in the Prime Material, Xander. We quadrangulated the very fabric of the scroll, analyzed the properties. Any trace of planar matter on it. We could not, sadly, know where this Ward is, but we did decipher something on the scroll. Invisible to the untrained eye."

Silas places the candle close to the scroll. A wording appears beneath the destination

Room of Truth

"So, as you can see, it designates the traveler to this area specifically. I have not used it, as you can clearly see, but if you wish, we could conduct further study and travel in there and out with Tarith and company."

Silas blows the candle away and opens the door outside. As both walk back to his loft. Silas smiles.

"And here I thought I would spend the rest of my days as a teacher!"

28. - Top - End - #88

GreenSorcererElf

"Right, well, I have my own trick to play, so I will be back before dawn"
    Tarith heads towards the Duke's place
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You walk casually through the city streets, sticking to the shadows until you reach the facade of the Palazzo.

A gentle night breeze makes your cloak flow against the night as you watch the other ravens scatter through the rooftops in different directions of the city. You watch Bill scaling the western wall of the palazzo, which is still under construction. The outer gate has a retinue of 5 guards patrolling the perimeter. You can spot archers on the rooftops. Then, you see Rosalind walking towards the gate.

"I have been assigned to keep guard, by church decree. Please open the gates. I am certain the inquisitor is inside as well?"

"Yes ma'am! Please come in."

The guards open the gate and Rosalind walks in wearing a fullplate and a white cape trimmed in gold.

30. - Top - End - #90

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Xander told Silas about the seance as well, forgot to add that.

Once back in the loft.

I believe her is the appropriate way to refer to her, the village seems to call her by name regardless of form. I also have a few pictures painted by Steiner himself that were left behind when Swans Rest was sealed. of the one know as The First mentioned in the journal, and the halfiling, Bandobras, I believe are both one of the six that Arrallae mentioned during her seance.

Xander shows Silas two pictures.

Yes, we met Nerine again, and she is still proving a ill tempered as ever. As to the lich, Kazym he alluded to be involved in some organization, I believe Nerine, and the Doppelganger, Varien, now dead, are all involved in the same organization. Witch I suspect seeks to locate the six items mentioned, with Arrallae being the brittle star. Based on the Seance, I assume there are six total pieces involved in one single complete suit of armor. I believe The Rotten Child referred to would be her opposite, and a gauntlet focused on negative energy, I assume its living form will be some type of spoiled child, perhaps under the guise of a young heir of some less then reputable land. Given the fact that Arrallae has such strong ties to the Positive Energy Plane, I dare say this defiantly be larger than a global scale.

Xander shows Silas the remaining pictures.

As you the Ritual, Yes I intend on having all the parameters figured out by the time we begin, I wished to know what resources I had available to me before I moving to that step, you will have the opportunity to meet quite a few very impressive individuals while there. I would very much appreciate it if you would ask Stephan. However we may not require a lengthy stay, have do either of you have the spell teleport available in your books? Outside of the hour long session, there is some repairs to be done, but as I believe I will be required to travel to uncover more of this mystery my time will be limited, and we should spend it in preparations for what ever school business is required of us. If you either of you are missing the spell, I would be more than glad to allow the both of you make copies of it from my book, as a gift for assisting me, and seeing as I am unable to cast spells on the days of the ritual, would one of you be able to provide a ferry service of sorts, transporting us from Justcrown to Swans Rest, and back again? I have spoken with the mayor, if a few guests are required in order to safely protect his village, I see no reason it would be a problem.

At the mention of the scroll.

That is intriguing, I am sure they will wish to travel them sometime soon, especially if we can safely transport ourselves back, the trip sounds all the more appealing. Be I wonder what this Room of Truth is. We will have to speak to Tarith and Dantie, Tarith left for town before me, would you be able to prepare a sending spell to contact him in the morning by any chance? That way I can finish my preparations.

Also Dantie wished for me to stop by his church and retrieve two missionaries that plan on staying in Swans Rest, and to see if you knew anyone skilled enough to reproduce a copy of these pictures, and he wishes to leave a copy in Swans Rest so they may easily identify there enemies in the future.

Spoiler
    Show