New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: !Monsters and Mayhem in Laterr [3.5] IC

Tree-shaker grunts at the impulsive actions of the goblin and humans. "Now, what..." He ignores the strange sound Aldreth is putting out and dashes through the jungle to see what's past the copse of trees that Fo-Hok mentioned.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Base speed of 70, unencumbered run x 4 = 280' in a round.
    46 ft/sec, or about 31 mph. For all that he's fast, Tree-shaker apparently can't outrun a cheetah. Interesting. Of course, Cheetahs don't have Woodland Stride.

That should get him through the small copse of trees pretty quickly.
    Last edited by J-H; 2012-12-13 at 10:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Gwylan lets out a brief scream from above, and then goes silent.

@DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After screaming, Gwylan hisses at the satyr, "I can take care of myself, thank you. Now, kindly let me go."

Escape Artist: (1d20+8)[24]

If free, will move to 50 feet in the air, then make my way back towards the clearing.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-12-13 at 10:59 PM.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@Gwylan
    Spoiler
    Show
    <This is next turn, btw>

You slip out of his grasp, and fly upwards. He hisses in a whisper, "Waaaaiiiit! There is something you need to see!" He punctuates this last with a positively unnatural leap from ground to tree to air, grasping for you on the way down.

Grasp attack (melee touch): (1d20+10)[29]
    Grapple (if he hits): (1d20+10)[29]

EDIT: Holy Schmidt. This guy rolled a 15 for a Jump check followed by two 19's for the attack rolls. To be fair, that first grasp attack should be at +6, not +10, so he only got a 25...
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-12-13 at 11:07 PM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

@DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Then you can let go, and use your words. I will not be CARRIED AROUND like I am your prisoner!"

With that, she closes her eyes tightly, and refuses to look at ANYTHING.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Tak hissed excitedly as the Goblin started the attack. She was about to charge in with the humans, but then her mind began to blank when she heard a song begin to play. Feeling her Queen begin to rage again, she flew into a rage herself even though her body was no longer under her control. Before her mind fogged completely she made sure to send a particularly vicious image of her tearing out Aldreth's throat with her teeth.

Spoiler
    Show

Tak is going to move towards Aldreth
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldreth sends back a message.

"You need to work on your hossstility issssuesss, milady. Worry not, I will releassse you from this trance asss sssoon asss you are within reach."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Wanting to conserve his energies, Blue flicks a hand to summon his mind blade and moves in on the dragon.

(1d20+9)[12] Attack if he can get close enough with one move action
    (1d6+3)[6] Damage

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not expecting him to hurt it much, but it'll give it more to think about and maybe distract it from our heavy hitters. I don't want to blow through all of Blue's power points in 3 rounds.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Calamvir seems rather distraught as he fights off the tide pf violence. The scenario rapidly devolved around him and this was the opposite of what he has hiped for. Looking back and forth the Black Dragon seemed lost, unable to fully take in all that was happening. But what he did catch was Blue continuing his assault. A toothy sneer on his face, the Black Dragon slithered forward and attempted to grab the damn goblin and keep him in placeso that he doesn't cause further harm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Calamvir will attempt to grapple Blue. Take your AoO.

Grapple To hit roll:(1d20+11)[27]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Blue flicks his mind-blade out and charges, through the clouds of ice hanging in the air from the dragon's exhalation. Though Fo-Hok sees this and is prepared for it, she doesn't intercept it, except to lean her shoulder into the blow, letting the heavier scales take the hit. The mind-blade glances downward, sparking as it skids down the impenetrable armor of the dragon.

Aldreth keeps singing, noting with displeasure that he has caught many of the non-combatants in his enchantment, rather than the more bellicose participants.

Jack sits up, groaning, and tries to stand. Waiting for him was the reason that Fo-Hok didn't take action against Blue. With a single smash, he has the air driven out of his lungs and he is forced down once more.

