New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Monster Academy(IC thread)

Luhy ignores London's response- she's said all she's going to for now, to him at least. "Huh...interesting," she says to Rook. "Lucky that you were found by another household of monsters- who knows what could've happened otherwise."

"If you want to watch, Red, go ahead- you already know the time and place, anyway," she tells the shorter girl beside her. "But I doubt you'll have a chance to fight London, here, unless he's an expert at fighting while beaten unconscious."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Only if I take the rosario off," Rook replies, reopening her book.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Red snorted derisively. "Hey, knock yourself out."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Red has no idea what a rosario is, let alone does.
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bean View Post
    Agni was all too happy to keep bobbing along in Cheong's babbling brook of conversation. "Huh? They're not women, they're my sisters. And Yggdrasil is a really really really really really big tree. And I'd love to learn chopsticks."

He took her pen a little gingerly. Gifts back home, at least from anyone in his age range, tended to leak or explode or plunge the house of Lancaster into a civil war. You know, fun little pranks. "What, can't everyone do that?" He grinned and stuck his tongue out. "I dunno about clubs yet. I'm good at music, and maybe there's a sewing club or something. I'll have to see. I like sushi! Are you going to join a club? Where are you from?"
    "I'm sure they'll find someone for you eventually, not be with you." she says with a childish grin. "Sorry, must of translated that wrong. My English is bad. I'll get better though and Wow!" Her eyes lighting up as you describe the tree, "I want to see it someday, I don't think I've seen a tree that big. How do the squirrels even get to the top!? What type of tree is it? Are there acorns? How big are they? How big are the leafs!? Have you ever tried to make a boat out of them? How dark is it at the bottom of the tree?" She continues on enthusiastically for some time, asking question after question, enjoying the topic more than she should.

As her questions wind down, she taps the side of her head a couple times while trying to remember what he said earlier before she went off on a tangent, "I'm from the middle kingdom." A huge wide grin crossing her face before she covers it. "And there are a lot of fun clubs.. I'm not sure which one I'm going to join yet this year. Last year I had a lot of fun swimming, but.. who knows! Maybe we could make a club for singing and sushi! I could even teach you to use chopsticks as the first club activity!"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

"Honestly, I've got no idea - I've only ever seen the roots. I've heard there's a squirrel, though. There's usually light around our Well." Agni's usually pretty quick, but even he's have difficulty not being swept away by the stream of questions.

"The Middle Kingdom? You mean Midgard?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

She gives a faint and fading "Maybe." then falls into silence. Seemingly lost in thought before she gives a weakly secondary reply, "Also called the People's Republic of China." as she eeks out an answer her eyes drift away from his neck out towards the window.

7. - Top - End - #67

Daemon

London turned to Rook, also done with blue-hair.

"I doubt it'll come to that." But I'll still want you there if things go to hell, he added mentally.

To red-hair he replied flatly: "See you, then." He was just making so many new friends today. With all of that said, he buried himself back into The Gallic Wars, unabridged.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    took me a while to figure out how to start up, I've decided to aim for sandboxy, since it's easier to adlib if needed in one

After about a minute more the tunnel finally opens up to a mid sized forest of trees, seemingly in autumn despite the time of year, to the right of the road you can see the coast, mostly made up of cliffs, but with a few sandbars or outcroppings of stone along it.
    The bus starts to slow and pulls up next to a simple wooden notice board, next to a scarecrow-like effigy. Standing beside the sign stands a tall muscular man with unkempt hair and thick sideburns.
    As the doors open he says in a somewhat guttural voice; "Welcome to Yoaki Gakuen, I am Mr. Tem, the physical education teacher here. You have about an hour before classes start, in order to learn the layout of the school a bit. if you have any questions, feel free to ask me."
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni clapped his hands with delight. "I knew it!" He couldn't help but notice Cheong's sudden quiet, but before he could ask, the bus arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    As the doors open he says in a somewhat guttural voice; "Welcome to Yoaki Gakuen, I am Mr. Tem, the physical education teacher here. You have about an hour before classes start, in order to learn the layout of the school a bit. if you have any questions, feel free to ask me."
    Agni jumped up and down, hand thrust in the air. "Oh me! Me! Uh, where is everything? Like, maybe lockers and classrooms first, but also the cafeteria and the gym and the clubs and the pool. Oh yeah, do you have a pool?"

