New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Villains! (IC)

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Villains! (IC)

Glarx
    She hails down a cab and recognizes the taxi driver as the same well dressed blond man, this time with a mustache.

He drives you to O'Brien's, attempting to flirt with you the entire way.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Saya flirted back the whole way, layering every word with emotional control. She even gave him the number to her semi-permanent cellphone, and gave him a little jolt for fun.

Spoiler
    Show
    Emotional Control (Love Saya): DC20 Will. Lots of times.
    Pheremones: DC20 Will. Fewer times, but still lots of times.
    Nauseate (Pleasure): DC20 Fortitude, once.
    Dream Control. I don't think there's a DC for that yet.

She lit another cigarette and surveyed the facade of the bar. Commiting it to memory, she entered O'Brien's and looked around while dousing the area in pheromones.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Glarx
    Your attempts at mind control seemingly fly over this pervert's head. But he seems to be friendlier towards you.

He drops you off at the bar and drives off. Your pheromones seem to be having no effect in the bar whatsoever.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-27 at 02:55 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Sending twenty ninjas to go out looking for info on these gangs (These ones will go in suits), one gets a critical success and happens to run into someone after walking into a certain bar.

"Hello madam, you wouldn't happen to know anything about these distressing rumors I've been hearing around town laity. Something about a new gang rising up..." The man, a young Asian gentleman in a suit, seems to have some difficulty enunciating the words, and somehow only seems to be half there as if chewing something over in his head at the same time.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

"Yep," Al grinned.

"I'll just have a coke," Roth said with a smirk. After getting a confused look from the barkeep. "It's his day, and I'm the driver. and once I start drinking I can't stop."

After a couple of minutes Al was out flirting with two young girls in the corner of the bar, leaving Roth to find information.

"So what's your name keep?"

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Dienekes
    "Name's Harry Halloway, I own this here joint. You sure you don't want anything alcoholic? I've just got the first patch of my own brew out." he replies, sliding you a bottle of coke, an easy grin on his face.

drack/Glarx
    (I assume you will be having a conversation.)

The suits seem to have stopped the surprise attacks. Strangely a blond man, also wearing a suit has been approaching your ninjas and attempting to high five them.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

"I just got in myself, actually. I was hoping I would encounter someone who could tell me a little bit more about Empire City, but the club I just went to broke out into a fight. I thought, maybe this bar would be better? But I don't think I caught your name." Saya used her Emotional Control as well, layering her voice with the subtle commands of infatuation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Admiral, there's a difference between 'ham' and 'silliness.' Could you cut back on the latter?

If the ninja is not immune to breathing or will saves, he needs to make two will saves, DC 20. If he is immune to breathing, just one, and if he's immune to wills saves, then obviously he doesn't need to roll either. As this is not an interaction skill, fanaticism shouldn't offer a defense against it.

And if Roth is within 100 feet of the door (I'm not sure how the bar is laid out, so it's quite possible he isn't) he'll need to make the pheromone check.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Smiling somewhat awkwardly the ninja Karral replies "Karal, Karal Harbringer, though it is a custom in my lands that pretty ladies always introduce themselves first before asking the name of a single gentlemen."

Spoiler
    Show

Seconding the silliness bit.

Anywho I figure he's probably wooed (willingly fail), though I think frenetic (judging by the name) doesn't really come into play at all unless it directly concerns me myself. Think for instance if you have a really devout follower of some belief. They may not be willing to do anything to defy their faith, but lie goes on, and a pretty girl is a pretty girl, no? Still if you're devout and your god tells you to sacrifice your son, what do you do...
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Taking a drag on her cigarette, Saya smirked at him. "And yet you introduced yourself and acknowledge we aren't in your country. Funny how that happens. Saya Paz. It's lovely to meet you, Mr. Harbringer. Shall we get a drink? It seems a shame to simply haunt the doorway of this establishment."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm hoping you meant fanatic and not frenetic. My point is that the power Pheromones can, if he fails by enough, turn him into a fanatic of me. Same with Emotion Control (Love) -- and thus why I was wondering if he had the immunities, et cetera. This is my first Mutants and Masterminds game so I really don't know how everything interacts with everything else.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

The Asian man grins "Yes, we probably should. I wouldn't want want one as pretty as you to be able to run away so easily would I." As they walk towards the bar the Asian gentleman tries to strike up a conversation. "So, tell me of you, where did you live as a little girl?
    Spoiler
    Show

Go totally awkward ninja dude who thinks he's smooth

Quote Originally Posted by The_Admiral View Post
    Glarx

...Your pheromones seem to be having no effect in the bar whatsoever.
    not sure if I should be saving or not truth be told, but you id say she' pretty, no?

Also forgot pronunciation. (har-brin-jure)

Admiral
    Spoiler
    Show

I guess I'll send out a hundred ninjas to sweep the town for all places with active nullification of powers. Knowing them may come in handy later

Also gonna fish for fun prophecies regarding sara, the three gang bosses, the new gang, and batsey. (Precognition for fun)

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

"South America," Saya replied honestly, tapping the ash off her cigarette. "Yourself? Where is this land of customs you mentioned before?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, I was under the impression that had to do with the Mental Shield device in the bar, not a Nullifying effect on me. I'm not sure if Nullify affects powers that come from Devices, since a Device is innate and Nullify doesn't work on Innate powers, so we'll have to see one way or another.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

"Southwest china... more or less... I hear you have good nuts there. In south Amoraka that is" The asian man shares a disarming smile.

Spoiler
    Show

Dunno, hence the mentioning it, and waiting on GM to tell me otherwise

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

"Mostly the ones in our prisons, yes. But the land is gorgeous, beyond compare. The cities... not so much. There's a reason I'm in Empire City, after all!" Finishing the cigarette, she tamped it out in an ashtray. Saya looked over the man again. "So, Karel, do you often ask women about gangs? I've got to admit, it's an unorthodox pick up line."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Karal shakes his head. "Not nuts, nuts." He begins making exaggerated biting gestures.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Saya gave a little laugh. "Don't worry, I realized you were asking about such delicacies as Brazil nuts, cashews, that sort of thing."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Karal seems thoroughly confused. "So you fled south Amikara to here because they had too many delicious prisons nuts?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

She raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps we can cut some of the confusion out if we speak in a different language? One you're more familiar with?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Babel effect. We should be able to understand one another without language getting in the way.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm sure but that does sound tempting. Next time I need to get drunk and embarrass myself I'll be sure to try some of that brew of yours." Quickly looking around he notices a young woman smoking a cigarette and an Asian man attempting to chat her up enter the bar.

That shows a nice bit of dedication," Arnold nodded in approval. "I don't know many owners who go behind the counter."

Spoiler
    Show
    Well-Informed feat means whenever I encounter anyone for the first time I get to make a Gather Info check on them for free.

Hopefully to get the ball rolling faster I'm gonna try and see what I know about Saya and Karal.

Karal:(1d20+30)[40]
    Saya:(1d20+30)[49]

As pointed out by Glarx. Sorry! I don't know why but I thought Gather Info was Int instead of Cha. I only have +26 not +30 in them. So I actually got 36 and 45 respectively
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-01-27 at 05:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Dienekes
    "Why thank you, But it ain't dedication, I've always wanted to own a bar." he replies, idly polishing a few glasses.

Spoiler
    Show

It's safe to say that the man you see speaking is a NINJA with extensive training, and NO NAME. No really, ninja's don't have birth certificates.

The lady Saya however, is the the daughter of Generalissimo and Maria Guerrissimo, both villains. Strangely, she has Diplomatic Immunity, Security Clearance and is very well loved by her home country. She is also as rich as scrooge Mc Duck. And what's up with that earring?

Dienekes/Glarx
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's something in the bar shielding all its patrons from mind effecting powers.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-01-27 at 08:26 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Karal shrugs. "It OK is, and better now learn then later. Though if not for the nuts, why did you come here?"

gather info stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

Karal looks to be of Asian origin, and acts with the calm and purpose of motion seen in those who study a martial arts form of some kind. He seems somewhat awkward at English as a language, and you can not recall any listings containing him.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

"All these questions for me, and you haven't answered the one I asked. That's no way to woo someone." She lit another cigarette and looked at the bartender, hoping to grab his attention and get a drink.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

The ninja cocks his head "I told you I was more or less from southwestern china, yet you still haven't told me why it is you flee the nuts."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

She exhaled a plume of smoke. "And I asked whether you asked girls about gangs all the time, or if I was special. Anyways, South America doesn't have a city that compares to Empire -- unless you count Rio, and that's only on the best of days."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

It's gangs or the weather. Karal replies mildly. "And the weather today is a much grimmer topic. But you're honestly saying that you only came here for taller buildings?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

"It would have been more difficult to buy a tower that was over a mile in height in South America," she replied with a shrug. "But the fashion industry thrives in Empire City. The heart of this place pumps oil and tears, and brings innovation and style. Who wouldn't want to live here? Besides, visiting home isn't difficult."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

"I suppose" Karal replies. "Though I'm still somewhat new to town having just arrived today. I don't suppose you could show me the city?"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

"Sorry, can't. The next few days are booked, and if you wait around for me to show you a place I haven't been to in seven years, you'd be doing yourself a disservice. But you should definitely look around the city, check out the art galleries, the theatre scene, see the landmarks. In two weeks I believe there's going to be a jewelry showing, something from Italia. If you're going to be here, you should definitely try and get in. It's going to be stunning."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    Your ninjas notice something, an assault on one of the police stations in the less nice part of town. The attackers seem to be from the Smiler gang.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

"That is shameful, but perhaps another time." Karal replies as he lend aid to her efforts to attract the bartender.

Police station: scout drives by without attracting attention, and five ninjas pop in using previously employed methods to silently observe. How many are there, how important do they look, and what happens?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

drack
    The attack seems to be a simple hit and run, possible a jailbreak. Led by a single masked man. He's wearing a hockey mask with a smiley face painted on it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show