At this, Fenny shouts a little hysterically, "LAURA!". But Laura doesn't even hear her through the encapsuling effect of the song. So Fenny grabs the Arrow. The one that sparkles along its length, belying its cruel destructive power. She aims it at Fo-Hok, and whispers the command word: "Dov". The sparkles stop, a sudden dark, swirling energy pulling air into the arrow. Fo-Hok looks up, eyes suddenly wide. Calamvir, too, receives a powerful sense of dread in his soul, simply by being near the arrow. Madeline, swaying to the tune near Aldreth, suddenly stops, her face sad and confused, though the music seems more than able to keep her entranced.

Fo-Hok barks out a command in Draconic. Six Satyrs have their invisibility broken, at which they step out from inside the trees. Or, not. Four of them appear to be entranced by the music of Aldreth, invisibly (up until now) dancing little jigs on the mossy roots that were outside of the bright clearing. The last two looked less than happy at their odds, nevertheless brandishing sticks. The only reason they seem to be avoiding the effects of Aldreth's magic is their distance. Fo-Hok hisses in rage.

Spoiler
    Show
    The ??? in the initiative? The Satyrs. Though granted, they aren't gonna be much use just dancing around near Aldreth.

Calamvir has had enough. "Wait", he barks at Fenny and her deathly arrow, as he dashes forwards. Avoiding the prone form of Jack, he jumps at Blue, who just finished his attack. Seeing the other dragon approach from the side, he lashes out [Rhyvurg can veto or auto-miss this action if he wants to] and slashes Calamvir, dealing 4 damage with his mind-blade. But Calamvir crashes over him, forcing him downwards. Blue is pretty strong, but Calamvir's size wins out in a wrestle, and Calamvir overpowers him [for this round].

@J-H:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tree-Shaker just shakes his head. Pure silliness. He lopes off, wondering what "back there" was gestured to be. Sooner than he thought, he finds out. Prepared to move for a distance through the forest, he is startled when the forest ends abruptly. Replacing the green boughs and gnarled trunks is pure, dead, snow. The weather too, changes abruptly from sunny to almost a snowstorm. Clearing away part of the snow, he sees that the forest continued here once before the trees were cleared away. He really wonders who would have done that. Still, he reflects as you look upon the plains, it took something with far more power than that dragon to produce an effect of this size. Something was going on here. A few dozen yards to the left, you notice a Satyr, bounding out into the snow, something grasped in it's hands.

@candycorn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gwylan is thrust into someplace so chilling it makes her shiver, encased as she is in the warm hands of her captor. Who, as it happens, releases her here without warning. She falls into snow. "See, Lady Pixie? This is what remains of my forest! This is what the lady-dragon has done! This is why I need your help, to destroy her power. I only have as long as the sun has in the sky, so I need your help quickly!

Tak, too, is snared by Aldreth's music, but only until Aldreth feints a tentacle in front of Tak's face, breaking her out of her trance.

With a glare and a rumbling shout, Fo-Hok orders the Satyrs that remain under her control to stand aside. She steps back as well, taking care not to move her head much, as her neck appears to be burnt and swollen. She looks to the arrow, and the one who wields it. "Now then, darling, you wouldn't be so unkind as to fire that arrow at me?"

Badly drawn map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Conor77; 2012-12-17 at 05:57 PM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Calamvir turns his head to Fenny, his expression as hard as stone "In the name of everything just and humane I beg of you not to shoot that arrow." he pleads to the women, hoping that since enough of the combatants were either bruised or taken out of action that Calamvir can attempt to distill hostilities once again. Snapping his head down to the glblin he continues trying to hold the goblin in place, his expression less kind then it was to the women. In a hushed, angry whisper he said "Look at what you've done you impatient bastard. Now i'm going to have to bend over backwards and break my ass just to make sure the right thing is done. Good job breaking it, hero." The last part was said with particularly pointed sarcstic contempt. He had liked the little goblin at first, but seeing the short fuse that the goblin worked with meant that he'd have to keep him on a shorter collar. Metaphorically, or if it got really bad and angry, literally.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple check:(1d20+11)[25]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Tak hissed at Aldreth, but left him be since he had gotten her out of the song's embrace. She turned back towards the fight, and heard the dragon ask Fenny not to shoot the arrow. Tak moved close enough to Fenny for her to be heard, and sent a impatient image at her to put the arrow away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

"Fey!" Tree-shaker exclaims, figuring that they have something to do with this... destruction.

