New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Meredit
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah 5: Now with Mall Santas!

Meredit calls kids cute even when they're not cute. So she calls the wolves "good puppies" and watches them play. And those kids over there singing are very cute! She claps her hands along with the tune because she does not know the words to this song.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay, what specific things don't you get, and I'll try to explain them. Mintbalm relents while the snow-person goes into a little more faithful rendition of "Let it Snow" for the audience.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

...um... well... uh.... I don't know.

That's not very helpful, Vriveka.

Nope, no idea. This situation weirds me out, but I don't know why or how. Maybe... I don't know, is it quiet to you? Or... I don't know!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Thanksmas Throne]

"It's very gallant." She comments, obviously a bit impressed even though Harnel Santa technically haven't made it. "Is it practical though? I had expected an armor to be more sturdy-looking."
    [Thanksmas Throne]

"It's enchanted to deflect physical blows, so you should have no trouble with it being practical. I imagine you can handle anything that isn't physical with eldritch or something else."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Thanksmas Throne]

"And how do you know all this?" Cessie asks with a smile as she puts a hand on his shoulder. This didn't count as intimate right?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-05 at 06:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    ...um... well... uh.... I don't know.

That's not very helpful, Vriveka.

Nope, no idea. This situation weirds me out, but I don't know why or how. Maybe... I don't know, is it quiet to you? Or... I don't know!
    Nah, it's pretty noisy with all the singing and people talking. Seriously, something's gotta be up that you can put a finger on. It's cold, people are happy, everyone's giving gifts freely, no one is trying to trick or harm anyone, and that's it. That's why everyone is celebrating, because it makes them happy and they don't have to worry about nastiness.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thanksmas Throne]

"Thanksmas Magic," Harnel says, waving arm mystically.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

...No one is trying to get anyone? Oh my word. There isn't any screaming. Nor is there any declarations of revenge or whatever, despite the fact that there isn't anything real big going on to distract everyone! How does that work? People are just standing around, singing, or having conversations, or handing out presents, or... does this kind of peace happen often in the nonfairy world, or is this some kind of neutral area?

Oh, my... Vriveka never looked into mortals past as potential mischief targets. She doesn't actually know how they live. Like how pranks are maybe a once-a-month-thing at most.

9. - Top - End - #129

[Thanksmas Throne]

The sorceress giggles and leans onto Harnel Santa a bit more. "Once you're done I can show you some more 'thankmas magic' back home." She whispers.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The wolf's tail swishes. She's not sure what's going on there, but she doesn't understand many things people do. But she can bring Mr. C there if he wants to meet Santa.
    *Bark*bark*

"Let's head for the throne guy."

Mr. C points at the thrown with his little cute paw and some people seeing it defnitly make a 'aw'.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meredit View Post
    Meredit calls kids cute even when they're not cute. So she calls the wolves "good puppies" and watches them play. And those kids over there singing are very cute! She claps her hands along with the tune because she does not know the words to this song.
    After some wresting, one of the cubs grabs the ball in his teeth, then both of them pad over to Meredit and sniff at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    *Bark*bark*

"Let's head for the throne guy."

Mr. C points at the thrown with his little cute paw and some people seeing it defnitly make a 'aw'.
    The wolf cub walks over to the Thanksmas throne and waits there.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Meredit
    Guest in the Playground

Meredit scratches one wolf with each hand. No playing ball with animals that can rip off a human arm! Tails wag and fur gets shed. Lots of fur. Meredit starts to smell doggy aroma and the shed fur tumbles and gets caught on her and the tree and the colored snow and the gifts.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thanksmas Throne]

Harnel just grins in response, "Alright. We'd better let someone else up here before I lose control of myself," Waggling eyebrows ensue.

14. - Top - End - #134

[Thanksmas Throne]

The sorceress giggles softly before pretending to stop a cough as she slowly glides off Harnel's Santa's lap. "It'll be okay if I stay around though? I'm 'Santa's' wife after all." She wonders out loud as she steps behind the throne, allowing the others to get their turn with Santa.

15. - Top - End - #135

[Thanksmas Throne]

As the woman is away Mr.C will ask the wolf to get closer. If that works Mr.C tries to get on Santa Harnels lap, which may be hard for the little creature. It should need some time, if noone helps. He will then smile at the big Santa.

"Hey there."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-12-08 at 10:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Meredit scratches one wolf with each hand. No playing ball with animals that can rip off a human arm! Tails wag and fur gets shed. Lots of fur. Meredit starts to smell doggy aroma and the shed fur tumbles and gets caught on her and the tree and the colored snow and the gifts.
    The two pups gladly accept pets from the new person. Meanwhile, Meredit is approached by their owner, who happens to be the small brown-skinned goblin from his player's avatar.
    "Hello there."

The other pup will get close to Santa so that Mr. C can get onto his lap and then wait patiently.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thanksmas Throne]

Harnel will help Mr. C up if he seems him struggling, "Alrighty then, what can Santa do for you, little guy?"

18. - Top - End - #138

[Thanksmas Throne]

Mr. C looks up. Then he speaks up in common.

"Well. Could you give me something for my friend here? He or she carried me around and I want to give her something in exchange."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Meredit
    Guest in the Playground

Meredit watches the little kid hop up to Santa's lap. This is more like it! Meredit is shy about being so old and still in line for Santa. Then she says "hi" to the new person and holds out her hand. The puppy doesn't want to stop being petted and nudges back under her hand.

Oh. This person is brown. And that little kid is green. It's all a dream after all. That's why the presents seemed like magic. Time to wake up soon?

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    ...No one is trying to get anyone? Oh my word. There isn't any screaming. Nor is there any declarations of revenge or whatever, despite the fact that there isn't anything real big going on to distract everyone! How does that work? People are just standing around, singing, or having conversations, or handing out presents, or... does this kind of peace happen often in the nonfairy world, or is this some kind of neutral area?

Oh, my... Vriveka never looked into mortals past as potential mischief targets. She doesn't actually know how they live. Like how pranks are maybe a once-a-month-thing at most.
    Oh so now you get it? Yeah, people just generally aren't arses to each other the majority of the time. I mean, there's a few who are pretty awful, but it's nowhere near as many as there are among pixies and grigs. There aren't really many pranks, and the ones that happen usually are just to make people laugh a bit at their own expense. It took me some getting used to, but I wasn't really all that into suddenly changing someone's life entirely for a week or more, so after working most of it out of my system I settled down pretty easily. Mintbalm waves a hand nonchalantly, not really expecting Vriveka to find that as such a revelation. She'd been to the Nexus more often than most fey, so Mintbalm had figured that she'd know all this by now.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I hadn't really ever thought about living that way..."

"I need to think about this. This is a weird thought."

Mintbalm has successfully flung Vriveka free of her comfort zone. Does that count as a point?

22. - Top - End - #142

I don't think they were even playing right now, so Mintbalm certainly isn't thinking of counting it as one.

Hey, can you make my skin and hair red and white stripes like a candy cane? I feel pretty festive all of a sudden. Mintbalm chirps mentally, getting up from her bench to walk over to where the snow-golem is belting out a non-denominational version of Ode to Joy.

Feel free to toss some other effects in there as you think of them too, if it'll calm you down some.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-12-08 at 07:59 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mintbalm's skin and hair will change, The roots of her hair being red, then with with a white stripe, then a red stripe, and so on... but the stripes become smaller further along the hair, so at the very tips Mintbalm's hair looks pink. Something similar happens along her body, with her skin becoming stark white and red striped, the stripes becoming closer together down her limbs, looking pink at the tips of her fingers and toes.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thanksmas Throne]

"Of course," Harnel says, reaching into the thanksmas sack. He pulls out... a roast ham? He seems fairly surprised by that too, "This is for all of the pups, alright? They have to share." Otherwise, they'd just make themselves sick. And possibly fat.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Meredit watches the little kid hop up to Santa's lap. This is more like it! Meredit is shy about being so old and still in line for Santa. Then she says "hi" to the new person and holds out her hand. The puppy doesn't want to stop being petted and nudges back under her hand.

