New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 35: Winter is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    @ C'nor: You have the right to liberate your character(s) from deadtime. Lady of War hasn't been online for a month.
    I know that, in general. It's just that I knew at the time she might be gone this long, and said I'd wait despite that, so it feels off somehow to bring them back...

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    I should really fix my character's character sheet. He has enhanced hearing but only part is from military training. Second is that he's still a demon though he doesn't know that. Well you want me to alter my post anyway? I'm cool with either way.

*Rotting Baron You forgot to post for my plot when you posted in Outside.
    I think the order is Me-TE-RB-FF, correct me if I'm wrong cause I thing there were a few shufflings in order when I looked at the posts.
    It would be nice, yes. Even with enhanced senses, that's still a rather quiet noise to hear from that far away.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-11-28 at 02:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Done I've edited my post C'nor. Just to note your message folder is full man.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    So, I was making an update to the GLoG OP when something popped out at me. Namely that we have a "Class" section under the members/residents list. This seems... like a relic that should have been abandoned a while ago for all the good it does. Most of the fields are empty, and those that aren't don't provide much in the way of value.

So would anybody be terribly opposed to me going in and removing it?

On that note, it could be replaced with a column with a more relevant title and information. Which would display the person's function within the camp if they have one, rather than a random piece of irrelevant information.
    Removing that field wouldn't hurt, yeah. Replacing it with a "Function" or "Role" field could be useful, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Noodle, I've got a few things to address about your Factory thread. The main thing I want to say is that Riverside isn't Inside. I don't want to try and restrict RP or anything, but Riverside is more structured than Inside is.

For one thing, it's a small city. Think about 50,000 to 70,000 or so population size. That's what it's been generally considered to be for a while now. Just something to keep in mind.

One thing I want to address is you saying the place was an old hospital. Well, there really aren't a bunch of abandoned hospitals around. There's one perfectly functional hospital, and one abandoned one controlled by SC. That's all.

It being an old weapons factory is maybe a bit odd, but that's within the realm of plausibility.

Another more major issue I want to mention is ht mine field around the place... I just don't see how that's going to do anything but cause problems.

Overall I want to remind you that just because it's in another thread, you can't do whatever you want without it concerning others if you want it to be located in riverside. I'll remind you that I control the Westside government (and Westside as a whole to an extent) which is why I'm expressing concern.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Most of your points I agree with, but you're seriously gonna say there can't be more than two hospitals in Riverside? Seems a bit silly.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well ThirdEmperor, consider that Riverside is well...Riverside. It has its own lore.
    S'not like Inside where hospitals literally can just pop into existence
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh. I agree with TE. So long as its not some random building made entirely of bombs or a fortress or something unreasonable like that, I don't see why there can't be another (albeit abandoned) hospital.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-11-28 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

So, I was making an update to the GLoG OP when something popped out at me. Namely that we have a "Class" section under the members/residents list. This seems... like a relic that should have been abandoned a while ago for all the good it does. Most of the fields are empty, and those that aren't don't provide much in the way of value.

So would anybody be terribly opposed to me going in and removing it?

On that note, it could be replaced with a column with a more relevant title and information. Which would display the person's function within the camp if they have one, rather than a random piece of irrelevant information.
    This sounds like a good plan to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Eh. I agree with TE. So long as its not some random building made entirely of bombs or a fortress or something unreasonable like that, I don't see why there can't be another (albeit abandoned) hospital.
    Maybe it's the old Bullet Bill factory....

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Most of your points I agree with, but you're seriously gonna say there can't be more than two hospitals in Riverside? Seems a bit silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Well, if the entire idea was based around it being an abandoned hospital, then sure, why not work it in. But for the sake of a hospital that became a factory that became whatever specific purpose it serves now.

I'd just rather preserve the structure of Riverside to a degree when there isn't a huge reason to fiddle with it. And yes, that means hospitals popping up here and there, because it is a bit absurd when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Well ThirdEmperor, consider that Riverside is well...Riverside. It has its own lore.
    This is kinda where I'm going here. Riverside is a lot more structured over a large area than the rest of the Nexus. It doesn't follow the standard rules of, say, Inside or Outside.

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    That's true and as this is on Westside turf, Ghar's got the final call here. But I don't see a reason why there couldn't just be an old abandoned hospital lying around. Seems kinda pointless and unfun to naysay it.

Ninja'ed.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-11-28 at 08:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Chinthe bite- stay away from temples.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    That's true and as this is on Westside turf, Ghar's got the final call here. But I don't see a reason why there couldn't just be an old abandoned hospital lying around. Seems kinda pointless and unfun to naysay it.

Ninja'ed.
    Just want to mention one thing based on this. I don't want to nay say the place entirely, because that would be unfun and unfair of me without a very good reason. I just want to add my input considering my position and vested interest in how things in Riverside work.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

So basically, PM Ghar with your idea first. It is his thread, basically. Given to him, by me.

It'd be like building a hospital in Neirian without my acknowledgement. The land of the Amazon Pixies are mine. I wouldn't be too happy if people started posting things there, that didn't fit with my idea of the place.

EDIT: I do like the idea of the Factory though. And the OP looks to be well written, in my humble opinion.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-11-28 at 10:36 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Er...wasn't...aware of that. Apolgies Gulaghar. I didn't mean to cause a problem...Shall I simply edit out the mine field? Or remove the factory alltogether...? Didn't realize it was restricted. I could move it all into Outside.

Ah, thanks for the insight Lex. By the way, poke to GLoG, I undeadtimed Marty and he's searching for Vidalia.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post

Er...wasn't...aware of that. Apolgies Gulaghar. I didn't mean to cause a problem...Shall I simply edit out the mine field? Or remove the factory alltogether...? Didn't realize it was restricted. I could move it all into Outside.

Ah, thanks for the insight Lex. By the way, poke to GLoG, I undeadtimed Marty and he's searching for Vidalia.
    It sounds like Ghar is maybe open to the factory. He just wants to talk by PM about it first. So don't shut it down.

Another idea though, is to make it somewhere outside of Riverside. The origins of Riverside is slightly industrial, and run by a mafia-style underground group. So an old abandoned factory, long forgotten, wouldn't be completely out of the question. Whether it's someplace in or outside of the city is the question.

As for Marty, he'll have to wait for Jamie to speak again. But if she's speechless for another week, give me a poke. I'm not currently following GLoG.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-11-29 at 12:27 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

16. - Top - End - #226

*Pokes singingnoodle to Riverside*

*Pokes Firefox and Bushranger to Nexus Scouts*

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Guess who just finished NaNoWriMo!!! Oh man, so so much writing over the last month. @.@ It does feel good to be done. And hey, I'll have time for more regular posting in the evenings again!

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post

It's no problem really, but here's what I suggest. The minefield is not a great idea because, well, minefield in a city. Perhaps some more subtle defenses? As for the hospital bit, it appeared to me that the more significant part was that it used to be a factory, yes? I think it would work better if the hospital part was altered.

But don't feel like you have to move it if you don't want to. If you want to avoid any restriction, maybe you could move it to Outside if you want, but don't feel like you have to.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

*pokes Rotting Baron/FireFox to Outside, whichever goes first.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

19. - Top - End - #229

I can't see much for my character to do in that encounter, she isn't all too powerful and can't exactly match up with guns.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well it is your turn what do you want your character to do? Maybe run and hide?
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

21. - Top - End - #231

Just go ahead and skip me, I guess.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

uh ok then, you really don't want to post anything? *pokes firefox to Outside.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

23. - Top - End - #233

*pokes Rotting Baron to Outside* Or should I skip you there as well?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

*pokes Lost Deep and Murkus to Underside*
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Halfling in the Playground

I was gonna wait for LostDeep there.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Guess who just finished NaNoWriMo!!! Oh man, so so much writing over the last month. @.@ It does feel good to be done. And hey, I'll have time for more regular posting in the evenings again!

It's no problem really, but here's what I suggest. The minefield is not a great idea because, well, minefield in a city. Perhaps some more subtle defenses? As for the hospital bit, it appeared to me that the more significant part was that it used to be a factory, yes? I think it would work better if the hospital part was altered.

But don't feel like you have to move it if you don't want to. If you want to avoid any restriction, maybe you could move it to Outside if you want, but don't feel like you have to.
    Will do today.

Okay, stuff altered.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-11-29 at 02:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

@Ghar: I'd forgotten that Natalie knew Becca. If you'd like, she could receive an invite to Natalie's party off-screen.

Which reminds me; I'll be starting the party today in Random Places & Plots. I'll edit a link into this post when I've put up the first post.

Edit: Here.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-11-29 at 04:19 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes Zefir to Inside*
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #239

*pokes rotting baron to outside*

30. - Top - End - #240