He hefts his club, muttering a few words and running his long fingers along it, tapping the wood in a complex pattern.
    Spoiler
    Show

Casting Shillelagh. Club is now a +1 that deals 2d6 damage instead of 1d6. Duration is 7 minutes.

He dashes over to confront the satyr. "What have you done?!?

This intolerable!"
    Last edited by J-H; 2012-12-18 at 11:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Away from the clearing (DM+Tree-shaker):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gwylan shouts, "Then why are you wasting time dragging me around!? You could have just TOLD me the dragon was freezing this part of the forest solid, and I'd have believed you!

As is, there are a bunch of humans that have, for once, stumbled upon a course that actually HELPS us, along with several others, and rather than trying to DO something to protect your home, you nearly tear my wing out!? No wonder we can't defend our home!
    "

At that, Gwylan shakes her head, confident that only the Satyr sees that, and flies back, as fast as possible.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Tree-shaker pulls up short, hearing the exchange. "Help kill dragon then!" he yells at the satyr, before dashing back through the trees towards the clearing.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldreth continues his song until such a time as it is stated and agreed that the best course of action is to murder Fo-Hok.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Fenny just shakes her head. "This arrow isn't going anywhere until we've decided a few things" The arrow has a shimmering field of dark blackness around it, and words whisper into every dragon's mind Thu'um, but with words that should never, ever be put into Thu'um. The arrow explains the concept of complete undoing, the erasure of existence, spilling into the minds of the dragons.

But Fenny doesn't say a word. She holds her arrow still, waiting for...something?

Aldreth continues singing.

@Gwylan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get back to the clearing almost immediately. It takes nearly no time at all, "running" through the air. You are at about mid-treeline, 60 feet up. You hear the Satyr crying out behind you, but his voice quickly vanishes in the thick foliage, as well as his form. You quickly take in the scene. You are, of course, invisible, and no one shows any signs of noticing you.

@Tree-Shaker
    Spoiler
    Show
    You admonish the Satyr, hearing him cry out behind you and the fairy as you dive back into the forest. Now that you know exactly how far the trees go, your popping into the clearing is entirely expected. You come to a stalemate, with the Black dragon called Calamvir standing on the little blue goblin, yelling at the archer, who has some kind of magic arrow. You are hidden in the leaves, though you could of course choose to end that voluntarily.

As time passes, Fo-Hok demands, "Look, put the arrow down first, and we'll talk after. I'll even let you put it in your quiver, sure to draw it in time, should I decide on violence...

Fenny appears concerned for a moment. And then, from the distance, you hear the sound of a horn. A peculiar horn, made certainly from some large animal. A very large animal, you think, as it goes on, booming deeper.

And as Jack get up, and sputters, "H-hu...hun...", and more horns sound all over the forest, and Fenny hoists her arrow into firing position, and the masked Dwarven monk vaults into the clearing followed by the bodies of two Satyrs, it becomes clear. The horns sounding are those of a dragon. The Dragon-Hunters have noticed their missing Scouts, and they are near.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-12-23 at 03:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

furious Re: !Monsters and Mayhem in Laterr [3.5] IC

"Dragon make big big field of ice destruction! It wreck jungle, make ice field!" Tree-shaker howls with rage and charges the dragon, leaping into the air and swinging a mighty blow with his shillelagh gripped in both hands.

Spoiler
    Show

Rage, charge (140' should get him to dragon), and attack.
    Barkskin AC+2 = current AC 33.
    Rage STR+4, CON+4, Will+2, AC-2
    Temp str mod +5, temp con mod +5, will save +15, AC now 31
    HP now 73
    Rage Duration 3+5 = 8 rounds
    Two-handing the club for 1.5 str modifier on damage

Attack: (1d20+13)[15]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+13)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[17] (damage is 2d6+1 magic from shillelagh, plus 7 from str)

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldreth stretches a tentacle out to Laura, a quick, firm and barely appropriate grope grasp should shake her out of the hypnotic effect of his voice.

Alas, this is not technically his action yet, just an AoO, so he can't stop singing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing