Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Sarone's Skull and Shackles: The Wormwood Mutiny: IC

Minor Role Play Update

Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show

Smiling at 'Lucky' Cas, Jack shrugs. "Still do it from time to time. Was told I had a talent for it. At least, that's what Mum said before I signed on." Looking over at Fipps and the others, Jack shrugs once more.

"What you call paranoia and folly, they see as a threat. About the only thing keeping everyone in line is a keelhaul." Jack shudder at the memory of the execution the night before, then looks at 'Lucky' Cas. "All it takes is a lucky raid for you all to prove yourselves and then Master Scourge would get nervous."

Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

Hearing Gareths question, Sandara smiles. "Unless you want to tell me your name, it's Gladiator," Sandara says, before looking around. "We all have nicknames, just you and your friends have theirs being used more often. As for you, I remembered that you were a pitfighter and brawler during my short stay at Port Peril. You fight for riches, fame, maybe even power and glory. That's why you are called as such. Besides, some one who invests in armor and weapons like you means you don't have much to fight for."

King Tius
    Spoiler
    Show

Hearing the mage's words about the benefits, Tibbs laughs. "Oh, don't get me wrong, Bindy," Tibbs says, before looking around again. "Truth be known, the Captain does have a sorceress on board, an old friend of his. She is the sailing master."

Leaning back, Tibbs takes a drink of rum. "But for now, learn what it takes to be a sailor first. Time may come for you to prove yourself. When it does, several people will be watching."

(OOC: It seems you are trying to Influence Tibbs. Is that the right impression?)
    Last edited by Sarone; 2013-01-13 at 10:39 PM.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, trying to influence Tibbs:

Diplomacy: (1d20+7)[17] (Rum bonus not included because I'm not sure if it applies yet.

Binderal smiles and looks about. "The Sailing Master? Do me a favor and point her out for me tomorrow, would you? I really do appreciate the help out there. If there's every anything I can do for you, I definitely owe you both."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

The Qadiran doesn't dance tonight after downing her rum and meal. The events of the day have more annoyed her than anything else. While she didn't mind working hard to stay alive, listening to that belligerent Aretta and that brute Scourge was grating on her.

She looks for Shivikah and strikes up a conversation with her.

"What IS it with some of this crew?! We've all got our part to play in keeping this ship sailing and yet we're all at each other's throats mouthing off 'bout who belongs and who doesn't!"
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2013-01-14 at 12:56 AM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Gareth approaches the female from last night. "I think we got off on the wrong foot."

(1d20+1)[15] Better be higher than 1 this time...
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cas lets out an exasperated sigh "See this is why you don't press gang people, haven't they ever heard of standard recruitment? Offering incentives and benefits like healthcare so people would sign on normally. You think that if I was competent in a raid they would be overjoyed that they had me at their back but no! People these days, oh well at least I have met a few friendly faces... not to mention a cute swab." She offers Jack a wink.
    Blarg...

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Rugnar

Once he has his rum ration he strolls over to where he sees others in contests of strength. He simply asks, "What's the game and what's the stakes?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sarone View Post
    Hearing Gareths question, Sandara smiles. "Unless you want to tell me your name, it's Gladiator," Sandara says, before looking around. "We all have nicknames, just you and your friends have theirs being used more often. As for you, I remembered that you were a pitfighter and brawler during my short stay at Port Peril. You fight for riches, fame, maybe even power and glory. That's why you are called as such. Besides, some one who invests in armor and weapons like you means you don't have much to fight for."
    "My name is Gareth. And I have plenty to fight for. I fought for myself. Fame and notoriety meant the gangs thought I was to high profile to try and force to join. Riches meant not having to sleep in flea-infested holes. Armor means I don't have to worry as much about knives in my back. But I never invested much in weapons, I just wrapped by fist in leather and iron. Swords dull, and I've seen many 'master swordsmen' disarmed and helpless."

8. - Top - End - #98

King Tius
    Spoiler
    Show

The gnome looks around for a second, then nods. "I'll show you her, but remember, she is a sorceress, not a mage like you."

Yawning, Tibbs then gets up and heads down the stairs to bed.

ArchPaladin
    Spoiler
    Show

When Artazostra approaches the former slaver, Shivikah is talking with a few of the ladies. When Artazostra asks her question, Shivikah excuses herself and guides you off to the sides, crossing her arms when you start talking. "You want to know why, Arty," Shivikah says, trying to keep an even tone. "Look around you. Before you all came aboard, half the crew was pressed into serving, the other hal signing on when they had a chance. Especially to serve one of the rising Free Captains of the Shackles."

Taking a breath, Shivikah shakes her head. "Those that signed on, want to be pirates themselves, captains of their own ships. For most of us, we aren't much cut out for leading or navigating, so they view us as harmles." Looking into your eyes, Shivikah nods in the various crew members recruits who came with you.

"You ask why those feel you and your companions don't belong? It's because they view you as a threat. For you, being a woman and a half-elf is exotic to various people. It certainly didn't help you start dancing last night, catching the eye of pratically every male sailor on board. Makes certain ladies jealous, thinking you might be trying to sleep with the Captain. That can put a snag into several people's plans and such, especially Master Scourge's."

Turning to go, Shivikah looks back at Artazostra. "Arty, you're a good person, so take this advice; Master Scourge is paranoid and sadistic. If he thinks that you can be an enemy, he won't change his mind unless otherwise proven wrong, which rarely happens. He also has the ear of Mr. Plugg, who is equally sadistic and even more arrogant. They will try to turn various crew against you, like Aretta and Fipps, though both didn't like you from the start."

Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show

Smiling at the gnome's perspective, Jack shrugs and laughs. "Maybe, but be mindful; Captain Harrigan had some troubles recently. Don't know much, I was signed on about three days before Port Peril," Jack says, suddenly half paranoid and looks around. "But it seems that the Captain's luck is a bit shaky. Rumor had it that he was trying to take on more ships and thus more crew. Problem is, he si trying to shake the balance of power here and that makes people nervous."

Taking a step back, Jack shrugs. "That's why he pressganged you; no one was going to miss you, and it happens normally enough. Besides, you're either going to die at sea, be it in a raid or or from storms, or you'll survive and get mor epowerful from it."

Shugyosha
    Spoiler
    Show

As Rugnar approaches the guys armwrestling, he sees Fipps and a few other sailors. Asking his question, Fipps looks at him, smirking at the dwarf. "Why, if ain't ol' Scratchpost," the fat man says, a smile on his face, and rum on his breath. "The game, ye see, is call armwrestling."

Gesturing to the barrel, Fipps puts his arm on it, hand raised up. Looking at it, Rugnar notices broken glass and caltrops. "The idea is that with one hand, ye force your opponents arm down, while they be doing the same. First one to bleed or surrender loses."

Lifting his arm up, Fipps looks at a few fellow Sailors, some bleading, others with scars. Fipps and the dwarf named 'Narwhal' look to have the fewest cuts. Crossing his arms, Fipps looks at Rugnar. "However, bragging rights alone aren't enough. We play for bets. You willing to go at it?"

Arm Wrestling
    Spoiler
    Show

Each participant makes a strength check. Winner causes the opponent to take damage from the glass and caltrops on top.

Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

Hearing Gareth's view, Sandara smiles. "A good philosophy, one that would work well when you are on land. Here in the sea, though, be mindful of what you do. You create enemies, like with the Quartermaster." Looking in the directio of her gaze, Gareth sees Grok milling about. I saw last night what you did. Don't intimidate her, because she is more than willing to take you down a peg and have Stitchman work on you."

As Gareth walks to Grok, Sandara follows. "What he means to say that he apologizes, Grok," Sandara says after hearing Gareth's words. "Especially after I told him the Pirate Queen frowns upon those who seek to coerce those who can smite them like a bug. He fears the wrath of the Pirate Queen and wishes to make amends."

Hearing this, Grok frowns for a second, then puts her hand out in handshake. "Very well, if the preistess of the Pirate Queen says so, then I say so as well," Grok says. "And I understand as well, being dragged on on to a ship with out a word to you. Be thankful you are friends with the sword lady and the cooks, otherwise I wouldn't speak with you.

(OOC: If it isn't too much, when you post your characters response, please put in an information exchange, please.)
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Rugnar

"Scratchpost eh... funny... my mother used to beat me harder... and that hurt... yesterday was what I call a wake up nudge."

