New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Villains! (IC)

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Villains! (IC)

Glarx
    Vivienne appears in front of a bunch of panicking guards who again open fire on her.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+4)[7]
    (1d20+4)[20]
    (1d20+4)[24]
    (1d20+4)[15]
    (1d20+4)[18]

DC 20 with autofire mod if hit.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

The ninja stiffens "I am the master of ninjas in this city."
    Spoiler
    Show

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think them being frenetic makes the intimidate thing not work... also I don't think I need to roll bluff if it's a true statement, even on a technicality do I?
    Last edited by drack; 2013-01-24 at 05:12 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

After gathering his information he sat for a moment, thinking of his next move. No information about who would try and steal from the museum, and barely any information about this Houdini character. Finally he had an idea, it was a gamble but it would have to do for now.

Opening his desk he picked up one of nearly a dozen cellphones none of which were registered to him. Dialing a well used number he heard the familiar voice of the Don answer. "It's me, Charlie, call me on a safe line as soon as you're able."
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-01-24 at 05:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

"Will you people stop ruining my dress?!" she screamed, flesh stitching itself back together and radiation flooding the area. She was careful to only affect the guards. "All I want is to go on a tour of this stupid facility and you people keep shooting me! Well fine! If you think the Eastern Rose shouldn't be allowed to go on a tour, then we'll see whether you can stand up to the thorns!"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    Under his mask, your ninja can see the figure smirk as he rushes the ninja.
    The figure makes a grab for the ninja.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+10)[30]

If it hits, make a fort save, DC 20

Dienekes
    A few minutes later you get a call back

"Hey Arnie, this is Charlie, what do ya want?"

Glarx
    Three of the guards collapse from the radiation as the other two fall back deeper into the building, firing at you.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[12]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

The ninja stands there unflinching. "Do you have business with me?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[27]
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

She sighed and set off another subtle blast of radiation, walking towards the men. "I wonder how they'll remember you in history -- the men who caused the Delto City massacre. I can hardly be blamed for it, you're the ones who started shooting. And all these school children, do they deserve to see you shooting an innocent woman? You're monsters. Each and every one of you."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you for your haste, Charlie. I know you're a busy man. I have a small pest problem. I hope I will be able to deal with it alone, but if I can't I may need to call upon you, will you be busy over the next couple of days? You'll be doing me a favor."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Dienekes
    "For you? Naaah"

Glarx
    They collapse, nobody else is in the hallway.

drack
    He jumps back, entering a defensive stance. "Your master, the murderer, where is he?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Cracking her neck, Vivienne closed the passage behind her, converting the air into concrete. Thereafter, she continued to move on towards the reactor, following whatever signs or markers there were. She also began to whistle. It just seemed appropriate.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

The ninja laughs, a dark little chuckle that is echoed by the other four ninjas who appear on the surrounding walls. "We are all murderers my friend." glancing at the two men the ninja adds "Perhaps even you more recently among us."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you Charlie. And as I said, it might be nothing, just giving you a fair warning. I'll contact you as soon as I have more information." After giving the customary goodbyes, Roth once more hits for Bonnie.

"Call up Al, tell him to bring a less conspicuous car around."

"You going out again? Busy day for you isn't it?"

"They give me a reason to wake up in the morning. What would this city do without me?"

In a few minutes was outside his building in jeans and a t-shirt, a hidden gun tucked away. Sitting next to his driver

"Where to AR?"

"A bar called O'Briens."

"Huh, not like you to slum it, should I be expectin' some gun play?"

"I don't think so but it's best to be prepared."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    YOu arrive in the reactor room with no other resistance.

Dienekes
    (TRANSITION!)
    You pull up to the bar.
    Roll notice
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-25 at 08:55 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

"Midas, how much weapon-grade plutonium will I need to replace the core with in order to wipe out Delto City?" she asked via neutrinos, all the while looking around at the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    He will take 20 on Knowledge (Physical Science).

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    A lot, you can do it though.

A middle aged man teleports into the reactor room. You recognize him as one of the teachers herding the students.

His eyes glow with arcane power as he says, "Sister, halt this foolishness."

drack
    "Not talking then, fair enough." he replies, unperturbed by the comment.

He seemingly vanishes into the shadows and reappears in front of the ninja, throwing a punch.

Spoiler
    Show

Make a toughness save, DC 23
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-25 at 10:00 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Notice
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[13]

God dammit, this is why I take 20s every bloody chance I have.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-01-25 at 10:13 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

The ninja doesn't hesitate, and the whole squad counterattacks in unison.

Spoiler
    Show

Toughness
    (1d20+10)[18]

Attack/damage
    (1d20+10)[29]/DC 25 (toughness)
    (1d20+10)[17]/DC 25
    (1d20+10)[26]/DC 25
    (1d20+10)[13]/DC 25
    (1d20+10)[25]/DC 25
    Edit: if he falls unconscious prior to death I'll halt the barrage of blows and take him unconscious)
    Last edited by drack; 2013-01-25 at 10:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    He weaves and he bobs, he bobs and he weaves. he effortlessly dodges three punches, blocking a fourth and catching a fifth to his gut.

Jumping back, he tosses a small sphere to the ground, filling the area with a blinding light.

Spoiler
    Show

Ref save DC 20 or be BLINDED!

