New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] Nexus Scouts!

Flag-Hunt- Tree

Now it's been found, Natalie doesn't necessarily need to see in colour any more. Which means she grows feathers and shrinks, her skull elongating into a beaked head and her tail retracting into a cluster of feathers making a bird's tail. Her arms bend oddly and turn into wings, and when the process is complete she's a black-capped chickadee, which is smaller and probably more nimble (I don't know; I've never seen one, but the tits in my garden are in the same family and are better fliers than the pigeons and doves). So Natalie-as-chickadee will fly up and try to dart around the pigeon. Hopefully the nest-owner won't see the smaller bird as a threat, or not as much a threat as a larger monkey was and ignore it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I guess I should describe that better. MHF is not so much physically moving from one shadow to the next and peering out, as she is stretching her consciousness through the shadows. She's a sort of shadow psychic. It's how she controls them, with her consciousness. She once searched the city of Inside to find a tiny critter (Morbit) and found him in about half an hour.

Hey look! Flag!
    MHF attempts to suck it into the cold, dark shadow abyss with her, where it will suffer immense emotional distress and maybe loss of heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Entrance

Bounding from the road comes a man 6 feet tall, heavily built, and dressed in rags. His one large eye frantically looked around for any people. He yelps with excitement when he sees the Scoutmaster and begins running towards him, but a flash of movement in the trees above stops him. He looks up with his mouth agape and sees a monkey transform into a bird before his very eye.

Tuk-tuk jumps up and down in joy and says, "Monkey-bird! Monkey-bird!" He now starts to look around to find a way to climb the trees and catch the monkey-bird.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2012-12-06 at 08:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

[Stables]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Becca pauses inside and takes in the inside of the stables. She grabs one of her pokeballs and tosses it. A Phanpy appears. "Okay, Phanish. Go look for a flag in one of the stables. Me and Jamie* will look in the other ones." The pokemon immediately goes to look in the first stable. "I've got this one." Becca goes to peek into the second one."

* Because there's no way she remembers to use a different name.
    Mikani rolls her eyes and wonders why nobody can ever get her name(s) right.
    She'll then grin, and glance over her shoulder to her pack. "Ready to do some searching around, Oddball?" she asks the snoozing Oddish.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Cerise watches curiously. "Cool... I can do basic telekinesis, but I can't make shapes like that."

She turns to the cabins, and mutters, "From a preliminary scan, I can't see anything, but I haven't searched the place very thoroughly. Could you help me with that?" Which one to start with though? Shrugging, she flies towards the first cabin and enters from the roof, scanning through the individual rooms, the bathrooms and the hall, before floating to the lower floor.
    Cabins

Two eyes being better than one, Timmy floats down and follows her into the cabin. He searches around the bottom floor thoroughly.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cabin Area]

Woohoo! One point!

Woah! Scoutmaster Harris sure is an active fellow! Spiky armor can already tell that she's going to have to put her nose to the grindstone if she wants to gather more flags. But that entails putting her nose to the dirt and crawling around on the ground on all fours following a scent trail, however profitable, would be degrading! If Spiky Armor were to do it in her human form, that is! So if she wants to be competitive in this competition and not look stupid and silly while doing so, she's going to need to morph into her wolf form! Awooo!

Thus, as Spiky Armor darts out of sight, she transforms into a medium-sized young wolf with fur as white as the driven snow and sprints toward Cabin #1, her nose taking point and trying to track the scoutmaster, attempting to deduce where he might've stopped from how much of his scent is in one area or how many footprints he left behind in a given space (if his shoes were dirty or the shoe imprints outside of the cabins betrays his step), and move things the scoutmaster might've touched on his most recent stroll!

Spiky Armor Wolfgirl might encounter Cerise and Timmy as she gives the cabin a quick once over, but she won't say anything to either of them unless they address her first because treasure and tricks up sleeves and stuff!

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    If Hadrian has any knowledge in alchemical symbols he might recognize the scrawlings on the tent walls as such, but they're still just that, scrawlings. There's nothing of note outside the tent, so let's skip to the interior-

Which is likely the last place you'd want to be searching for something in. The smell of burning rubber hangs in the air like a choking cloud, the grass underfoot charred and brittle. Opposite the door and thus likely the first thing Hadrian will spot, the far wall is taken up entirely by bulky coal-burning boilers, rusting copper pipes suspended from the ceiling stretching between cauldrons, hydraulic pumps and all manner of apparatus.

Folding tables occupy the space between these instruments, laden heavy with bottles of the usual suspects- Red and blue and yellow solutions, opalescent liquid metals, some hold nothing more than smoke, twisting and writhing against the glass like it's trying to escape. There's even a ship in a bottle, baring it's colors proudly.
    Hadrian stares at the alchemical symbols in fascination. He doesn't know what they are, but there's something familiar about them. His latent psychic connection to the collective unconscious starts to awaken. The young boy steps closer, on the verge of remembering something he never learned. Then, from a distance, someone's shout distracts him and the moment is gone. Hadrian walks inside and starts looking to see if there's a flag in here. Most of his attention is spent curiously studying everything that isn't a flag, though.

Waiting for Spiky Armor to scamper off with the rest of the campers, Scoutmaster Harris coughs into his fist, hacking up little motes of bright green light as the voice amplification spell is released. Oh, I don't think we need to worry about that. Doesn't look like we've got any real treasure-bugs this year.

But I'd appreciate if you could hold down the fort for a few minutes. I need to go get outta this armor before it crushes me.

Sure thing, Boss.
    Catherine sits down on the ground and keeps an eye on the kids that are visible from there.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Cerise watches curiously. "Cool... I can do basic telekinesis, but I can't make shapes like that."

She turns to the cabins, and mutters, "From a preliminary scan, I can't see anything, but I haven't searched the place very thoroughly. Could you help me with that?" Which one to start with though? Shrugging, she flies towards the first cabin and enters from the roof, scanning through the individual rooms, the bathrooms and the hall, before floating to the lower floor.
    Checking the all the private rooms is a bit of a tall order, but I'll assume Cerise is simply doing a fairly quick scan of each before moving onto the next. Actually searching each room from top to bottom would mean using up the vast majority of the allotted time, although I suppose she's free to do so if she wishes.

In any case, there don't appear to be any flags hidden in the private rooms. Probably to discourage people from nosing around in them, a theory reinforced by the locked doors.

On the other hand, there's quite clearly a flag hidden in the bathroom. 'Clearly' because there's a flag-shaped shadow cast upon the tile floor, 'hidden' because it's difficult to determine just where the shadow's being cast from.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Umm, yeah. I'm standing in a box right now." Spotting the two flags, he reaches out with his mind and attempts to wrap the two flags in bubbles and pull them to him, taking them in hand. "And those were spheres. I don't think there's anymore up here. How do the cabins look?"
    Uh-oh. Timmy mighta done well to search a little closer, 'cause that second flag hidden in the gutterpipe? Trapped. His attempt to tele-grab it breaks a tiny, almost invisible thread, sending leaves flying as the miniature catapult hidden below them swings into action, sending a barrage of paintballs flying in the kid psychic's direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Stables]

Becca pauses inside and takes in the inside of the stables. She grabs one of her pokeballs and tosses it. A Phanpy appears. "Okay, Phanish. Go look for a flag in one of the stables. Me and Jamie* will look in the other ones." The pokemon immediately goes to look in the first stable. "I've got this one." Becca goes to peek into the second one."

* Because there's no way she remembers to use a different name.
    Dinosaurs! Dinosaurs dinosaurs dinosaurs are clearly the best animals!

*cough*

Lying in the first pen, idly chewing on a salad of prehistoric ferns is a large, feathered beast with a beak and club-like tail, spikes sprouting from it's back. I assume that as a trainer Becca should have some familiarity with animals and, of so, she should then be able to determine that this is a very young member of it's species, nearly a baby.

Over in pen number two, Phanphy will also meet a dinosaur of the same species, although slightly larger, which grunts something akin to the animal-equivalent of 'hello' or, more accurately translated, 'you don't look tasty so I won't eat you but stay away from my food which is tasty'.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Well, I guess I should describe that better. MHF is not so much physically moving from one shadow to the next and peering out, as she is stretching her consciousness through the shadows. She's a sort of shadow psychic. It's how she controls them, with her consciousness. She once searched the city of Inside to find a tiny critter (Morbit) and found him in about half an hour.

Hey look! Flag!
    MHF attempts to suck it into the cold, dark shadow abyss with her, where it will suffer immense emotional distress and maybe loss of heat.
    Yikes.

Don't think there's much chance anyone's gonna outsearch the Mysterious Hooded Figure then, but thankfully there's more to this treasure-hunt than just finding the flags. Sometimes. In this case, it actually is that easy and MHF will be able to snatch the flag with no difficulty. One point to it!

Now, it would seem the next closest flag is hidden over in cabin three, in the refrigerator, packed in amongst sodas, microwave snacks and frozen, sugary foodstuffs, all the things you really shouldn't be giving kids. Out of curiosity, could MHF partially materialize within a space to small for iy, such as the fridge, or would it have to appear at the nearest shadow with sufficient room?

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Cabin Area]

Woohoo! One point!

Woah! Scoutmaster Harris sure is an active fellow! Spiky armor can already tell that she's going to have to put her nose to the grindstone if she wants to gather more flags. But that entails putting her nose to the dirt and crawling around on the ground on all fours following a scent trail, however profitable, would be degrading! If Spiky Armor were to do it in her human form, that is! So if she wants to be competitive in this competition and not look stupid and silly while doing so, she's going to need to morph into her wolf form! Awooo!

