New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default MLP FiM: Bridle Shores Time Bubble thread 2

The Town of Bridle Shores

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress Shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw Mill, Snow cone stand, Dance Academy, and even a Soda Bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment Thread

Locations Covered in this Thread

Dream World. Where all ponies go to in their sleep. Realm of the Nightmares.

Time Bubbles. Plots that do not affect the main plot goes here.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: MLP FiM: Bridle Shores Time Bubble thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Stadium]
    Sandy winced and promptly bonked his head on the snack bar counter. "Y'don't have t'say it so loud..." he meekly moaned. "Why don't you go and fetch a round of root beers for us an' Fox? I've been meanin' t'get him one."
    "Sure!" Silverpine answered cheerfully, not grasping the devious machination Sandy had in store for him. He flew off to the counter and waved for the bartender.

The barkeep, an elderly tan earth pony with greying mane, regarded Silverpine sourly. "What is it?"

"Four root beer please! And make it snappy!"

"You do know that actually sounds very lame?"

Silverpine grimaced. "Well... uhh... yeah. But I always wanted to say that."

"Tourists."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-12-18 at 11:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Spark succeeds in placing his hoof over Beautiful Nightmare's, though she's entirely aware of it. She doesn't say that she is though. She decides to just look up at the sky and take in the beautiful day.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Up up and a wagon!

Well of course she would be aware of it, it was more sneaking it away from nosy wandering eyes, like Cloud's. He smiled and leaned to whisper in her ear. "Hey, do you know how to swim?" He asked, wondering.

For young Garion's pleasure, the wagon rose higher and higher, over the trees as it sailed in the sky at a sight seeing pace. Storm's wings flapped until she caught herself an air current and let herself glide as to not tire herself out too fast.
    Cloud giggled at Garion's reaction and tail swishing.
    "Hahah, you're tail is tickling me."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-12-19 at 02:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Up up and a wagon!

Well of course she would be aware of it, it was more sneaking it away from nosy wandering eyes, like Cloud's. He smiled and leaned to whisper in her ear. "Hey, do you know how to swim?" He asked, wondering.
    "Of course I do. I just don't like it all that much. I'd be willing to anyway though, if you want to." she says with a smile. "I don't really have any plans on what to do there. Maybe sunbathe a little, eat a few sandwiches...that's basically all I specifically had in mind. The rest I'll let you decide." She says.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

[Stadium]

Yes, Sandy's devious machinations to...get Silverpine's attention elsewhere!

Seeing how his not-really-a-ruse worked perfectly, Sandy leaned in and dropped his voice low, so as not to alarm the other patrons. "Can y'do portals without th' otherworldly cacklin'?" he whispered flatly, fixing his eyes on the baker. "I saw what you did t'get them pretzels, an' t'be honest, that didn't quite look like simple, harmless sorcery." His tone wasn't accusatory; rather, it was curious. He wanted to know exactly what was being dabbled with here, but probably didn't want to get him reported.

After all, it's not like he could really arrest him or anything, now could he?

[Chaser Wagon]

Garion sheepishly snatched up his tail with an apologetic look to his Queen. "Sorry! He'll be good now, won't you tail?"

The tail said nothing, and this was satisfactory to him. Hugging his rambunctious tail tight, Garion continued to watch in awe as they flew. Everything looked so small; the tree looked like cotton balls, the roads like little grooves in the dirt, and the houses like toys. And when he looked up, he could see the clouds, not painted in the sky as he had once thought, but actual, wispy, fluffy things way up high! If the wagon ever got close enough, he'd try to reach out and snag a hoofful of cloud.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium Snack Bar

Snickers smirks. "Ah yes, the portal. Well, it's only natural there was cackling from the other side. The dwellers within were quite amused by the prank I was about to pull. Otherwise, I would not have been able to perform it so easily."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Stadium Snack Bar

Snickers smirks. "Ah yes, the portal. Well, it's only natural there was cackling from the other side. The dwellers within were quite amused by the prank I was about to pull. Otherwise, I would not have been able to perform it so easily."
    "The...'dwellers within?'" Sandy facehooved; his only consolation was how up front Snickers was being about all this. If he had been planning nefarious baking deeds, then he probably wasn't going to blab about it. Unless...it was already too late, but that didn't really bear thinking about. "Alright, alright, and what exactly are these 'dwellers within'? Last time I checked, there ain't anything otherworldly about your basic alchemy."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium Snack Bar

"Oh, well, um... Just your basic baking entities and spirits. Sentient pastries. Baked constructs. Mischievous puddings. The... um... Great Old Buns..." Snickers explains, his tone and expression becoming slightly evasive at that last bit.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Stadium Snack Bar - Busted

Sandy's ears perked up, but he forced himself to keep calm. "The...Great Old Buns. I see. Er, w-well, not really. Th-that is t'say, I ain't ever heard of them, but...I think I can imagine what they're sorta like. Kinda." Smooth as silk, that was. He blamed his weak nerves on the looming threat of his meeting with Snow Angel. "I don't suppose they're nice bakin' critters?"

His eyes darted to the ponies pushing in around them, all the innocent folks coming to see a game and have a good time. "We could have this chat someplace a little less crowded, if y'like." If it were any other pony, that would've been a clear, unspoken threat. But Sandy? Even on such potentially grave matters, he felt legitimate concern for Snickers' comfort.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium Snack Bar

Snickers shrugs, and trots over to a nearby corner where there aren't as many prying ears. "They're typically nice. Sometimes they can be a bit mischievous. I mean, me and Cookiethulhu have had tea a few times. Foxglove's met him too. They got along pretty well, actually," he muses with a smile. "Mind you, Cookiethulhu's also got my wings right now. I had to make a deal with him in order to help somepony out. I'll get 'em back eventually, though. Probably at a very amusing or inopportune time, knowing him..." he says with a roll of his eyes.

Gee, this would be an odd and awkward time for Silverpine to trot back up...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Stadium Snack Bar

"....Probably at a very amusing or inopportune time, knowing him..." he says with a roll of his eyes.

Silverpine reappeared with four mugs of root beer delicately balanced on his wings. "Knowing who now?" he asked innocently.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Over Bridle Shores

"I just want to make sure you have fun,"
    He said with an adweebable smile. "Maybe we can build a sand castle...oh....and maybe we can go diving in the lake? Last time I was there I found a shiny coin."

Cloud somewhat listened to their conversation, but to her, it was boring stuff, not much she could use to tease Sparky with. Instead she acknowledged Garion's apology for his tail and nodded her head in queenly acceptance.

Garion would continue to be treated with such nice sights and itty bitty ponies down below.

It would seem that Storm's motherly intuition and that she occasionally glanced back to make sure everypony was still alright, caught sight of Garion's wonderment and leg gestures. She flew up a little higher to a low hanging cloud.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

[Above Bridle Shores]

Garion honed in on the cloud, keeping an eye on their speed, timing his swipe, waiting for just the right moment, until...

*swipe!*

His forelegs swooped out and tried to catch up an armful of the fluffy whiteness. Should it go right through his hooves, however, the motion would throw him off-balance and send him teetering on the edge of the wagon, forelegs waving like mad to regain his footing.

(Not sure how the cloud would behave, so I leave it to the sorta-DM )

[Stadium Snack Bar]

Snickers shrugs, and trots over to a nearby corner where there aren't as many prying ears. "They're typically nice. Sometimes they can be a bit mischievous. I mean, me and Cookiethulhu have had tea a few times. Foxglove's met him too. They got along pretty well, actually," he muses with a smile. "Mind you, Cookiethulhu's also got my wings right now. I had to make a deal with him in order to help somepony out. I'll get 'em back eventually, though. Probably at a very amusing or inopportune time, knowing him..." he says with a roll of his eyes.

Sandy made no effort to hide his relief as the baker gave his assessment. "Y-yeah, well, that does sound like a tricksy sorta thing t'do, don't it? Kinda like dang near everythin' in Bridle Shores when you think about it." He chuckled nervously, half-expecting to have his point proven right then and there. But oddly enough, nothing happened. Weird. "Anyhow, it sounds like you got things under control there, er, at least as much control as y'can. That bein' said..." He leaned in, biting his lip with worry. "Please try t'be careful, alright? Things like that can get outta hoof real fast. If y'things are headed that way, or you find yourself in a jam-"

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine reappeared with four mugs of root beer delicately balanced on his wings. "Knowing who now?" he asked innocently.
    Aaaaaaaaaand there was the traditional Bridle Shores Luck, come to strike when most inconvienient.

Sandy's jaw hung on his last word, drawing out the syllable as his mind raced. "-filled dougnut that don't fit in th' oven, y'could always try a 'lil extra vegetable oil? T'get it t'fit?"

His cheeks squeaked with how wide his fake grin stretched them. "Hi there, Silverpine! We're just...uh, talkin' about a customer. Of Snickers'. At th' bakery." Technically true; although he hadn't known it, Cookiethulu had paid the bakery a visit, thus just barely qualifying him as a customer. The truth curse lay dormant.

For now, anyway.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-12-20 at 01:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Over Bridle Shores

"I just want to make sure you have fun,"
    He said with an adweebable smile. "Maybe we can build a sand castle...oh....and maybe we can go diving in the lake? Last time I was there I found a shiny coin."
    "I'm sure I'l have fun. Building a sand castle sounds like a ton of fun to me, and if we could find things in the lake, even swimming could be fun." Beautiful Nightmare says, though, she's pretty sure she still won't like swimming.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium Snack Bar

Snickers chuckles in amusement, before giving a nod to Silverpine. "Hey Silverpine. Yeah, just talkin' about a friend of mine." He looks back over to Sandy, and smirks. "I assure you, my friendship won't cause any problems. And he's a pretty good customer, too. At any rate, back to our main concern."

Snickers sighs. "What's it gonna be, Sandy? You gonna go for it, or what? And do you want my help, directly or indirectly?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

[Stadium Snack Bar]
    Aaaaaaaaaand there was the traditional Bridle Shores Luck, come to strike when most inconvienient.

Sandy's jaw hung on his last word, drawing out the syllable as his mind raced. "-filled dougnut that don't fit in th' oven, y'could always try a 'lil extra vegetable oil? T'get it t'fit?"

His cheeks squeaked with how wide his fake grin stretched them. "Hi there, Silverpine! We're just...uh, talkin' about a customer. Of Snickers'. At th' bakery." Technically true; although he hadn't known it, Cookiethulu had paid the bakery a visit, thus just barely qualifying him as a customer. The truth curse lay dormant.

For now, anyway.
    Stadium Snack Bar

Snickers chuckles in amusement, before giving a nod to Silverpine. "Hey Silverpine. Yeah, just talkin' about a friend of mine." He looks back over to Sandy, and smirks. "I assure you, my friendship won't cause any problems. And he's a pretty good customer, too. At any rate, back to our main concern."

Snickers sighs. "What's it gonna be, Sandy? You gonna go for it, or what? And do you want my help, directly or indirectly?"
    "Oh, a mutual friend? Heh." Silverpine laid their orders on the table, passing out the mugs of root beer to each one. "Anypony I should know?" he asked casually.

On hearing Snickers' question, his expression brightened. "Oh yes! You're gonna go for it, right? It's your dream and all."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Stadium Snack Bar

Phew. No property-damaging incidents or wacky chase scenes needed. By his definition, a job well done.

"Oh, a mutual friend? Heh." Silverpine laid their orders on the table, passing out the mugs of root beer to each one. "Anypony I should know?" he asked casually.
    Now if only Silverpine would stop trying to accidentally wreck everything. "Uh, no, I don't think you'd know him. An' he's more of a friend t'Snickers, we're hardly acquainted." He fidgeted with his mug, wishing desperately for the conversation to take a different turn.

On hearing Snickers' question, his expression brightened. "Oh yes! You're gonna go for it, right? It's your dream and all."
    Okay, maybe not that kind of turn.

Sandy suddenly became incredibly interested in his mug of root beer, sipping at it and hiding his muzzle in its sweet depths. "Uh, w-well, I've been thinkin' a bit about that. It's n-not so cut an' dry, I-I mean, I wouldn't even right c-call it my 'dream' or nothin', but-"

He noticed the tingling in his throat far too late, with only enough time to stop drinking before the words spilled out: "While I was adamant against it before, now I am simply uncertain as what to do. Either way is something I fear; I fear regret should I not act, and should I meet with her, I am afraid that she will slap me, freeze a cloud on my tongue, stretch out my legs until they're like limp noodles, tie them to some saplings to make a set of tree-nun-chucks, throw the tree-chucks into a tornado and wrap them and me around an even bigger tree, and then she'd build Equestria's largest snow-pony and use that tree as the nose.

"And then maybe slap me some more."

Sandy gulped down a deep breath for his suffocating lungs, and then a swig of root beer for his dry throat. "...s-so, y'know, there's always that t'worry about."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-12-20 at 10:11 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, maybe not that kind of turn.

Sandy suddenly became incredibly interested in his mug of root beer, sipping at it and hiding his muzzle in its sweet depths. "Uh, w-well, I've been thinkin' a bit about that. It's n-not so cut an' dry, I-I mean, I wouldn't even right c-call it my 'dream' or nothin', but-"

He noticed the tingling in his throat far too late, with only enough time to stop drinking before the words spilled out: "While I was adamant against it before, now I am simply uncertain as what to do. Either way is something I fear; I fear regret should I not act, and should I meet with her, I am afraid that she will slap me, freeze a cloud on my tongue, stretch out my legs until they're like limp noodles, tie them to some saplings to make a set of tree-nun-chucks, throw the tree-chucks into a tornado and wrap them and me around an even bigger tree, and then she'd build Equestria's largest snow-pony and use that tree as the nose.

"And then maybe slap me some more."

Sandy gulped down a deep breath for his suffocating lungs, and then a swig of root beer for his dry throat. "...s-so, y'know, there's always that t'worry about."
    Laughter bubbled from Silverpine. "You silly stallion. Is that what you're afraid of? Then we just have to make your first impression an extra good one. Best of the best eh?" He winked and sipped root beer.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Filly Stadium

Fox Trot smacked his chapped dry mouth, that root beer would have been good right about now, just what were the other fellas up to? Ah well, at least the whoop hollering Grills was here. It took a moment but the deafness in his ears began to fizzle away. It felt good to hear again.

He watched the game and booed with the home team scored themselves a point. He did it in pure fun as he wasn't serious about it.
    ===

Over Bridle Shores

It would feel a little bit like touching rather wispy cotton balls. Cloud reacted and bit down on his tail and reeled him back in.

"Oh Court Jester Garion, try not to fall out, I wouldn't want to see you all splat on the ground. Who else will build my sand castle?"
    She laughed and wrinkled her muzzle.

"Garion, are you alright back there?"
    Her mom asked with worry.

Spark watched and shook his heads. Foals He turned his attention back to Smoothie. "Cool, this is gonna be fun." He wondered if there was a gift shop.....nah...probably not....maybe, who knows, he'd have to find out.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

[Over Bridle Shores]

The tail did the trick; Garion plopped back into the wagon with an *Oof!*, falling against his Queen and clutching a leg-load of the fluffy stuff. Shaking himself off - and getting a little bit of cloud on his chin - he lifted his head to call back, "I'm alright, Miss Chaser!" And then flopped it back so he was looking at Cloud upside-down. "Aw, I wouldn't have gone splat. A gentlecolt doesn't go splat when a Queen-lady needs him to build a sand-castle."

"And look! I got us some cloud!" He grinned up at Cloud and offered her a bit of his little cloud. "Feel it! It's just like our pillow pile, but a hundred times softer."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

Snickers chuckles. "Aw come on, Sandy, it won't be that bad. It won't be bad at all! It'll be awesome, and you'll be awesome, and everything will be awesome!" the wingless pegasus enthusiastically proclaims. "And yeah, we can help you get an awesome first impression. I can bake her some cupcakes or something for you to give her. Or, y'know..." he narrows his eyes, and smirks. "The Cookie of Destiny."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Spark watched and shook his heads. Foals He turned his attention back to Smoothie. "Cool, this is gonna be fun." He wondered if there was a gift shop.....nah...probably not....maybe, who knows, he'd have to find out.
    "Yes it will. I doubt there's anything that could make this day go badly."

She is very very wrong. In fact, there's a certain unicorn back at her library intent on making Beautiful Nightmare's day go very badly.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

[Stadium Snack Bar]

Sandy evasively shifted his gaze back to his root beer. Just an hour ago, he was looking forward to a nice game with the guys, and now they were pulling shenanigans to try and get him and Snow Angel togther. Why couldn't the opposite gender make life easier instead of more complicated? Like this mug of root beer; it didn't take a genius to see it was still cold, the sips rarely changed flavor on you, and your biggest conundrum was whether or not to put extra flavoring in. Simple and easy. Nopony ever pulled capers over their root beer.

Because if it were easy, it wouldn't be worth it.

Shut up, me.

"I-I guess a good impression couldn't hurt," the dolt colt admitted. "But if we actually do this, then I don't want anythin' big or braggy-like. I-I want it t'be just me, showin' her that I care. That is...if we actually do this." He grinned sheepishly.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Stadium

Snickers chuckles. "Aw come on, Sandy, it won't be that bad. It won't be bad at all! It'll be awesome, and you'll be awesome, and everything will be awesome!" the wingless pegasus enthusiastically proclaims. "And yeah, we can help you get an awesome first impression. I can bake her some cupcakes or something for you to give her. Or, y'know..." he narrows his eyes, and smirks. "The Cookie of Destiny."
    [Stadium Snack Bar]

Sandy evasively shifted his gaze back to his root beer. Just an hour ago, he was looking forward to a nice game with the guys, and now they were pulling shenanigans to try and get him and Snow Angel togther. Why couldn't the opposite gender make life easier instead of more complicated? Like this mug of root beer; it didn't take a genius to see it was still cold, the sips rarely changed flavor on you, and your biggest conundrum was whether or not to put extra flavoring in. Simple and easy. Nopony ever pulled capers over their root beer.

Because if it were easy, it wouldn't be worth it.

Shut up, me.

"I-I guess a good impression couldn't hurt," the dolt colt admitted. "But if we actually do this, then I don't want anythin' big or braggy-like. I-I want it t'be just me, showin' her that I care. That is...if we actually do this." He grinned sheepishly.
    "What's this about the Cookie of Destiny anyway? How are you going to bake it on such short notice?" Silverpine said, scratching his head.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Over Bridle Shores

"Mommy brings us cloud pieces home sometimes for me and Sparky, I have some collected in a jar, probably in the closet, hidin'."
    She said with a toothy smile but touched it anyway, to her it felt a little different, more solid than it would be to a unicorn or earth pony.
    --

"Hehe...ya might jinx us with saying that,"
    He jokingly winked.

Anyways, they sailed some more over the patch of forest that stood in the way of the outskirts of town and the beautiful crystal clear lake.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

Snickers smiles and gives Sandy a supportive pat on the shoulder. "Hey, you ain't gotta be 'big and braggy' or anything like that. Being yourself is totally the best thing you can do."

He looks to Silverpine and grins. "Nah, no baking needed. I can just fetch it real quick. It's a special cookie that can give Sandy confidence and whatnot. Y'know, help him operate at 'maximum capacity' so to speak, ignoring his fears and nervousness for awhile. It won't change who he is - it'll just give him the confidence he needs to be as awesome as he truly is."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

[Stadium]

"It's not so much you I'm worried about," Sandy admitted. "But...well, Grills' show..." He let that one hang. They'd seen how worked up the chef had gotten over his team; one could only shudder at the thought of him getting worked up over a potential romance.

At the talk of the Cookie of Destiny, Sandy raised an eyebrow curiously. "That does sound pretty swell an' all," he said, stroking his chin contemplatively. "Bein' able t'mean what I say-er, say what I meant, no, uh, say what I mean. Yeah, that'd be pretty nice. Are y'absolutely, positively sure it ain't gonna have any side effects?" He narrowed his eyes at the baker, it all sounded far too good to be true.

[Above Bridle Shores]

Garion would spend the rest of the trip playing with his little cloud. Making beards out of it, nuzzling it, wearing it like a hat, etc. Naturally, every single discovery would be shown to Cloud with great enthusiasm, and urging that she try it too.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

[Stadium]

"It's not so much you I'm worried about," Sandy admitted. "But...well, Grills' show..." He let that one hang. They'd seen how worked up the chef had gotten over his team; one could only shudder at the thought of him getting worked up over a potential romance.

At the talk of the Cookie of Destiny, Sandy raised an eyebrow curiously. "That does sound pretty swell an' all," he said, stroking his chin contemplatively. "Bein' able t'mean what I say-er, say what I meant, no, uh, say what I mean. Yeah, that'd be pretty nice. Are y'absolutely, positively sure it ain't gonna have any side effects?" He narrowed his eyes at the baker, it all sounded far too good to be true.
    "Huh," Silverpine said by way of acknowledgement. "Sandy does have a point. The last time we ate magically enchanted food... well..." He flapped his wings to illustrate.

(Totally no side-effects with the truth spell. No sirree.)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

Snickers smiles. "There will be absolutely zero side-effects from the Cookie of Destiny. It merely gives you the focus and motivation you need to be at your best. No tricks, no nasty after-taste, no fine print. In fact, you even get to pick the flavor. Or, if you'd rather have a brownie or something, I can snag a 'Destiny-fied' version of one of those inside."

"And best of all, it'll probably get Grills off your back," the baker remarks with a grin. "He wouldn't want to interrupt when you're already operating at your best, right? Besides, his schtick is fire. That seems more Spitfire's thing. He'd just get the wrong Wonderbolt's attention."

"Not that I'd mind Spitfire's attention..." Snickers mutters under his breath.