New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: The Village Hidden in the Marsh, Episode 1: Fresh Blood

"I was a monk in a temple a ways from the village." Tojo replied. "Chakra control is a specialty among the ninja-monks there, so the older monks always have a few techniques they like to teach to the younger monks. I lived that lifestyle until a few years ago. I was lucky enough that a ninja happened to be visiting and saw us training."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, kiddo, as promsed for when you become a genin I'll let you draw up your first combat-ready Artform. Oh, your grandma would be so proud... Any girls on your team?"

---

Tozawa chuckles slightly at his grandfather's question, "unless you count Yamanaka, all of my team-mates are male, as was the other team, aside from their leader, a special jounin called Rikku, ever heard of her?, I hadn't seen her around before, she seemed rather hot-blooded for a shinobi".

"I'd been thinking a Gashadokuro for my artform, for both it's intimidating presence, and great strength"
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Oh, don't worry about Himeko, really. if she turns up, she turns up - if she doesn't want to be found, a baby genin won't find her. Besides, isn't there a girl or something you can grab lunch with?"

Hisashi stopped hearing her say this and seemed to be quite surprised despite the fact he had kept his face the entire time "What?..Who are you talking about?" Seemed the only thing he could respond with glaring back at her grin with an annoyed expression.

"Say high to that cute blonde form your new sensei, okay?"

"Wait, how do you-.." Was the only thing he managed to say before Yamanaka suddenly vanished before him leaving him there stunned as he just stands still for a while. "Kh! How in the world does she know?...Well never mind..I should not fall for her taunts that easily...next time will be different..." He then quickly turns around and leaves to start searching for this 'Himeko' person. He searches around the village and speaks to some people to see if he could find something only to learn some simple knowledge about her. As fifteen minutes pass he thinks he is not going to come any further with this for now so he decides to grab something to eat and hoping, in the back of his head at least, to perhaps meet the girl which Yamanaka was referring to.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Tsume looks at Gen. "What do you mean keep my voice down? The only thing to do when you're excited is to SHOUT! WAHOO!" The proximity of Tsume to Gen's and Tojo's heads makes this shout particularly louder than it really should need to be. He looks to their new teacher. "So, now we train, right?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Tozawa

"Rikku? You don't mean... that Rikku?" His grandfather seems a bit put out in the oddest fashion possible. "She's leading a team now, huh? ...Huh. It feels only yesterday that she came to the village and had to take on the rank of genin. Hard to believe that it was just six years ago that she stumbled in here as a chuunin from the Village Hidden in the Ridge. Did you at least ask her out or did you figure she was too old for you?" the senile coot asks playfully. Though credit to him, there wa sno sarcastic emphasis on 'too old'. Perhaps shereally wasn't 10 years old after all.

"Skull ogres, huh? What's gotten into you kids these days, is that goth style coming back?" he chuckles. "Ah well, sure why not. Pull up an inkwell." He rouses from his chair and sits at the table by his granson's side, ready to insrtuct where needed as he pulls up his sleeve and grabs his own brush.

Team Rikku

Gen's chase fails to catch Yamanaka before she disappears and his questions go unanswered, sadly. Though she seems to hav ewritten him off as doomed under Rikku's tutelage anyway.

"So you're the most badass monk there, I take it?" RIkku asks Tojo curiously. "Or maybe the only one in the mood to be aninja. EIther way, welcome aboard - let's see if we can't teach you to hone your strengths. Not physical strengh, but personal strength - there can't be a reasonable objection to that, I don't think."

At Gen's question, Rikku nods, "Yup, getting to know your comrades is good. Youre the first person in a long time to make me bleed. So what do you do."

She shout sat the same time as Tsume "WOOT! I'l train ya if you want! Let's see, what would be useful to teahc you... hm... the way of Gouken...?" She seems lost in thought, and ready to take suggestions

Hisashi

Taking the path through the village to the marketplace, he finds the blacksmith's soon enough; the chimney wasn't producing any smoke, so the forge was obviously off. Sure enough, there's a 'closed' sign hanging on the door, with an additional note underneath proclaiming 'gone to lunch at Smokey's - commisions open'. Hisashi knows the restraunt well enough to find his way there. As he makes his way there though, a kunai flies past his head an embeds itself in the wall behind him. A note's attached loosely, but it appears to be blank, and try as he might, his eyes don't detect the source, and by the time he'd conduct a mor ethorough search of the rooftops nd streets and swamp water, whoever it was that tossed it seems to have moved on

