New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars Privateer (IC)

Jetta Nand

Letting Oriana spill a bit about the missions rather than do it himself, Jetta simply walks along. At Jack's question, he pauses a moment before continuing to walk. "Honestly, probably not. It is a rather used ship. Most of us will, but a few may have to bunk it, I imagine."

Spoiler
    Show

Might be a good point to actually have us at the ship, cause I've no idea what the inside might be like

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Crim shrugged.
    "After a few jobs we'll make a name for oursleves, the money will come pouring in and we can have a fleet of ships. If I have to share a bunk to get to that point, I won't complain. Where did we park it. I seem to have forgotten."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post

[spoiler]
    Might be a good point to actually have us at the ship, cause I've no idea what the inside might be like
    [/spoiler
    As I said, the ship is the same model and design as the Falcon, just without all the fancy upgrades.

Spoiler
    Show

Basically this, although you might be missing a lot of stuff. Like the shields.

~Edit~

You guys arrive at the spaceport where you parked. There are regular ships coming in and leaving, the terminals occasionally offering jobs, and people are discussing their work with each other.

The spaceport is probably the most well-maintained part of the city, with the exception of a few rich houses. There are a few merchants in the space port, and when you get to your ship, you find a girl walking around it, examining it. She has blue hair, glasses, and what looks like an engineer's outfit on.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-10 at 02:26 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Jetta Nand

Curious, Jetta stops for a moment to watch the girl. Since circumstances don't see all that dangerous, even with his somewhat suspicious nature, he continues walking toward the ship and calls out, "Hey, blue-hair. What're you doing here?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

Jetta Nand

Curious, Jetta stops for a moment to watch the girl. Since circumstances don't see all that dangerous, even with his somewhat suspicious nature, he continues walking toward the ship and calls out, "Hey, blue-hair. What're you doing here?"
    "Heh, haven't seen one of these in a while." She walks over to you. "Name's Maria, I'm an engineer, specializing in upgrading and overclocking devices to make them perform past normal standards."

She motions to the spaceport. "Most of the starships that come in here are either stolen or are owned by people so rich they're already upgraded. Finding a fresh one like this that's ripe for upgrading and working on? That's rare."

She nods. "Personally I'm getting sick of this planet, but I don't own a ship of my own. My boss doesn't pay me much, and almost all of it goes towards my living expenses. Get me off this rock, and I'm sure I can give your ship a few good upgrades if you can get me some parts. I can't really make this offer to the others in the port."

She points to the 3 other ships stationed. "Unregistered, Owned by a crime lord, Republic Military ship that I'm not allowed to work on. You get the picture."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Oriana looks the girl up and down, trying to get a sense of how honest her intentions are.

Spoiler
    Show

perception to sense deception: (1d20+6)[10]

While trying to get a read on the blue-haired girl, she mumbles, more to herself than to anyone else, "well, it certainly would be nice to have some shields..."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thechosen2nd View Post
    Oriana looks the girl up and down, trying to get a sense of how honest her intentions are.

Spoiler
    Show

perception to sense deception: [roll0]

While trying to get a read on the blue-haired girl, she mumbles, more to herself than to anyone else, "well, it certainly would be nice to have some shields..."
    As far as you can tell she's legit.

"Shields huh. Well those are pretty expensive, but if you upgrade weaker ones instead of using the stronger ones, sometimes you can get better effect overall for cheaper. Of course eventually you run out of room, and need to upgrade anyways, but that doesn't happen until you're rolling in credits."

8. - Top - End - #38

Jetta Nand

He looks thoughtful for a second before replying, "So, why should we believe you can do any of what you say?"

As he waits for a response, he walks toward the ship and begins messing with the entry pad to open the boarding ramp.

As a thought occurs to him, he also asks, "And besides getting you off of this rock, what else would you be asking for pay?"

Spoiler
    Show

Going to go ahead and sense motive as well.

Perception - (1d20+6)[20]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

Jetta Nand

He looks thoughtful for a second before replying, "So, why should we believe you can do any of what you say?"

As he waits for a response, he walks toward the ship and begins messing with the entry pad to open the boarding ramp.

As a thought occurs to him, he also asks, "And besides getting you off of this rock, what else would you be asking for pay?"

Spoiler
    Show

Going to go ahead and sense motive as well.

[roll0]
    "Go to the techshop if you don't believe me. Go ahead, ask me anything."

"Asking for pay? Parts, time, I'm not a magician, I can't upgrade your ship without resources to do so. Believe me if I could upgrade a ship without that stuff, I'd be the richest girl in the galaxy."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

This wrinkle was...interesting. A mechanic that claimed to be capable of upgrading their ship, and all she wanted in return was off the planet? Curious. He put on his negotiator's grin and took out his datapad.

"Yes, my associate makes a valid point. Ms. Maria, do you have a resumé or other proof of qualifications? Not that I doubt your expertise, merely a formality. If we're going to hire you there's a small amount of bookeeping to be done."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just checking, but this girl is human, correct?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noedig View Post
    This wrinkle was...interesting. A mechanic that claimed to be capable of upgrading their ship, and all she wanted in return was off the planet? Curious. He put on his negotiator's grin and took out his datapad.

"Yes, my associate makes a valid point. Ms. Maria, do you have a resumé or other proof of qualifications? Not that I doubt your expertise, merely a formality. If we're going to hire you there's a small amount of bookeeping to be done."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Just checking, but this girl is human, correct?
    As far as you can tell she's human. Might be a changeling (or whatever they're called) or a cyborg. That engineering suit covers a lot of skin, the blue hair doesn't help.

She walks around your ship and starts basically de-constructing it. Going over it's strengths, weaknesses, best upgrades, what they're used for. She then points to the other 3 ships and does the same thing, before long you're convinced, she might know more about your ship than you do.

"And then you just install that part, and boom, increased speed overall, takes a good bit of handling to get used to though." She says, having just explained how to overclock a ship's engines with a few parts.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

A genuine grin split Crim's face. He replaced his datapad and extended a hand.
    "Well Maria, you're hired. Unless any of you have objections?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noedig View Post
    A genuine grin split Crim's face. He replaced his datapad and extended a hand.
    "Well Maria, you're hired. Unless any of you have objections?"
    "I'll upgrade you ship at cost, time is free. Any decently developed planet I should be able to make some decent credits on. This place is horrible for the non-criminals, and non-bounty hunters. That's what happens when you live on a planet run by crime lords."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Cranton

Jack shrugs at the negotiations and walks past Maria onto the ship. "Welcome aboard, Blue. See the galaxy, dodge the crime lords. Go ahead and gather your things, we've got some business to discuss but it shouldn't take long."
    Last edited by Lepre_Khan; 2012-12-10 at 11:36 AM.
    It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.

15. - Top - End - #45

Jetta Nand

Jetta nods to signify he's okay with the new hire as the boarding ramp opens. "So, then, shall we all go inside and discuss our jobs?"

With that, he walks up the ramp and heads toward the lounge area. Once there, he leans against one wall and waits for everyone else to be seated.

"For those who don't already know, we have three jobs: retrieval, delivery, and murder, to be vague and blunt. Each pays separately and upon confirmation of completion," he states as he pulls out his datapad and scrolls over it. "We don't have to do all three jobs, but I don't see why we shouldn't do any of them, especially the first two. Our clients have hired us to break into a warehouse, steal a cache of illegal spice, kill the owner of said spice, and deliver it to another location."

He looks to Crim, "Anything else?"

Then, to the room at large, "Any questions before we dive into planning?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

"That cover's the vast majority of it. I'm also of the mind that we should do all three jobs. The more money, the better. There was also mention of additional payment for future deliveries of said spice. I think it would be wise to see exactly where our target is acquiring this spice. If we get the name or location of his supplier, we may be able to co-opt their cache. That could ensure future cash flow, and provide us with a substantial sum of money. Thoughts?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Oriana follows Jack on board, rolling her eyes Jovially at his welcoming speech. She smiles at Maria, and adds while she walks by, "I have to admit, it will be nice to have another lady on board, even if it's just for a while. I'll give you a tour of the interior once we finish talking business."

Oriana sits down in the lounge area and fiddles with the settings on her blaster while listening to the conversation. She hesitates momentarily before looking up to add her two cents.
    "That all sounds good to me, Crim. My only question is how big this cache of spice is going to be. I mean, are we talking a one-man load, or are we going to need a repulsor lift to get it to the ship?"

"Other than that, I'm just looking forward to a good old fashioned break-in"
    she adds with a grin.

"We wouldn't happen to have a blueprint of the warehouse, would we? If not, we might have to do some scouting out."

18. - Top - End - #48

Jetta Nand

"We have an address. If we are able to check with some sort of city records, we can probably get a floor plan. If not, it is a cheap warehouse, so the floorplan is likely simple," Jetta replies.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Cranton

Jack frowns at the mention of murder. "Who's the target? Is there a bounty available for bringing him in alive?" He pauses for a moment before adding, "Owning spice is no reason for a man to die. I will kill, but I need a better reason."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

"Apparently he's a petty crimelord, and peddles misery to his clientel. He's a cancer to what little decent society resides on this world. His removal will cause no small amount joy, and no tears. I personally view it as excising rot from a wound. I see no problem."

