New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVII: You Must Construct Additional Pinkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    ... ... ... ...

Hang on.

Diego, did you just say...

If anypony is able to get any idea of what I mean here, I will be very surprised.

Oh, lemons. Lemons and eggs.
    ....Are you referring to the Ren and Stimpy quote?
    If not, I'm stumped.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-11-30 at 02:10 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

UK pony comic availability: it apparently arrived in the Forbidden Planet in Cambridge a couple of days ago (28th), but it's sold out until Wednesday. It's available for order on their site but I'm not sure how many they have.

By the way Anarion...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is ?
    Last edited by Bryn; 2012-11-30 at 02:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    If not, I'm stumped.
    Probably not. I've never watched Ren and Stimpy, and a quick google doesn't turn up anything particularly relevant. It's possible that the thing I'm referring to may have included a reference to whatever you're thinking of...
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    new clip:
    Spoiler
    Show

Let's see, computer style icon and trash bin. Physically removing Pinkie's mouth (Bridle Gossip reference?). Uprooting the library. That's some powerful magic. And, not to establish more story continuity for the season (because I'm kind of on the fence about that), but that amulet seems like something that needs to be contained.

Also, anyone think that Trixie will never learn her lesson and be the rival to Twilight that shows up on occasion?

Oh, and if I haven't said it recently, this website is more unstable than /insert something extremely unstable here
    About as stable as a pigpen, I'd say. (I'll just flee before y'all start hurling tomatoes, shall I?)

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Shush you.

Keeping this pony, here's a RariBow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Epic Wife Tossing, you've met your match!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Do I hear sound of yet another wave of fanons crying out in terror and being suddenly silenced [Celestia, Seaponies]?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I would like to see it playing as if one or both sides weren't handed idiot ball, but with 22 minute episodes...

That's generally my problem with S3 - it would be nice if every episode in it was 2 parter to give writers time to do them right, but as it is, I'm afraid all of them will be rushed.

Eh, the clip was kinda amusing, especially Pinkie scene, but not showing much promise for it to be great episode. Still, wait and see, I could end up nicely disappointed my expectations weren't right

One thing I find ironic is, had it been Twilight casting these spells, the discussion would be full of people declaring these to be 12th level spells (with Flash/Vector Edit being EPIC MAGIC!!1!11!1) and Twilight being 43rd level Wizard/Archmage, but as you can't MS main character with this, only antagonist, no one cares

Though, people already try to say spell Twilight could barely cast on tiny objects with a lot of effort and long casting time would perfectly work on other spellcasting ponies, no saves allowed :P

Spoiler
    Show
    You don't see quite big difference - who started it?

Had Babs episode went like this: Babs comes to town, willingly goes to CMC, only to get laughed at becuse she is blank flank, Babs then challenging CMC at what they do best and besting them at their own game to prove her worth, only to have CMC trash her room at night in secret, plus all her belongings, and kick her out of town... Yes, I completely can't see Babs being the one pitied in this case

Spoiler
    Show
    Gee, remind me, who brought that bear into town and destroyed her wagon? Was that Trixie, or the locals? Yeah, I fail to see how anyone who lost livelihood due to stupidity of the local village could blame it for anything.

As for the mocking, hmm, who started booing plus willingly went on scene to show off after being asked to shut up during performance, because my memory must be faulty as it wasn't Trixie? Yes, artist paying people trying to troll her show in kind is the one at fault, am I right?
    I'm amazed; Trixie and I are actually agreeing on something. Let the celebration commence! Kazoos for everypony!
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Epic Wife Tossing, you've met your match!
    Future Surrogate-Sister-in-Law Archery; the next sport to be included in the relative launcing olympics.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Magic Duel
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it bad I was laughing during that clip?
    The Great and Powerful lunatic is really blaming Twilight for everything? I mean, c'mon, all she did was save everyone from a rampaging baby bear that was bigger than a house. Nothing showed her spreading rumors about Trixie, nothing showed even really thinking about it during the entirety of the second season.
    If anything, the rest of Ponyville might have spread things, as you can see some residents all over the place, or other Bon's too. Not sure!

I dunno, I just can't feel that sorry for her. She spread her fame as having defeated an Ursa Major, it was revealed that she couldn't even handle a baby, and people were already sore at her for the fact her entire show is "anything you can do, I can do better" and fireworks.

She got mocked and pony's put graffiti on her wagon, but I think she already started the damage there when she went town to town mocking and humiliating everyone else.

It's like she's just throwing some giant tantrum over the fact that one little pony showed her up.

And as for the comparisons of Trixie and Babs Seed, lets make this one simple. Grown mare who should know better, little filly who isn't anywhere near being fully grown as of yet.

Apples to Oranges folks, Apples to Oranges.
    "So, let me get this straight. Your brother lost his company, and he's blaming me, for beating him in a card game."

"That is correct"

"You're some kind of moron, you know that kid."

Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, we still don't even know Trixie's "profession" that well. She could have been shamed in her profession, ruining her career. I'm with you on Babs Seed though. She's still a kid.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    No sir, I didn't like it.

Somebody, somepony, whoever, please tell me I'm not the only one who actually felt sick at that spell she cast on Pinkie? I know it's supposed to be played for laughs but it actually makes me feel nauseous. It's worse than Discord. Look at her crying as she tries to eat. Couple that with Snips & Snails...

I gotta be honest with you guys... I'm not sure I want to watch this episode if there's going to be more like this.
    Tomorrow's Episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know that feeling, it can easily approach nightmare fuel levels. This sort of messing with a pony's body kinda make me cringe as well, but it's something the show has always been taking very lightly. They regularly mess with ponies in this way and don't seem to worry one bit about it.

I remind myself that Twilight can probably return them to normal with a flick of her horn, or that all magical transmutations are inherently temporary, but still, I agree that in a perfect world they wouldn't treat this sort of thing so casually.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    By the way Anarion...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is ?
    That's the wrong Cambridge. Sorry if you were hoping to track me down. I'm at Harvard in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Tomorrow's Episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know that feeling, it can easily approach nightmare fuel levels. This sort of messing with a pony's body kinda make me cringe as well, but it's something the show has always been taking very lightly. They regularly mess with ponies in this way and don't seem to worry one bit about it.

I remind myself that Twilight can probably return them to normal with a flick of her horn, or that all magical transmutations are inherently temporary, but still, I agree that in a perfect world they wouldn't treat this sort of thing so casually.
    tomorrow's episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the fact that the show takes it lightly is a sign that there's not as much need to worry. Pinkie has been melodramatic before, I suspect that even though she was obviously upset, it's more of a "why can't I have cake right now?!" problem than some kind of permanent and shocking horror.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm amazed; Trixie and I are actually agreeing on something. Let the celebration commence! Kazoos for everypony!
    But I wanted a FLUGELHORN!
    you know very well you were just asking for that to be posted in response
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-11-30 at 03:26 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    tomorrow's episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the fact that the show takes it lightly is a sign that there's not as much need to worry. Pinkie has been melodramatic before, I suspect that even though she was obviously upset, it's more of a "why can't I have cake right now?!" problem than some kind of permanent and shocking horror.
    Trixie
    Spoiler
    Show
    The thing that makes it so upsetting is not what Trixie does, but that apparently the ponies have no way of resisting her. If we saw Pinkie dodging wildly until she was randomly hit, that would make it a lot easier to swallow. The impression here is that Trixie can do whatever she likes with them and they can't do a damn thing about it.

I suspect some people find this very upsetting because of associations with something very, very serious and in the show it is treated so casually.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    But I wanted a FLUGELHORN!
    you know very well you were just asking for that to be posted in response
    Ask, and ye shall receive.
    Disclaimer; Real Flugelhorn looks nothing like a Crystal Flugelhorn.
    Though apparently the Double-Belled Flugelhorn is much closer.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

...And that's what happens if you think about it.

In response to Diego
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're doing a good job establishing Trixie as a real threat. I'd guess there are two reasons for this. One, we're supposed to feel upset just as you do so that we respect Trixie as an antagonist. Second, I'm betting they're setting Trixie up to get her butt severely whupped by Twilight in the climax. Therefore extreme stuff has to happen to justify the lengths that Twilight might end up going to during said butt whupping.

Also, this is still My Little Pony, and we're saved by the fact that every episode, even a brony-directed one, needs to appeal to little girls too. I can confidently say that everypony will be okay in the end.
    E5
    Spoiler
    Show
    I get that. I understand that it's to show Trixie as The Big Bad™ of the episode, but it doesn't stop me being kinda creeped out by it.

I know I'm over thinking it. It's not going to be permanent. It's like the poison joke: Annoying and/or upsetting for the pony affected but ultimately harmless. I'm repeating to myself "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Then that treacherous part of my brain thinks: but what if it was permanent? What if Twilight can't fix it? Pinkie has no mouth and she must scream.

Arg, I hate feeling like that. It's a cartoon, dammit! And I'm not the one who over-analyses these things usually. I'm content to just watch and laugh and squee at cute ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    ... ... ... ...

Hang on.

Diego, did you just say...

If anypony is able to get any idea of what I mean here, I will be very surprised.

Oh, lemons. Lemons and eggs.

Edit: You know, I'm not actually sure whether to hope that I'm right or not. Because if I am... that changes very nearly everything. Probably not in a good way, but very likely in a way that will make it slightly more palatable.

Que?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    If not, I'm stumped.
    Ren and Stimpy? Was that the "no sir" bit? I couldn't remember where I'd gotten that from.

Tomorrow's Episode
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm not going to let it ruin the episode for me though. Just gotta look at the funny side, I guess. I do hope Trixie gets some comeuppance for this though. Sorry, but I really think she deserves it this time. ^^:

Preview edit: I agree with you that it's not so much what she does as the fact that she does it when they can't resist. I find myself putting myself in those pony's shoes. If I had some magician suddenly magic off my mouth I'd be both terrified and infuriated. Again, I figure that's the point: to show that she's the Bad Guy™ this episode. To make the view want her to be defeated.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Turns out, Jazz Flugelhorn is a really great sound.

Just need to talk some musically minded and/or PMV type bronies into sorting out a pinkie-plays-the-flugelhorn thing now. It'd be great.
    Pinkie playing the Flugelhorn, all smooth and mellow, Octavia strumming the bass, Spike and/or Scootaloo on piano, who gets the drums though, I wonder? Hmmm.

Edit - Relevant Pony Picture Pilfered from the Web;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-11-30 at 04:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Ren and Stimpy? Was that the "no sir" bit? I couldn't remember where I'd gotten that from.
    Eeyup.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

15. - Top - End - #765
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Though apparently the Double-Belled Flugelhorn is much closer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excuse me, I'll just go over here to the peaceful corner so my mind can blow without disturbing anyone.

My evaluation of band ponies:

Octavia has the bass, of course.
    Pinkie on Flugelhorn.
    Dash on Drums. Who else is awesome enough?
    Spike on piano, as you say.
    I could see Applejack on a sax.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

16. - Top - End - #766
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    And finally, the most important question that has arisen:

Which pony is most likely to discover fabulous secret powers the day they hold aloft their magic [item]?

Does Cadance count? Because such powers being revealed to Shining "the day I held aloft my magic wife" is just asking for fanfiction.
    "Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic horn and said, 'Maybe I'm not meant to be a fashionista after all.'"

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you wonder if Snips and Snails remind you of Bulk and Skull, except people will prefer Bulk and Skull?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Well, looks like I'm still waiting another two and a half weeks. :/ Where did you order the comic from, if you don't mind me asking?
    Part of my standing order at Forbidden Planet - though it's been officially part of my orders for a month or two, since I put it on as soon as it showed up on the website - before it got delayed, I think - (I think it should be up to issue 3 or something), because of the delay, so I'm assuming they're sending it out special-like because it's "late."

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    "Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic horn and said, 'Maybe I'm not meant to be a fashionista after all.'"
    That's not much of a shouty battle-cry is it?

C'mon ponythread, we can do better!

Also why in the hey is this the only pony She-Ra image (and of Adora at that) I could find?!

Spoiler
    Show

Where's all this dang R-whatever-number-it-is-P then? Surely some of you ponythread artists could take a crack at this sadly lacking issue... I mean, the silly parody opportunties alone...!

Also, in other news, convention again tomorrow, so possible more Humorous Pictures. Maybe.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-30 at 05:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dash Scootaloo on Drums. Who else is awesome enough?
    didnt pay much attention at end of One Bad Apple did you?
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm? In the spoiler clips we've seen, Trixie's cast (remembering as always that I work in Pathfinder for these little exercises, telekinesis to lift and shake the library, minor creation and quickened crafter's fortune to put Rarity in that dress, reach bestow curse to stick Snips and Snails together, another to remove Pinkie's mouth, and reach excruciating deformation to screw with Rainbow Dash's wings. That's three, possibly four, level 5 spells, one, possibly zero, level 4 spells, and one level 1 spell. And that's just in the clips. We've seen none of her spellwork during or after the duel, which is bound to be at least somewhat more impressive. Til this season, Twilight had only cast level 6 spells, and has yet to cast any spells above level 7 even in this season.

