New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darksiders

1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Darksiders

I played through Prince Of Persia 1 using KB + mouse. Had hand cramps which never occurred even with marathon sessions of fighting games (with joystick/ joypad). Decided getting a PC control pad is worth it.

Edit: I hope it's just a passing phase in the game, but... I am Death, the final Horseman Of The Apocalypse. I bought DLCs, I'm dressed to kill. I Want To Kill S**t. Not solve ball-rolling puzzles. Game, gimme more s**t to kill please.
    Last edited by MLai; 2013-01-23 at 10:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MLai View Post
    I played through Prince Of Persia 1 using KB + mouse. Had hand cramps which never occurred even with marathon sessions of fighting games (with joystick/ joypad). Decided getting a PC control pad is worth it.

Edit: I hope it's just a passing phase in the game, but... I am Death, the final Horseman Of The Apocalypse. I bought DLCs, I'm dressed to kill. I Want To Kill S**t. Not solve ball-rolling puzzles. Game, gimme more s**t to kill please.
    If I recollect it correctly: actually no, as far as the comics go you are the second Rider in that universe.

To kill s*it all you need to is the Crucible, "endless" waves of Enemies at your disposal. I actually thought the puzzles to be not that a hindrace. They were not annoying or anything like that.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I just want more enemies overall. Currently in the Maker-lands. Compared to DS1, DS2 has less mobs waltzing around or ambushing you.

I'm pretty sure that in the game fiction, Death is the Leader of the Four Horsemen.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Crucible.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MLai View Post

I actually wanted more puzzles. Darksiders 1 was a shameless Zelda clone. I didn't come into Darksiders 2 because I wanted to kill stuff - for that I have better games. I came into Darksiders 2 because I wanted more dungeons and items and puzzles!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    I actually wanted more puzzles. Darksiders 1 was a shameless Zelda clone. I didn't come into Darksiders 2 because I wanted to kill stuff - for that I have better games. I came into Darksiders 2 because I wanted more dungeons and items and puzzles!
    If I wanted more dungeon puzzles, I would buy Tomb Raider [insert number]. I remember never finishing Tomb Raider 3 because at about the third level/chapter, I just got sick of puzzles.

I'm not sure what game is better than DS2 for killing stuff in a 3D weapon-brawler format. I think the combat in DS2 is as good as DMC or GoW franchises.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    If I recollect it correctly: actually no, as far as the comics go you are the second Rider in that universe.
    Death is the eldest of the four horsemen, and IIRC, the only one of them who's an original generation Nephilim.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Death is the eldest of the four horsemen, and IIRC, the only one of them who's an original generation Nephilim.
    Weren't they all original generation? Is it even mentioned anywhere that Nephilim procreate?

At any rate, I heard yesterday that apparently THQ has gone bankrupt, and most of the studios (and their franchises) under it have been sold, but not Vigil Games and Darksiders. Looks like there might not be a 3 and 4 for Strife and Fury.

Inaba Atsushi of Platinum Games has expressed interest in buying the Darksiders franchise, which does give a glimmer of hope for it. Inaba and Platinum Games are known for Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, among others, so at least a game for Strife would be easy enough, since that could play much like Bayonetta thanks to their shared love of guns, just minus the tits and plus the apocalypse.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Weren't they all original generation? Is it even mentioned anywhere that Nephilim procreate?

At any rate, I heard yesterday that apparently THQ has gone bankrupt, and most of the studios (and their franchises) under it have been sold, but not Vigil Games and Darksiders. Looks like there might not be a 3 and 4 for Strife and Fury.

Inaba Atsushi of Platinum Games has expressed interest in buying the Darksiders franchise, which does give a glimmer of hope for it. Inaba and Platinum Games are known for Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, among others, so at least a game for Strife would be easy enough, since that could play much like Bayonetta thanks to their shared love of guns, just minus the tits and plus the apocalypse.
    Wait...they renamed the last 2 horsemen? That seems like an odd decision. Granted, I was wondering how they would work Pestilence and Famine into an action game...but it just seems strange lore-wise.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Wait...they renamed the last 2 horsemen? That seems like an odd decision. Granted, I was wondering how they would work Pestilence and Famine into an action game...but it just seems strange lore-wise.
    Except Pestilence is not featured anywhere in Revelations! The first Horseman is actually usually referred to by scholars as Conquest. Pestilence comes from connotations early Greek Christians made. The White Rider's favoured weapon is a bow, which the Greeks equated to the bow of Apollo, which was known for its ability to induce diseases in those it struck.

Apologies for that, I just have to get it off my chest every time it comes up.

To clarify further, the White Rider has connotations of civil disorder and well, strife, hence why Darksider's White Rider is so named. He's also apparently updated his bow to more modern ranged armament.

Regarding Famine vs. Fury... Vigil came right out and said the change was made because they simply couldn't think of ways to make Famine fun and unique to play.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    It's in The Abomination Vault book, iirc.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

The four horsemen of the apocalypse: Death, Fighting, Fighting and Fighting.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Except Pestilence is not featured anywhere in Revelations! The first Horseman is actually usually referred to by scholars as Conquest.
    Except for:

Revelation 6:7-8
    New International Version (NIV)

When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

You could say the "they" meant "the hosts of Hades". But then why is the singular form used for Hades? Does "they" mean "Mr. Death and Hades"? Seems redundant that Death is going to do the other Horsemen's jobs for them. I think "they" can easily mean "Horsemen."
    Then, unless the Rider of the White Horse shoots dinosaurs out of his bow, I'm thinking he's Pestilence/Plague/Nurgle.

To clarify further, the White Rider has connotations of civil disorder and well, strife, hence why Darksider's White Rider is so named. He's also apparently updated his bow to more modern ranged armament.
    Well no, actually it's War who has connotations of civil disorder, as "war" in this case means "civil war". If you take the White Horse Rider to signify Conquest, it is actually debated whether it's positive or negative.

Regarding Famine vs. Fury... Vigil came right out and said the change was made because they simply couldn't think of ways to make Famine fun and unique to play.
    I would have made her into a lifeforce vampire like in the movie Lifeforce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeforce_(film)
    Last edited by MLai; 2013-01-28 at 12:09 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

By that logic though, there should've been a Horseman called Murder-Beast.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

You could also just make one game and have a Strife/Fury tagteam with co-op.

Anyway, playing through the first game which I got from the humble bundle, and having a good time. Can't imagine playing this on medium, though, given my difficulty with easy (mind you, I don't have much experience with the genre).
    Last edited by Squark; 2013-01-28 at 01:03 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe