1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Villains! (IC)

The five ninjas track it
    Spoiler
    Show

I knew I got super-senses (including tracking) for a reason

Meanwhile in the ninja-cave

Gonna disarm my two prisoners, and lock them in a sewer vault of sorts with twenty ninja guards, and wait till they wake up.
    Last edited by drack; 2013-01-26 at 08:40 AM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

(So, it comes to this. Years of watching James Bond. Deploy the gadgets.)

drax
    A small dome pops out of the car and rotates a bit. A beam of energy emits from the dome, hitting a ninja and knocking him out of the chase.

The car makes a sharp turn into a side street.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

The ninja vanishes in a poof of smoke.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't tracking a bit more after the fact?

Ah well, they'll fall back a bit using x-ray vision to keep on track, and teleporting from good hiding place to good hiding place to stay completely out of sight. Man do I love how adequate use of powers trumps skill stats...

Anywho ninjas are a bit more in their element here, so I think the bat cave is gonna be known soon
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

drax
    The car enters an abandoned portion of the subway system. Your ninja powers are unable to track it further than the entrance without being detected.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nobody can track invisible car after the fact
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

There are no parallel tunnels, or nearby waterways?

Spoiler
    Show

Damn, it's like a ninja with that untraceable stuff

Anywho as I know it, the empire state is renowned for the intricacy of it's waterways both to the springs, and out of the city, this changing in game?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are, it's just that, almost the entire underground of this city is strangely opaque to your ninja's super sense. He's the god dammed batman.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-26 at 10:03 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

admiral
    Spoiler
    Show

Perhaps, but every now and then a villein figures out even his digs

Anywho Ninjas will start gliding along through the walls themselves just below the surface. (Yup, apparently ninjas walk through walls easily enough )

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    Spoiler
    Show

Your ninjas try that, only walk right into seemingly randomly placed, strangely solid walls. By the time they right themselves, the car is long gone.

Again, he's the god dammed batman.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-26 at 10:57 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Harumph

The ninjas will explore the tunnel systems while the ninjas in the ninja-cave gather a steaming vat of boiling acid, and chain the two punks above it (assuming they're alive) before splashing them with ice cold water. (Which doubles as replacing some of the water boiling off in the acid vat. )

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    A single ninja screams, and is heard of no more. He's still alive though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Where do you... nevermind.

"uhh, whaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" the gangsters shout in unison.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-26 at 11:20 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ninja screaming: said ninja poofs into mist.

here: old factory+in use warhouse I suppose

The chain suspending the two twists slowly until they see a man dressed in dark cloths holding a candle. "I'm sure you've heard the scpeal before, sso you'll likely what would happen should your time run out."

Calmly the ninja places the candle below a nice thick rope that vanishes from sight behind walls in both directions, already beginning to fray under the heat of the candle.

"Apparently you weren't vary forthcomming with my subordinates, so perhaps you'd be more willing to tell me. Where is your headquarters, and where is John doe?"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    "WE DON'T KNOW BOSS JUST WALKS UP TO US TO GIVE US ORDERS!"

YOu sense a great disturbance in the ninja hive mind, as if three more ninjas have been poofed away.

YOu have no resources in those tunnels as of right now.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-26 at 12:15 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

The flame continues to fray the rope, slowly pulling it apart. "Not what I wanted to hear." The ninja informs toe two mildly.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    "WE DON'T KNOWW!"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Pulling out a cigarette, Saya lit it and inhaled a lungful of carcinogenic smoke. As her mind raced, she flipped the cigarette around, spinning it and watching the ember float through the air. Then, exhaling a long stream of gray, she made her way to the elevator and went to the ground floor. She wanted to go for a walk, see Empire City in all its glory. Perhaps see the sights, sample some of the local cuisine, see who ran the city. That sort of thing.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Calmly the ninja surveys them "Then I advise you think of something rather quickly..." The man in wrappings gestures slightly to the candle as one of the three primary braided cords snaps.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    They beg you not to kill them, quite pitifully.

Your ninjas all across the city start poofing away at a rate of a group every tenish minutes.

It's always the same, a shadowy figure and before they know it, poof.

Glarx
    The night is young, oh so very young. The lights are bright and the party is still in the getting drunk part.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-26 at 01:25 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

She looked for the club with the longest line. Somewhere she could affect people with the greatest efficacy.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    And she finds one, Club Okay, with a line stretching around the block.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

She approached the bouncer at the door.

"You must have room for one more?" Saya asked, layering her voice with the emotional control.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+30)[38]
    He also needs to make two DC20 will saves. One against Emotion Control: Love Saya and one against Pheromones. Or she, if it's a female bouncer.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

I try to mind read Lord Doctor Arthur Barnes Junior.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

In front of Club OK, a biker is suddenly thrown from his bike by an angry batsey that is willing to turn against all morals he stands for to wage his war on biker kin.
    Spoiler
    Show

Subject to GM change

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    He immediately lets you in. You notice a blonde guy wearing a suit staring in awe at your success.

Dienekes
    You hit a blank wall of nothingness.

drack
    (Hmm, DM change.)
    On the roof of Club OK, a single ninja is locked in mortal combat with the strange figure, he is knocked off the roof, falling to the ground. The figure leaps down, picking up the ninja and vanishes into the night.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-26 at 10:33 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

try again
    Spoiler
    Show

Nope, the only ones around are these guys are just biking around mining their business on the road. Furthermore these are minions, not summons, so they crumple, not poof

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Saya made her way to the bar. A trail of pheromones lingered in her wake, hopefully capturing a great many patrons in its aura. Once at the bar, she ordered a Fever -- gin, vermouth, some Dubonnet Rouge, a bit of anisette with a lemon garnish -- and leaned backwards to watch Club Okay in all its glory.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone within 100 feet of Saya must make a DC20 will save. If they fail it, they become friendly. If they fail by 5 or more, they become helpful, and if they fail by 10 or more, they become fanatically devoted to her. Also, she has a mental link with everyone who fails the will save.

And if they're within 100 feet of her after a minute of the first save, they need to make another. And then after five minutes, then twenty, et cetera.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Either someone's shielding these bastards or everyone has fantastic Will Saves.

Arnold stared intently at the brown haired man, memorizing every feature he could. He would have to pay a visit to the good Doctor though. Unfortunately it was stupidity to go rushing off without further knowledge.

"Al, act happy. It's your birthday."

"Whah? No it's not--- right A.R. I take it you're gonna be the one driving us home?"

"Yes, go enjoy yourself."

The two entered the bar and Al sat down and ordered a rye whiskey for himself, "This one has the tab," he said pointing over his shoulder to Arnold.

Arnold just smiled and tried his luck one last time, to read the mind of the bartender.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Dienekes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooh, that was fast.

The bartender a well dressed man wearing an occultish looking necklace , wipes a glass and pouring a rye whiskey asks, "Sure, on the rocks?" in a friendly tone of voice with a smile on his face.

YOu seem unable to penetrate his mind, but is it your imagination or did the necklace move a little while you attempted the mind reading.

Glarx
    YOu get five friendly, five helpful and four fanatics.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Saya tapped her chin. You're my favorite -- but all these other people, they're hangers-on. Get rid of them and we can be together. With that command, she turned to get her drink and walked towards the dance floor, spreading the pheromones further.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    And the club erupts into chaos, BAR FIGHT! And in the middle, a sea of empty calm sits, Saya.

No, no Fight Club jokes shall be made today, cause for some strange reason nobody's talking about it.

(Fun fact, Saya means I in Malay.)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

She sipped the Fever and glanced around for others to infect. Making her rounds around the club, layering so that the pheromones would cover the whole area. This sort of senseless malevolence was practice, a reminder of what she could do. And, naturally, to make sure she still could.

Saya sighed and finished the drink, lighting another cigarette. There wasn't anyone of note in here, not that she could see. Making her way out of the club, she hailed a taxi and directed him to somewhere else, a regular bar instead of a club.

Spoiler
    Show
    Serendipity, don't fail me now! Land me at the bar with Arnold in it, since I can't find a ninja!