New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 35: Winter is Coming

Please don't tell me you're "NPC Waiter Assassin" in Dancing Fox Inn is going to be killing someone, M. I like to RP in DFI because it's supposed to be combat free.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

The Temples of Dalachrech have armouries for the clergy. Most often, the weaponry inside is magical, and sometimes quite powerful. Including a sickle that enhances its wielder's speed whenever it tastes blood, a club that swings slower than it should but hits with far more force (easy to dodge, hard to block), and sentient mace with the ability to communicate empathically.

However, they are likely to utilise torture if the thief is caught as they're paranoid and will want to be sure that they really were working on their own.

In other news, there's been three powercuts since about 10:00pm and it's not yet 11:00 pm, so I may suddenly and unexpectedly vanish like an electricity-deprived ninja.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Please don't tell me you're "NPC Waiter Assassin" in Dancing Fox Inn is going to be killing someone, M. I like to RP in DFI because it's supposed to be combat free.
    Dude, you're not wrong, but this isn't the way to go about informing someone that the DFI is a combat-free zone. A better way is this;

Hey, Mahroni? I'm afraid the DFI is both a combat-free zone and doesn't have any NPC waiters, so, couldya please take your assassin elsewheres? I hear Trog's is lovely this time of year.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #64

But then I don't get to whine
    I get what you're saying. My apologies. I just got a little too testy a little too fast.
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    Hey do any of the groups, like WATCHTOWER / NO ? etc, have some good military or awesome weaponry that can be stolen? With my character's new backstory and reboot he needs to get stuff like those. Of course I'm up for a fight, just not gigantic fight, since he is stealing stuff. Just plain theft not infiltration though.
    If you don't mind breaking into a vampire lair/crazy magic-genmod creature den, the Nest has some good stuff in it.

6. - Top - End - #66

Hey do any of the groups, like WATCHTOWER / NO ? etc, have some good military or awesome weaponry that can be stolen? With my character's new backstory and reboot he needs to get stuff like those. Of course I'm up for a fight, just not gigantic fight, since he is stealing stuff. Just plain theft not infiltration though.
    MURDER has some weapons, but the thread's dead and he'd likely be caught anyway.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

And if you'd prefer something that won't guarantee your character's death, Cyrus' Ebon Citadel in outside has some decent stuff in the armory and relatively light defenses when Cyrus himself isn't around to horrifically murder anyone who annoys him.

Since the only access to a security system is in the Lord of the Keep's private room sealed against all other entry, it's perfectly plausible to get in Metal Gear Solid style.

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    If you don't mind breaking into a vampire lair/crazy magic-genmod creature den, the Nest has some good stuff in it.
    Not to mention the homicidal, scarred, psychopath, Jimmy Jillhorn. Or better known as the Bostan Basher.
    Who's also a vampire.
    I need to reboot him
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't upset the Epimeliads. Especially if you own an orchard.

BR: The courier with Jamie's invitation to Natalie's birthday party is waiting outside the Infirmary, knocking on the door.

Also, if anybody knows of another character that should be invited but hasn't yet been, please let me know.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

I'll get right on that then. My brain has been too pffft lately for regular GLoG-ing, hopefully this will fix that.

Also, I need to figure out just what to do with Becky...

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    @BR:

Doing something with Kara and Talnissa would be nice, yes.
    Alrighty then. Should I post in Home?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #71

Sorry for the delay C'nor. I won't be able to post until tomorrow. 6hours of class and 3 hours of tournament have left me bagged.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Alrighty then. Should I post in Home?
    Sure. I may not post much tonight (the Changeling game I mentioned yesterday has a deadline tomorrow morning, and I only got a question I needed to know the answer to before I began building my character answered just now), but that sounds delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Sorry for the delay C'nor. I won't be able to post until tomorrow. 6hours of class and 3 hours of tournament have left me bagged.
    It's fine. Go rest, I can wait.

13. - Top - End - #73

Aric, are you implying from your most recent post in AMEN that there's a virus left over from the explosion?
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

*poeks FF and BR and Inyu to Rebuild when y'alls has the time*
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    You better steal things from remnant honestly, though I guess DC and KR in Watch might have some special weaponry. I wouldn't recommend attempting to steal from them however.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Excelsior has some pretty advanced weaponry, but, they actually have something resembling security as well, so breaking in undetected is sorta impossible without a very good plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Temples of Dalachrech have armouries for the clergy. Most often, the weaponry inside is magical, and sometimes quite powerful. Including a sickle that enhances its wielder's speed whenever it tastes blood, a club that swings slower than it should but hits with far more force (easy to dodge, hard to block), and sentient mace with the ability to communicate empathically.

However, they are likely to utilise torture if the thief is caught as they're paranoid and will want to be sure that they really were working on their own.

In other news, there's been three powercuts since about 10:00pm and it's not yet 11:00 pm, so I may suddenly and unexpectedly vanish like an electricity-deprived ninja.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    MURDER has some weapons, but the thread's dead and he'd likely be caught anyway.
    I don't think my character will steal from the WATCHTOWER as my character's previous incarnation has been there before and that is likely to cause extra trouble. As for Murder if the thread is dead then no can do there.