Oh. This person is brown. And that little kid is green. It's all a dream after all. That's why the presents seemed like magic. Time to wake up soon?
    The goblin shakes Meredit's hand, examining her curiously.
    "It looks like you're quite new here. Name's Dipsnig Razortooth. Those wolves are mine, sort of."
    At this point though, the pup that carried Mr. C barks and the two wolves who have been sniffing Meredit run off to eat the roast ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Thanksmas Throne]

"Of course," Harnel says, reaching into the thanksmas sack. He pulls out... a roast ham? He seems fairly surprised by that too, "This is for all of the pups, alright? They have to share." Otherwise, they'd just make themselves sick. And possibly fat.
    The pup's tail swishes happily. She gives a loud bark and all the other pups come running to the tasty meat.

Meanwhile, once the singing is over, Brinika twirls around happily.
    "That was awesome!" she squeaks. "Where'd you get that hat, la- oooooh." She was going to ask Mintbalm a question, but then the pixie's skin changes color and she just kind of stares.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-12-09 at 06:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Meredit
    Guest in the Playground

The wolf stops nudging for pets and runs for ham. Now Meredit can shake Dipsnig's small hand too without the handshake getting licked. "I'm Meredit. Not Meredith. It was written down wrong on my birth certificate but my parents liked the sound."

She looks at Dipsnig too. He is still a goblin. She still isn't waking up.

"They are good dogs. Aren't you supposed to wake up once you realize you're dreaming? Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that out loud."

There are no such things as goblins but here he is. She can feel his hand in hers. Meredit's dreams don't have touch.

"Yes, I'm new here.

"Oh my god."

Meredit drops his hand and looks around in a panic!

"I'm not dreaming! I'm not dreaming!!!"

27. - Top - End - #147

[Thanksmas Throne]

Meredit may also notice that the person on Santa's lap isn't a kid, not even a human. It's a living plush doll.^^

"All of the pups?" Mr. C asks confused. Then the barking and the other pups appear.

"I just hope that will be enougth for them." he says worried about his own live. And now he needs to get the ham to the pups. The ham should be 5-6 times his size, even if tere are only 3 pups right now.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Mintbalm might find a snowball hitting her in the head. I wonder who threw it?

It could be the little orc girl who has built a snow fort and looks like she's prepared herself with loads of ammunition. Or perhaps the little blonde human girl who is using her new tPhone to take photos of the snowman.

HOW EVER WILL ANYONE TELL?!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #149

"It's Thanksmas Magic!" Mintbalm proclaims to the adoragoblin seconds before getting splatted in the noggin with a ball of ballistic sub-zero compressed water crystals. Ooooh, this means war...

Vriveka, I'm going to need a lot of arms, please and thanks. There is one acceptable bit of mischief you can get into during the winter holidays...

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

The wolf stops nudging for pets and runs for ham. Now Meredit can shake Dipsnig's small hand too without the handshake getting licked. "I'm Meredit. Not Meredith. It was written down wrong on my birth certificate but my parents liked the sound."

She looks at Dipsnig too. He is still a goblin. She still isn't waking up.

"They are good dogs. Aren't you supposed to wake up once you realize you're dreaming? Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that out loud."

There are no such things as goblins but here he is. She can feel his hand in hers. Meredit's dreams don't have touch.

"Yes, I'm new here.

"Oh my god."

Meredit drops his hand and looks around in a panic!

"I'm not dreaming! I'm not dreaming!!!"
    Dipsnig presses his fingers against his forehead. Yyyep. One of those people who just got dumped into the Nexus without warning.
    "No, you're not dreaming. You're in a place called the Nexus. And it doesn't look like you know how you got here..."

Brinika, meanwhile, giggles when Mintbalm gets hit with a snowball and quickly scurries off to get out of the line of fire.