Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Elfkin Rise

1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Elfkin Rise

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive on the last part of Wosters recent small talk and any answers to what will be said next (1d20+6)[24]

Aramil accepts the bowl, inclining his head toward Woster graciously. Thank you.
    Aramil starts eating the stew. What evil and trouble would you be speaking of? It must be dreadful to attract the enmity of so many other beings.
    Last edited by Zack Reever; 2013-03-14 at 10:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

RedSorcererGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Woster believes everything he has said. As far as you can tell he has not told a lie or an untruth.

Woster "What? By the Great Wolf! Elves think they own the world. The rest of us are just in the way. Elves don't like you, they just attack and kill and slaughter and destroy. Then elfs sit back and say they all about peace and happiness. While they hold a bloody sword. Take my grand father, just out hunting and grabbed and experimented on just for elf fun. And that sort of thing happens all the time. Elves need to do some target practice, they go find some goblin targets!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Sounding surprised I'm appalled another elf would act that way. I've been raised to revere life and the rights of others to live and be happy. I was taught to respect others views as long as those beliefs didn't infringe upon the freedoms and rights of others. I'm genuinely sorry and appalled about what happened to your grandfather.
    Just how can you blame every elf for the actions of one? For instance should one of you goblins indiscriminately attack and kill someone else, should we now call all of you goblins evil?
    As for us going to war do we not get the right to defend ourselves like anyone else? And does defending ourselves mean we don't want peace? If we should need target practice I'm sure there are more appropriate targets then innocents.
    I'm not disputing what you claim it's just that some of these accusations seem one-sided. On top of that if we truly wanted you oppressed or dead why are there plenty of goblin areas so close to our home? Have you goblins tried bringing this up to the proper elven leadership so it can be addressed and dealt with? Like not all goblins are the same, all elves aren't the same.
    Last edited by Zack Reever; 2013-03-15 at 02:46 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy? (1d20+6)[21]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

RedSorcererGirl

Woster "It makes me feel good to hear you say such things. Hope you mean it. I can blame all elves, as all elves think the same and act the same. You so silly when you say stuff like 'talk'. Elves not talk to goblins. Elves just kill goblins." shakes his head.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Aramil finishes eating the stew. I can prove we all don't just indiscrimately kill goblins.
    I am actually in this area to accomplish a task. In the first part of my journey I was ambushed by 3 goblin bandits wanting to take everything I owned threatening to harm me if I didn't comply. I distracted them long enough to draw a weapon and defend myself. Out of those 3 goblins 2 were felled in short order. I chased after the last one getting him to surrender and listen to me. I found out his name was Bgekoz. For providig information and helping me with my task I compensated Bgekoz. Bgekoz left my company less 2 companions, however richer by a few gold and some important advice. You see violence isn't always the right answer, however no person deserves to be threatened/waylaid/ or stolen from.
    I have only a few days of rations left and have been asked to retrieve a necklace of a elven noblewoman that has magical pictures of her ancestors. This necklace was taken during a daring raid by ogres. If you could help me find this necklace I'm sure we can come to a equatable arrangement. I don't solve all my problems by violence, in fact if I can avoid it I would rather talk it out and come to an agreement or compromise.

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy (1d20+6)[17]
    Last edited by Zack Reever; 2013-03-16 at 06:10 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Banned

RedSorcererGirl

Woster By the Great Wolf, you talk a lot. Just like most elves. But you kinda make coppers. Goblin life is war, death, combat and violence. But me know you never understand.

An elven lady necklace? Does it play music too? Then I know that one. It's one of Huglo's favorite loot things. I guess the ogre women like the music or something. Huglo is the ogre thug I worked for a bit a moon or so ago. I know where Huglo is, only one real ogre home around. Only one place for him to find ogre women.

You seem like a nice fellow, even for an elf. You shared my fire, added to my stew and ate my stew. and that is all very, very important goblin customs and ways of life. But some how me think you not even know that. You not even know how important Goblin Stew is. But you still do all the right things? Maybe you got goblin blood? I don't mind helping you out. But there will be loot in it for us right? One of them big elf words means treasure, right?"

Woster finishes two bowls of the stew and licks his bowl clean.