New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Villains! (IC)

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Villains! (IC)

Roth walked out of his limo and straightened his bow-tie. "Al, find a way to turn off that alarm."

"Sure thing, boss," the driver said as he walked to talk to a few of the security guards.

Looking over the area he noticed no one was dying, yet. There was still a chance this could all be smoothed over. Walking past the security guards into the blaring building it didn't take him long to hear Vivienne berating one of the guards. He relaxed, rolling his head forward in a sigh of relief before he straightened back up, and made sure he looked like the upstanding politician he was supposed to be before he turned the corner.

"Vivienne there you are, we were all so worried for you." Noticing the security guards scared expression he put on a tight-lipped smirk and quickly read his mind in search of his name.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DC 20 to resist subtle 2 so the guard doesn't know what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-01-24 at 12:31 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

"Mr. Mays, I presume you are familiar with Mr. Roth? A dear friend, present at Dr. Milligan's teleportation experiment. I trust you won't be investing in him, Arnold? The damned thing brought me to the basement of a museum."
    Last edited by Glarx; 2013-01-24 at 12:36 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

"Ahh thank you so much Mr. Mays for finding her. We will see you suitably rewarded for your help. Why losing her highness could have started an international incident! You have made a great many friends today, Mr. Mays, the nation is in you're debt. We'll be watching your career very closely. I'm certain with a man of your talents there's no way that the true culprits will get away."

Putting his arm protectively around Vivienne he started moving her toward the exit away from the bewildered security guard. Still smirking he softly whispered into the girls ear. "When we get out of here, you and I will be having a little talk."
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-01-24 at 12:46 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Vivienne laughed softly and continued to walk with Arnold. "I look forward to it. I have been bored," she replied, equally softly.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    "You wanna speak to the boss, you has to go through us first." one of the gang members say, cocking his gun.

roll initiative.

Glarx/Dienekes
    Mr Mays looks onwards befuddled as the Comptroller leads Vivienne away.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Still smirking Roth leads Vivienne to his car, where Al and his guards were already in wait. A group of cameramen were already setting up around the museum, snapping pictures to cover the commotion. Seeing Roth with the beautiful girl on his arm a million questions where shouted at once.

Roth gave the crowd a small wave before getting into his car.

As soon as the door shut the smile turned into a snarl. "And what, pray tell, where you doing in my museum?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

"I was considering eating all of the relics inside, or perhaps turning the shelves into iron oxide. Of course, I did ask if it was yours before I started, but there was something of a delay between your response and my action. How fortuitous that it thwarted an attempted thief." If she was worried about his snarl, it didn't show. There was the same normal boredom etched into her face as per usual. She ran a finger over her necklace in contemplation.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"We had an agreement Vivienne, you use my resources to find that man of yours, and you don't pull idiotic stunts like this in my city."

He took a second to calm down before continuing. "So tell me honestly, this thief is real then, and not some ploy to cover yourself in front of that idiot security guard?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"The agreement was that I would kill whoever you needed and you would provide me with the resources," she corrected, tone still level. "And it has been too long since there's been anything interesting in this city. As for the thief, the little bastard is part of a team. They're good, too -- their hacker disconnected Midas from the mainframe. There are only two individuals in the city who could perform this feat. Henry Houdini -- no relation -- and Harry Halloway. Initial evidence points towards Mr. Halloway.

"Supposedly there's a crew of thieves in the city, helping people by robbing big companies. Have you heard anything about this, prior to our conversation?"

Spoiler
    Show

Surly? Bored? You decide!
    Last edited by Glarx; 2013-01-24 at 01:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"Vivienne, you can teleport. If your bored with the peace I've brought here, send yourself to that rathole, Delto City. I hear they have a new superhero who thinks he can actually change things. Take a few days, I'll send my men out to look for these thieves. I'll call you back if your services are required."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

"And leave my lovely tower?" She finally looked over at Arnold. "I may bring Delto City's hero to Empire City, though. That may be interesting. Or I could leap to the farthest reaches of the universe. I can go wherever I want, Arnold. The location doesn't matter anymore. There simply needs to be enough chaos to draw him to me."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

"How many years have you tried that? Two-three generations? A couple centuries? More?" Arnold shook his head. "Your way doesn't work, mine might. And if I fail, what do you lose? I'll die of old age and it won't be even a blip on your timeline. Patience, princess, if there's one person I know who can afford to be patient it's you."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

She giggled. "I'm very patient. I stopped actively looking for him, didn't I? Settled down, erected a tower over a mile into the air just to taunt other architects. But now, darling, I am extremely bored." Vivienne turned her attention back to the window. "I think I'll go to Delto City. They have a nuclear reactor, don't they?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

"Well outside the city limits, but yes." As he talked he quickly thought about what a visit from her could do to Delto City, and more importantly how he could turn it into his advantage. Rebuilding opportunities, charity scams, yes he could work with that.

"Enjoy yourself, and when you've cured your boredom we can get back to more important matters."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, like Empire City's reactors..." she said to herself, more to toy with Arnold than anything else. "I'll make my way to Delto City once we get to your building. If anyone is following us, I don't want them asking where I disappeared to during a car ride."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx/Dienekes

The car finally arrives at Arnold's oversized office building.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

"Ciao," she said with a grin before teleporting to the Cosmic Tower. Once there, she went about disguising herself, putting on a rarely-worn red flamenco dress and eye covering. Taking her time to disguise herself, Vivienne then instructed Midas to disconnect the Cosmic Tower from the internet and to lock the building down, initiating the force field. Afterwards, she ripped a portal in time and space to Delto City, aiming for the outskirts of town. Once opened, she walked through it.