If he still goes to the young blacksmith girl's hangout, he finds the fabled Smokey Marsh Barbeque 'restraunt' fairly packed - with more than a few failed academy students looking rather deected as they wilt away their day. At the back however, sipping what looked like sake (but obviously wasn't) in the classiest manner possble, readin a book and occassionally taking a mouth ful of steak is his mark, completely unaware of him and with an empty seat both beside and across from her at each side of the table

---

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll go see what Karrth's up to before we progress

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

He walked calmly through the marketplace of the village having his black cloak cover his entire body to protect him from any mud or dirt that would perhaps splash up from villagers walking past him. His long blonde hair flowed slightly in the breeze as he approached the forge to then spot the sign and the small note. "Barbeque hmm...Might as well..." He thought as he then made his way towards Smokeys place.

Walking down the streets he closed his eyes for a moment only to have a kunai fly past his head. His eyes flashed open as he quickly looked back seeing the kunai get stuck in the wall, quickly turning back to see who threw it. But despite his best efforts he could not spot anything that would give itself out as the source of the attack. "Who in the world would attack someone in the middle of the day!?...." He thought to himself looking back at the kunai to see the note attached to it. He walked up to it and pulled the kunai out from the wall and grabbed the note to take a closer look at it.

(I will update this if there is something on the note but ill move on for now.)

Sighing slightly and looking back to where he assumed the kunai came from he thought it would be useless to chase after him now. "Who ever it was I am shure this is not the last time I hear from him..." He took the note and the kunai and put them in his pockets before he then continued towards the restaurant, deep in thought from all the things that has been happening this almost crazy day.

Finally arriving he sighed with relief as he walked in looking around to eventually see the Blacksmith girl in the far back. He walked up to her table still having his cloak around him. "Hello there, mind if I take a seat?" He said looking at her with a faint smile on his face.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Hisashi

No matter what way he looks at it, the tag seems blank of any writing. The kunai and tag seem perfectly normal when he takes them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisashi gained ONE (1) Kunai
    Kunai sent to Inventory

At Hisashi's presence, the girl gives a start, dropping her book and loosing a few chunks of chicken from her sandwich before looking up at him form her seat. She was about his age, strawberry blonde hair, modest figure, and at present wore a cap that half-hid her baby-faced features. She had a thick leather apron still on from earlier currently swung around her back like a cape of some odd sort, a toolbelt overflowing with knicknacks at her side as she relaxed, heavy boots, and fairly airy clothing - a long tied skirt, from which much of one long leg was quite visible, and a largely unbuttoned shirt. Form her state of dress, you'd think it was still high summer, or that she was from teh land of snow.

Torasi (Tracy) gives a yelp as she realises her sandwich has been compromised. "Dammit, Hisashi, what is it with you ninja and sneaking up on good hardworking folks like me, huh?" Her anger was seriously overplayed - with her very girly voice, it was downright comical when she tried to make it sound angry. She blinks, reasjusting her sight like something wasn't right with this picture. "Did you skip school or somthing just to surprise little old me? I ain't payin' ya overtime!" Hiashi was technically hired by commision anyway, so overtime wasn't exactly something he would be due anyway

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Tsume shakes his head. "Teach us something that no one else would know!" He thrusts his fists into the air. "That is the best thing to do!"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hisashi could not help chuckeling slightly at Torasi's reaction when she noticed him. "I'm sorry, I will try and be a bit louder next time." To most people it would seem like he was utterly serious with what he said, but in her case it would sound as some bad attempt for a joke. Seince she was used to his serious attitude. Hisashi then after a few moments sat down on the other side of the table facing her, sighing with slight relief. "No. I don't have any more classes today, actually. As of right now I am a genin." He said flatly, not making any attempts to make it sound better or unusuall almost like it was not even something to talk about. "Well anyways I decided to go for some lunch so I came here."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TraceHyde View Post
    Tozawa

"Rikku? You don't mean... that Rikku?" His grandfather seems a bit put out in the oddest fashion possible. "She's leading a team now, huh? ...Huh. It feels only yesterday that she came to the village and had to take on the rank of genin. Hard to believe that it was just six years ago that she stumbled in here as a chuunin from the Village Hidden in the Ridge. Did you at least ask her out or did you figure she was too old for you?" the senile coot asks playfully. Though credit to him, there wa sno sarcastic emphasis on 'too old'. Perhaps shereally wasn't 10 years old after all.

"Skull ogres, huh? What's gotten into you kids these days, is that goth style coming back?" he chuckles. "Ah well, sure why not. Pull up an inkwell." He rouses from his chair and sits at the table by his granson's side, ready to insrtuct where needed as he pulls up his sleeve and grabs his own brush.
    To... wait... old? Tozawa thought to himself, Henge?, But to keep one up while attacked....
    When his grandfather brought up the ogre he chuckled softly at his jest, before setting to work on the combative artwork, heading out to train for a few hours after, and then heading to bed.

When he wakes up he heads to the arranged meeting spot that Yamanaka mentioned the day prior.
    About a minute before reaching the hospital he uses henge to transform into his grandfather's appearance, as he wanted to find out a bit more about her, and she seemed to know his grandfather.
    Spoiler
    Show
    figured I might as well get it out the the way, since I had time to post, and he didn't have much to do at his house.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-02-16 at 03:38 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground

Kamatari spends the day wandering the village, he goes no where in particular and just wanders, while thinking on his teachers words. Who would cry for him? What would he die for? What had he been training to become?

The answers didn't come to him and in the end he wandered back home and went to his room. Where he went to bed after grabbing a bite to eat.

In the morning he packed a small bag with some left overs from the day before and then armed himself with the kunai and explosive tags he had, but he decided to leave his armor at home.

Then he headed off to the meeting point.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Team Rikku

"Something... no one else knows? Hm..." Rikku hops from foot to foot like she's about to fall into a stance as she thinks. "Eh, there's lots of stuff I can do that no one else can, but I'm not sure you'd be able to learn them..." She finally stops and points to the sky. "Okay then, how about this..."

Clearing her throat, she paces a bit, casually stretching before turning to her students. "Okay then, who here knows about the Gates of the chakra system?" Finally, she falls into a stance, spreading herself wide and clenching her fists, her eyes closed. The swamp water begins to ripple around her ever so slightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gates - anyone with a rank in chakra control and ninja lore knows the regulate the flow of chakra in the body. (and anyone who watched the show knows that Rock Lee busts them open for his super mode)

"I know the Hachimon Tonkou. It's said the master of this art can become as powerful as the Captains for an instant," she casually reveals. "Now, who'd like to learn it? It'll probably take a few weeks before any of you open the first gate, but I can certainly train all of you well until then. Everyone drop and give me a hundred. Press ups." She opens her eyes and smiles. "Unless one of you wants to volunteer to know what a Gate-powered punch feels like?" She looks at Gen in particular. "Not sure how much use it'll be to you weapon-using types. Ya might break your sword."

Spoiler
    Show
    Team Rikku gains one day of training

Hisashi

She seems like she's going to have a snide someback until it all sets in. "Genin?" Torasi blinks at the news. "So, you'll... you'll be going on missions? When did that happen, so soon..." She stares into the table, drifting off in her thoughts. "Hisashi-kun... Does that mean you won't be working for me anymore?"

She shivers, hugging herself, her food forgotten, and nobody could mistake her for anything other than upset. "Why would you want to? I mean, it'll be dangerous, being a real ninja and all...? A-aren't you afraid...?" Torasi wasn't a ninja in any capacity - she was clumsy and oblivious for a normal person, even, hardly kunoichi material. Even though she lived in this village, she didn't really understand the ninja mindset or why Hisashi would want it. "I... I kind of thought you'd spend at least the rest of the latest war in school, but I guess you're too good for that, huh?"

Kamatari

As he makes his way home, the fog seems to get a bit thicker in his part of town, and he almost doesn't see his home until it's right on top of him. A flickering light cuts through the fog, in the second storey window, and catches his eye - no doubt the old lady warming herself up. Or perhaps wishing him luck, there are a lot of odd customs among these old folks - so who knows.

The streets seem empty for the most part, and just when he's a short dash from his front door, something sharp presses against his back; a kunai is held beside his precious vertebrae. "Don't move," comes a familiar voice. "Why would Yamanaka take on a creep like you?"

No doubt about it - it was her, the girl form the academy who so despised him, Hejiko. "Did you trick her or something?"

Perception check DC 12
    Spoiler
    Show
    The kunai's too blunt to cause real damage from this angle.

Tozawa

It's a few hours into training for the day when old man Bakanamane calls for a break. "Phew, boy, you're getting good. Come on, your sister will be home soon. Think we can afford to stop for lunch?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Tozawa earns 1 training session (half a day/four hours) and time to scribe (1d3)[2] ogre skeletons

The gruff old chap takes his seat and seems to reminisce about old times, waiting for Tozawa to join him. He'd worked up a bit of a sweat even with this basic bit of training - he was getting on in years, after all. "Ah, Tozawa... I tell you, you have your grandmother's determination. And now you're working under her student. Great things, sonny, great things will come of you..."

Just as he opens his mouth to say something, there's a knock at the door. He seems disappointed to be interrupted, but just shrugs it off. "Would you get that, Tozawa? It's probably your big sister... As funy as it is to leave her out there without her keys as punishment for forgetfulness, let's not be too cruel on the ditz, eh?"

Perception check DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tozawa's grandpa was in the process of taking out some sort of envelope from his pocket before he was interrupted

If Tozawa answers the door, he finds a rather serious looking woman from earlier standing before him. Himeko, the 'secretary'-nin. "Tozawa," she remarks briefly, adjusting her glasses. "Who is present in this household at present?" she asks liek a robot.
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2013-02-17 at 05:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hisashi noticed the sudden change in her expression as she heard the news. "No. I will still work for you, in between missions ofcourse. I may be gone for a few days tho depending on the assignment but I will make as many deliveries as I can during the time I'm still in the village." He said calmly, giving her a reassuring look.

As he then saw Torasi wrap her arms around herself, clearly more than just a bit upset he was not quite sure what to do. He listned to her but went quiet for a bit not really knowing how he was going to answer. "I am not sure why....I just feel like this is something I need to do. I do not really know much about myself but I feel there is something in the back of my head, telling me that I will discover things about myself if I do this......I do not fear what lies ahead, and neither should you...." He said in an attempt to perhaps lighten her worry, looking at her with his usual expression, but his eyes clearly showing concern. He then hesitantly stood up, before walking around the table and sitting down next to her. "Yes, some might call me a genius, but I don't care to much about it." He looked around the room slightly before fixing his eyes on Torasi. "Trace.....I will be fine." He said confidently.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Just as he opens his mouth to say something, there's a knock at the door. He seems disappointed to be interrupted, but just shrugs it off. "Would you get that, Tozawa? It's probably your big sister... As funy as it is to leave her out there without her keys as punishment for forgetfulness, let's not be too cruel on the ditz, eh?"

"No problem, Grandfather" says Tozawa politly, as he heads to the door and opens it, "How'd things go today, Sis?".
    Upon finding Himeko at the door he is somewhat confused and stutters, "Just me an Grandfather Bakanamane".. "Did something happen?" he continues, somewhat worried about his sisters now.

-Perception Check:(1d20+6)[20]
    Meow(Steam page)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Gen looked at rikku after hearing about the gates. Rolling his eyes at her comment.
    "Yeah I usually use weapons that are too large for normal people to use. So I'm not sure I could use that Art to its fullest extent. Of course you must be pretty confident in your strength and speed. So maybe you can teach me a bit of that or do know any techniques that could enhance my sword? If you don't Ive got a bit of special training I need to do."
    He smiled at her this may not so bad. Then again it just might be he thought. As she started ordering them to do a hundred push ups.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Tsume gets excited all over again. The Chakra Gates were certainly powerful, but also difficult to master. It would be perfect to dedicate his engergies too. "After we learn how to use the Gates, we'll be the strongest team!" He drops to the ground and starts the pushups when told to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna take the training time to get the first mastery of Kawarimi. Taking 10 for 15, takes all day.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Halfling in the Playground

Kamatari didn't sense her until the kunai was at his throat and his heartbeat quickened, a lot, when he felt the blade.

It was a wierd feeling, standing there knowing your life could end at a moments notice. Sure there was fear but he also found himself angry. That little snot nosed brat was trying to either kill him or scare him. Both options pissed him off.

