New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus:}The Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "... Are you still talking to me now or are you talking to yourself? Because I really can't tell."

He did seem to ignore the whole learn how to ask other people bit.
    Enshadu often talks to himself and then switches to talking to someone else mid-speech. What? Yes! Of course I am, now...who is the leader of Remnant? Does she have family...relatives...a loved one perhaps?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Surgical Wing

Hmph. Let's try approach number two then. "Bub, you can't remember somethin' I said ten seconds after I said it. You're forgettin' stuff. Robots don't forget stuff. Not 'less there's something major faulty in their wiring. Hell, you can't keep your own goals straight. Enshadu's threats go ignored, even scoffed at. There's a wall of muscle between him and the bot, and Day's got nothing if not confidence.

"Here, let's do a test- All ya gotta do is, tell me whatcha were up to on the Wall, oh, five months ago, 'round November, let's say, November the 26th. No lookin' now, you're a robot, so, if you're not glitched up inna head, shouldn't be any problem at all.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

"Probably, but you need to do some legwork and figure out this information on your own. Through spies or gossip or breaking and entering or any other method. Being an arch-villain takes effort!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

Zane justs stands there, frustrated and waiting to pounce, Backdraft still circling.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Surgical Wing

Hmph. Let's try approach number two then. "Bub, you can't remember somethin' I said ten seconds after I said it. You're forgettin' stuff. Robots don't forget stuff. Not 'less there's something major faulty in their wiring. Hell, you can't keep your own goals straight. Enshadu's threats go ignored, even scoffed at. There's a wall of muscle between him and the bot, and Day's got nothing if not confidence.

"Here, let's do a test- All ya gotta do is, tell me whatcha were up to on the Wall, oh, five months ago, 'round November, let's say, November the 26th. No lookin' now, you're a robot, so, if you're not glitched up inna head, shouldn't be any problem at all.
    Enshadu chuckles softly, before pausing. Day was right, he had been having memory issues. Reinholdt's virus had done absolutely nothing originally, but the virus was getting worse, and Enshadu had begun to get worried about it. Um....I don't remember ever posting on the wall on November. I believe I was asking Zane to post on the wall for me, because I was still repairing myself. You're correct, I'm not supposed to forget things, it's Reinholdt's damn fault. Annoying little man...Kinda like you. I'm looking for a way to stop the virus. I am glitched, I do have a virus. But I am not going to let you turn me into some kind of minion for you! He then reaches for his other two lightning blades, while simultaneously raising his first two upwards. Now, simple...listen to me. We can go see how everything is going with the Magtok Mission thing, or we can kill eachother.

Meanwhile, with Calublufiok

Hah....right, of course. I'll just have to go disguised...I've created an android, much like me except under my command. Obedient, and deceptive. He will ask to join Remnant, gain their trust. What should I call him? Want to meet him?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure, I'll meet him. Don't know why everyone wants me to come up with the names, though. Yeesh. You should call him... Adversus Exitus."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #97

Surgical Wing

"Welp." Day shrugs. "I tried." And flipping up the plastic safety cover, he presses his thumb down on the trigger of the miniature electromagnetic bomb he's had concealed in his pocket.

A surge sweeps through the lab, more than likely causing anything electronic; computers, cameras, yes, even robots, to short out. It probably won't kill Enshadu directly. But I can't imagine having all the electricity in his brain pulled out of place will do wonders for his motor control. And then things happen very quickly.

Markus ducks low and lunges forward, bringing out his massive arm to try and clothesline Zane off his feet. At the same time, Probably-not-Argon falls back a step and draws his gun, firing off a rapid double tap aimed at Zane's gut.

Possibly-Argon doesn't waste time on small fry minions. When the EMP goes off he goes straight for Enshadu, the impossibly sharp edge of his shortsword producing a whistling note as it slices through the air on an arc bound for E's neck. Now that Enshadu's made of mundane metal, the blade ought to cut through him like warmed butter.

Daedalus? Daedalus just dives for cover.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-03-04 at 08:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Surgical Wing

"Welp." Day shrugs. "I tried." And flipping up the plastic safety cover, he presses his thumb down on the trigger of the miniature electromagnetic bomb he's had concealed in his pocket.

A surge sweeps through the lab, more than likely causing anything electronic; computers, cameras, yes, even robots, to short out. It probably won't kill Enshadu directly. But I can't imagine having all the electricity in his brain pulled out of place will do wonders for his motor control. And then things happen very quickly.

Markus ducks low and lunges forward, bringing out his massive arm to try and clothesline Zane off his feet. At the same time, Probably-not-Argon falls back a step and draws his gun, firing off a rapid double tap aimed at Zane's gut.

Possibly-Argon doesn't waste time on small fry minions. When the EMP goes off he goes straight for Enshadu, the impossibly sharp edge of his shortsword producing a whistling note as it slices through the air on an arc bound for E's neck. Now that Enshadu's made of mundane metal, the blade ought to cut through him like warmed butter.

Daedalus? Daedalus just dives for cover.
    Well, shoot. Wasn't expecting that. I'm skipping Zane, seeing as Enshadu is very quickly taken out of combat. The bomb goes off, and Enshadu temporarily loses his motor control. He can't even speak before Possibly-Argon cuts his head off. Whee. Enshadu's head goes flying across the room, and his body collapses downwards. He's shut down, possibly dead.

9. - Top - End - #99

Damn...
    Zane will leap backwards and to the side, away from Enshadu, hopefully dodging the hydratroll and the gunfire, while pulling forth a 3 foot long Elementium rod. Three feet of Fearblaze shoot out of either end of this weapon. Oh, and Backdraft, the cyborg/phoenix will come crashing down, possibly on P-Argon's head.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2013-03-05 at 03:57 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #100

Surgical Wing

Markus' tail whips about as Zane dodges out of the hydratroll's path, trying to grab the pyromancer around the legs and pull him up into the air. Probably-not-Argon is temporarily excused from the fight, clutching the horribly burnt patch of flesh on his face where Backdraft struck him on it's way to the grout,

Possibly-Argon continues his work regardless of the others, trying to drive the blade through Enshadu's chest at three different points, in case the cyborg attempts to stop being dead anytime soon.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure, I'll meet him. Don't know why everyone wants me to come up with the names, though. Yeesh. You should call him... Adversus Exitus."
    Enshadu just smiles and nods. Adversus. We can have his human name be Addy. Explosives were always my thing, I mean....the mail bombs were kinda lame, I admit. But...hey. Now, do you know any weapons dealer's? In the Nexus? Shady ones preferably?

The Surgical Room

Enshadu's shut down already! He's not getting back up! The blade already was overkill. A normal sword could have shut him down.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-03-05 at 04:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Zane splits the rod at the center, now duel wielding blades of fearblaze. He'll attempt to slash at the tail aimed for his legs, if it has no effect, he'll be grabbed...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #103

Surgical Room

The fearblaze isn't entirely ineffective, but it doesn't really do more than sear the hydratroll's outer layer of scales. So, in all likelyhood, Zane's been grabbed..

... Which will likely lead to him being repeatedly smashed into the nearest wall until he stops moving.

14. - Top - End - #104

Zane is smashed into a wall repeatedly, he slowly loses consciousness. Meanwhile, the Phoenix slowly starts to reboot, its wings shifting ever so slightly.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Enshadu just smiles and nods. Adversus. We can have his human name be Addy. Explosives were always my thing, I mean....the mail bombs were kinda lame, I admit. But...hey. Now, do you know any weapons dealer's? In the Nexus? Shady ones preferably?
    "Erin's Emporium is as shady as they come. Also, should I be going forward in your continuity to when you get beheaded or am I just hanging around here?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

"Erin's Emporium is as shady as they come. Also, should I be going forward in your continuity to when you get beheaded or am I just hanging around here?"
    Erin's, alright...I"ll head there next. And, no you shouldn't. That coninuity occurs before we met, I've already talked to Third about what's going to happen and nothing really changed save loyalties. So, this is after that continuity. I get un-beheaded and stuff. Anyay, okay...I need to make an agenda!

17. - Top - End - #107

Surgical Room

After giving Zane a few more introductions with the wall, just to be sure, Markus loops his tail over the minion's chest and neck and starts to squeeze down, like a boa constrictor with it's prey. Shouldn't be long before bones start breaking and the organs beneath are crushed, so unless Zane has some way to survive that or escape before it happens, I think it can be assumed that he's dead.

Meanwhile, Probably-not-Argon catches sight of the pheonix's twitching from the corner of his good eye. Oh no. No you don't. Turning his pistol on the downed bird, he fires twice, then twice more times if that's not enough.

18. - Top - End - #108

Death. So much death right now.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Death. So much death right now.
    Well, Zane is dead for now. Enshadu is one the ground, alive but shut down while his systems repair themselves very quickly. His head still functions. Well, well, well. That was just cowardly you little turd, Day. That wasn't nice at all.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes. Because that's what every robot needs to keep track of his plans. A day planner."

All the sarcasm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes. Because that's what every robot needs to keep track of his plans. A day planner."

All the sarcasm.
    Enshadu just growls. That was a sore subject. Well, due to that damned cat-man I have some kind of virus in my head eating away at my memory. I don't want to forget an important mission. I plan on blowing up that clocktower in inside, with a hostage.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

"I assure you, whatever you think you fought was no cat-man. Have you ever thought about using all this really high-tech sophisticated equipment for curing yourself of the virus, or is all this just to make weapons?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

"I assure you, whatever you think you fought was no cat-man. Have you ever thought about using all this really high-tech sophisticated equipment for curing yourself of the virus, or is all this just to make weapons?"
    Huh? He was called Reinholdt. Damned nuisance, he's going to die next time I see him. Maybe he already is dead. I can't. To cure this virus would require I shut myself down, which is not only painful, but It's a very long process. And I fear I might forget how to reactivate myself...

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Calublufiok shrugs. "I could always reactivate you. And trust me, if you met the real Rein, you'd not be alive. Running. Whatever."

Reinholdt Prime hasn't been seen in a suuuuuuper long time though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Calublufiok shrugs. "I could always reactivate you. And trust me, if you met the real Rein, you'd not be alive. Running. Whatever."

Reinholdt Prime hasn't been seen in a suuuuuuper long time though.
    Enshadu frowns. IF you reactivated me. IF. You could just as easily leave me there and take control of this factory. You know, I've realized something...it's better to blow up objects than try to attack people. You have a better chance of living. The real REinholdt? What do you mean? I did. I almost killed him. Heh.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could just as easily do that with or without you being deactivated." Calublufiok claims.

"I, uh, guess blowing up objects is easier anyways." Doesn't know about better.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could just as easily do that with or without you being deactivated." Calublufiok claims.

"I, uh, guess blowing up objects is easier anyways." Doesn't know about better.
    Oh? You think so? Hm.

It'll at least attract attention, and this Clock Tower thing will be seen across the nexus. A warning....heheh.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"To remember to wind your watch properly?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-03-05 at 08:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #119

Surgical Wing

Self-repairing, huh? That's not about to fly. Possibly-Argon will try punching a few more holes in the chassis and cutting away any remaining limbs, see if that slows Enshadu's repairs down any.

"Pfff. Why do I care what a loser says 'bout me? Loooser. That's what'cha are an' all ya are, rustbucket." Crawling out from the under the table and brushing his labcoat clean, Fay smirks at the disembodied chrome dome. "But hey, geddit out while ya can. 'cause inna second, you're gonna be dancing to my tune and jumpin' on my say-so and likin' it."

Now, time to find what passes for a computing center in here. Fishing a pack of matches out of his pockets, Daedalus lights one and tosses it at the goop sealing the door. It barely touches before the adhesive ignites, roaring up in a blue-green flame for a second before dying down to nothing and leaving the door open.

Carefully, he opens the door and peaks out.

30. - Top - End - #120

The hydratroll might notice thst Zane's body is hot. unnaturally hot...steaming hot. Why? And the blood leaking from his head is steaming...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show