Thus, as Spiky Armor darts out of sight, she transforms into a medium-sized young wolf with fur as white as the driven snow and sprints toward Cabin #1, her nose taking point and trying to track the scoutmaster, attempting to deduce where he might've stopped from how much of his scent is in one area or how many footprints he left behind in a given space (if his shoes were dirty or the shoe imprints outside of the cabins betrays his step), and move things the scoutmaster might've touched on his most recent stroll!

Spiky Armor Wolfgirl might encounter Cerise and Timmy as she gives the cabin a quick once over, but she won't say anything to either of them unless they address her first because treasure and tricks up sleeves and stuff!
    The bottom floor of Cabin #1 is decorated almost entirely in the remains of slain foes, the floor lined with hide carpets, lines of stuffed and mounted heads staring down from the walls with glass eyes. Even the furniture's upholstered in leather and fur and even scales, with frames of whittled bone no less. The place could easily be mistaken for a taxidermist's shop.

The Scoutmaster's footsteps meander through the room a ways, as if he wasn't entirely sure of his destination, moving from one trophy to the next indecisively. Good thing Spiky Armor's an accomplished tracker, for otherwise it would be quite easy to miss the signs of where he finally paused to hide a flag- In front of an enormous stuffed bear, standing upon a single hindleg with the second kicked out behind it, like a ballerina.

Tellingly, a small hint of green fabric can be seen hanging out from between it's jaws.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Hadrian stares at the alchemical symbols in fascination. He doesn't know what they are, but there's something familiar about them. His latent psychic connection to the collective unconscious starts to awaken. The young boy steps closer, on the verge of remembering something he never learned. Then, from a distance, someone's shout distracts him and the moment is gone. Hadrian walks inside and starts looking to see if there's a flag in here. Most of his attention is spent curiously studying everything that isn't a flag, though.
    There's plenty to study here, between the obtuse instruments and numerous little vials, phials, flasks and beakers filled with exotic ingredients. Luckily, being distracted by all this won't hurt the search much- The first flag to be found is hidden within the clutter, tucked underneath the metal legs of a table crucible.

Only, there's a slight problem. This flag, although identical to the type they're searching for in all other respects, happens to be white.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Flag-Hunt- Tree

Now it's been found, Natalie doesn't necessarily need to see in colour any more. Which means she grows feathers and shrinks, her skull elongating into a beaked head and her tail retracting into a cluster of feathers making a bird's tail. Her arms bend oddly and turn into wings, and when the process is complete she's a black-capped chickadee, which is smaller and probably more nimble (I don't know; I've never seen one, but the tits in my garden are in the same family and are better fliers than the pigeons and doves). So Natalie-as-chickadee will fly up and try to dart around the pigeon. Hopefully the nest-owner won't see the smaller bird as a threat, or not as much a threat as a larger monkey was and ignore it.
    This time, it seems Natalie will be getting a break. Although the appearance of another bird only causes the pidgin to grow more agitated, scratching at the branch it sits on with one talon like a bull pawing the ground, a sudden commotion from below startles it, creating a momentary distraction she might exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox"

Sure thing, Boss.
    Catherine sits down on the ground and keeps an eye on the kids that are visible from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Entrance

Bounding from the road comes a man 6 feet tall, heavily built, and dressed in rags. His one large eye frantically looked around for any people. He yelps with excitement when he sees the Scoutmaster and begins running towards him, but a flash of movement in the trees above stops him. He looks up with his mouth agape and sees a monkey transform into a bird before his very eye.

Tuk-tuk jumps up and down in joy and says, "Monkey-bird! Monkey-bird!" He now starts to look around to find a way to climb the trees and catch the monkey-bird.
    But it doesn't look like Scoutmaster Harris will be catching a break of his own anytime soon. At least it isn't some supervillain trying to kidnap his charges. Sir, I am afraid that the 'monkey-bird' is a student here and that I will have to ask you to leave. He states, stepping between Tuk-Tuk and the tree.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #69

Cabin one

The paintballs splat harmlessly against the wall against the walls of the cube. The entire point of the cube is the walls, so he doesn't fall.

This luckily doesn't interfere with future actions, except he will be more careful about flag traps and inform the others about them when he next sees them.

If Timmy sees Spike and Wolf and ESPECIALLY if she sees him, an invisible psychic wall may silently form between them, effectively cutting her off from the rest of the cabin.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

Checking the all the private rooms is a bit of a tall order, but I'll assume Cerise is simply doing a fairly quick scan of each before moving onto the next. Actually searching each room from top to bottom would mean using up the vast majority of the allotted time, although I suppose she's free to do so if she wishes.

In any case, there don't appear to be any flags hidden in the private rooms. Probably to discourage people from nosing around in them, a theory reinforced by the locked doors.

On the other hand, there's quite clearly a flag hidden in the bathroom. 'Clearly' because there's a flag-shaped shadow cast upon the tile floor, 'hidden' because it's difficult to determine just where the shadow's being cast from.
    Smiling slightly, Cerise will float into the bathroom, and sort of lie on the floor, placing her head on the shadow, and try to see where said shadow comes from.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

[Stables]

"Oh, cool! Hey there little guy." Becca says, even if he's not so little. She pulls out her pokedex just to see... Nope, not a pokemon. She's a little disappointed, but oh well.

"Hm, I wonder if there's a flag in here." She tries to look around the dinosaur, though she knows well enough not to get too close.

Phanish, meanwhile, steps into the pen and looks around as well. He keeps his distance from the dinosaur, but he's not going to just go away because of it.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Tree

Natalie, with the flag, will swoop down to land on the ground before changing again. This time, the process is very similar to the one that turned her from monkey to bird only reversed, and without the tail and with added clothes. When it's over, a twelve-year-old girl will be standing there in a denim dress with a red rucksack over her shoulder, and she'll turn to look at Tuk-Tuk. "Yes? Can I help you?" Since he was clearly interested in her transformations.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Post Re: [NEXUS] Nexus Scouts!

Entrance to the Camp
    The wind picks up only slightly, the fields of grass showing the waves of wind rolling over it. And on the far side of the field from the cabins, the figure rose from the woods.

Anyone that notices, as many of you are engaged in your 'Quest for Flags', will see:

It was obviously a male. As he was broad at the shoulders, and that thickness ran the length of his torso. He wore nothing bright, a black hood rested over his head, the rest of his torso was wrapped in a black trench coat, that was form fitting as it was few sizes to small for his muscular body. The lightest thing he wore, was a loose pair of jeans, scattered with gaping holes, but his skin was not showing, under that he wore from head to toe, long-johns. The last, and perhaps most concerning point of his attire, was a thick scarf, that was covering what his hood could not, his neck and chin, were hidden, the scarf hiding everything below his nose.

Besides the shady attire, or at least darkness of it, he seemed young, not too tall, and he moved with a swiftness and eagerness of someone of youth. In his rather hasty approach, anyone paying particular attention, will notice he has a long sword slung on his back, and two bulges on either side of his torso, aside each breast. He doesn't seem afraid of the cluster of people, which have made so much noise, in the silence of the woods.

He is about a hundred feet away when he slows his approach, allowing him time to think about how to introduce himself to his fellow Adventuring Youth.

Once he finally gets to the scattered groups of people, he stops walking, and scans the collection of cabins. Walking to the person who appears to be a camp counselor, or perhaps even its head master.

"So... Adventure Camp. Where do I sign in?" He says it, softly, and slowly. His voice is deep, and rich, unexpectedly so. As he speaks, he waves his hand motioning towards the cabins. "And... where do I put my.... Personal items."
    Last edited by Danboy-D; 2012-12-14 at 03:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

ElfMonkGuy

Tuk-Tuk found himself facing a man and a small girl. He umm'd and ah'd for about ten seconds before pointing to himself and saying, "Tuk-Tuk. Here for camp Kicks-oat-ee."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Yikes.

Don't think there's much chance anyone's gonna outsearch the Mysterious Hooded Figure then, but thankfully there's more to this treasure-hunt than just finding the flags. Sometimes. In this case, it actually is that easy and MHF will be able to snatch the flag with no difficulty. One point to it!

Now, it would seem the next closest flag is hidden over in cabin three, in the refrigerator, packed in amongst sodas, microwave snacks and frozen, sugary foodstuffs, all the things you really shouldn't be giving kids. Out of curiosity, could MHF partially materialize within a space to small for it, such as the fridge, or would it have to appear at the nearest shadow with sufficient room?
    I honestly hadn't thought about it. I'll have to figure that one out. I know she doesn't have to physically touch something to drag it into the shadow abyss or anything. I know MHF is powerful, creepy, and a little kid.

I also know it hasn't had those foods before. So MHF will go to rise out of the floor outside of the fridge and try to open the door with a shadow tendril to get a better look at the things kids should not have.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-12-12 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Where Mikani Is

"Oddish?" Oddball doesn't know what's going on. Also, unlike his text colour, Oddball isn't currently blue; at the moment he's green, and shedding sparkly bits.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

[Stables]

"Hey, you look different. Did you transform too?" Mikani grins. "We're searching the stables for the flag!" she declares, before turning to, well, start searching. Thoroughly.

"...hey, Becca! Wait up!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items