New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,423 of 1423
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Culture Explores 40K III: Just As Planned

These guys are acting so Tzneetch aligned that the only way he hasn't taken control of them is if he's deliberately choosing not to as part of some scheme.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    These guys are acting so Tzneetch aligned that the only way he hasn't taken control of them is if he's deliberately choosing not to as part of some scheme.
    Fist: TCE40k-universe has normal!Chaos. Not Super!Chaos that some books and sourcebooks do.
    Second: Chaos Gods are shaped by the emotions of the denizens of the Galaxy as much as they shape them.
    Third: The Culture sucker punched Big T by moving so fast that by the time he got his bearing they actually manged to change the 'theme' of his conceptual territory by having a great number of sentients of the Galaxy for the first time think and dream that they can get out from this hell. Big T has now become more about 'Hope and Salvation' rather then 'Hope and Change'.
    Fourth: At this moment Big T became the silent supporter of the Culture on the Immaterium side of the equation.
    Last edited by Durabys; 2015-07-24 at 04:19 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm referring to the Chaos powered hegmonizing swarm that the last few chapters have been about.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

^
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're Tzeentch's long term backup plan. While he's not actively controlling them, he did foresee something like this outcome when giving the Sorceror his marching orders.

At this point, the Culture don't understand Chaos and just treat the warp in general with paranoia to the point that they are considering assimilating low-warp racial traits from things like the Tau and maybe even blanks. With the other three Chaos gods out for blood, and antithetical to the Culture in all ways except for Slaanesh's pleasure (but not his corruption), extermination conflict is inevitable because the Culture doesn't know enough to be able to hold back.

Down this path lies a calm warp where the Culture eventually learn enough of warp control to seal off the deeper warp with a modified webway built around the entire galaxy (a project they can complete scarily quickly if they learn how) and intercept all soul power via soulstone-like technology. In this end, every major warp native apart from Cegorach dies of starvation.

The Culture look likely to win the conflict because Chaos moves too slow for them, so Tzeentch doesn't put much stock in winning either. Apart from Chaos, there's no one else who can do anything about it.

What to do? Simple, show the Culture there is another way. Presenting a warp-corruption that is distinctly un-Chaos but much more familiar to the Culture's idea of Hegemonizing Swarms, the Culture are introduced to a perspective that the warp can be controlled and can be used for something other than corruption even if you're not an Eldar (and even they barely manage it).

They also end up more powerful and a number of older entities make a comeback. Tzeentch would have to share a bit but he's done that with three other gods for who knows how long already. And it beats being dead.

The Eldar know this but they also prefer this end to the default. So they find themselves somehow working with Tzeentch... which is unusual, if not for the fact that nothing is 'usual' these days.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Can't wait for a new update!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Pixie in the Playground

I liked this story so much I binge read it all this past week and made an account here just so I could tell you I'm excited for the next chapter!
    Last edited by ardvarkeating10; 2016-03-02 at 02:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Pixie in the Playground

hello i would inroduce myself to the tread but since the site continualy says not to i shall skip it

i would like to say that the date i saw of the last update being of 2015 felt like a knife to the harth

i would also like to make a question would reload be effective against deamons and cultists?

if it can cut someone from the warp it could also make a cultist free from influence if it was unconsentual (not of the persons chosing),there have been cases of cultists regretting their allegiance to chaos moments before death as the gods see their falling coming and remove their powers from them , it could work i mean they are alredy utilizing lethal force against chaos

this also makes me think if they would be willing to reload people en mass as a weapon against chaos ,being that ,if you suddenly reload a demon you'd have a normal person as it would break their connection to the warp and there would be very little chaos could do against it ,

daemons though unkillable still need time to reform after destruction , and it would cause chaos to start losing troops at a significant rate even if the person was reloaded only, say 20 times you would need 20 demons per person, and it would force the gods to pledge multiple more resources to any given attack and having a fraction of the impact it would be ethically questionable but a it causes no "permanent" harm ,

even if they were permanently corrupted to the genetic level that would mean the gods would be stuck spending too much power against its own will ,they would either A.leave the person be, B.try and counter attack the culture wich will worsen the problem or C. be slowly chipped away ,they are already utilizing lethal force against chaos ,hey no reson not to try it, or at least discuss it

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Pixie in the Playground

also is the fate of jaghatai khan know in the story?

he was last seen in the webway , most theories about his location are about him being a slave in comorragh , it almost absolutly certain that he would be alive as the dark elder would recognize him and would not kill him as he would be waaayyy to valuable for such , i could see one of the imperium citizens that were assimilated into the culture being imediatly inquisitive about the primarchs fate when informed about the taking of the dark eldars homeworld

his return into the fold would likely be one of the few characters wich should have ben mention at this point ,even if he was dead ,his remains would like sell for a ridiculous price to the highest bidder had preserved to the point of being recognizable
    Last edited by john sturza; 2018-04-05 at 01:16 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Pixie in the Playground

i would aslo like to talk to jseah but i cannot since the site says he has too many responces in his inbox for messeges and i cant sent him e-mails due to only having 3 posts counting on this one

so many questions ,probably no one else in this tread
    Last edited by john sturza; 2018-04-05 at 01:20 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Pixie in the Playground

any ways my sugestions for the story are as follows

warning lots of text ahead

the culture intersepts a distress signal for something call "the tyrant star" and investigate , it would likely peak their intrest even more then the first necron world they encounter, even more if its somehow not warp related

the cultures deals with a c'tan and are forced to utilize the warp to survive (utilizing the psyker woman ,or some navegator that integrated to the culture)

the culture comes into contact with the enslaver, creatures that exist within the warp and are capable of mind control

an exploratory mission to the world of catachan in the same vein of the necron archaeological team (one of my favorite parts)

cypher ,come on he must be doing something interesting or he wouldn't be cypher

the cultures reaction to void whales would be interesting , i don't thing they ever saw native special creature ,they would likely take interest on them

trazyn the infinite rebelling against other necrons and the necron leader giving the culture full permission and garaty of no reprisal to capture him ,given them the reson that he possesses many sapient species as hostage /collection and the being against it should free ,being both an attempt to quench rebellion and gauge the culture military power

the culture discovering opresion of other races within the tau empire such as mass steralization

they come to the theory that works have a variant of psychic energy that is not permeable to the larger warp

there are theories of the hrud being eldar related or having a common ancestor ,this is mostly due to similar appearance through the culture should be able to determine if such is the case with a quick dna scan

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Pixie in the Playground

since i dont know the state of the story i will atempt to write a few pages for the story,this is my first atempt ,and i will only (or atempt to) write continuations for the story

Spoiler: spoiler
    Show
    "alabion wake up in a room ,he had desing that room ,and he did it with but thought he was almost convince he was back into his house in anadros-3 the one in wich the desing in his room had been made to look like

he couldnt belive what he saw -it was almost like a dream to him ,he honestly thought for a few moments that he had died and gone to some form of paradise

so how are we going -said biana ,the nurse the ships capitain-machine spirit as he calld it, had decided would best fit him ,he respected the machine spirit ,even if it didnt call itself that , a abominable intelligence the most devaut machine cult members would call it , it seem tobe remarkably stable ,disconcertingly more than humans

im mostly fine ,your lenguage has been ... dificult yet i dont wish to impose myself by making you speek my lenguage,i am your new neighbour am i not?

oh stop that--she said--i have automatic translators you dont have to deprive yourself of sleep trying to be so polite

my most sincere apologies ,i..--

stop.it.--

fine --he thought for 2 seconds - would you have news from the imperium or, the galaxy at large?

ah yes ,you now you could just ask the Mind that

i would not like to bother the thing that gides the ship with chit-chat about news ,it would not feel right of me

the eldar ship that was persuing you was found , we still do not have news of your sister specificly ,even with all the the slaves they had it likely that she escape

god plese no , i would hope she died in the transport before even reaching the dark eldar world of legend the things that they bring back are not worthy of life ,mahines, made for nothing but suffering--

i see - she thought back at the thing the mind told her about what happen in comorrog, his vision was so fatalist and dehumanizing both equal parts grim and dark,yet she had to agree- still we have no findings of any remains with a genetic profile similar to your

thats a relif , have any of the captives manage to recover yet?--

unfortionatly most of them them are quite damege even with VR treatment they are still quite damage ,lukly most of the people of your world were there shortly ,over 90% of people we manage to rescue spent less the 1 week there ,the people that were there for longer ,well ,they were mostly didnt make it

may the emperors peace be upon them --

in any case we woud like to see if you could help us with something

and what is it --

one of the people we have rescue from the dark eldar shown very little brain damage ,in fact none at all ,that wouldnt be out of the ordinary exept hefall completly outside the patterns of recovery ,he is old ,at least as old as the oldest oldest person from the imperium we ever scan given his hairs carbon-14 dating ,he is extremely geneticly modify ,yet in a completly diferent fashion from the space marines as you call them ,though he has power armour and his compatible with some of the marines we observed ,

"my point is he not only has recover fully in a ridiculous short time span he has also conquer the teray planet we set him on ,its got to the point were its actualy costing the mind a significant amount of prossesing power , he i also very inteligent wich makes the simulation more dificult "

a single words cross the priests mind imediatly " primarch" he spoke as if the word itself rolled of his libs with no resistance--

"im sorry?"

the-the marine ,they are made from genetic material of a single progenitor called a primarch, the one in comarog witch one is it?" he said enthusiasticly

"we were hoping for you to tell us that"

well if memory 2 were in the warp , vulkan was missing , 4 died so the only one i can think would be jegathai khan primarch of the white scars legion

unfinished

earg, that was horrible ,im not that good of a writer apologies if its dificult to read
    Last edited by john sturza; 2018-04-05 at 11:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Pixie in the Playground

aditional idea: would the culture not try in adapt independent empires that are subsections of the imperium such as the Severan Dominate? or the ultramar relm ,as both are so politicly detach from the imperium yet have enuff cohisive structure that it could be change by convincing logal ruling elite to transform

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Pixie in the Playground

apologies if i post too much in here, is that i reeeeaaally love the story