New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Shadows of the Past 3

"Of course. See you at dusk."

Tarith casts disguise self, disguising himself as a young nobleman, before heading out, towards Silas's school, intending on selling some of the loot he has acquired.

(1d20+16)[30] disguise
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

To Vincent before leaving his shop.
    Them being a smaller size would make them more portable. If the replicas are made at a reduced size, there would be no loss in detail I trust? I wish for whomever views them to be able to quickly recognize the ones depicted in each. If so then that sounds like a excellent idea.

To Silas as they are walking.
    Nerine? She has returned to Justcrown? We should make haste to the church, we can not allow this to stand.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-19 at 02:51 PM.
    Characters currently playing

Spoiler
    Show

Shadows of the Past Xander Corillian Xander Sorcerer spells
    Shadows of Death Draken Korvick

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: "Of course, Dantie. Come with me."

Arrallae places her hand on your shoulder and both are bathed in a golden radiance. When the light subsides, you are looking at the southern gate to Justcrown.

"I hope all goes well. I will return to swan's Rest. Wish Tarith good luck, ok?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you Arrallae. And I shall. Make sure the village is prepared for war while we are away and that there is not a single shadow in all the area. We do not want anyone getting killed now while we are away. Dantie says before running up to the gate and barreling through it towards the temple district.

When he arrives he goes directly into the temple of Pelor and looks for Farther Wilhelm. So what is the situation? Dantie says once he finds the old priest.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You walk casually through the streets of Juscrown, confident on your disguise. The posters are everywhere, clinging to the lamp posts and buildings like flies. The town cryer swings his bell.

"Tarith Spellbane enemy of the church!!! Killer of clergy men!!!! Robber of the Just!!!! Be wary of the assassin! He roams the streets and looks out for blood!"

The townsfolk walk around in abject fear. No one would want to be struck by Tarith's god-killing blades. Then you spot him.

High above the buildings. The angel flies around over the crowd. He's wearing a mithril breast plate and his eyes seem to glow. Below, a squad of militia and clerics- pelorite and cuthbertine walk the streets. The lead clerics on both sides have a similar glow to their eyes.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

@Dantie: The church is in an uproar. Rosalind greets you with a bow, but her face is stern.

"Welcome back, Dantie. We have a problem. Follow me"

Father Wilhelm greets you in the courtyard.

"A few days after you left, I asked one of Pelor's faithful, Lord Cassiel, an angel, to guard the duke. He positioned himself in the vault, as per the duke's request. Last night, your associate Tarith Spellbane was seen in the vault by Rosalind, just as he struck Lord Cassiel down with his daggers. Fortunately, Rosalind was able to save the angel, but Tarith escaped, amd with a large amount of stolen goods from the duke's palazzo. As we speak. The church of the Cudgel and us have decided to take to the streets looking for him. If Tarith does not come in willingly, I am afraid Lord Cassiel will brand him as evil. He has asked to be releived from his post and leads a group of our own and the Cuthbertines through the streets of Justcrown. Dantie, I know he is your friend, but please! Contact him somehow and have him be brought to trial here, before he is tried by the Celestial Forces. Cassiel has already deemed him as vile. I should not remind you of how angels deal with evil doers."

7. - Top - End - #187

GreenSorcererElf

When Tarith sees the horde of clerics looking for him, he swiftly changes course
    Time for a change of route.

Tarith heads into the alleys of Justcrown, attempting to reach Silas's place without being caught.

Spoiler
    Show

hide(1d20+23)[29]
    move silently(1d20+23)[42]
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2012-11-19 at 02:55 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: The angel turns his gaze left and right. Up and down, intent on finding you in the streets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+25)[30]

Listen: (1d20+25)[39]

"THERE HE IS! DISGUISED AS A NOBLE! AFTER HIM!"

The angel flies swiftly towards you. The clerics follow in toll, along with the militia.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-19 at 03:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Well, if that is how it is going to go, nice buff for the angel.
    (really, he already had a 50% chance of detecting me...)

Tarith starts running, deciding that getting lynched is not a good plan.

He casts expeditious retreat, and runs through the alleys, headed for Silas's place.

(240 feet per round movement, should be able to lose them in a couple of rounds)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander. You reach the church and are greeted by Rosalind. Inside you find Dantie in a serious conversation with Father Wilhelm. The High priest greets both of you.

"Silas, you may have seen the posters around. I fear Tarith Spellbane has been branded an enemy of the city and the church. As we speak, one of Heaven's emissaries has been sent to find him, along with church mebers from St. Cuthbert and our flock. If he is brought to trial, I will need you to use a scroll to suppress any magic Tarith may have on him, as he has proven, according to the angel and Rosalind, to be quite adept at using illusions. I do hope he gives in on his own accord. If not, I fear the Cuthbertines may call on their own heavenly messengers to patrol the entire city."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You cast the spell and run as fast as you can, dodging angered citizens and flying fruits and vegetables thrown your way. The angel is hot on your tracks, but you manage to avoid him, for now.

You reach Silas', but the place is locked. He is not home.

12. - Top - End - #192

GreenSorcererElf

Time to get inside. Fast.

Tarith uses his ring, and walks through the wall.

Spoiler
    Show

search(1d20+22)[30]
    phaseing(1d100)[18]
    phaseing(1d100)[7]
    phaseing(1d100)[92]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

I will go out among the others to look for him. I still believe though that he would not have made it here in a decent time. What time did this happen? And can you fill me in on the details so that when the questing begins I will know the facts please. Dantie says looking at Xander Shall we go catch him? Dantie says walking out of the church and heading straight for a jewelery shop.

14. - Top - End - #194

RedWizardGuy

Xander raises a eyebrow at the High Priest's comments.

A man hunt may be premature, I have contacted Tarith, and he assures me it is the nymph, Nerine, the woman that had been staying under false pretenses at the Dukes place during the autumn festival, and escaped when her treachery was discovered. She apparently has returned to Justcrown and is attempting to damage Tarith's reputation, would you like us to attempt to contact Tarith further, in hopes we can resolve this situation quickly, and peacefully?

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You activate your ring and move inside, getting a tad hurt in the process. The place is dark, but enough light from outside shows the training room used by Silas' students. You hear the wings flapping above the building.

"ESTABLISH A PERIMETER ALL OVER THESE BLOCKS! TARITH SPELLBANE MUST BE CAUGHT. INFORM ME IMMEDIATELY IF YOU SEE HIM!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+21)[32]

16. - Top - End - #196

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

move silently(1d20+23)[38]
    hide(1d20+23)[42]
    spot(1d20+17)[28]
    listen(1d20+17)[33]
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander & Tarith: "Rosalind saw Tarith retreiving his daggers from Lord Cassiel. Later, the angel revealed that when fighting Tarith, his powers were..stolen from him. I do not know this Nerine, but I have heard from the Duke, before the Autumn Ball, that he wished to hire Tarith because of this unusual trademark. If you can convince Tarith to come here in open daylight, and not under a guise of sorts, he will receive a proper hearing. I would allow haste in this matter, as Lord Cassiel has already passed judgement upon him."

18. - Top - End - #198

RedWizardGuy

Silas, this seems a excellent time for a second casting, I do hope his reply carries good news with it. Please relay this message to Tarith.
    At Pelorite church, situation appears out of hand, will escalate, requested to openly appear for trial at church. Reports of abilities stolen, Nerine's involvement skeptical.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-19 at 03:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: You walk as quietly as possible throughout the school. Might as well take some more items while you're at it. Then, you get this message from Silas.

At Pelorite church, situation appears out of hand, will escalate, requested to openly appear for trial at church. Reports of abilities stolen, Nerine's involvement skeptical.

20. - Top - End - #200

GreenSorcererElf

Lovely. Angel seems intent on killing me. Currently at School. do you mind if I borrow a Scroll of teleport or hat of disguise?
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: "He's in the school. He's asking for a way to teleport- hopefully here. He also mentioned the angel is pretty much- and you'll excuse this Wilhelm- hell bent on killing him. I only have one more sending prepared."
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2012-11-19 at 03:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show

Either way, this should work

After Receiving Silas's message, and replying, Tarith searches the school, looking for a way out, and a hat of disguise. He also finds a good hiding spot for the bag of holding, so he can demonstrate that he does not have a way to carry things away.

Search: 42
    Hide(for the bag)43
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #203

RedWizardGuy

A teleport would allow him to quickly arrive here, with out risk of further incidents. Do you believe Tarith will have troubles finding any such scroll in your shop? If you believe he can locate one on his own, then I would recommend saving the spell for now, in case we need to contact him further.
    Last edited by NathanB1486; 2012-11-19 at 04:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

@Xander: "Tarith walked into a place full of guards, entered the duke´s vault and battled an angel. And got away. My dear friend, I didn't even bother concealing the scroll in another plane. He'll find it"

@Tarith: You focus on the Temple District and wish to be there. Reading and deciphering the scroll takes little of your time and, in a flash, you are there.

25. - Top - End - #205

GreenSorcererElf

Tarith, sans bag, calmly walks towards Pelor's church, casting glibness as he nears the entrance, before proceeding inside, hoping to find Xander and Silas.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

26. - Top - End - #206

RedWizardGuy

Yes, I suppose you are correct, if he is capable of that, then finding a scroll laying in your shop should be no trouble for him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Has Dantie left the church yet? If not now could be as good a time as any to have Silas deliver the letter.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: You are all gathered inside discussing the events that transpired the night prior, when, out of the blue, Tarith Spellbane walks casually into the church. Rosalind is ready to charge in, but Wilhelm, places his hand on her shoulder.

"He wouldn't be here alone like this without truly wanting to give himself in, child. Learn restraint."

@Tarith: "Welcome, Tarith Spellbane. I trust you know why you are here?"

@Dantie: As the high priest addresses Tarith, Silas moves close to you and whispers.

Almost forgot. A letter for you. Maybe you can read it later?

28. - Top - End - #208

GreenSorcererElf

"Rosalind, it looks like you have changed since I was here last. What happened to you after the ball? As far as why I am here, there are two reasons. First, Dantie asked me to deliver a message, but since he is here, that is no longer relevant. The second reason is to figure out why I am accused of robbery, and assaulting the church of pelor, when I was no where near the church. Also, that angel seems rather intent on killing me. At a guess, I would say they are connected. Could you tell me what I stand accused of, and under what circumstances?"

Tarith is calm, and unhurried, his voice echoing curiosity, and concern, nothing more.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

@Tarith: Rosalind composes herself and takes a few steps forward towards you.

"You would imply that Lord Cassiel is a demon? I was in that room, Spellbane. When I saw you laying next to Lord Cassiel - whom Father Wilhelm called forth with your daggers covered in his blood. I am certain you would deny this, but I believe Father Wilhelm will have the final say."

Wilhelm ponders on the situation.

"This matter needs to be resolved swiftly. Tarith, would you be willing to go through a questioning? We need to get to the bottom of this matter. I have spoken to the Cuthbertines, who are..appalled at this, and have offered to use their grounds for trial. If you have nothing to fear, then stay in the church until I send for Lord Cassiel. Then, we will all go to the Cuthbertine Room of Law."

30. - Top - End - #210

GreenSorcererElf

"Rosalind, this Lord Cassiel is that angel that tried to kill me, right? Are you sure you saw me? And I will go through a questioning, so long as the questions are relevant to the situation at hand. I have a wedding to go to later."

(as a side note, Tarith has carefully removed all of the blood from his weapons and armor)
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss