New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Beginning of ends IC

Seraciel

Sera shakes her head at Ray's Empathy. "My friendship with Setsuna-san requires that I respond to your greeting." She says with a straight face. Her response completed, she turns away from the Vindicator.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Ray frowns at the lack of hospitality and finally deeming the assassin a threat no longer, assumes a more comfortable stance. "So what has the Silver Lark been up to as of late?"
    Last edited by Sjlver; 2013-02-08 at 10:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Giving the corrupted Ciebleu nobility a bit of respite from the fear of white birds," Julien replies, half jokingly. "I've been travelling for a week or two and arrived here about three days ago. I've been having to settle for plain soap..." He runs the fingers of one hand through his slowly drying hair to punctuate his point and examine it. Even an infamous serial killer like Julien was subject to his culture's fixation on cleanliness.

"Whatever led me here hasn't been urging me any further, nor has it allowed me to simply wander off too far. That's why I was hoping to get some answers," he continued, shrugging his cloak into concealing his androgynous frame yet again.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

"Perhaps your quest for ultimate soap is what urged you here."
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The group talks for a bit, getting to know and like (or dislike, as it may be) each other. As they converse, a rainstorm begins, the water spiraling in around the disk as it falls down towards the worldspike. And than, it happens again. A sense of horrible wrongness overwhelms anybody with the slightest hint of magical prowess.
    The feeling is gone in a second, and all of you expect that there will be no serious consiquences. But while there are few people of magical power on the prime, or even the outer planes, this is Sigil. Bursts of arcane fire begin to rise up from the market district as startled magicians activate layers upon layers of contengincy charms, and off in the distance you can see a trio of towers belonging to an artificers' acadamy sprout wings and fly into the air.
    A few seconds later, a pair of metalical creatures burst out of statues directly in front of you. They approach and extend their hands, stating,
    "Emergency procedure- provide identification! Identify!"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: A wild storm appeared! It used blizzard! White Rider's wifi fell!
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera looks around nervously. She doesn't have a first name, and her last name was just the name on the mailbox for the house she was found in.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

Flinching back slightly at the metal constructs' sudden appearance, Setsuna tries to recover her calm, and proclaims in a voice with only a hint of a shiver, "I... I am Furude Setsuna! And these are my colleagues!"

She snaps her fingers and tosses it a shadow-copy of her rather extensive official resume. "Now, what the hell is going on here?!"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Ray, once again, assumes a fighting stance and addresses the constructs. "I am Sir Ray Ashcroft, Champion of The Meek and The Bold. I demand to know the meaning of this immediately." He bellows in a very commanding tone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ray takes on Child of Shadow
    Last edited by Sjlver; 2013-02-14 at 12:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

9. - Top - End - #99

SwashbucklerGuy

"Rosaire Coupe, what was that just now?" Julien replies, using his late brother's name instead of his own. He made it a point not to give EVERYTHING away. He kept his stance and demeanor calm, though the hidden hands behind his cloak drifted to his rapier cautiously. The defenses of Sigil were panicking, that was never a good sign.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten for a 44 on Bluff. He's using his identical twin brother's name, so records could be easily confused.

10. - Top - End - #100

Furude Setsuna

The shadowcaster glares at the construct for a while, before realizing that it won't respond. She rolls her eyes and turns around to look at her companions. "So then... I just realized something. None of you really seem to like each other much at all. Why is that...?"

Rather blunt, isn't she?
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera suddenly gets very red and very flustered. She shouts the next sentences with her eyes closed and her arms at her side. "T-this is not the time to talk about this, BAKA!" She crosses her arms in indignant frustration.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

"Settle down. This is no time for a fit my ferocious fella." Ray says casually with a smile.
    Last edited by Sjlver; 2013-02-16 at 11:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

13. - Top - End - #103

Furude Setsuna

"Uuu... senpai's angry again..." pouts Setsuna. However, her smile of amusement isn't quite as suppressed as she'd like.

"Rix-chan, don't provoke her..." She murmurs telepathically to her friend.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Senpai Seraciel

Sera blushes furiously. "I-I am not angry! I just think we should solve our current predicament before w-we *cough* handle the issue with the large number of men you have acquired."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

"Kind lady, exactly what are you implying about our fine fantastic fella here?" Ray questions, gesturing towards Setsuna.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera is absolutely dumbfounded. Pretty much everyone sounds idiotic to her on some level, but this was a special case. "D-do you suffer from an ailing attention span. Will I have to remind you that we are potentially under attack?" She says, once she can finally conjure the will to respond.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Ray lets out a very boisterous laugh. "Do you honestly think these things pose much a threat? Surely someone of your caliber could take them on alone and even if your not on par today, there are four other people here who could single-handedly demolish them. So no, I do not suffer from short attention span, though someone here may be suffering from self-confidence issues. Either that or you don't know how to size up an opponent." He lets a smile graze his lips once again. "Besides, they've been just standing there for awhile now."
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

18. - Top - End - #108

SwashbucklerGuy

Julien rubbed his eyes in exasperation. "Monsieur Ashcroft, we're talking about Sigil security, not some petty apprentice's first construct, I think it best you didn't take them lightly." He was glad the hero wasn't threatening to cut him in half, but his audacity was starting to grate on the Silver Lark's patience. Even if the guards were simply golems, their programming would probably not stand for Ray's demeaning comments. Then again, Golems probably didn't have the computation capacity to realize such statements could be taken as resisting. He didn't like taking his chances, however.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

"As you wish, Lark, just trying to raise spirits." Ray continues in a low whisper, addressing Julien only, "Everyone just seems alittle eh if you know what I mean."
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

20. - Top - End - #110

Furude Setsuna

"Large number of men?" Setsuna quirks an eyebrow at Sera and folds her arms tightly across her chest. "Yeah, what are you trying to imply?"

She glances back at the still-unresponsive golem. "Eh, it doesn't look like it's gonna do anything anytime soon..."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Setsuna, I've been alone for too long...

22. - Top - End - #112

Furude Setsuna

"No longer, Sera. You're back with me now, and I'll be with you forever. I promised, remember?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2013-02-23 at 11:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

O.O

T.T

*Sniffle* I know you did! But I couldn't stay with you! I am a liar and a traitor a-and BWAH! Dx

The abjurer starts crying like a preteen whose parents were brutally murdered right in front of her.

24. - Top - End - #114

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna stares at the crying girl for a brief moment, and then embraces her tightly. "...yes, you did lie, you did betray me. But I don't care about any of that. I just want you." She places her mouth close to Sera's ear and begins murmuring.

"Please do not deplore yourself...
    Even if the world does not forgive, I will forgive you.

"Please do not deplore yourself...
    Even if you do not forgive the world, I will forgive you.

"So please tell me...
    What will it take for you, to forgive me...?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2013-02-24 at 11:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Furude Setsuna

At Sera's continuing silence, Setsuna just sighs and buries her face in the wizard's shoulder. "Mmm..."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera stands still for a while. Her friend's words have calmed her slightly, but she still seems unhappy. I do not know if I can forgive myself... Even if you forgive me, all of this will haunt me. How can I trust myself...?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-02-27 at 05:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Furude Setsuna

The little shadowcaster gives Sera a faint smile. "Forgiving yourself... it's always hard. When I was younger, I used to think that the disappearance of Rix-chan and sensei were both my fault, and I hated myself for a long time." She glances over toward both of them. "But Sera? Just try. For me, okay?"

Setsuna smiles hopefully.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Pondering her friend's request, Sera sits down and crosses her legs. "Alight. This can not be difficult. All I have to do is calm down... and trust myself." Some times goes by, but then she starts shaking. She gets up incredibly fast, and throws herself into a tree. "HA! I thought I would get me, but I beat myself to it! Wow, I am so telegraphed! I saw myself coming from a mile away! AHAHAHAHAH!"

29. - Top - End - #119

Furude Setsuna

Wincing at the crack of senpai-on-bark, Setsuna sighs, feeling foolish for thinking that it would work just like that. "...senpai..."

She walks over to Sera's figure and presses her to the ground. Then, she plops herself down on the abjurer's stomach, elbows on the prone girl's shoulders, her head resting on them, blue hair trailing down to tickle at her friend's face, mouth in a wry grin. "Now, what was that? Not calming down, that's for certain."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"A preemptive strike! Blitzkrieg! Strike fast and strike hard to disable an enemy's capacity to retaliate...!"
    She stops her lecture in military strategy and frowns. Noting her position, she speaks up again. "This is awfully familiar." She wiggles uncomfortably a little, before turning her face away from her friend.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-02-27 at 11:14 PM.