Sitting down the dwarf looks at the others and says "Looks simple enough." With an arm on the table he accepts the challenge by placing two gold coins in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[16] strength check
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2013-01-15 at 01:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* "I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation. I'm no good person, Shiv. If I were I'd have stayed in Qadira and done my grandfather's bidding or become a Sarenite. I didn't just leave to find my father. I wanted to explore. I wanted to gamble and curse. I wanted to stuff myself with pork and guzzle alcohol till I passed out. I wanted to enjoy the company of any man or woman that took my fancy. I wanted to enjoy everything that my grandfather said was sinful and wicked, because it all sounded like so much fun. And I thought the Shackles would be the place to have that life, even if I couldn't find my father. But the way you describe it makes it sound like being in a crew like this poisons your soul. That you either become a cruel wretch who takes his anger out on the weake or a dead wretch who was killed by someone crueller, doesn't matter if you're a captain or a crewman. If this is what serving an up-and-coming Free Captain is like, then why, by the Three Stings, does ANYONE want to sign on?"
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

11. - Top - End - #101

Shugosha
    Spoiler
    Show

As Rugnar takes his spot, Fipps puts two coins on the barrel next to Rugnar's wager and stands up. "I'm going to make this fair," the fat man says, stretching a bit. "Let it be the battle of the dwarves. 'Narwhal', care to take the spot?

Immediately, the big nosed dwarf steps forward and takes his spot. Once seated, he puts his hand forward, grasping Rugnar's. Placing himself in the middle and holding the clenched hands, Fipps takes a look around. "Ready? BEGIN!"

Though 'narwhal' tries to bring Rugnar's hand down, the brawler quickly turns it to his advantage. With a grunt, Rugnar bring 'Narwhl's' hand up, over, and down the barrel, impaling the dwarf's forearm and hand in shards of glass.

"Bah, you said these guys were pushovers,", 'Narwhal' says, holding his bleeding arm when the carpenter steps and starts removing bits of glass and caltrops from the dwarf's arm. Sighing at the damage, 'Narwhal' looks at Rugnar. "At least we know my 'cousin' gives our people a good name in strength and such."

Looking at the defeated dwarf, Fipps sneers and cusses at him. "Bah, you probably let him when, being a dwarf and all," Fipps says, before turning to Rugnar. "Don't know if you two were scamming us or not, but I won't deal with it."

(OOC: Fipps and the others head down to the hammocks. You won the bout and gain 2 additional gold. Narwhal and the carpenter are still up for a bit longer.)

Arch Paladin
    Spoiler
    Show

Snorting at Artazostra's story, Shivikah shrugs. "You father should have told you about the Pirates of the Shackles, Arty. Any one can make their fame and fortune, but it's what you do to get it that counts. As for crews and captains, there are better ones out there, as well as worse ones. The good ones, though, tend to get themselves turned into prey unless they especially good at defending themselves. Maybe that's what heppened to you father."

Looking over at the other ladies, Shivikah gives them a nod, then looks back at Artazostra. "As for me, I jumped ship to this one when my old captain was killed in a raid and the firstmate decided to go after more and more slaves as well as rampaging and slaughtering those who resisted. Not my fault they couldn't defend themselves, but he was giving them over to other, darker forces, those who won't just take a slave and work them for the rest of thslave's life."

Getting up, Shivikah heads out to leave. "Should get back. Anything else you want to talk about?"

(OOC: Need to know what your action for the night is, Arch. If it's influence, I need a roll (don't worry about outside modifiers, I'm tracking those)).
    Last edited by Sarone; 2013-01-15 at 06:05 PM.

Favorite Merc Maxims

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Rugnar

Not quiet ready to go to bed yet he asks Narwal, "So how long you be in this rat trap?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"My father was only passing through on his way to Sargava. You've given me a lot to think about, Shiv. Hope I'll see you around."

Spoiler
    Show
    Influence Check: (1d20+2)[6]

I can't wait to get Versatile performance.

14. - Top - End - #104

Cas simply giggles "Oh you silly people, don't worry Jack, just still with me and I'll keep you safe! Now I think it is time for me to get some rest, I bid you a good evening and look forward to future conversations.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth check to get rid of the rum (1d20+5)[8] egads, Cas has yet to roll above a 9 she really is cursed...
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2013-01-16 at 09:59 AM.
    Blarg...

15. - Top - End - #105

Shugyosha
    Spoiler
    Show

'Narwhal' looks at Rugnar then shakes his head. "Been on Wormwood a couple months. Long enough to know I don't much care for certain crew." Once the carpenter finished bandaged 'Narwhal' up, the dwarf heads to bed.

ArchPaladin
    Spoiler
    Show

Though Shivikah doesn't reply to Artazostra's farewell, the half-elf gets the feeling that Shivikah hasn't warmed to her, but neither has the ex-slaver gone cold.

As the crew start heading to bed, Ezekial and Harold bring the various weapons to the recruits, with Ezekial ensuring Rugnar, Binderal, 'Lucky' Cas, and Gareth get a dagger. "Never no when you might need a weapon or a sharp tool," Ezekial says with a smile. Looking to be sure he wasn't being too overheard, Ezekial leans close to each person.

"Harry and I found some goods that we could trade back to Grok for our gear. If you want to try and spring your gear tomorrow, stop by the Galley and we'll help you out." Ezekial looks up and around again, before srugging. "At least, that's the plan."

DAY 3

The ringing of the ship's bell signals another day on Wormwood. As before, crew start heading up to the top deck, though this time no one tries to stop the recruits, thought the looks from Aretta and Fipps indicate a loathing of the various crew.

When the various crew gets on top, a quick glance indicates that fresh droppings from seabirds and bits of various sea critters are on the decks. A glance at the poopdeck shows Captain Harrigan addressing Mr. Plugg, making motions at various parts of the deck.

As ship's biscuit is passed around, you see various crew milling about, though a glance at Aretta and Fipps chatting with Master Scourge and gesturing at various crew, such as Binderal and 'Lucky' Cas, indicate that the recruits might be the subject.

Shortly there after, the crew report to the various handlers, while Harold and Ezekial head down with to the Galley with 'Fishgut' Kroop, who looks barely able to stand and move.

Riggers
    Spoiler
    Show

As the riggers assembled before the bridge, Mr. Plugg is looking at them, as though weighing each and assigning them some random value. "Good to see you all are here and on time," Mr. Plugg sayas, eyeing Gareth and Varya, "though it seems that everyone know each other. Though honestly, I could care less."

Clearing his throat, Mr. Plugg starts assigning duties. "Barefoot, you and the scholar are on rigging repair. Maheem, line work. Mr. Shortstone, upper rigging work. 'Slippery' Sly and Gladiator, you two are on rope work. 'Ratline' and 'Narwhal', you two are on mainsail duties."

Tasks
    Rigging Repair: Need climb checks to get 30' up and either a Profession (Sailor) or Dexterity check for the repairs.

Rope Work: Handling of the ship's ropes, requires either a Profession (Sailor) or Dexterity check.

Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

Starting on the rope work, Gareth notices that the wild-eyed lady stares at him from time to time, tracing the hilt of her dagger as she does so. He quickly remembers that she was doing this yesterday morning, when she was with the group that was trying to prevent you from getting to work on time.

Sangiune
    Spoiler
    Show

When Varya gets to the rigging, she notices her fellow rigger for today, a female human with flowing brown hair. Barefoot flashes a smile at Varya as she make sher way up.

Swabs
    Spoiler
    Show

Gathering around the Boatswain, Master Scourge eyes Binderal, Rugnar, Artazostra, and 'Lucky' Cas before addressing the swabs. "Looks like a new day and a bad one at that. Master Scourge looks up and around before turnign back to the swabs. As you can see, we had a thrice damned flock of birds come over earlier, and they damned near sunk the ship with their breakfast and dropings. 'Badger', you and Ear-boy have the bilges today. Fipps and Sandara, ratcatching today. Tilly, Shivikah, Qadiran, and Jape, break out the holy stones and mops and buckets. Captain wants the decks done today. Tibbs, Crimson, and Scratchpost, get the rope moving and knot it. 'Lucky' Cas, Rosie, and Jack, you are runners for today. Aretta, you're on repairs."

TASKS
    Man the Bilges: Vile and Sweaty work, it requires a Strength and Constitution Checks.

Swab the Deck: Mopping the deck and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called 'holystones'. Requires either a Strength Check or a Constitution Check.

Hauling Rope and Knot Work: Tying and untying the knots in the ship's ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another. Requires either a Profession (Sailor) or a Strength Check and a Constitution check for Fatigue.

Runner: Relay messages for the crew and officers on ship. Requires a Acrobatics Check and a Constitution Check.
    ArchPaladin
    Spoiler
    Show

Grabbing some of the equipment, Artazostra notices Shivikah is working with the half-orc from the day before that tried to stop you. Tilly, a tough looking female human with shoulder length black hair, starts using the holy stones to get the bird droppings off the deck.

About halfway through the shift, Captain Harrigan heads to his quarter. Master quickly directs the four of you to work on the poopdeck while the Captain is off the deck.

Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show

Working with Jack, 'Lucky' Cas starts her job, but fails to notice the halfling named Rosie until the halfling storms past her. "Blasted half-orc wench," the halfling says. "Not giving me back me fiddle. Fiddle was in my family for decades."

King Tius
    Spoiler
    Show

Heading below decks with 'Badger', you notice that the bilges are hot and humid, but not too unomfortable. You notice a couple of boxes in the bilges with various items inside.

(OOC: Perception check, please.)

Shugyosha
    Spoiler
    Show

Working with Tibbs, who greets you with a smile, and the human male named Crimson, Rugnar starts work on the ropes.

Cooks
    Spoiler
    Show

"Aye, sorry 'bout yesterday, lads," 'Fishguts' says as he leads both men to the galley. "I let the rum go to me head. Though, I do have to say this is the cleanest that the galley ghas been in a long time."

Taking his spot, 'Fishguts' starts cooking when the young lady who delivered the Captain's food walks. "'Fishguts', can you get turtle and fish for today's meal. Captains wants to make sure that everything is good to go incase we need supplies."

Looking over at the girl, 'Fishguts' nods. "Ok, Caulky, I'll have the boys get on it." Turning to both guys, 'Fishguts' nods. "You two heard Caulky. Get to hunting the turtles and fishing. No need to wait any longer."

Tasks:
    Fishing: Using nets to fish, character rolls either Profession (Fisherman) or Survival Check check to fish.

Turtle Hunting: Using harpoons, treblr hooks, and nets to get the turles, character rolls either Profession (Fisherman) or Survival Check check to fish.

Favorite Merc Maxims

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Gareth works diligently, but still finds time to give her a wide-eyed stare and slowly give her a slow and dramatic finger.

(1d20+1)[13]

17. - Top - End - #107

Cas offers a sympathetic smile to the ensensed halfling "I know the feeling, they took my father's compass from me, the only thing I have left to remind me of him. If you'd like I can talk to the 'blasted half orc wench on your behalf, you never know I may have some luck with her. Are you good with the fiddle? I always felt that stories were more entertaining with a little music to accompany them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Influence... time to show that 'Lucky' is really cursed (1d20+9)[10]

acrobatics (1d20+1)[18]
    constitution (1d20+2)[3]
    alright 2 1's is beyond cursed, this forum roller just sucks... I wouldn't doubt that my average roll so fars in this game is 5
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2013-01-17 at 10:06 AM.
    Blarg...

18. - Top - End - #108

Spoiler
    Show
    Using eternal hope to reroll the first 1 for influence YAY GNOMES~!
    influence (1d20+9)[19] That is better but still nothing to write home about blarg!
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2013-01-17 at 10:08 AM.
    Blarg...

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Varya sets into climbing, chatting with barefoot as she scurries up the ropes. "Hiya Barefoot! I like your hair! So what fraction of this ship would say has a serious case of the crazies?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomancy: (1d20)[7] Edit: Alas, was a long shot...

Hurried climb
    Climb: (1d20+7)[12]
    Climb: (1d20+7)[9]
    Climb: (1d20+7)[27]
    Climb: (1d20+7)[23]
    Climb: (1d20+7)[18]
    Climb: (1d20+7)[13]
    Climb: (1d20+7)[26]

Sailor: (1d20+3)[22]

20. - Top - End - #110

Harry feels he's rather getting the hang of this!

"Yes sir, right away sir!" and he hurries up onto the deck to fish for turtles.

Spoiler
    Show

Action: Work diligently
    Survival roll: (1d20+9)[11]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Binderal smiles at his assignment, happy to be working with Badger again. Despite the grueling work of the bilges, he looks forward to the chance to get to know Badger better, seeing as they will have some privacy during their work. As before, he uses Prestidigitation to try his best to keep himself clean during the process and offers the same service to Badger.

"So Badger, how long have you served on the Wormwood? Did you come aboard voluntarily?"

Checks:
    Strength: (1d20-2)[16]
    Constitution: (1d20)[15]
    Perception: [roll1d20[/roll] = 9
    Last edited by King Tius; 2013-01-19 at 10:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Rugnar

The dwarf slips the dagger in his boot before heading up stairs with everyone to begin their day of toil.

He works on the ropes as he has learned before, keeping himself quiet.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[7] pro sailor
    (1d20+3)[10] con check

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Varya continues the questioning, "so... who on this ship do you think is the most trouble? Where are you from, and how'd you end up here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomancy: (1d20)[18]
    Diplomancy: (1d20)[10]
    Diplomancy: (1d20)[8]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

The Qadiran assists Tilly with the holystones.

"So...what brought you to the Wormwood? Who's the half-orc working with Shiv?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to "delay" my attempt to influence Tilly until further along in the conversation. I'm planning on using my Barroom Talespinner trait to grant a bonus to it first, but launching into a story unprovoked would look weird.

For now, here's the Qadiran's rolls for swabbing.

CON: (1d20+2)[18]

Is my CON back to normal from the rum yet, since you said we weren't tracking that for last night's due to shifting the rules?

25. - Top - End - #115

Husky Boi and Sarone
    Spoiler
    Show

After fishing and hunting for the evening meal, Ezekial strikes up a conversation with 'Fishguts' Kroop, swapping stories about meals, cooking, and the like. When Ezekial mentions the various alcohol found and the plan to trade it in, 'Fishguts' thinks about for a second before shrugging.

"Boys, I'd be honest," 'Fishguts' says, checking the various items for the evening meal, "I have not seen two more hardworking lads ina long time. Ever since I left Lobster's Armor and signed up with Capt'n Harrigan, I have been not having a good time." Pursing his lips, 'Fishguts' considers his thoughts for a second.

"Look here, if you need help, I'll talk to 'Cut Throat' about your gear, especially if your friends are having trouble as well. If you two are this helpful to me without complaining, then I figure I can help you out the same as well."

Hearing this, Ezekial throws Harold a smirk, nodding at him as the doctor finishes the fish and starts helping with the dinner. Before long, fish and turtle were ready when the young lady walks into the Galley, giving Harold a nod as she collects the evening meal. Shortly after, Ezekial and Harold help 'Fishguts' with the crew's evening meal.

Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

Though Gareth was diligent in his work, the stares he was returning to 'Sly' just caused the woman to try and keep pace with him. More than once, Mr. Plugg looked upon the two and shook his head, while the other riggers took bets to see how long the two will keep it up. Unfortunately for the ones betting, it lasted till dinner time and neither side was flinching.

Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show

As 'Lucky' talks to Rosie, Jack chips in as well. "Actually, that is a good point," Jack says, taking a brief break from running, looking around before leaning close to the two females. "Sorry, 'Lucky', but I overhead you and your friends talking last night. The new cooks, Zeke and Harry, mentioned trying to get your gear back. Good luck with it, by the way."

Eyes wide, Rosie looks at 'Lucky' Cas. "Girl, you and your friends do that, and I'll gladly help you out." Turning, Rosie quickly goes back to work.

Unfortunately, the running was especially tiring on 'Lucky' Cas, to the point when the bell tolled for the evening meal, she could barely walk, let alone run.

(OOC: Sorry, Morbis Meh, but your character is Fatigued. However, getting your gear won't take long and doesn't count as the Evening Action, so you can still get a full rest for tomorrow.)

Sanguien Penguin
    Spoiler
    Show

Hearing Varya's question, 'Barefoot' looks over at the scholar and laughs. "Thank you, though it's nothing special," teh lady says, doing her best with the ropes, "and as for the crazies, I'm pretty sure we all are to one extent or another."

As the two worked together, with Varya asking questions and 'Barefoot' answering, the day went by quickly.

"Who on the ship is most trouble? Just about anyone, really. You and friends, for one, though that is mostly due to the reactiosn of others. Master Scourge thinks you're after his job, but he thinks that alot of people are, or at least those who aren't toadying up to him, like Fipps and Aretta. Master Scourge also has the ear of Mr. Plugg, who views himself as the big fish when the Captain and the other officers aren't around. Trying to being friendly with them, or with him when doesn't trust you, would certainly get him on his bad side. As for the others, some don't like you because of the way you all are, and others don't care, though you seem like a decent group.

"As for me, I'm from a small village in the Sodden Lands, formerly a fisherwoman until monsters started being a problem. Matter of fact, Jack is my nephew, and we both started plying the trade in order to help our village and families when we fled the monsters there for the Shackles. We signed on to Wormwood about a month ago"

As 'Barefoot' finished, the sunsets as the bell tolls, indicating time for evening meal and entertainment.

King Tius
    Spoiler
    Show

Hearing Binderal's questions, 'Badger' looks at the mage. "Bindy, how about you work as much as you speak? I'm not friends with you." With that, 'Badger' gets to work as she ignores the rest of Binderal's questions.

Quieted, the mage works as well, glad to hear the evening bell and that he could get out of the humid and claustrophobic bilges.

Shugyosha
    Spoiler
    Show

Keeping to yourself, the day goes on until the sun sets, the bell tolls, and evening meal is passed out.

Arch Paladin
    Spoiler
    Show

Through long work, Artazostra and the rest of the group manage to get the bird droppings off the decks and railings of the ship. Mean while, Artazostra is told that the foul mood half-orc is called Jaundiced Jape, who is mute. However, it would be a mistake to call him simple, since he does observe his environment alot.

(OOC: Sorry about the lack of roleplaying for the day time actions, I was a bit busy and was waiting on everyone to post first.)

DAY 3 EVENING

As the crew gather for the evening meal, Captain Harrigan stands at the bridge, giving the assembled crew a glance. Mr. Plugg is standing off to the side and behind the captain, hands behind his back. "I must say, you can't tell if the birds even looked at my ship this morning," he says, looking at Tilly, Shivikah, Jaundiced, and Artazostra and nodding at them. "Good job, you four. Keep it up and you could give ole Mr. Plugg a run for his money."

When the Captain says this, Mr. Plugg shoots him a look, before glancing at the group, squinting at Artazostra and giving the Qadiran half-elf a nasty look. "And that goes doubly for the new cooks. Apparently they were destined to become better than just another swab." Finished, the Captain steps off the bridge, Mr. Plugg follows, giving another nasty glance to Harold and Ezekial, before going into the captain's quarters with the rest of the officers.

"Excuse me, Master Scourge," 'Fishguts' says once the captain's door was shut, "ole Cut-Throat is a bit down with fever and she can't come up. I'm going to need some help with the drink and food."

Squinting at teh cook, Master Scourge shrugs. "Fine, take as many as you need, 'Fishguts'. Just make sure they are back up here quickly."

Nodding at the boatswain, 'Fishguts' looks around, nodding at Ezekial and Harold, who make their way back down. "Aye, Gareth, Qadiran, 'Lucky', Rugnar, Binderel, and Varya, get over here." Once the recruits gather near, 'Fishguts' looks at each. "C'mon, follow me. We need to get the food back up here before we get a mutiny."

Following the cook, the group makes their way to the Galley, where Grok is located in the back, the top half of her door open while the bottom half is shut. "Bah, 'Kroop', you didn't say the whole crew was coming down here," Grok says, before she realizes Varya and Gareth were among the group. "Ah, nevermind then. What can I help you two and your friends?"

While Grok starts fielding questions from the recruits, Ezekial and Harold quickly help get the food up to the crew. Once on top, Ezekial looks at Harold. "Harry, head back down and get the rest," Ezekial says as he starts dishing out the turtle stew and fish fillets.

Quartermaster's Store
    Spoiler
    Show

A relatively cramped space, the Quartermaster's Store has several chests with locks, as well several barrels and boxes with various bits of gear and equipment in them. Bartered items, except for alcohol, can be bartered at 50% of the items regular price, though more mundane items wont be accepted (waterskins, soap, and the like). There are also a few weapons, mostly harpoons and nets, that a PC can see, so theree could be more weapons and equipment.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok. All recruits, except for Ezekial, are currently in the Galley with 'Cut-Throat' Grok and 'Fishguts' Kroop. Harold and Ezekial have a number of items that are going to be traded in as well, so that can help out. If you want your gear back, I'll need a Diplomacy (this is considered giving aid) or Bluff check. As always, roleplay can be helpful, thought don't be rude to either of the NPCs.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One more thing: Talismans can only be used by those pure of heart... Wait, wrong setting. Anyway, New Rules for Rum Rations are in effect (see 1st page of the OOC for details). The "barter" session is not considered your evening action (just something happening during the meal), so you still have the evening action to have influence checks, entertain, or anyother action.

Favorite Merc Maxims

26. - Top - End - #116

Exhausted and not overly observant, Cas looks up and the one they call Grok, aka 'that half-orc wench' by a certain halfling. Giving her best smile despite her fatigue she curtsies "Good evening miss, Grok, how are you on this fine day? As for helping me, well I was wondering if I can be of any help to you, you see I am a fair story teller and I know as much as anyone that being on a ship you need some form of entertainment. I would very much like to be that source of entertainment for you and my stories would become more immersive with a bit of music. I feel that the addition of a violin would add dramatic tension to my tales and overall increase the enjoyment ten-fold. I was told by a fellow swab that you are in posession of such an instrument, so if you would be willing to loan it out for a trial run this evening then you can judge if this is a worthy deal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty... diplomacy, hope this is a good case and hopefully no more ones... having an average roll of 5 for this game is bs lol (1d20+9)[13]

also the performance roll for the evening if rosie is allowed then she can accompany me (1d20+9)[27]
    jeebus... well hope I get some bonus for the RP.... and that Grok really likes stories cuz Cas told a doozie tonight, I may rp the story later.
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2013-01-21 at 09:38 AM.
    Blarg...

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

"So, quartermaster huh? Say, what happened to all the stuff you get when the captain gets new slaves? You don't just toss it over the side do you?"

28. - Top - End - #118

Seeing 'Lucky' curtsy and explain the situation, which Grok returns with glazed eyes, the quartermaster glances off the side before looking at the gnome. "Little one, you don't need to explain. I remember Rosie this morning. But if you say it can help you, then I wouldn't mind letting her use it for a bit."

Turning, Grok gets the fiddle, a masterpiece of art, as well as an oversized coat and a club. "Here are your items as well. I don't think there are that many people who mind you getting your gear back any way."

Giving the gnome a friendly smile, it disappears when Gareth launches his triad. Seeing Grok's face getting darker, 'Fishguts' speaks up. "Hey, boi, back off with the accusations," 'Fishguts says, as he starts cooking, this time with a oversized skillet. "You're down here to get your gear, not being disrespectful. Did they not teach you manners in the pits? Or was your mother a foppish, overpainted, slothful, Galtan whore who weeps when she realizes she was in the a whore house here in the Shackles and not at some palace in the hills with servant and massages?"

At 'Fishguts' words, everyone looks at Gareth, with Grok clearly not moving to do anything for Gareth until he either apologizes or leaves, though the rest of the group can get their gear.

(OOC: Yes, he just insulted your mother, Rhyvurg. I mean, he really insulted your mother. Fighting words insults that results in fights. )
    OOC @Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, your character is fatigued from the work today. If 'Lucky' Cas doesn't go rest early, she'll have to roll for fatigue in the morning. However, since it a good roll, I'll allow it for the next Entertainment check you have. What do you say?
    Last edited by Sarone; 2013-01-21 at 11:19 AM.

Favorite Merc Maxims

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Rugnar

The dwarf grabs his gear with a weary look, as if it might be some sort of trap or trick. Once in had he looks through his bag, check to see if everything is there. All the while he keeps a careful ear out for what might unfold with the insults flying.

30. - Top - End - #120

Cas smiles and accepts her items respectfully and walks back to her bunk. She quickly places her items inside her locker and goes up for dinner seeking to meet up with Rosie and tell her the goods news. "So I currently have your fiddle in my possession... keep it on the down low, I will give it to you later but you have it on the condition of using it to help me perform. Come by tomorrow because I really need to hit the hay, have my grog if you want. Toodles!

Spoiler
    Show
    I am fine with using that roll for the next evening.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2013-01-21 at 12:31 PM.
    Blarg...