10. - Top - End - #70

Daemon

London slammed his book shut, shoved it into his bag, and waited until the general rush passed before hopping off the bus. At the unkempt hair-man's words, he shrugged and began wandering towards the main building, waiting until he couldn't see any adults before lighting up a cigarette.

He made sure Rook was nearby, or at least within eye-shot. Couldn't have his Rosario-remover wander too far off.

11. - Top - End - #71

Rook shrugs after she gets off the bus and follows after London, no need to stay about here. With her and London both having good memories, they would get the hang of it very quickly.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Luhy places her ritual carefully in her bag, then exits the bus quickly, giving the teacher a quick wave hello. She looks around absently, not seeing much point in staying for the new students' introduction, and planning to head off somewhere on her own.

She's distracted, however, by the energized voice of the blond boy who'd picked up her drawing on the bus, now jumping up and down rather noticeably. He's pretty excitable, huh?... she thinks, watching the boy with an amused smile.

She pauses for a moment. Well, it's not my job to play tour guide for the freshmen, but...hmm, I still want to ask about that magic he pulled earlier. Couldn't hurt to give a little help.

A slim blue tentacle extends from Luhy's hair and taps Agni on the shoulder. "Asking where everything is's a bit of a tall order, you know," she says, smirking. "But we do have a pool, at least. Mr. Tem will probably be busy here for a while, but I could show you where it is. I'll probably be heading over there myself in a minute." She speaks loudly enough for Cheong to hear as well, assuming the blue-haired girl is still nearby.
    Last edited by delta639; 2012-12-14 at 07:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Glad to finally be off of the bus, Red spent a while stretching. Stupid long journeys. Stupid lack of leg room. Glancing around, she spotted London. Best stick around someone she knew. Besides, she seemed to get along with him.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni:
    Tem chuckles slightly at Agni's excitement "There's a map of the grounds at the entrance. I've got to stay here and help other students, but Mr. Kotsubo might be free, you can probably find him somewhere near the kendo club"
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

"Cool!" Before Luhy wandered off, Agni took a quick trip over to the school map to get a quick visualization of the layout.
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2012-12-15 at 04:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Mekboy View Post
    Glad to finally be off of the bus, Red spent a while stretching. Stupid long journeys. Stupid lack of leg room. Glancing around, she spotted London. Best stick around someone she knew. Besides, she seemed to get along with him.
    London raised an eyebrow at the approaching red-head. He blew a waft of smoke in her general direction. "What, you wanna have a go already?" His sounded tired, not eager.

17. - Top - End - #77

Wafting the smoke from her face, Red looked confused. "Course not, pretty-boy. What gave ya that idea?" She paused for a moment. "What's the reason for that?" she said, waving a finger under the cigarette.

18. - Top - End - #78

Daemon

London thought a bit at her answer, then shrugged. As for her question, he took a moment to think, then decided he could tell her at least that.

"The smoke's good on my lungs. They weren't built for clean air."

19. - Top - End - #79

Interest piqued, Red grabbed the cigarette from London's mouth. Holding it between thumb and forefinger, she examined it.

"You have to breathe smoke so you stick burning stuff in your mouth to compensate? That sounds... really dumb."

20. - Top - End - #80

Daemon

London gave the red-head a dumbfounded look, then snatched the cigarette back. "No one asked for your opinion, ginger." He took a quick drag. "Did no one teach you manners?"

He chose not to point out the obvious hypocrisy in the statement.
    Last edited by Astro_sol; 2012-12-15 at 07:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Luhy sidles along behind Agni, bare feet hovering a few inches above the ground.

"Got your bearings straight, kid?" she asks, peering over his shoulder. "I don't think it's too easy to get lost here, but can't hurt to get a look at the map I guess."

"So, the pool's right there-"
    she jabs a finger at a point on the map. "-and I wanna get there soon before the swimming club fills it up. So, c'mon..." She starts floating off in the direction of the pool, bidding Agni to follow her.

"Do you have a swimsuit with you, by the way?" she asks over her shoulder. "Oh, and that girl you were talking to on the bus- Xiaoling Cheong, was it? Or Cheong Xiaoling, maybe...I forget how it works sometimes with all these human languages. Anyway, I think I've seen her around school and the pool a few times- think she'd want to come with us?"
    Last edited by delta639; 2012-12-15 at 07:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

"I dunno, only one way to find out." Agni waved both his hands over his head. "Cheong! Hey! Come with us! We're going to go see the pool!"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

London/Red/Rook(area description):
    London ended up finding a spot away from some of the hustling crowds, just past an outcropping of the building(which looks somewhat old and has a Victorian style to it's architecture, as well as a rather odd shape) facing the woods, which are filled with several odd, and somewhat unnerving decorations, such as dangling ropes(aged as if out here for centuries), what appear to be grave markers, and a large amount of rather unruly groundcover(mostly consisting of bushes and ferns, with moss in place of grass in some spots).

on you way to the spot London settled for, you did see a few interesting students; a rather stocky boy, with an overlarge jaw and somewhat feral eyes, a girl wearing an eye patch, and possessing hair of an odd, brownish-grey colour, walking beside a classmate with dark green hair and completely black eyes, nearer to your location you spotted an older male student--probably a third year--with a tall, but nearly skeletal build, standing near the entrance watching the first-years.
    Meow(Steam page)

24. - Top - End - #84

Red laughed. "Nah. Didn't need 'em at home. Besides, that's what I'm here for, right? To learn how to act all human." She gestured at the woods. "Nice place they got here though. Real friendly looking."

25. - Top - End - #85

Daemon

London glanced at red-head. "Do you even want to act human?"

While she dealt with that, the British boy looked around the school, letting his eyes linger on the students, and longer on the boy with completely black eyes. Aren't we supposed to look as human as possible? Dumbass. They certainly seemed to be going out of their way to make everything creepy. He eventually turned to Rook. "So what do you think? I think it's almost got a charm to it." His face face looked bored, and his tone of voice hadn't changed from speaking with red-hair.

26. - Top - End - #86

"It's interesting, that's for sure," Rook replies, taking note of the students, "but the students here don't know the first thing about hiding as humans," she says, "you need to actually make yourself look like an average human if you want to blend in."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87

Daemon

"I thought that'd be obvious," London replied, much louder than necessary so his voice could carry. "Aren't those supposed to be guys older than us? They must be real dumb buggers if they can't even pull of a decent human disguise."

28. - Top - End - #88

Red scowled. “What’d be the fun in that? If ya ask me, just looking the part would be enough. But no, apparently I gotta learn -” she made air-quotes “-‘proper manners’ and all that junk. Ridiculous.”

With London's outburst, her grin returned. “Aw, look who’s the one making trouble now.”
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2012-12-16 at 04:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Daemon

"Why do you even bother, anyway?" London asked in a quieter voice, honestly confused. Of course, he was learning how to blend in because...he wasn't exactly sure, actually. He'd grown up around humans with his mother, yes, and he'd done just fine acting the anti-social part, and the Rosary helped him keep most of his powers in check. Luhy had been wrong, earlier; he didn't use his powers on humans...at least, not often. There simply wasn't any fun in it. Humans were too weak to be any fun. Rook excluded, at least for the weak bit. Rook was odd like that.

He ignored the "trouble" quip. "I mean, humans make better monster disguises every October. Some of these guys suck worse than humans, can you believe that?" He gave Rook a glance. He'd gotten to the point, he hoped, that she understood that she was an exception to all of this "human" business.

30. - Top - End - #90

"Don't have much choice. If I wanna leave home, I've gotta learn to blend in. Pretend to be human. New body and everything. Real stupid rule - a human couldn't find me if I didn't want 'em to." She shrugged "It's better than staying though. Real boring there. At least I'll have some freedom."