New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: afroakuma's Planar Questions Thread! (You ask, I'll answer)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Speaking of Tharizdun, what exactly is he that makes the other gods quake in there boots?
    A dreadful bore. Seriously, if you ever have dinner with the guy, you'll want to throw him in a Demiplane of Imprisonment too. Doesn't help that he argues about his cut of the bill when the time comes to pay up.

Oh wait, you meant the other Tharizdun.

The Dark God, The Ender, He of Eternal Darkness, the Ebon God, the Black Sun, the Patient One, He Who Waits, the Wrongly Held, the Anathema, the Father of Elder Evils, the Author of Wickedness, the Eater of Worlds, the Despised, the Undoer, the Chained God.

Don't have dinner with him, either.

Tharizdun is a... well he's a thing. In his current form, he is an intermediate power of divine rank 11, bound within the Demiplane of Imprisonment by a coalition of powerful deities. The power he extends is limited and must frequently be focused through one of his artifacts to be employed; however, his current power is vastly superior to the small number of worshipers he possesses, something that should not be possible.

Tharizdun is old. Speculation ties him to the Far Realm, and certainly most of his followers are quite insane, but the nature of him doesn't add up. To the learned of the far-off world of Mystara, he might be described as an Immortal of Entropy... but again, it's not a perfect fit. Perhaps the Dark God is no more than any other divinity, only more ardent in his active pursuit of destructive evil... or perhaps he is something that arose in the cosmology that predated the Great Wheel, an infection from out of time that escaped the dying days of an older order.

Tharizdun is anathematic. His dogma is written thus: "The very threads of existence must be torn asunder, then burned, then the ashes scattered, until all is nothing and no one exists to remember existence." Tharizdun despises existence in each and every one of its permutations.

Tharizdun is insidious. He has no true allies, but has been linked to the Princes of Elemental Evil in one guise (that of the Elder Elemental Eye) and works with major fiends as his unwitting pawns, including Iuz and Zuggtmoy. For millennia, when Tharizdun's worship was all but dead, a wraithform known only as "the Dark God" lurked in the shadowy reaches of the Outer Planes, spreading nightmares and corruption. This Dark God seeded the black diamond that corrupted the fey goddess now known as the Queen of Air and Darkness. It is now believed that the wraithlike deity was an aspect of Tharizdun, an expression of his malevolence capable of moving outside the Demiplane of Imprisonment and acting as a deity.

If the Far Realm is likened to chaos despite not being truly of Chaos, then Tharizdun is its counterpart in relation to Evil. Even the most blackhearted gods and sinister fiends would be averse to working with the Chained God if they knew of his involvement in events. That this entity retains so much power within the Demiplane of Imprisonment, and yet can move and operate beyond it in many guises, is what sets him (or it) apart from other elder evils and inspires dread in the gods.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Has anyone ever told you that you paint a very frightening picture with your details?

EDIT: What planar traits are specific to the Demiplane of Imprisonment? And what happens to anyone that isn't Thurizdun that goes there (beyond the Netherese).
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-01-13 at 05:43 PM.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed, I agree, He is quite Scary when he posts long things like that.

What/Link Are the best Reads for Celestials As a whole?
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    OOo OOOH!

Where/What/Link Are the best Reads for Celestials As a whole?
    Book of Exalted Deeds has a lot of details on them; Planar Handbook is just a good read in general; Manual of the Planes provides good (if basic) descriptions of the Upper Planes.

Of older resources, Warriors of Heaven and most Planescape supplements touching on descriptions of the Upper Planes would be useful, as would the adventure The Deva Spark.

If you need something for 3.5 and aren't uncomfortable with fanon, I recommend going to planewalker.com and downloading their material. It's really well-done.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

OOOOOOO..Thanks!
    Nah, I like/love Fanon, So that is really helpful.
    I swear, this is the last question, The Elemental's as a whole, I find most stuff lacking on them, know any good stuff?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

How do the Dark Powers regulate punishments across the Demiplane?
    Their natures, methods and powers are not known; only the outcomes of what they decide. Each darklord is subject to a few similar conditions, but all have unique and special torments that haunt them.

Can you give me a list of known canon Dark Lords across Ravenloft, there domains and "punishments"?
    Why yes I can. Might be a few fanon things in there, but they should be marked. A few examples to get you going:

• Count Strahd von Zarovich, the vampire lord of Barovia. His curse is to constantly encounter reincarnations of his beloved, and lose her every time.

• Azalin Rex, lich lord of Darkon. His punishment is the inability to learn new magic.

• Dominic D'Honaire, darklord of Dementlieu. He is cursed to repulse and disgust women in proportion to his attraction to them.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think you may have missed the questions I posted at the bottom of the previous page.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 123456789blaaa View Post
    Half-Fiend children of the demon princes themselves or their aspects (or both)?
    The princes themselves, essentially.

Could you list and give some details on the coolest (in your opinion)?
    Well, let's see. Most of the more famous children of demon princes are sired by Graz'zt, who takes "tall, dark and handsome" up to 11 and has lusts to match. Graz'zt's most famous child, with the witch Iggwilv, is the demigod Iuz, a power of deceit and cruelty who resides on Oerth. Iuz is a noted menace to that realm and was also instrumental in Vecna's escape from Ravenloft and attempt to take over the multiverse.

Athux, a half-fiend drow son of Graz'zt, leads his father's armies on the Abyss. His half-brother Arzial, born to a human mother, is a minor baron in Graz'zt's realms. The mysterious Rule-of-Three, reportedly another son, lives in Sigil. Graz'zt's daughter Thraxxia serves as his private assassin.

Demogorgon has a known half-fiend son, a powerful cleric named Drumorg.

How could it be abused?
    Obox-ob is a creature of belief; thus, all parts of him are components of his own essence. Something that could act upon such a caged essence to work against its originator would not be out of the question; for instance, it might be possible to craft a magical item that uses the contained essence to mask the wearer from Obox-ob's senses.

If Juiblex were to take over Shedaklah, would his postion be affected in any meaningfull way? Would he be able to kill Zuggtmoy?
    Juiblex is quite weak as demon lords go. His incursion into the upper regions of Shedaklah was accomplished only because Zuggtmoy was trapped on the Prime. Now that she's back, it's not likely that he could displace her. While Juiblex might draw the ire or praise of other demon lords for overthrowing Zuggtmoy, the gains in status would be limited at best, though he could declare himself Prince of Fungi in the absence of another challenger.

I seem to recall that his realm was originally an infinite sea of slimes and oozes feeding off each other's putrid forms wherein Juiblex lived atop the biggest pile of garbage in the multiverse that he considered his palace. Was there an explanation for this change or was it simply retconned?
    Said realm still exists; it's the lower of the two layers I mentioned. His occupation of lower Shedaklah arose from an alliance with Zuggtmoy, an alliance that has since broken down.

What do you mean when you say that Zargon isn't what Elder Evils claims him to be?
    I mean he does not match the parameters required, and his own history doesn't line up with it either. Not to mention that Asmodeus could have 86'd him easily and still can - and if he were what the book claims him to be, Asmodeus wouldv'e done so, too.

What is the definition of "fiend"?
    It's sort of a nebulous term, but the generally understood rule of thumb is as follows:

• Outsider with the Evil subtype
    • Above-animal intelligence
    • Is "of" a Lower Plane (Acheron, Baator, Gehenna, Hades, Carceri, the Abyss, Pandemonium) - that is, it is born of/native to the plane, rather than a creation of a deity that resides there.

Is an aspect of Tiamat one?
    No.

What exactly is a "True Name"? How would you go about finding out the one of the demon princes or similarly powerfull beings?
    A true name is an esoteric notion; a form of fundamental magic endemic to creation, it is the "password" of sorts to the very essence of an object or entity. To know and wield a being's true name gives you tremendous power over it.

For those who hold with this belief, there exist methods of research and archives of lost and better-forgotten lore in which these names have been recorded, and with sufficient access to these buried secrets, one might find the words that bind the great archfiends.

Is the Dvati race of any particular interest to Demogorgon or Demogorgon's faithfull?
    Nope.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2013-01-13 at 06:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Has anyone ever told you that you paint a very frightening picture with your details?
    Yep! I remember one time, I sent a homebrew creature to visit my party in a PbP game. Two players both came to me on IRC with variants on "Fro, what the hell is wrong with you?"

So pleased.

EDIT: What planar traits are specific to the Demiplane of Imprisonment? And what happens to anyone that isn't Thurizdun that goes there (beyond the Netherese).
    That would be most unknown, though I would suspect it is Major Sucking-Dominant (i.e. it Majorly Sucks to be there). As for what happens to people who enter... the answer would hopefully be nothing worse than horrible, horrible death. It's difficult to reach, though, as its location is uncertain and deep within the Ethereal Plane and it is surrounded by horrors born of the maddened dreams of the Dark God and his insane worshipers.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

OOOOOOO..Thanks!
    Nah, I like/love Fanon, So that is really helpful.
    I swear, this is the last question, The Elemental's as a whole, I find most stuff lacking on them, know any good stuff?
    I know lots of good stuff. Could you give me some direction on what you're looking for?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    That would be most unknown, though I would suspect it is Major Sucking-Dominant (i.e. it Majorly Sucks to be there). As for what happens to people who enter... the answer would hopefully be nothing worse than horrible, horrible death. It's difficult to reach, though, as its location is uncertain and deep within the Ethereal Plane and it is surrounded by horrors born of the maddened dreams of the Dark God and his insane worshipers.
    So just out of morbid curiousity how would you stat out the Demiplane of Imprisonment? The most I'm getting is pretty much negate everything short of Ex abilities like in the Outlands.

Also, how would one go about busting Thurizdun out of the Demiplane of Imprisonment and what would be the results of this (think long term).

12. - Top - End - #522
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm debating dragging up my Etherworld setting for a third rewrite some time soon, since I have time again.

Do you know any good resources on the ethereal, other than the Planescape guide of the same name and the Manual of the Planes/Planar Handbook? Anything with interesting demiplanes that aren't major enough to be campaign settings by themselves and that are accessible from the outside? (I.e. not Ravenloft).
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

I know lots of good stuff. Could you give me some direction on what you're looking for?
    Everything?
    (Elemental Princes, And Really, Really Powerful Elementals?)
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #524
    Bugbear in the Playground

In Faerun, what is the relationship between Ghaunadaur and Juiblex?

Does Shothragot exist in 3.5/3.0? If so, where could I find more information on him?

When you answer these questions, are you going strictly by the book fluff or is this your own personal fanon heavily influenced by book fluff?

Why are the politics of some of the Lords of Hell so similar to a teen-oriented sitcom?

What do you think of Wastri? What can you tell us about him?

Do you think Orcus would fit well as the Demon Lord of Spite (a postion currently held by Eltab) instead of the Demon Lord of the Undead?

How do beings that are not gods (Demon Lords and Archdevils for example) grant clerical spells?

Are their any instances of exemplar's opposed to each other (Demons and the Eladrin for example) having children or having sex with each other?

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

How do beings that are not gods (Demon Lords and Archdevils for example) grant clerical spells?

Are their any instances of exemplar's opposed to each other (Demons and the Eladrin for example) having children or having sex with each other?

Oo! OO! I can say something here!

Archdevils and Demon Lords (Excluding Asmodeas) Do NOT Grant Spells, It is the Cleric's Belief in the lord/Arch That does that.

And I kinda do want to hear a Reply on the...2nd Question, Though, To add something, Would they get the Half-Fiend or Half-Celestial Template?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

So just out of morbid curiousity how would you stat out the Demiplane of Imprisonment? The most I'm getting is pretty much negate everything short of Ex abilities like in the Outlands.
    Well, I wouldn't; it's where you go if you want to commit really horrible suicide. It's the locational equivalent of pissing off the Lady of Pain - stats are "roll up a new character."

Also, how would one go about busting Thurizdun out of the Demiplane of Imprisonment and what would be the results of this (think long term).
    Well that's rather easy: Plot Coupons! Specifically, the 333 Gems of Tharizdun, a scattered collection of minor artifacts that when united could free Tharizdun from his prison. Tharizdun has a lot of other plans on the go; one example can be found in the adventure Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.

As to the results, there was this big long spiel recently about the collapse of the multiverse...

No, what would really happen is an all-out godswar; the gods of whatever world Tharizdun was manifested on would gang up on the Dark God once more, hoping to throw him right back in his cage. Don't try to get around that by dumping him somewhere without native gods; someone somewhere is going to discover him and rally a bunch of friends, Romans and countrymen to Seal some Evil In A Can.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Everything?
    (Elemental Princes, And Really, Really Powerful Elementals?)
    "Everything" isn't tremendously helpful to me. Do you have/have you read the Manual of the Planes?

In terms of Elemental Princes (or archomentals), there are currently twelve known:

• Ben-Hadar, Prince of Good Water Creatures
    • Bwimb II, Princess of Ooze Creatures
    • Chan, Princess of Good Air Creatures
    • Chlimbia, Prince of Magma Creatures
    • Ehkahk, "Prince" of Smoke Creatures (actually a mephit)
    • Imix, Prince of Evil Fire Creatures
    • Ogrémoch, Prince of Evil Earth Creatures
    • Olhydra, Princess of Evil Water Creatures
    • Sunnis, Prince of Good Earth Creatures
    • Yan-C-Bin, Prince of Evil Air Creatures

More powerful than these in terms of raw force are the primal elementals, which don't have influence or renown but are colossal incarnations of their respective elements.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2013-01-13 at 07:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

have it? Yes, Yes I do, Read it beyond Skimming? Nope.
    Though, This might be a really, Really Stupid Question, But Here it goes:

Demogorgon, Being the Prince Of Demons, And Asmodeas Being the Devil Lord/god of Devils, If they where, Say, Perhaps to meet each other, Who would win?
    (Going by fluff, Not Stats)

Elementals:
    Mostly going on how a Empire/City/Etc Attacking Army would work, Or how a Quintessance-Elemental Prince would work.

Also, i rember reading something of yours about..What was it..Dark Angels?
    do you still have those somewhere?
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2013-01-13 at 09:01 PM.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #529
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Im getting too sleepy to cover this one tonight; I'll take a shorter or easier question before I go though
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Has there ever been an official take on, say, Alternate Material Planes or tangential(?) planes that are like the Prime Material Plane but missing or greatly reduced in the influence of one of the Inner Planes or dominated by the influence of one of the Inner Planes to almost the exclusion of the others? Have you ever done a personal spin on such or seen interesting homebrew on the subject?

Like say, a plane with Earth, Air, and water as well as Positive and Negative energy but no Fire or a plane where all of the elements are present but it's sort of metaphysically closer to the plane of fire so everything's really warm and flame-themed without actively being a hellscape or sort of similar to how the current incarnation of Athas is all dry and barren but not actually devoid of life.
    Silly question and all I know, but your response has me curious as to just how oddball my question was.

There was a succubus paladin that fell in love with some flavor of celestial, as I recall. Whether she was ever successful in consummating anything, I don't know whether that was implied one way or another, but there wasn't any mention of offspring.

IIRC, she was sort of an ascended april fool's joke.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-01-13 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I remember one too, but can't for the life of me remember the name of the characters. IIRC, the couple was an Erinyes and some LG celestial that, running from their superiors, took residence in a cave somewhere in the guise of a succubus and a red dragon, respectively, to scare off potential visitors.
    Last edited by Larkas; 2013-01-13 at 09:46 PM.
    Metal Perfection - a template for creatures born on Mirrodin.
    True Ferocity - a simple fix for Orcs and Half-Orcs.
    Monastic Magus - a spiritual successor to the Unarmed Swordsage.
    Pathfinder-ish Synthesist - a simple fix making Synthesist Summoners follow polymorph rules.
    Sword & Sorcery for Sneaky Scoundrels - rogue archetypes/fixes that aim to turn the rogue into a warrior/caster.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Larkas View Post
    I remember one too, but can't for the life of me remember the name of the characters. IIRC, the couple was an Erinyes and some LG celestial that, running from their superiors, took residence in a cave somewhere in the guise of a succubus and a red dragon, respectively, to scare off potential visitors.
    Completely different thing; the Succubus Paladin was published in a 'weird monsters' article that contained shockingly tame monsters. She's notable for counting as every alignment for the purposes of spells and abilities (which is really bad for her).

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh, you mean Eludecia? Yeah, AFAIK, she never, uh, consummated their love, unlike the couple above.
    Metal Perfection - a template for creatures born on Mirrodin.
    True Ferocity - a simple fix for Orcs and Half-Orcs.
    Monastic Magus - a spiritual successor to the Unarmed Swordsage.
    Pathfinder-ish Synthesist - a simple fix making Synthesist Summoners follow polymorph rules.
    Sword & Sorcery for Sneaky Scoundrels - rogue archetypes/fixes that aim to turn the rogue into a warrior/caster.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alright, opposite scenario: Baator comprehensively defeats the Abyss in the Blood War, fulfilling their contract with the rest of reality. Do they:

A. Invest Limbo in siege, seeking to obliterate chaos at its heart regardless of the consequences it might have on the innocent.

B. Do nothing militaristic, but instead engage in some hard-core diplomacy to stop a pre-emptive strike by the forces of Good.

C. Claim cause for war against Arborea and lay siege to the Eladrins as a race, seeking to subjugate their last remaining Chaotic opposition.
    Last edited by Lord_Gareth; 2013-01-13 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it possible for two or more planes to merge?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

In Faerun, what is the relationship between Ghaunadaur and Juiblex?
    Ghaunadaur subsumed Juiblex's cults and uses his name to steal his worship. Juiblex doesn't really care and isn't interested in mixing it up with the Elder Eye.

You seem to be rather focused on Juiblex... would you perhaps be in the market for one of these?

Spoiler
    Show
    Golobile
    Corrupted anarchic half-fiend greater ooze elemental Rogue (Variant) 2/Thrall of Juiblex 1/Warrior of Darkness 1
    Huge Outsider (Augmented, Chaotic, Earth, Evil, Extraplanar, Water)
    HD 22d8+2d6+1d10+225 (338 hp)
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares); fly 30 ft. (average), swim 50 ft.
    Init: +6
    AC 37; touch 14; flat-footed 31 (+23 natural [+5 enhancement], +6 Dex, -2 size)
    BAB +18; Grp +37
    Attack Claw +28 melee (3d6+11 + 2d6 acid + 12 vile, 19-20/x2)
    Full-Attack 2 claws +28 melee (3d6+11 + 2d6 acid + 12 vile, 19-20/x2) and bite + 22 melee (2d6+5 + 2d6 acid + 12 vile)
    Space 15 ft.; Reach 15 ft.
    Special Attacks Acid, disruptive attack, enhanced power, smite good 1/day, smite law 1/day, spell-like abilities
    Special Qualities Black magic oil, damage reduction 10/-, darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits, evasion, fast healing 10, fire immunity, immune to mind-affecting, immune to petrification and polymorph, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10 and sonic 5, sickening slime, SR 35, trapfinding
    Saves Fort +25 Ref +18 Will +13
    Abilities Str 32, Dex 22, Con 29, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 26
    Skills Balance +18, Bluff +19, Climb +24, Concentration +34, Craft (alchemy) +11, Disguise +21, Escape Artist +31, Hide +0, Intimidate +35, Knowledge (arcana) +5, Knowledge (the planes) +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Listen +27, Search +22, Sense Motive +10, Spot +27, Survival +12
    Feats Ability Focus (acid), Boost Spell-Like Ability, Combat Reflexes, Deformity (madness), Improved Critical (claw)B, Improved Natural Attack (claw), Iron Will, Naturalized Denizen, Thrall to Demon, Weapon Focus (claw)B, Willing Deformity
    Environment Infinite Layers of the Abyss (Shedaklah)
    Organization Solitary
    Challenge Rating 20
    Treasure Amulet of natural armor +5, cloak of charisma +6, flesh ring of scorn, 3 doses of salve of slipperiness, 1 ounce of sovereign glue,, 2 applications of universal solvent
    Alignment Chaotic evil

Golobile is the corrupt son of Juiblex and Princess Bwimb, a loathsome, vaguely humanoid fiendish tower of thick, purple ooze that bubbles with yellow pus and viscera. Putrid, toxic and wholly debased, this maddened princeling of slime serves as his father's hand on the layer of Shedaklah, and leads the incursions of Juiblex elsewhere when so called upon.

Golobile is a wretched creature, filled with conflicting and dangerous energies and fluids and possessed of tremendous power derived from Juiblex's essence within him. Golobile contains several magical secretions which he can drool out of his internal cysts, and exudes a deadly reek that weakens those around him. Oafish but fierce, Golobile leads waves of slimes and demons in destructive onslaughts for the pleasure of the Faceless Lord.

Golobile has a +3 inherent bonus to Wisdom and a +4 inherent bonus to Charisma. Golobile speaks Abyssal, Aquan, Infernal and Terran.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency Golobile is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor and shields.

Acid (Ex) Golobile's slimy body is highly acidic and can rapidly dissolve organic material and metal. Any melee hit deals acid damage. Golobile's acid deals 40 points of damage per round to metal or wooden objects. Armor or clothing dissolves and becomes useless immediately unless it succeeds at a Reflex save (DC 38). A metal or wooden weapon that strikes Golobile also dissolves immediately unless it succeeds at a Reflex save. If Golobile successfully grapples an opponent, the opponent's armor must make its Reflex save at a -4 penalty or dissolve into uselessness.

Black Magic Oil (Su) Golobile is infused with a dark enchanted oil that provides him a +10 feet enhancement bonus to his ground and flight movement speeds.

Disruptive Attack (Su) Golobile's natural weapons deal 12 additional vile damage to uncorrupted, living, corporeal nonoutsiders. This damage is reflected in the statblock above.

Enhanced Power (Su) Golobile is infused with corrupt power from the demon lord Juiblex, his lord and father. The saving throw DCs of all of Golobile's special attacks are increased by 4 (this increase is reflected in the relevant abilities).

Evasion (Ex) As rogue.

Sickening Slime (Ex) Golobile's pustulent surface releases nauseating fumes that distract those who are subject to them in concentration. Those within 5 feet of Golobile must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 20) or take a -1 circumstance penalty on attack rolls and skill checks.

Smite Good (Su) Once per day, Golobile can make a normal attack that deals 20 additional damage to a good opponent.

Smite Law (Su) Once per day, Golobile can make a normal attack that deals 20 additional damage to a lawful opponent.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp) 3/day - darkness, poison (DC 26), unholy aura (DC 30); 1/day - blasphemy (DC 29), contagion (DC 26), desecrate, destruction (DC 29), horrid wilting (DC 30), summon monster IX (fiends only), unhallow, unholy blight (DC 26). Caster level 25th, save DCs Charisma-based.

Trapfinding As rogue.

Does Shothragot exist in 3.5/3.0? If so, where could I find more information on him?
    It... shouuuuuuuuld... but it looks like the web enhancement is playing a little game of screw you, we're Wizards of the Coast and we took it down. Which is doubly weird as they left up most other materials for 3.X and this seems to be a specific and deliberate deletion.

When you answer these questions, are you going strictly by the book fluff or is this your own personal fanon heavily influenced by book fluff?
    As much as I can get out of the books, I put down. When people ask for conjecture, I conjecture based on what I'm familiar with. And I use a lot of books.

Why are the politics of some of the Lords of Hell so similar to a teen-oriented sitcom?
    Clarify.

What do you think of Wastri? What can you tell us about him?
    He's sort of a strange notion. I don't do much Greyhawk, and he's not all that prominent even in his native setting, so I don't think much of him. Don't have much to say off the cuff that the Wikipedia article doesn't, though if you have specific questions I'll entertain them.

Do you think Orcus would fit well as the Demon Lord of Spite (a postion currently held by Eltab) instead of the Demon Lord of the Undead?
    Nah, he's much better where he is.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2013-01-14 at 01:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

This might be a really, Really Stupid Question, But Here it goes:

Demogorgon, Being the Prince Of Demons, And Asmodeas Being the Devil Lord/god of Devils, If they where, Say, Perhaps to meet each other, Who would win?
    (Going by fluff, Not Stats)
    Asmodeus.

Elementals:
    Mostly going on how a Empire/City/Etc Attacking Army would work, Or how a Quintessance-Elemental Prince would work.
    I'm not aware of any such thing as a quintessence elemental, let alone an Elemental Plane of Quintessence. Why would there be a prince?

The elemental empires are divided into those of the genies and those of the elemental gods. The princes have comparatively small realms, though many have large sway.

Also, i rember reading something of yours about..What was it..Dark Angels?
    do you still have those somewhere?
    You'd have to be more specific; I don't know what you're referring to, unfortunately.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not aware of any such thing as a quintessence elemental, let alone an Elemental Plane of Quintessence. Why would there be a prince?
    They're listed in the Immortal's Handbook (3rd party might I add) and they lack an Elemental Plane all together as they are created from the fall of a Deity (More or less, they possess the Divine Ranks of the Fallen Deity, HEY! All that Divine Energy has to go somewhere, right?)

EDIT: Or not
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-01-14 at 01:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I love the smell of Bold in the night.

Asmodeus.
    Oh boy, Now people players are going to kill me.

Quintessence is the word I use to discribe all the elements, In one form, As a...Shall we say, Super Elemental.

The elemental empires are divided into those of the genies and those of the elemental gods. The princes have comparatively small realms, though many have large sway.
    Source?

You'd have to be more specific; I don't know what you're referring to, unfortunately.
    Hmm, I guess I will have to look back, you said Something about those on here...

They're listed in the Immortal's Handbook (3rd party might I add) and they lack an Elemental Plane all together as they are created from the fall of a Deity (More or less, they possess the Divine Ranks of the Fallen Deity, HEY! All that Divine Energy has to go somewhere, right?)
    Uhh, not THOSE Quintessance Elementals, See above for my words.
    edit:

AH HA!
    *in my personal canon, there exists a class of evil beings, sathari/anathemas, who are the dark parallel of the angels. Fortunately, they show themselves only rarely and most of them are either sealed away awaiting the end of the Blood War or in service to some very conservative deities of evil.
    Can you give any info on them?
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2013-01-14 at 01:12 AM.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

What was the monster which shows so clearly that something is wrong with you?
    Avatar by the incomparable araveugnitsuga!

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Silly question and all I know, but your response has me curious as to just how oddball my question was.
    Ehh, I just needed to gear up for it. It's far simpler than I thought.

The answer would be: not to my knowledge. Dark Sun has an alternate-ish cosmology which removes the Positive and Negative planes from the equation, but there's still life and death, so...

I haven't personally done a take on it; in HoZ all the Inner Planes were sequestered, but again, the elements still existed. It's an interesting notion, though.

I should point out that in Spelljammer, planets and other celestial bodies are classified by element (suns are fire bodies, solid planets are earth bodies, gas giants are air bodies, liquid planets are water bodies) so there's been groundwork laid for it in the cosmology.