New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 11

Eastside- Surface

Two newcomers are here! Hopefully. One is looking around in obvious wonderment at just about everything, but especially such things as clouds, trees, grass, flowers and some of the buildings. This newcomer is a drider, with a delicate, long-legged spider-body beneath her dark-skinned drow torso clad in a white silk shirt. Her long white hair is paler than her shirt, and her eyes are shiny black compound eyes that would be as at home as on a beetle. Around her neck is a two-tailed scorpion amulet that she's not making any effort to hide, but she's also wearing a rapier across her spider abdomen in a black chitin sheath within easy reach of her hands. Also on her abdomen is a large silk net that closely resembles a large spider web. Possibly because it was.

Her companion is likely more focussed on where they're going and avoiding danger.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mysterious Cavern]

Sylvia just shrugs and shakes her head and then points at the water.

Meanwhile the vampire is slowly moving around the little island, getting awfully close to them. "There isn't anything you need to fear, I have no reason to hurt you for getting in here. Think about it. You are both guests here, hurting you would the last thing I want to do."
    Sekai is throwing a worried glance at the dragon, but doesn't say anything for now. Just waiting on the shadow vampire to finish his search.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Oh, we just need a dark spot... like the washing room!" Irena exclaims, not bothering to even take away her plate, leaving the kitchen just as it is.

[Eastside - Ghoul]

The man continues towards the broken dagger but is constantly looking around as if he suspected he was being followed.

[The Rusty Dagger]

"They g-got a fire vampire!" Jana blurts out, not daring to even move.

Outside The Gutted Fish

Blowing a hole in the wall isn't usually the best way to have a secret meeting. Whatever they are doing in there though, the gargoyles masters realizes it's probably quite illegal (by their definition at least) and decides to call for reinforcements.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Cavern]

Valente nods and holds his ground. Maybe they'd go away if they were lucky. He's not quite that optimistic, but you never know.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia chuckles and picks up both their plates to drop them off in the sink. "Lead the way, love." She says and will follow Irena out of the room.

[The Rusty Dagger]

Dammit. That's not good. "We'll talk more soon." She tries to gag Jana and pick her up. On their way, she picks up the communication device. "I'm going out the back and headed [direction]." She says before she heads out the back entrance and starts making her way down the ally they end up in.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

[Eastside - Surface]

The other newcomer is indeed here too, much to her partner's pleasure, I reckon.

She is a large jaguar-serpent-human hybrid. Her golden eye color sets her apart in a crowd of busy people. Her build is athletic. Her lips are reminiscent of flowing streams of countless rose petals drifting upon a stream of the clearest water. Her hair is chestnut-brown and extends just past her shoulders. Her entire lower body from her hips down is the tail end of a sapphire-hued snake. Her arms are covered in the jaguar fur and her hands, though shaped like your standard human hands, have sprouted dangerously sharp claws which jut out of the tips of her fingers that are perfectly adept at ripping out throats and less appropriate for manipulating delicate objects should the need arise. Her face is splendidly ornamented and framed by rambunctious strands of hair spilling down from the top of her head until it reaches the middle of her upper back where it animatedly bobs back and forth as she slithers down the street. She's wearing the least amount of spider silk clothing she can get away with without being indecent by her cultural standards, which, suffice to say, aren't that stringent.

She's navigating through the street alongside her partner, enjoying the rays of the sun that are warming her fur, skin, and scales. It has been ever so long since she last bathed in the light of the sun, and she is loving every second of her leisurely down the road. She might be holding her partner's hand in her, if her partner has consented to it. She had, shall we say, appropriated a heavy purse gold from a false tree stump during their journey to this town, and it jingles and jangles where she has tied it at her side.

"Sssee? It isss real! And best of all, there's no ceiling!"