At the time of Boast Busters, I'd call bookish Twilight a level 9 wizard and showpony Trixie a level 4 sorceress. Just from what we've seen so far, including the spoiler clips and the intervening episodes, I'd call Twilight a level 13 wizard and Trixie a level 11 sorceress.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Um, that was precisely my point - no matter what spell protagonists will use, someone will argue it was 9th level spell or Epic magic, same with ability check - anything reducing required score will be ignored to provide most impressive numbers

That being said, sorry, neither of the spells you mentioned will cut it in this case, due to size of library, complexity of dress, and body changes. I'd accept it if you needed only small rule bending, but... By pure D&D, Telekinesis at 15th spellcaster level moves less than 180 kg, meaning it was at least Telekinetic Sphere, you'd need at least 2x Polymorph Any Object for RD/Pinkie, and that if we don't treat Pinkie scene as rewriting reality with Wish replicating it

Even at the BB episode, IIRC, Trixie used multiple Major Images and Lightning Bolt, which would put her at at least 6-7th level.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    Bah, she's had time to improve. Basically I just want to see a pony turned into an orange, because it would either be hilarious or horrifying.
    Eh, fair enough

Actually, I don't see that difference as relevant at all. This is picking up straight from the conversation a few pages back about the golden rule. You can only control your own actions, so the fact that somepony else treats you badly doesn't provide a reason to treat them badly.

Clip spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    I find it weird that someponies feel bad for Trixie and not for Babs because they both are doing bad things. If you buy the golden rule thing, you shoudn't feel sympathy for either. And if you do feel sympathy for Trixie because a lot of bad stuff happened to her, you should feel sympathy for Babs too because of how she was bullied herself and was reacting to that.

Who started it doesn't matter, the fact that somepony else started it against Trixie doesn't justify her doing a bunch of terrible things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't buy Golden Rule. You know why? Because it's too simplistic and easy to abuse. Does masochist have licence to punch everyone in the face? I don't think so.

That said, CMC gave Babs positive attention, friendship, tried to do everything for her and were bullied in return. Negative for positive. What Trixie did? Only what Mane 3 felt perfectly appropriate to give to pony they didn't liked, ridicule - only double dose. By your standard, she was perfectly within Golden Rule, only giving back what they felt they can give to someone who was trying to work. Case of the masochist above, no one forced AJ and RD to start anything, they did it willingly.

I might accept alternative explanation if you'll say what exactly was she supposed to do instead - go somewhere else with empty purse letting real bullies win? Call non-existent law enforcement? Simply tolerate destructive behaviour negating any entertainment value show might had?

I am sorry, Trixie is CMC of that episode, not Babs, please show me anyone who didn't feel sorry for them, same case.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Upcoming Trixie Episode Troubles--
    Spoiler
    Show
    It should be pointed out that had Snips & Snails not employed their moronic idea of bringing an Ursa Minor into town, Trixie would have probably moved on with her show and status quo would continue. The jeers seem to be standard expectancy given how readily Trixie defended herself against them. But to have an actual city-level disaster show up?

So I think prime blame for the root cause of Trixie's troubles are the "Atlas & P-Body" of ponyville.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, both episodes could have been avoided if anyone told RD, AJ and Rarity to simply shut up and go elsewhere if they didn't liked the show...

Also, now that I think about it, spells Trixie uses in this clip are once again turning the pony talent against him/her, but this time turned to eleven. Rarity slowly makes dresses with magic? Trixie created one instantly, perfectly tailored to Rarity's dislikes (and it looked better than most of Rarity creations, to boot...). RD is proud flier? Trixie made her wings (halfway) bigger and stronger. Pinkie breaks 4th wall? Trixie banished it to the moon. I wonder, is it her magic doing it for her, or Trixie is far smarter in spell choice than virtually everyone but Sombra so far?

Spoiler
    Show

Somebody, somepony, whoever, please tell me I'm not the only one who actually felt sick at that spell she cast on Pinkie? I know it's supposed to be played for laughs but it actually makes me feel nauseous. It's worse than Discord. Look at her crying as she tries to eat. Couple that with Snips & Snails...

I gotta be honest with you guys... I'm not sure I want to watch this episode if there's going to be more like this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *shrug* This is one reason why I decided to not have big expectations for this one - because it has huge potential of being not awesome/over the top, but just awful.

That being said, if you stop to think about horrifying consequences, Twilight did 3 much worse things in Pinkie episode. And, to make it even more bad, she did it to neutral or even friendly parties, not someone actively hostile. So, either Twilight is even worse, or we ignore horrors of both episodes.

But frankly, when Twilight shows any kind of respect for anyone? Moustache spell - played for laughs, but it too is unpleasant body modification. Casually turning animals into fruits, using mind control, we saw this all before, Trixie is nothing new here.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

21. - Top - End - #771
    Spamalot in the Playground

Was this comic posted yet? I honestly don't remember.
    Twilight morphing Apples to Oranges ad back--
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Trixie Episode Shout Out?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was reminded of Twilight Zone: The Movie with that bit.
    ...Um, definitely not a movie you'd like then.

Trixie
    Spoiler
    Show
    The thing that makes it so upsetting is not what Trixie does, but that apparently the ponies have no way of resisting her. If we saw Pinkie dodging wildly until she was randomly hit, that would make it a lot easier to swallow. The impression here is that Trixie can do whatever she likes with them and they can't do a damn thing about it.

I suspect some people find this very upsetting because of associations with something very, very serious and in the show it is treated so casually.
    Trixie Level Violence
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well then I hope these people don't watch some of those really old 40s and 50s cartoons. What Trixie does is tame compared the violence of the old days of cartooning.
    I think it'll all be okay though. As stated earlier, the creators do cater to little kids too so it can't get too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Do you wonder if Snips and Snails remind you of Bulk and Skull, except people will prefer Bulk and Skull?
    Well I think that comparison just insulted Bulk and Skull
    But... yes. >_>

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, both episodes could have been avoided if anyone told RD, AJ and Rarity to simply shut up and go elsewhere if they didn't liked the show...

Also, now that I think about it, spells Trixie uses in this clip are once again turning the pony talent against him/her, but this time turned to eleven. Rarity slowly makes dresses with magic? Trixie created one instantly, perfectly tailored to Rarity's dislikes (and it looked better than most of Rarity creations, to boot...). RD is proud flier? Trixie made her wings (halfway) bigger and stronger. Pinkie breaks 4th wall? Trixie banished it to the moon. I wonder, is it her magic doing it for her, or Trixie is far smarter in spell choice than virtually everyone but Sombra so far?
    Trixie Fridge Brilliance
    Spoiler
    Show
    So is Trixie like Guile from Street Fighter, the counterattack master?
    That is a really awesome talent and I hope Twi brings Trixie over to her side. Its like having the Green Ranger on your side!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post

Edit - Relevant Pony Picture Pilfered from the Web;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fluttershy on vocals, I'm ok with this. Is this a reference to anything specific?

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I dunno, Bulk and Skull were bullies, while Snips and Snails are just dullards really. I can see similarities in appearance, with the short fat one an tall skinny one.

Spoiler
    Show
    *shrug* This is one reason why I decided to not have big expectations for this one - because it has huge potential of being not awesome/over the top, but just awful.

That being said, if you stop to think about horrifying consequences, Twilight did 3 much worse things in Pinkie episode. And, to make it even more bad, she did it to neutral or even friendly parties, not someone actively hostile. So, either Twilight is even worse, or we ignore horrors of both episodes.

But frankly, when Twilight shows any kind of respect for anyone? Moustache spell - played for laughs, but it too is unpleasant body modification. Casually turning animals into fruits, using mind control, we saw this all before, Trixie is nothing new here.
    E5
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought about some of that stuff too actually. As an example, in Boast Busters, Twilight casts a zipper over Spike's mouth. Yeah, he could just unzip it to cancel the spell, so that was fine. But what if she'd also magic'd a padlock on, or just vanished his mouth altogether? Then there's Want it Need it, and allsorts.

But she never really did it to punish anyone, or deliberately make them miserable. It was mostly just a temporary measure or just bad judgement (or bad aim). I won't comment on the Pinkie clone thing because I SO don't want to start another conversation on that.

So here's a spoiler fanart thing:
    Spoiler
    Show

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Trixie Episode Shout Out?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was reminded of Twilight Zone: The Movie with that bit.
    ...Um, definitely not a movie you'd like then.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah. I think I watched an episode of that once. Do not want.
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-11-30 at 06:27 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno, Bulk and Skull were bullies who had a character arc and ended up as genuine heroes, while Snips and Snails are just dullards really.[/SPOILER]
    Fixed that for you.

Power Rangers in Space was, I think, the point the show hit it's very best high point, and Bulk and Skull's crowning moment of heroism, showing how far they'd come from their first season bully incarnations, was glorious.

Hell, they arguably had a better character arc than any of the Rangers have ever had, as none of the rangers lasted that long! (I was delighted to see that they'd brought back Bulk, even as comic relief as an inept samurai who appeared to have little if anything to do with the main plot in PR Samurai. It was a grand return to form with Saban taking over again...)

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Power Rangers in Space was, I think, the point the show hit it's very best high point, and Bulk and Skull's crowning moment of heroism, showing how far they'd come from their first season bully incarnations, was glorious.

Hell, they arguably had a better character arc than any of the Rangers have ever had, as none of the rangers lasted that long! (I was delighted to see that they'd brought back Bulk, even as comic relief as an inept samurai who appeared to have little if anything to do with the main plot in PR Samurai. It was a grand return to form with Saban taking over again...)
    Ah, really? I did not know that. I only ever watched the first series and the movie.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, really? I did not know that. I only ever watched the first series and the movie.
    Oh hell, yeah. Seriously! They started mellowing a bit and growing up (well, in intentions if not competance - they were still the comic relief) towards the end of MMPR, a trait that continued throughout the series; they ended up trying to become policemen at one point; their intentions had definatley moved towards the good-guy side.

Until Power Rangers in Space, where in a moment that actually wasn't comic relief at all, they pulled a "I am Sparacus!" and later, when the fight started, they actually lead the civilian's charge against the mooks while the Rangers were fighting other things. Crowning moment of awesome indeed.

It's quite an impressive character arc, especially for a fairly episodic children's show, and even more so for the comic relief characters.

(I can recommend Linkara's History of the Power Rangers videoes as well worth watching, as he covers Bulk and Skull in detail.)

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Fluttershy on vocals, I'm ok with this. Is this a reference to anything specific?
    No idea as far as the image itself goes, and not really in regards to my posting of it except that I'd spent the last half hour watching jazz flugelhorn vids on youtube. It's a nice pic though.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Tomorrow Ep:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, after looking at clip, can't shake the feeling both sides appear to be acting out of character. Mane 6 basically all shout at/insult Trixie while she didn't gave them any reason to do so yet - even Twilight and Pinkie, who ended BB Episode neutral to her. Friendship, anyone?

But then again, there is Trixie hissing 'I want REVENGE!' (with red eyes flash, to boot) in manner that would fit Sombra, not typical MLP antagonist. If that's not Evil Amulet or some sort of influence, well... Either way, we're facing something that can rapidly turn into worn cliché. Sigh...

Eh, as I said, either this Ep will be badassly over the top, or will suck through all the plot holes.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Tomorrow Ep:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know, after looking at clip, can't shake the feeling both sides appear to be acting out of character. Mane 6 basically all shout at/insult Trixie while she didn't gave them any reason to do so yet - even Twilight and Pinkie, who ended BB Episode neutral to her. Friendship, anyone?

But then again, there is Trixie hissing 'I want REVENGE!' (with red eyes flash, to boot) in manner that would fit Sombra, not typical MLP antagonist. If that's not Evil Amulet or some sort of influence, well... Either way, we're facing something that can rapidly turn into worn cliché. Sigh...

Eh, as I said, either this Ep will be badassly over the top, or will suck through all the plot holes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arab Ponies! Huzzah! I wonder if there will be Emir and Sultans. How about Persians, I mean we have Opal the Persian Cat?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Tomorrow Ep:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Umm... Are watching the same clip? Trixie showed up and started
    tormenting ponies before Twilight showed up. She is also acting in her usual
    egocentric way by focussing her misfortunes on a single individual, Twilight.

The way I see it, from all indications given, Trixie is pompous and has ego the size of an Ursa Major.
    Even if in Boast Busters you can claim that much of her personality is a front for her show (I've heard it nopony wants to see the Alright and Fairly impressive Trixie) but the fact is that at no point did Twilight attempt to show her up. When the Ursa Minor arrived, Twilight dealt with it to save the town, and attributed no blame onto Trixie but on the real perpetrators Snips and Snails. However Trixie instead responds in her usual third-person as if Twilight
    tried to show her up and vows revenge against her.

Now she shows up and starts tormenting ponies to force Twilight to face her in a duel. Everypony is hostile to her because she is tormenting their friends with dark magic.

As far as the artifact goes. Maybe there is some possession involved. I personally feel it may be amplifying an already existing desire for revenge, which will eventually get out of control. But at this point it could as easily be that Trixie is a jerk who found just what she needs to satisfy her ego.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers