New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 7: At the Price of Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Incom View Post
    Gigapause. Next update is going to be the entire rest of the comic.

Discuss?
    Well, let's see how long that should take...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussie
    I don't really have a time estimate here, and am not sure there's any real advantage in coming up with one. It'll just be a while. I also have to allocate some time to work on the Kickstarter game. That didn't stop being a thing I have to do. It's coming along. I'll probably have a more substantive update on that before the end of the year. There hasn't been much to report yet since it's mostly been in a high level planning and writing phase. And firming up tons of legal minutiae. Stuff like that.

But I will say there is something new to watch out for next month. Kind of a secret project I'm involved with, unrelated to MSPA or the KS game. Well, it's technically not that secret. It's only secret if you don't know about it yet. Meditate on those profound words, and keep an eye out for news on this in coming weeks.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot, I'll have to take some time to port the site to a new server. Obviously it hasn't been cutting it the last couple months. So we'll work on that soon. Hopefully the new service will be able to handle the massive heart attack the next batch up updates will represent.
    See you in 2015 I guess
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

:\

whelp.

time to find something else to fill the time until the Final Update.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A world with no more Homestuck updates...
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    You could start over with an epic Archive Binge.

As of last count there are 6851 pages. As there are 440 days until 1/1/2015 you could read about 15 pages per day and be back to where you are by New Years 2015!
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

5. - Top - End - #1055

PirateGuy

If you limit yourself to only one flash per day then you can drag that on even longer.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess the fandom now has time to finish making the anime. The colab might also have time to catch up to the current comic, maybe.

I really hope the update happens sometime during a summer. Suddenly finding out that there's a huge pile of homestuck to read in the middle of exam season wouldn't be fun.

I suppose it'll probably be some 4/13 or 6/12 or possibly 10/25 or something.

Do you guys think that the secret project he mentioned is the Namco dating sim thing?

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Seconded. That's going to be weird as hell.
    Archive binging is my plan for when it's finished. Maybe I'll understand the damn plot better after rereading everything. Or not.
    Also, whatever project Hussie has in mind next.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to be continuing to follow LOBAC. Maybe she'll actually catch up before the gigapause is over!
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    I'm going to be continuing to follow LOBAC. Maybe she'll actually catch up before the gigapause is over!
    I'll quote a MSPAForumite:

Quote Originally Posted by Melonlord
    You know, It just occured to me that this'll end up being sort of a letdown for the livebloggers, if any of them catch up before THE OMNIPOTATO.
    They'll finally catch up, and then throw themselves into the forums, the mystical promised land of joy, insanity and theorizing, ready to join the noble ranks of the forumite serial readers at last.
    Instead, they'll find the gigapause announcement, a ghost town, and the last two people on comdisc having a nepetabread fight or something.
    Despite everything, its still me.

10. - Top - End - #1060

It's amazing how this thread seems to be most active during downtimes. :)

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Aaaaaaaargh I just spent so much time reading all of that why.....

Also, it seems as though the amount of stuff she's posting has really slowed down, she can't even go through a conversation without commenting multiple times at the middle. Hopefully this will happen less after she's introduced to all the characters (though I doubt it due to the amount of stuff to be processed in all of act 5) because otherwise it'll take forever to catch up.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Orc in the Playground

Is it bad that I really want Gamzee to die slowly and painfully now?

He's by far my least favorite character and I'm so tired of him being unkillable and unbeatable.
    "Abase yourself before me, you groveling insect!"-Sutekh.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, your not alone there Czin.

the clown has overstayed his welcome in the town.

thought technically that was true for me ever since he killed Nepeta, but what else is new?

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Nope, your not alone there Czin.

the clown has overstayed his welcome in the town.

thought technically that was true for me ever since he killed Nepeta, but what else is new?
    Has it ever been explained why he can take wounds that have killed actual god tiers before without blinking?

I just want him gone and buried and his grave spat on.
    "Abase yourself before me, you groveling insect!"-Sutekh.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

No no, just……sigh…..clown-mortality….

Me too, Czin, me too….

*makes gravestone reading*:

GAMZEE MAKARA

RIFU

And there was much rejoicing.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    No no, just……sigh…..clown-mortality….

Me too, Czin, me too….

*makes gravestone reading*:

GAMZEE MAKARA

RIFU

And there was much rejoicing.
    Well, he is a bard->minstrel, so he could also be eaten and a hilarious monthy python reference will be made.
    Despite everything, its still me.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

the short answer: Clown magic.

The good-ish answer: as the highest of all landdwellers on Alternia, Gamzee's caste would often be subject to much combat around the planet by unhappy lowerbloods, Seadwellers were all but untouchable as they were royalty, so they did not share this threat against them. Indigobloods however had to adapt in order to survive, as they faced mini-rebellion after assassination after angry flipout, it eventually fell down to only those indigo’s who could withstand high amounts of pain and regenerate rapidly from wounds who would survive. In time, this lowblood-selected trait became prominent in all indigobloods and enhanced as time went on, making the indigobloods all but nigh indestructible much to the lowerblood's dismay. the condy, having been around for all of this, watched this with intrigue, eventually creating a now nigh-indestructible cult of indigobloods to enforce her rule on the lowerbloods and strike fear into them in her stead. some even believed she favoured this small group of indigobloods even more then her own noble seadwellers. this cult would later slowly deviate from it's intended purpose, still serving the queen, but falling to believe their intended-to-be-scary-only makeup was representative of something, creating the clown-gods as a result and the religion evolved from there.

it is important to note that while all subjugulators are indigobloods, not all indigobloods are subjugulators. it may or may not be present that those who are not subjugulators no longer posses this rapid-regeneration trait, this is unknown.

As it was Gamzee, a holder of this rapid-regeneration trait that was present in the creation of our universe, we eventually came to attribute it to all fictional trolls in our mythi, from the old Trolls of yore who would turn to stone in the sunlight, to the more modern D&D trolls who, like starfish, would grow back any missing pieces while said missing pieces would grow back an entire troll, to even the Trolls of Warcraft lore, who possessed a more nerfed version of this ability, only being able to regrow lost limbs and rapidly heal themselves.

now what everyone HASN'T done is attempted to use acid, fire, or decapitation as a method of stopping the clown. as the acid and fire thing are often what Trolls are depicted as being unable to regenerate from, and decapitation just makes sense, then they may actually be successful. Though do bare in mind that gamzee may have a degree of plot armour as he is destined to live with Caliborn for a time, assuming this has not already happened during the battle with Terezi, which it has likely not.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Pixie in the Playground

Can I just point out that as far as we know, no indigobloods are subjugglators, given that canonically indigo is Equius's caste, not Gamzee's. Gamzee being indigo is a fan label.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    the short answer: Clown magic.

The good-ish answer: as the highest of all landdwellers on Alternia, Gamzee's caste would often be subject to much combat around the planet by unhappy lowerbloods, Seadwellers were all but untouchable as they were royalty, so they did not share this threat against them. Indigobloods however had to adapt in order to survive, as they faced mini-rebellion after assassination after angry flipout, it eventually fell down to only those indigo’s who could withstand high amounts of pain and regenerate rapidly from wounds who would survive. In time, this lowblood-selected trait became prominent in all indigobloods and enhanced as time went on, making the indigobloods all but nigh indestructible much to the lowerblood's dismay. the condy, having been around for all of this, watched this with intrigue, eventually creating a now nigh-indestructible cult of indigobloods to enforce her rule on the lowerbloods and strike fear into them in her stead. some even believed she favoured this small group of indigobloods even more then her own noble seadwellers. this cult would later slowly deviate from it's intended purpose, still serving the queen, but falling to believe their intended-to-be-scary-only makeup was representative of something, creating the clown-gods as a result and the religion evolved from there.

it is important to note that while all subjugulators are indigobloods, not all indigobloods are subjugulators. it may or may not be present that those who are not subjugulators no longer posses this rapid-regeneration trait, this is unknown.

As it was Gamzee, a holder of this rapid-regeneration trait that was present in the creation of our universe, we eventually came to attribute it to all fictional trolls in our mythi, from the old Trolls of yore who would turn to stone in the sunlight, to the more modern D&D trolls who, like starfish, would grow back any missing pieces while said missing pieces would grow back an entire troll, to even the Trolls of Warcraft lore, who possessed a more nerfed version of this ability, only being able to regrow lost limbs and rapidly heal themselves.

now what everyone HASN'T done is attempted to use acid, fire, or decapitation as a method of stopping the clown. as the acid and fire thing are often what Trolls are depicted as being unable to regenerate from, and decapitation just makes sense, then they may actually be successful. Though do bare in mind that gamzee may have a degree of plot armour as he is destined to live with Caliborn for a time, assuming this has not already happened during the battle with Terezi, which it has likely not.
    The best answer: because he's wearing that codpiece he got from Kurloz.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

well whenever i call Gamzee purple people think i think he's a seadweller so whatever. replace "indigoblood" with "whatever the nuts Gamzee's caste is" then.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1071

PirateGuy

But... his color really is indigo...

22. - Top - End - #1072

Equius is indigo, Gamzee is purple, Eridan is violet, according to coloUrs and mayhem.

Indigo is a deep blue. Violet is a rich, redder purple.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Pixie in the Playground

Indeed. It's not just in coloUrs and mayhem, there's at least two references in comic- once where Calliope found the parts of the book edited in what we infer to be Equius's blood, and the other where Gamzee is selling the indigo potion.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Our forums very own Gnomish Wanderer is liveblogging homestuck! How cool is that!?

Also, on a whim, I've begun writing trollcops fanfiction. It's surprisingly fun...

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Out of curiosity, what did people speculate Gamzee's aspect was, before it was revealed? I ask because I've got a friend reading homestuck and he's currently at Act 5 Act 2, a bit passed where Jade enters the medium.

26. - Top - End - #1076

ElfMonkGuy

A few people did (jokingly) say he'd be the Bard of Quest. I can't remember any serious speculation, though.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

Down because of the hiaitus?

Watch this.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Orc in the Playground

Here are the storyboards for that project! It contains a few more clips for the same project, but either unfinished or finished, but not included in that video because the parts before it weren't finished yet.

@RandomGuy A few old guesses from tvtropes:
    Bard of Joy
    Bard Of Memory
    Bard of F*ck I Forgot
    Bard of F*ck
    Bard of Quest
    Bard of Miracles
    Last edited by TinyMushroom; 2013-11-05 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

So I was looking at the list of students from the namco high website, and something caught my eye:

Students:
    • Cousin-YOU
    • Galaga
    • Lolo
    • Valkyrie
    • Anti-Bravoman
    • Meowkie
    • Terezi Pyrope
    • Donko
    • Albatross

One of these things is not like the others...

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    So I was looking at the list of students from the namco high website, and something caught my eye:

Students:
    • Cousin-YOU
    • Galaga
    • Lolo
    • Valkyrie
    • Anti-Bravoman
    • Meowkie
    • Terezi Pyrope
    • Donko
    • Albatross

One of these things is not like the others...
    There are going to be three Homestuck characters in the game. We just don't know who the non-Terezi ones are.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me