She grins at her partner, keeping a lookout for any fun-looking buildings or neat shops they could stop by on their sightseeing trip/honeymoon.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Eastside - Ghoul]

"Understood." was the reply Ghoul sent before calmly pulling out her carton of cigarettes and rapping the bottom of them against her palm as she walked forward. She was no longer actively following the man but still heading towards the Dagger. If he made a sudden change in direction that coincided with her Sire's movement, then she might have to take a more active role but until then, she felt she could relax if only slightly. Fishing out a cigarette and pulling the ignition chord dangling off the end, the muse took a long draw as bluish smoke curled around her fingers. Probably one of the best parts about being dead. Or half dead or whatever.

If the man were to turn around and make eye contact then he would get all of a short, unconcerned nod from the muse before he would be promptly 'ignored.' ...Though, just to be safe, a quick last pulse of the sonar might be merited. With the man being this obvious, he could be a decoy of sorts.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cow Hunting

"Don't worry, I think I can handle it." The drago replies before she grabs the rope they tied around the neck of the cow and then get's off the ground, attempting to lead it to Harnel's cave.
    Off they go to his cave then!
    Outside's a little crowded right now though. Repository instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #67

[Mysterious Cavern]

The vampire stops, "Please, come over to me." This time his words are laced with powerful mental suggestion.

Cow Hunting

That or outside, I doubt they will stay in the cave for very long.

[Eastside - Ghoul]

There is nothing underground at least, but the man is increasing his pace now, looking somewhat annoyed.

[The Rusty Dagger]

"What but-" Jana protests before she's gagged and lead out into the alley, she isn't moving very fast though.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Leave it be, we can take of it later." Irena says as she notices Nadia picking up the plates. Whenever she actually follow her girlfriends advice or not is another matter, but they do actually have a dishwasher. No way Irena would clean the plates by hand like some savage. No way.

In any case, it's unsurprisingly rather dark in the washing room which fits the witch's purposes just fine. "Okay... what was the first thing I was going to ask again? Why they wanted to met you right?"

((Lost Deep, I will post in exbourne manor in my next post.))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-01 at 11:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Cavern]

Valente suddenly takes a couple steps forward, but then he stops. He has a better resistance to these things innately, but it's still effecting him some. Although he does seem to be fighting it now, the two steps he took probably made enough noise in the water to give them away.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia chuckles and sets the dishes down. She actually did intend to deal with it later, though she suspected Irena didn't.

Once in the washing room, Nadia nods. "Yeah, that's right. We'll start with that at least."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Wildside

What incompetence? I entered the forest, discovered that Dionysus is the father of the hateful nymph who planted it, and learned that he has nothing else to do with the place. I also learned that there is a single human inhabitant and only a few fey due to said nymph's unfriendliness. As far as I can tell, I've completed the mission you gave me,
    Jeanne responds telepathically. And rather irritably. It isn't fun being scolded at by two beings at once.

Jeanne lowers her eyes and adopts a contrite appearance and tone. "I can be a teacher and playfellow for Scora." she says.
    Wildside

Lenai's mouth twists as she thinks, taking a few moments to let Jeanne stew before she responds, "I shudder to think what opinions would develop in her under your influence if you are so quick to judge and insult me before you saw me, but it is ultimately not my choice. Scora let you in here in exchange for a story, so you are her responsibility until the story is finished being told. Your actions will reflect on her, and she will share your punishments if you harm anything within the forest. If she asks you to leave, I will enforce her wish, but until then you may stay at her pleasure and not have to answer to me."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside - Surface

"Then, what's keeping everything down if not the pressure of countless tonnes of rock and soil above our heads? And where do you propose this 'rain' comes from if not a leaky aquifer in the rocks above?" Charynrae looks nervous as she speaks, and grips Sylvia's hand very tightly to prevent her lover from being sucked into the sky by the lack of a ceiling. I'm not sure if she's seen rain yet, but if so she hasn't seen enough to know it for a regular occurrence rather than a once-in-a-lifetime event.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

[Eastside - Surface]

A science question! Sylvia isn't even remotely close to partial enlightenment in that academic field (or any academic field come to think of it), but she does know that if she jumps up into the air something pulls her back down again. People aren't randomly blown into the wild blue yonder or anything under normal conditions, at least not in her experience. No matter! On the other hand, the second question will a piece of cake for her to answer!

"Ah, don't worry about it, love."

Sylvia reassuringly coos and attempts to gently squeeze Charynrae's hand.

"I lived up here for a long, long time ssso I believe me when I promissse that we have nothing to fear from the sssky. It cannot fall on usss or sssweep usss off of our feet without giving usss fair warning and it can't lift usss off of the ground becaussse sssome natural force wantsss to keep us rooted to it!"

"And rain comes from flying animalsss biting those puffy white and black things up in the air!"

Sylvia points at the clouds lazily drifting across the midday sky.

"That'sss where sssnow comesss from too!"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside Surface

"OK. If you're sure." Charynrae still sounds nervous, and she won't stop gripping Sylvia's hand as tightly as she is.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wildside]

Scora slithers out of where she was hiding and lies across a branch again. She gives the two of them a toothy grin. "Oooh, so I'm in charge, huh?" She likes the sound of this.

[Evolution Industries]

A luxury car stops outside of the Evolution Industries building. Ramiro steps outside and glances down at his watch. Fifteen minutes for the meeting he'd scheduled the day before. The vampire straightens his suit and walks inside. "I have a meeting with Mr Halley." He tells the receptionist (or whoever it is that looks to be the person to talk to.)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Westside

"No. I'm on my way to a pub in Eastside- Weird William's. I'm accepted there, but I doubt you would be. Just, be aware that Riverside can be a dangerous place at times, and you are likely to upset people with your anti-technology field. Though you should at least be safe from the slavers that occasionally snatch homeless people- they use vans and advanced weaponry." Weird William's is a lycanthrope bar. Mateo is accepted because he enjoys hunting and has joined several werewolf bands in the past.
    "Thank you, young man. I will tread softly," Caesa says, nodding as respectfully as an old woman can. Or at least what appears to be an old woman. With that, she'll start to move on, walking off down the sidewalk and shutting things off as she goes.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Wildside

Lenai's mouth twists as she thinks, taking a few moments to let Jeanne stew before she responds, "I shudder to think what opinions would develop in her under your influence if you are so quick to judge and insult me before you saw me, but it is ultimately not my choice. Scora let you in here in exchange for a story, so you are her responsibility until the story is finished being told. Your actions will reflect on her, and she will share your punishments if you harm anything within the forest. If she asks you to leave, I will enforce her wish, but until then you may stay at her pleasure and not have to answer to me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wildside]

Scora slithers out of where she was hiding and lies across a branch again. She gives the two of them a toothy grin. "Oooh, so I'm in charge, huh?" She likes the sound of this.

Jeanne turns and bows to Scora. "At your ladyship's pleasure," she says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #76

((Sorry if I kept you waiting was away for a day))

[Eastside - Hunter Headquarters]

"They are trying to-" "My business-" The two demons start, the woman resigning with a dreary sigh as Tarim points an accusing finger at the building behind her.

"They have the nerve to actually charge people to become corrupted! In the middle of the city!" The pit lord roars.

As he seem to be done the woman raises her finger, "...if I may. I'm not trying to 'corrupt' anyone. My name is Tibatha Rosewood and I'm just trying to sell a service here. I didn't realize there was such controversy in it however, from what I had heard, the nexus was a liberal place to live in, but these goons have proved the opposite." She says with a gesture towards Tarim and his followers.
    [Eastside - Hunter Headquarters]

The winged man Jeu(who needs a post in the directory) stands by the others. The pit lord may have noticed that the winged man didn't show any 'normal' reactions a celestrial beeing would show off in this case. Something the demon may not have seen before.

"Sir we should I hear out the people?"
    he asks the leader.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-12-02 at 07:46 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside - Disturbance]

"They are trying to-" "My business-" The two demons start, the woman resigning with a dreary sigh as Tarim points an accusing finger at the building behind her.

"They have the nerve to actually charge people to become corrupted! In the middle of the city!" The pit lord roars.

As he seem to be done the woman raises her finger, "...if I may. I'm not trying to 'corrupt' anyone. My name is Tibatha Rosewood and I'm just trying to sell a service here. I didn't realize there was such controversy in it however, from what I had heard, the nexus was a liberal place to live in, but these goons have proved the opposite." She says with a gesture towards Tarim and his followers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Eastside - Disturbance]

The winged man Jeu(who needs a post in the directory) stands by the others. The pit lord may have noticed that the winged man didn't show any 'normal' reactions a celestrial beeing would show off in this case. Something the demon may not have seen before.

"Sir we should I hear out the people?"
    he asks the leader.
    "Watch the crowd to see if anyone tries to be aggressive," the Hunter tells Jeu before turning back to the demonness and Tarim.
    "So you set up a clinic in which you modufy people in exchange for money?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #78

[Eastside - Disturbance]

"I'm not sure we are talking about the same type of 'modification' as there are a lot of misconceptions about it. But yes, we transfigure, as is the preferred term, our clients in exchange for money." Tibatha explains but don't get much more said until Tarim takes the word again.

"That we even listen to this demon! This is beyond a shadow of doubt a ploy to let the corruption inside the city walls! No matter how these agents dress it up, the facts are still clear! Don't say you already forgot what the demons already have done to this city?!"" He shouts, making his voice heard far past the crowd gathered around the clinic.

As for Jeu, Tarim don't have much experience with 'celestial' creatures. In his world only 'demons' exist.

The crowd around them looks rather tense, some of them outright angry, seemingly sharing the pit lords resentment of Tibatha's business. None of them look to be armed though (with the exception of Tarim) and those white robes are clearly not made to be fighting in.

[Eadelain's Mindscape]

Astrana will look through any books in the room for anything weird and if she doesn't fit anything cut the connection. Eadelain won't wake up though as the tiefling is preparing another trip into the mindscape now that she know what it looks like in here.

[Mysterious Cavern]

Sekai and the shadow vampire quickly turn in the sound of the splash while the third hooded man seem to look around the rest of the cavern for something.

"Ah, there you are. Don't try to hide now, if you just follow Sekai here back to your compound she will make sure you get clean clothes. The water must be freezing." The vampire states as it gestures to them to come up from the water.

Sylvia, who moved as well when the vampire commanded it seem to find little choice in continuing towards them. Unless Valente drags her back of course.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Okay, we just need to wait a few minutes before they appear." Irena replies and presumably casts some sort of spell as she grunts a bit in pain. "So what's so funny anyway? Is there some vampire in-joke I'm not aware of?" She asks while they wait.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Cavern]

Valente reluctantly walks with her over to them with with Sylvia. He doesn't say anything when they're in plain sight. He's not at all sure how to explain themselves.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia looks concerned at the grunt of pain, but she doesn't question it right now. Maybe it was nothing.

"Back in the kitchen? Nope, I just find it funny how much of a slob you are." She gives Irena a wry smile.

[Outside the Rusty Dagger]

Samona pushes her along for a short ways. She says something quietly into her communicator about bringing the car around. In the meantime, she takes the gag off Jana. "Tell me quickly about this fire vampire."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eadelain's Mindscape

Nothing is found, and the connection is severed. Eadelain remains unconscious, and as thus is godmoddable within reason.

21. - Top - End - #81

The Gutted Fish

No. You're not killing anyone right now. And I wouldn't argue with the guy holding a gun that just punched through thirty feet of stone. This is acceptable. Still only half of what was requested on the wall, but, acceptable. In return we offer a very limited alliance in regards to killing Magtok.

Now, do you actually have any plans for doing so, or were you just planning to mailbomb him until it starts working?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #82

[Eastside - Disturbance]

Jeu takes his time before he goes back to the leader to report in.

"Only the Pit Lord shows some weapons. I can't say if there are any caster or not, but with the current information they aren't hostile."

Speaking just loud enougth so the leader hears it.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside - Disturbance]

The commander nods when Jeu reports and turns to the horned woman.
    "That is, unfortunately, correct. We have seen what demons could do to the people of this city. We cannot ignore this threat. I am afraid we will have to conduct an investigation of your establishment, ma'am," he says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hunter Recruitment Center

A rather slow day at the recruitment center is interrupted by a Krogan walking in. He's in civilian garb... which means he's only wearing low-profile armor under some cloth. His head plate is smoother than most Krogans, and a dark drey color. "Hey, this is the place to sign up for the hunters, right?" He asks as he examines the room.

25. - Top - End - #85

[Outside the Rusty Dagger]

"I can't! I'm running from something!" The frustrated noble exclaims.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Hey, I'm not a slob!" Irena insists. "I mean, it looks pretty okay around here. It's nothing like those houses in the home cleaning shows." She's technically correct there.

[Mysterious Cavern]

Sylvia is completely silent, not saying anything as the two walk into the light. "Are these the two who went missing earlier?" The shadow vampire asks, turning to Sekai who is staring at the two coldly.

"Yes, Sylvia, one of our acolytes and Valente, our newest recruit."

"Ah, yes. The nexus vampire." The vamire turns back to them with a smile and nods politely. "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Lord Harold and regret that we must met under these circumstances Valente. Why don't you get back and clean yourself of and we can talk more later?"

[Eastside - Disturbance]

Tibatha looks rather displeased but nods none the less. "I wasn't aware of that, but if you consider that nessecary officer. I'm not completely unaware of the controversy of this business after all." She says with a look at Tarim who stares at her coldly.

"However, I'd like to request that this 'investigation' doesn't slow down what we're doing here. There isn't even much to investigate yet as these people came knocking on the door as soon as we started to set up the clinic."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-02 at 01:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

A rather slow day at the recruitment center is interrupted by a Krogan walking in. He's in civilian garb... which means he's only wearing low-profile armor under some cloth. His head plate is smoother than most Krogans, and a dark drey color. "Hey, this is the place to sign up for the hunters, right?" He asks as he examines the room.
    The clerks and officers all turn their heads towards the hulking lizard-man who just entered. Even in the Nexus, a Krogan is an impressive sight.
    "This is the Hunter recruitment center, yes. I assume you're here to sign up for the force," one of the Hunters present says.

27. - Top - End - #87

[Eastside - Disturbance]

Jeu has nothing to add right now and will follow the leader.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That's right." He replies. "Figured that I might as well do something constructive, now that there's a legitimate group in charge here."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The Gutted Fish

No. You're not killing anyone right now. And I wouldn't argue with the guy holding a gun that just punched through thirty feet of stone. This is acceptable. Still only half of what was requested on the wall, but, acceptable. In return we offer a very limited alliance in regards to killing Magtok.

Now, do you actually have any plans for doing so, or were you just planning to mailbomb him until it starts working?
    Enshadu had already made sure that the weapon could not pierce the elementium discs that are built underneath the skin of whatever flesh he has left, or the cyborgs actual metal parts, (once again made of elementium). Alright...fine. Maybe later. The other half will come...with time. He smiles slowly, pointless though seeing as the mask covers his face. I am working non three plans. One: Mailbombing, not a very good plan. More to test security then anything. Two: Attack his base...his home, I"ve been engineering a special virus that targets cyborgs, and humans. This will effect everything in that place. I just need access to the sewers underneath, there I can pump the virus into the base using a special fan. The virus will spread out into the air through sinks, bathrooms, showers, anything that connects to the sewer, and within ten minutes, everything in the place will be dead. Personally, I like that plan best. Three: I've been mass producing the weapons you have in your hand. I now have about three hundred of the best weapons ever made, stored at my factory. I just need cheap soldiers. Clones. If you build clones for me, I'll supply them with weapons...better than any you could make. Then we can attack anywhere...even destroy Remnant, those guns go through everything but one kind of metal, and I'm made of it, so don't think you can betray me either. Which plan do you support?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside - Disturbance]

The patrol, including Jeu, will be stationed in front of the facility to keep watch as the commander makes a call to the HQ. After a while, a van arrives from which another team of Hunters exits. They will conduct the investigation. They begin with surrounding the building with police tape and entering it.

[Hunter Recruitment Center]

"Very well. Please step to the office on the left to begin your interview," the Hunter says, pointing to a door in the back.