New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [PF] Greater Grapple feat questions

I was recently building a grappling based character (details are unimportant) and I have a few questions about what the Greater grapple feat allows.

First off, does the feat allow you to maintain a grapple (Do a grapple maneuver) in the same round that you initiate it? (Assuming that you still had a move action available)

Second: Let's say that I initiate a grapple with someone, but on their turn, they succeed on a grapple check to gain control of the grapple. When turn comes around to me, I'll have to use my standard action to gain control of the grapple again, but would I be able to use my move action via Greater Grapple to do another grapple check? (If not, then Greater Grapple would really be terrible considering that it doesn't boost CMD vs. grapples.)
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] Greater Grapple feat questions

Yes, that's what Greater Grapple does. It lets you make 2 grapples per round to accelerate the process. Rapid Grappler lets you make 3.

Or you could just play 3.5, where you can sub grapples for attacks and not need any feats to get multiple in a round.