Dienekes
    You notice a well dressed man exiting the bar, only catching a quick enough glance to notice that he is well dressed with brown hair.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Vivienne's demeanor changed drastically. "You've been remarkably difficult to find, you know. Where is my jewelry?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

The ninjas cringe back from the light, attacking where the man had been (or whee he is if not blinded)

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex
    (1d20+3)[17]
    (1d20+3)[16]
    (1d20+3)[7]
    (1d20+3)[16]
    (1d20+3)[17]

attack
    (1d20+10)[23] DC 25 toughness save
    (1d20+10)[21] DC 25 toughness save
    (1d20+10)[23] DC 25 toughness save
    (1d20+10)[22] DC 25 toughness save
    (1d20+10)[21] DC 25 toughness save
    Sadly I forget the mechanics of concealment in this game

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    The man glowers saying, "Safe, but sister if you keep this up, I do not think you will ever have them back."

Suddenly you hear a female voice shouting, "HEY JERK LADY, DON'T HURT PROFESSOR T!" turning around, you see a short red-headed female, wearing a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, charging at you with a baseball bat.

She swings it over her head, connecting with yours with a sharp crack.

"Anna!" your brother shouts in concern.

Spoiler
    Show

DC 17 toughness save.

Introducing the first member of the team opposing you.

drack
    (Please hold)
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-25 at 11:40 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-2)[0] When that fails, my regeneration will repair me.

Vivienne ignored the girl. "I knew you couldn't withstand the urge to return to Earth. You cooed with delight when Father proposed Life, do you recall? And he promised you the Beginning, and he promised me the End. But enough -- I long only to be whole again. Return my jewelry."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Roth reads the brown haired guys mind, for any information about Harry and hacking and all that jazz. Will save negates DC 20.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-01-25 at 11:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    "No and that is final sister" he replies. "ANNA GET OUT!" he shouts.

The girl drops the bat and backs up in fear.

Dienekes
    You hit a blank wall. You also notice the man turning to make a quick glance at him. You recognize him as Lord Doctor Arthur Barnes Junior. One of the people donating several artifacts to your museum.

drack
    Another punch to the gut for the man, and the not blinded dudes can see that he wears a black protective helmet and a full body suit.

The man, tosses a dart at one of your ninjas, hitting him and knocking him unconscious. He then jumps further back into the alley.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-26 at 07:19 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

"Then I will destroy this planet, brother. I am Entropy. You are the Alpha, but I am the Omega. Even without my jewelry, I can see to it this whole world falls to the darkness of oblivion. And will you callously see that fate? Are you powers of creation so perfect you can recreate the dead? An entire planet? Or will you simply construct a new one in its place?" She scoffed and cracked her neck. "I will unravel my power from the artifacts, and when I have returned to equal footing with you, we will see who Father favored." Vivienne began to convert the floor into weaponized plutonium.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

The remaining ninjas fade slightly becoming semi-transparent, allowing the man to escape.

Spoiler
    Show

Whoops, not really sure how the bloke went unconscious, but looking back to tally up damage I noticed that I accidentally rolled fort saves (+0) as toughness (+10), so the one he was fighting probably fell to something nasty anyways

Anywho the fading is slight dimensional shift to one visible and such from ours, but detached.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    "Yes I do know that this whole world shall fall into oblivion, that cannot be denied or stopped but why hasten the end? Why not enjoy this temporal beauty, for such people have such short lives, but what beauty they create in these lives from day to day, merely by living it. This, it seems you shall never understand sister with your obsession with death."

He snaps his fingers and the world goes translucent, the view of the world around quickly being replaced with a blackness.

You see five teenagers along with you in the room. The red headed girl who attacked you, A male in a white baseball jersey and slacks. Another male in a blue t-shirt and jeans, A third dude in a green football jersey and regular jeans, and a second female wearing a yellow blouse and skinny jeans.

Your brother glances to them from you a few times until he makes a decision, he snaps his fingers and they turn into multicoloured bolts of energy. he says, "if you truly want to destroy, then you shall," visibly exhausted from the feat of magic. He turns into a ball of light and warps out of the dimension.

The dimension seemingly collapses and you find yourself outside the city, where you teleported in, hours later.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dimension shift the entire room. Also the kids ain't from Detro City.

drack
    A car leaps out of the dead end, drive through your ninjas and drives off.
    Spoiler
    Show

He was hoping for a chase
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-26 at 07:23 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

While Vivienne was captured and placed in stasis by her brother -- at no small cost to himself -- a private jet docked in the Cosmic Tower hangar. While the Miser system had shut down as the link between it and Vivienne was severed, the tower itself still stood as a mile-high edifice of wonder in the middle of Empire City. Stepping off her jet, Saya Paz y Guerrissimo surveyed the hangar and smiled. Long flights always made her antsy.

The various other vehicles and personal effects were in the process of making their way to the Tower, but that didn't concern Saya too greatly. She wanted to explore, to see what secrets the tower held. Even at this height, there wasn't a discernible sway. What material was the tower made of? She pondered the question as she walked through the rooms, making mental notes of the positioning and defensive systems.

Finding the control room, Saya pulled up the information on the Tower, showing the technical readouts of the tower. With a few keystrokes, music flooded the room. The Waltz of the Flowers. A notice on the computer screen indicated a museum opening and a party. There was a standing invitation to it... well, it would be rude not to attend, wouldn't it?

Saya RSVP'd and began to research the opening of the museum.
    Last edited by Glarx; 2013-01-26 at 05:39 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

the ninjas will vanish.

Spoiler
    Show

Ninjas teleport around a bit ending back in my lair, a new squad teleports out grabbing the two thugs and the fallen ninja, also teleports around a bit before teleporting back. A third squad will teleport in, and tail the car jumping from rooftop to rooftop in the dark, concealing their presence.

(1d20+15)[32]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    The opening is a major event with all the big wigs of Empire City attending and then some from overseas.

drack
    In the middle of tailing the car, it vanishes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry buddy, batcave's still a secret base.

Also, "Aston Martin calls it the Vanquish, we call it the Vanish."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show