Spoiler
    Show
    It is a mundane disguise, DC51 to breach. She's taking 20.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    Delto City, a city that has seen better days. A spicy cesspool of crime and villainy. Vivienne appears a few miles north the city in the grasslands surrounding it.

The nuclear power station is a few more miles further north, she sees a school bus driving towards the station on a turnoff from the highway.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Initiative (1d20+3)[8]
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

dreck
    The two gangsters pull out shotguns and open fire on your ninja.

Roll(1d20)+5:
    3,+5
    Total:8

Roll(1d20)+5:
    18,+5
    Total:23

If hit, toughness save dc 20

what kind of ninja are you using?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-24 at 07:00 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"Darkstep ninja" is the sheet label.

toughness save (1d20+10)[30]

The ninja dodges the first shot, trusting in the shadows around it to absorb the second as it gathers more of those shadows forming them into a shuriken to toss at the first gangster.
    (1d20+10)[14]
    toughness save is DC 25

The other four ninjas will continue to watch, keeping an eye out for anyone taking interest in the fight
    Spoiler
    Show

notice:
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[1]

That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    The shuriken miss the gangsters. Two more shots are fired at your ninjas and miss.

Suddenly, a figure leaps out of the shadows behind the smilers, and grabs both their necks, electrocuting and knocking them to the ground.

Moving into a fighting stance, recognizable as one taught by Darkstep's ninja clan the figure says in a gruff voice, "Tell me where is your leader, and I might let you go."

Intimidate
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll(1d20)+12:
    14,+12
    Total:26
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Vivienne took a moment to channel the exotic radiation around her, taking to the skies. At her speed, it would take less than six seconds to get there, and thus she did. Making sure the guards saw the flamenco dress and ability to fly was very important. It screamed supervillainy.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    The bus halts as the guards raise their rifles and fires at you.

Out on the north side of the facility, you see a large group of bored teenagers being ushered out of the building, oblivious to the gunfire.

rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+4)[6]
    (1d20+4)[14]
    (1d20+4)[24]
    (1d20+4)[16]
    (1d20+4)[7]

If hit, DC 20 Toughness check with autofire modifier.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

The bullets ripped into the flamenco dress and pierced through from almost all of the guards. The cosmic power fueling her stitched all of this back together, however, and flew towards the guards, setting herself down inside the fence and within 100 feet of them. "I'm not armed," she said, channeling the cosmic forces and flooding the area with radiation, selectively deflecting the radiation from their radiation detection badges. "There are better ways to meet girls. Buying her a drink, offering her Australia -- you don't have to shoot her."

Spoiler
    Show
    Radiation Burst, as detailed over Skype.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    One of the guards collapses, as his friends run towards the door, firing at you. More bullets rip through Vivienne's body, the holes quickly repaired by the cosmic radiation.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

She took a moment to prepare for when the guards running for the installation would be within range for a full burst. "Yes, because that worked so marvelously the first time, didn't it? Where are your heroes, your saviors? Surely this planet has SOMEONE worth fighting!"

With any luck, that would get their attention.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Roth walked into his building and headed to his office. Sitting behind his desk he picked up a remote and turned on a large tv he held in the corner. Flipping to a Delto City news station he he put the volume down while reporters were talking about the mess some celebrity made of their lives.

The things that pass for news these days.

"Bonnie," Roth called.

"Yes sir?"

"Have you informed everyone that the museum is not to be touched?"

"Yes, I just got off the phone with the last one."

"Excellent, would you get the mayor on the line for me please?" A few minutes later he was patched to the mayors office. "Mayor Thompson, a pleasure, I need you to give some medal to one Mr. Mays of the new museum's security. He selflessly fended the museum against a group of highly organized thieves, and rescued a princess in the process. My secretary will send you over the details I want you to touch upon for the press. I believe you can handle it from there? Of course, thank you mayor."

"Bonnie," he called again. "I need to put a feeler out, any information on anyone attempting to break into the museum, also the locations of two men. One Henry Houdini and one Harry Halloway."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information checks. With my Contacts ability I can take 20s on them in only 20 minutes. I have an hour to spare here so taking 20 on all of them.

So Gather Info: 46.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-01-24 at 11:27 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

(Screw you caffeine, screw you.)

Dienekes
    There's an apartment over an Irish bar named O'brien's registered in Harry's name. Well, he owns the entire lot, so technically he owns the bar too.

Henry however is a ghost. The only way you can contact him is through countless proxies and only through text. He never appears in person and always gets the job done. Nobody knows where he lives, the latest photo of him is a year old blurry surveillance camera mugshot.

Glarx
    The rest of the guards collapse from the radiation as they attempt to make it into the facility.

The facility goes into lockdown.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Vivienne turned around and a blast of invisible radiation burst near the last remaining guard before she moved towards the facility. There was no motion that accompanied it, just a willing of the cosmos, so anyone on camera would only see the woman in a bullet-riddled flamenco dress staring at people and them falling to the ground.

If the lockdown included a door, she would teleport beyond it. If not, she would transmute the air in the doorway into an incredibly dense alloy several elements beyond human understanding.

Spoiler
    Show
    In other words, something very dense and not very voluminous -- the stuff the Cosmic Tower is made of, in other words.