So the possible choices are from Remnant, Excelsior and The Temples of Dalachrech. All of the places mentioned are heavily guarded, so heavily guarded that I wonder how thieves ever survived in the Nexus. Well even if torture or captivity is the risk of stealing I'll just man up my character since that's his role. Besides I think stealing the scythe thing from the temple is awesome since I've seen one in action already.

My guy will just have to go in Metal Gear Solid Style, making his way as he goes. Since I plan to hit the all the places mentioned above can I ask who is going to roleplay security for each area? I'll be hitting Remnant first, Temple second and Excelsior last.

On an unrelated note, *pokes FireFox to Outside in King's Blood Field.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-11-23 at 10:08 AM.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Well i tried to contact The operative for the Eon contract since the char appeared elsewhere, but you ignored me.

I only got an abondand looking factory with mayn explosives, but only a hand full of people know about it.^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

I got the permission to revive the Underside thread. I made a quick post there to set up the plot. Murkus, Orchestra and Lost, please post there for your NO members.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Remnant is being handled by me, Ghar, Morty, and Teru, but actually getting in, stealing stuff, and getting out successfully is highly unlikely to succeed. As in, no one has ever done it before ever. A better way to get Remnant gear is to ambush a Remnant soldier off base and steal their stuff.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why does it sound like when you guys say that it is highly unlikely to succeed it sounds like don't even try. Anyway I just thought about it and I came to a conclusion. Instead of instantly trying to rob areas that are guarded by mechanical panthers and the like, happyturtle's idea sounds good. I'll start small and rob gear off soldiers, peons and grunts before moving off to rob supply caravans then the organizations and places like Remnant, NO, WATCHTOWER, AMEN, HALO, Excelsior, Temples of Dalachrech etc. So the question remains, who's going/wants to roleplay getting robbed?
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

You can try if you like, but I thought you deserved the warning. If you were playing a first level DnD character, you wouldn't want to walk into a dungeon designed for fifteenth level characters. You'd at least want your DM to give you a warning first, and to let your PC come to his senses before he got himself killed.

A single guy vs an entire base full of highly armed people... whether that base is AMEN or Remnant, it's unlikely to go well.

On the other hand, it's your PC, and if you think he'd take that kind of risk, then no one will stop you, OOC. All we want to do is give you the odds.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Why does it sound like when you guys say that it is highly unlikely to succeed it sounds like don't even try. ...
    I would say it's more of a warning than an intentional deterrent. Just so you have all the information required as a player so you can decide whether you want to carry out that plan.

Ninja'd! And with more detail too. D=

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually my character would take the risks. And hey, since when has a so not enter encourage any adventurer/thief/etc. not to enter? The character will still go to the places I said to steal after testing the waters (stealing from the grunts of specified area). Still leaves the question who's going to or want to roleplay the one getting robbed?
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

23. - Top - End - #83

'fraid I can't help you there. The only Excelsior grunts outside the base are First, Alpha and One. I guess there's a few guards stationed out Hamlet as well, but Hamlet is waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Halfling in the Playground

Aric, are you implying from your most recent post in AMEN that there's a virus left over from the explosion?
    Yes, there is a virus. singingnoodle hasn't told me how it works though.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Halfling in the Playground

Yes, I don't know how it works yet. noodle hasn't told me
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

I won't say that your character won't be able to steal anything from whichever Temple he chooses, (though you'd need a valid reason to know where the Hermitage is; even stumbling upon it by accident won't help as it's accessible only through a secret tunnel) just that if he tries he'll have to deal with magical wards, hidden doorways and a structure riddled with magic that warps space to make it larger inside than out. Plus he'd be trespassing in a Temple to the Demon Lord of Invertebrates whose followers have had a murky relationship with the law in the past. But when they're certain he's not been sent by the government, a rival faith, HALO, or any other enemies they don't know about, they'll probably curse him with an inability of telling what he saw within the Temple (and possibly an inability to tell others he's been cursed) and hand him over to Remnant.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

TE I don't think Alpha, One and First are grunt level beings from my character's perspectives due to their experiences. Aside from that it sounds like to be able to steal stuff my character will need reasons to finds out the specific temples and where the hamlet in the middle of nowhere is.

Is there any chance of the triplets divulging info about the hamlet, even just by accident? As for the temple are there any wandering grunts that my character could beat info out of/ follow?
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

The Inside, Underside and Riverside Temples are all open to the public. If he walks past them, he'll see them. It's only the Hermitage that is hiding, largely because the person in charge is a xenophobic elf-supremacist that practices sapient sacrifice, slavery and some torture.

29. - Top - End - #89

Yeah, they've gotten way more powerful since striking off on their own. Adventuring tends to weed out the weak and all that. As for the chances of them divulging Hamlet's location.... Dunno. Maybe. They've got enough loyalty to their brothers that they wouldn't outright tell someone without a good reason to.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

So the temples open to the public also have stuff to steal inside. Is it possible to find out about the heritage area by going to the other temples? Lastly do i have the go to try and start to steal in one of the 3 said public temples?
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element