21. - Top - End - #51

Jetta Nand

"To expand on what Crim has said..." Jetta glances at Crim for his vehemence. "Choushin, a small time crime gone not-as-small. No bounty for alive, if by 'bounty' you mean 'we get paid'," Jetta answers. "The goal of our employers is to cut him out of the spice trade in a rather permanent manner. They may be open to us removing him in some other way, but we did not particularly ask."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

You hear a happy squee and hear your R3 unit boot up as Maria discovers the droid. "You have an R3 unit! How did you get it!? These are so rare in the outer worlds! It must've cost you a fair amount! Hey! Calm down little guy I'm not going to hurt you I just want to talk! I can speak droid you know!" She then starts to speak in Binary, and you begin to question your decision to bring her on board. Apparently she does love her work at least.

23. - Top - End - #53

Jetta Nand

Jetta's eyes cross slightly as he hears the binary squealing coming from the girl in the other room.

He shakes his head and continues, "Like I mentioned, that's the one job that I can see some of you having issue with. If it bothers you, speak up now."

He looks in the direction of the noise. "And you, Arthree. Can you look up the blueprints and any other information about the warehouse?"

Assuming R3 will agree, Jetta will upload the information from his datapad to R3 for the droid's perusal.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh. Interesting. Useful too I imagine. How fortuitous.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Cranton

"I won't kill a man in cold blood. Sithspit, Jet, I'm a doctor, not an assassin!"

His eyes widen at the burble of binary emerging from the other corners of the ship, "Who's droid is that and why are we letting the passengers walk around freely while we discuss relatively sensitive matters of business?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Oriana's expression turns darker as the conversation turns to killing.
    "I've had my fair share of dealings with crime lords and drug traffickers, and the way I see it, we'll be doing the galaxy a whole lot more good than harm. It would be my pleasure to put a blaster bolt between the eyes of a dirty-dealing drug lord, but if Jack is against it, we could always just stun him and bring him back with us."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Cranton

Jack lowers his voice as he answers Oriana, "It doesn't seem to me that killing a man's ever done the galaxy a whole lot of good, girl. There's always somebody ready to take his place. But," he adds sharply, raising his voice and looking around at the rest of the crew, "This really is a conversation we should be having in private. For now, I'm going to see that our guests are appropriately stowed. Oriana, can you join me?"

Walking away from the crew, Jack went in search of Maria and the droid. "Glad to see you've made yourself at home, Blue. If you want to put away your things, Oriana will show you to your bunk. You two will have to share a cabin, I'm afraid."

Turning to the droid, he continues, "Come on, friend. Captain's got some question you might be able to answer." Assuming R3 is amicable, he returns to the crew's warroom and closes the door, his concerns about being overheard somewhat mollified.
    Last edited by Lepre_Khan; 2012-12-10 at 06:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lepre_Khan View Post
    Jack Cranton

Jack lowers his voice as he answers Oriana, [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]"It doesn't seem to me that killing a man's ever done the galaxy a whole lot of good, girl. There's always somebody ready to take his place. But,"[/COLOR] he adds sharply, raising his voice and looking around at the rest of the crew, "This really is a conversation we should be having in private. For now, I'm going to see that our guests are appropriately stowed. Oriana, can you join me?"

Walking away from the crew, Jack went in search of Maria and the droid. "Glad to see you've made yourself at home, Blue. If you want to put away your things, Oriana will show you to your bunk. You two will have to share a cabin, I'm afraid."

Turning to the droid, he continues, "Come on, friend. Captain's got some question you might be able to answer." Assuming R3 is amicable, he returns to the crew's warroom and closes the door, his concerns about being overheard somewhat mollified.
    "Right...right...sorry about that." She nods. "I'll just...yeah..go do that." She walks off to her cabin to finish her unpacking.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

The black and silver R3 unit glides into the lounge where the others are having their meeting. It stops in the middle of the room and spins its dome from left to right, scanning the various creatures in the ship.

If a droid could frown, R3-PO would be. This group was hardly what he had in mind when he decided to play his little waiting game. But, they would have to do, for now. Ignoring the strange blue haired girl he turns his dome toward Jetta and wheels a tad in his direction, emmiting a serious of flat beeping tones [I take it you are the captain? And you and your...friends have recently purchased this vessel. Is this correct? I am R3-PO. I've been waiting for a talented crew to take me off this planet. I was designed and built back on Nar-Shadaa, and can offer my technical services. I noticed you have an...engineer,] the droid turns his dome to indicate Maria. [However, I have certain other...abilities you might find useful. For instance, you said something about blueprints to a warehouse? I could probably acquire such an item...provided you don't mind me skirting the edge of what passes for the law on this rock.]
    Last edited by kind_of_a_ROBOT; 2012-12-10 at 07:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

"Nice to have you aboard, R3-PO. 'Law' is a strong word to use, and I don't think skirting it will draw undue attention, provided you are good at what you do. The problem's name is Choushin. Would you please see what you can find?"