New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Living on the Edge: IC

0020hrs

The team begins putting the safehouse into some semblance of order. The fetid couches are piled against the front and rear doors, though Zozz does manage to return power to the house. It seems whoever trashed the place stole the breakers; copper prices must be on the rise... Zoss also manages to connect the four surveillance cameras to the portable suite downstairs. The picture ain't great but it beats blindness.

K.O begins the process of establishing a ward on the main house, drawing sigils and symbols about the house and chanting under her breath.

Sirius and Zoss head to the corner store and grab enough soy prepak and Nook-shoots to last the next three days along with several gallons of odor-eater nano paste.

Boredom creeps into the safehouse and time weighs heavily on eyelids; only K.O.'s soft, hypnotic droning breaks the silence. Running the shadows usually means working at night, but that doesn't mean the body agrees to the deal...

A sharp burst of static preceeds Zoss' voice over the comm and triggers shots of adrenaline ... Sleepy time is over gents... looks like we got company. I count fifteen... sixteen. One truck and five bikes... looks like gang colors but I can't ID them. 60 seconds people.... what do you want to do? I'm sitting out here exposed...

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Kane grabbed 'Lucinda', his grenades and one of his Predators and ran upstairs. He keyed the teams comm and got set in a position overlooking the front door.
    "Roger Zoss, pull into the garage and get the door shut. Rise and shine everybody. 60 seconds to contact. Take up firing positions on the first floor."

3. - Top - End - #183

Zoss chuckles... Sorry man... She ain't built to handle my size... I'm pulling out now and parking across the street. I can still provide cover. Not a lot of cyber in that lot... could be good... could be real bad...

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Rei rouses immediately from his light doze and moves into a position from where he can charge anyone getting inside through the garage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Physical: 11/11; Stun: 10/10
    Commlink status: Hidden, Fairlight Caliban (OS: Novatech Navi);
    Armor [B/I]: 6/6
    Status effects: None

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sirius perks up from his cat nap on the sofa. "Bwuh? Wha...?" he groggily mutters, before slapping himself back to wakefulness. "Right, bad guys, gotcha..." he nods with a frown. "How do we wanna handle this? Diplomacy? Pretend nobody's home? 'Trespassers will be shot and survivors will be shot again' approach?"

Spoiler
    Show

Same
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

"Scanning the astral. If don't have a mage or aren't paying attention I might just be able to make them reconsider," says K.O., breaking off from her warding. Heading up into the main house to get a good view of the approaching gangers, she stops for a moment alone on the stairwell, before continuing up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Took some cram while out of sight. Trying to spot if any of the approaching hostiles are astrally active or obviously magical.
    Perception (4d6)[4][6][4][2](16)
    Assensing (5d6)[3][4][6][4][2](19)

Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Condition - 10/10
    Stun Condition - 11/11
    Spells/Effects - Cram (+1 Reaction, +1 Initiative Pass)
    PAN - Hidden
    Armor - B 11 / I 5
    Perception - Astral
    Spell Defense - Self + Rest of the Team
    Last edited by demihappycow; 2013-02-23 at 05:01 PM.
    I'm not wearing any pants.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Kiki

Kane's message comes into the comm. The smart software analyses the message, and seeing the urgency, relays a request on to the sleep regulator. In turn, the regulator releases a flood of chemicals and bioelectric impulses. Between Kane sending his message to Kiki being awake, fully ready alert and ready for battle, is less than 50 milliseconds.
    She grabs her Praetor, and logs in to the tacnet. She pops in some betel gum. "Okm time to have a bit of fun." She pulls her goggle on and flips on the ultrasound sensor.

Perception (visual, utilizing low-light and ultrasound): (13d6)[4][2][6][4][2][3][6][4][6][5][4][5][2](53)
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

"As much fun as it would be to just gun the lot of them down, I say we play defense. If they set foot in the house, we shoot them for trespassing."

9. - Top - End - #189

K.O. slips out of her body and rises up through the floor where Kane and Rei wait, pre-coombat nervousness jittering there auras. Pressing through the door with a grunt, K.O. flashes forward to the side of a house where she can see the approaching horde...

16 in all, and over half of them active on the astral. One of the gangers on a bike looks at K.O. and nods an acknowledgement of her presence but drives on. K.O. can't really get a read on them beyond their presence on the astral.

10. - Top - End - #190

Zoss' voice chimes over the comms...

30 seconds...

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Kane went prone and flipped out Lucinda's bipod. He had a good LOS on the door and lots of ammo.
    "Roger. If you've got any heavy artillery, try not to hit the house. This should be fun."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sirius heads upstairs, and tries to find himself a window to peek out through. "Let's see what we're dealing with. Maybe we can try to reason with or dissuade them before we go loud?" he muses fretfully. He tries to get a good look at the gangers, to see what exactly they're up against.

Dice rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (6d6)[1][1][4][1][6][6](19)

Spoiler
    Show

Same

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

What the hell? What sort of gang is half awakened? This doesn't feel right, K.O. thinks as she flies back to her body. Stumbling toward a window she whispers into her comm, "They aren't normal gangers, at least half awakened. Going astral, gonna see if I can thin the herd."

Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Condition - 10/10
    Stun Condition - 11/11
    Spells/Effects - Cram (+1 Reaction, +1 Initiative Pass), astral projection
    PAN - Hidden
    Armor - B 11 / I 5
    Perception - Astral

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Kiki

Kiki grumbles a bit. "I'll consider not taking them down for a bit then. K.O, mind telling us which ones are mojo'ed? I see any of them looking funny towards the house, I'm shooting." Kiki ducks down under the window while keeping the gun up, letting the image link do the seeing for her and keeping her out of sight of any wiz-gangers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Physical: 0/10
    Stun: 0/11
    Spells/Effects - Betel (+1 Perception)
    PAN: Public
    Armor: 10/9

Discord Tag #4097

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bah! I say we kick the bakebrains up and down the street until they learn not to mess with us! We can't take chances with the package, remember?" Rei says impatiently. "I'm itching to fight, and I doubt they're here just to party."
    He motions in the direction of the staircase. "If they're the same ones that tore up the place, they know there's something down there."

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196

0 ...

The bikes roll up out front and park on the lawn while the truck backs into the drive. There are conversations and laughter as the group makes their way around the back of the house, those climbing out of the truck drag large nylon bags that weigh heavily on the shoulder.

There's a thump on the door as someone tries to kick the door open followed by a muffled bark of surprise...

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Kiki

"Ok, Silver. You've got five seconds to talk them down. If they come though the door, my trigger finger is going to get a bit too itchy and I drop a few to the ground twitching to dissuade them from coming around here for the next few days. Don't worry, they won't die; I'm loaded with stick-n-shocks." Kiki hustles to the large central room (room 2) on the main level, taking a position at the back of the room that allows her to keep her gun pointed at the front door across a diagonal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Physical: 0/10
    Stun: 0/11
    Spells/Effects - Betel (+1 Initiative)
    PAN: Public
    Armor: 10/9

Discord Tag #4097

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sirius slinks over to the door, and raps his knuckles on it a few times to get the attention of whoever is on the other side. He activates his voice modulater, and gives himself a deeper, more authoritative voice, like something you'd expect from a professional soldier. "Hate to break it to you, but this location is Corporate Property," he states loudly and clearly. "Any further attempts to enter or interfere with the activities here will be considered Trespassing and Corporate Espionage, and will be met with the appropriate responses. This is your only warning. Have a nice night."

Dice rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Con: (11d6)[4][1][1][4][2][4][3][4][1][5][1](30) 1 success

Going to spend an Edge to reroll failed dice.

Spoiler
    Show

Health: 9/9 Physical - 10/10 Stun
    Armor: 6/4
    Weapons: 2 Predators, 1 TMP
    PAN: Hidden
    Status Effects: None
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-02-26 at 07:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

That sounds like my cue, thinks K.O. as she gathers mana to send at the larger group in the back. She grabs onto the window sill to steady herself in preparation for the drain and whispers, "Sleep."

Spoiler
    Show
    Force 10 Stunball
    Spellcasting Test (132d6)[4][6][1][4][3][4][2][6][6][3][2][4][5][1][3][5][4][1][1][3][1][2][6][6][4][5][5][3][3][2][2][6][2][3][3][4][6][5][4][5][1][5][2][5][6][5][4][4][5][5][6][6][6][5][5][4][3][3][6][6][5][1][5][6][3][2][4][2][6][1][6][6][6][2][5][5][6][3][2][5][1][1][4][1][6][3][4][3][5][3][2][4][4][6][3][6][1][1][2][6][1][2][6][6][4][5][5][4][2][6][3][3][1][6][3][1][2][6][3][1][2][4][4][5][4][1][5][5][1][6][5][2](498)
    Drain Resistance (12d6)[2][4][2][5][3][1][3][5][1][5][1][1](33)

Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Condition - 8/10
    Stun Condition - 11/11
    Spells/Effects - Cram (+1 Reaction, +1 Initiative Pass), astral projection
    PAN - Hidden
    Armor - B 11 / I 5
    Perception - Astral
    Last edited by demihappycow; 2013-02-28 at 03:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

The air shimmers like an fresh asphalt parking lot on a hot August afternoon in Texas. The air stills and everything feels charged with static. It builds and K.O. sways, only her grip on the sill keeping her upright. Suddenly there is a 'pop' followed by grunt of shock and surprise followed by rapid thumps as all the gangers standing at the back door drop to the ground.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Kiki

"Well, I suppose that oughta do a good hob of convincing them to get off the property." Mojo always made Kiki a bit uncomfortable. There wasn't much she could do against it. No gunning down spells or outrunning spirits. All there was, was to shoot the mage first.

Discord Tag #4097

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Kane laughed, actually laughed as the gangers dropped like sacks of bricks.

"That's sure as hell one way to handle it. Nice work K.O. May have just saved me a lot of ammo. These armor piercing rounds ain't cheap."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

"Thanks," says K.O., quickly stanching a nosebleed with a handkerchief and blinking a red film from her eyes, "gonna head to the other side of the house and see if the rest of them are still bunched up." Her footsteps as she hurries to the other window are steady, but her hands seem a little shaky when she stops bracing herself against the window sill.