"Someone of your caliber might have to trick people into accepting them but I merely tell them the truth. And in this case the truth is simple... I'm better than you. That was why I was picked and not you."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Tozawa

"I see. The candidate and the student, alone," she notes aloud. She raises an eyebrow at Tozawa's concern. "Everything is fine as far as you need concern yourself. Congratulations on making the cut, it's good to know Yamanaka valued my assessment so." She adjusts her glasses as she peers over Tozawa's shoulder into the house. "I trust your grandfather and eldest sister are doing well? Bakamane should know he's not too old to serve his country if the time comes..." That casual reference to conscription dropped, she turns from the household and makes to leave. Seeming to remember something, she reaches inside her dark kimono and retrieves a folded piece of parchment, handing it to Tozawa. It's sealed using the royal wax mark, a sign of private orders. "Something your grandfather may appreciate. Tell Mayumi I have need of her." Unless stopped, she heads down the street, into the mist.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Tozawa stops Himeko, and asks "so just what is this need you're talking about?, A coming war of some sort?", once more composed, and with a grip on her shoulder in case she tries to leave without answering.
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

"'Coming' war?" Himeko sneers incredulously. "You don't have your ear to teh ground, do you? But no, I suppose a genin fresh out of the academy would be witless. Your grandfather's skills are quite reputable. It's what makes him a Special Jounin. Do you know of the wartime priveleges of a Special Jounin? In an emergency situation, they can inherit the ruling class if teh Jounin are incapable of defending the village. And no matter how retired one thinks they are, while they draw breath, one can always be called to action in an emergency."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

"You have a point about the last part, though I'd imagine loyal special jounin would be willing to take the risk anyway, as the reward outweighs it, at least if the special jounin's worth his or her title" says Tozawa' chuckling slightly at the last bit, "So who are we up against?, at the moment I've got to rest up for my team's first mission in the morning, orders and all, but a sparring between two villages sounds like a rather interesting event"

In the very least, it might be interesting if I can gain us some political power... either through becoming a jounin.. or removing those in my or my grandfather's way... he thinks to himself
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-02-24 at 04:50 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Hisashi

Torasi shivers less as Hisashi speaks in an attempt at comfort, looking over at him as he concludes on his call to duty. When he calls her by her nickname and assures her he'll be fine, she blushes, looking dreamily. "Hisashi...-kun... Do you really promise that?"

She catches herself being entirely too girly and promptly shakes her head so hard, her hair flies out of her hat, reaching down much longer than it otherwise looks, and socks Hisashi in the side in embarrassment. "What ya doing getting all mushy on me, stupid Hisashi!" She was always such a tomboy when it came down to it. And man did that smart - for a civilian who'd never seen combat, it felt like she could floor a ninja when she was properly good and flustered - though perhaps it was the days at a time spent on metallurgy that brought built in muscle training.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisashi takes 4 nonlethal damage. It'll heal up when he takes a nap
    Make a DC 10 Fort save or you'll fall out your chair

Clearing her throat, she savagely takes a bite out of her sandwich, and lacks the grace to avoid the inevitable leak of ketchup at the other end. "So how's things at the orphanage lately? The old lady still getting along well enough?" Torasi had moved out the orphanage before Hiashi even remembers her being there, and gets by well enough as a blacksmith

Tozawa

"The village expects, nay, demands great things out of you child. Precisely becaus eyour grandfather is content to live out the rest of his life a as civilian, in spite of his hard earned status - pouring most of his scant services into training you. In that regard, you're what one of the greatest assets of this town has devoted itself to, and have a debt i don't think you fully understand." She eyes the hand holding her with some contempt, but doesn't struggle. "Be sure to deliver that to him. Now is there anything else? Do you need your sisters' place explained to you or is your genin mind already overburdened?" Himeko was a decidedly mean and officious person.

"And no, we do not do war with other villages where it can be avoided; we are ninja, our way is avoidance. These swamps protect us, the bogs and pits and traps and mist and creatures only we swamp-nin can navigate safely. Direct conflict is not our way, we are not the miltary, special forces though we may be. And only a fool like Rikku regards large conflicts as amusing. As Yamanaka's student, you must be a swift and unseen blade, not some bludgeon."

Kamatari

"You bastard..." the girl murmurs, pressing the blade closer. "Better than me, as if..."

"Father said one of any decency should slit your throat now rather than allowing a beast like you to slip into our ranks." Despite her words, she seems to lack a certain killing intent, and her hand actually holds the blade a fair distance away, shaking unconsciously more and more as time passes. She is a fair bit shorter than Kamatari and has stretched herself uncomfortably, and while her face is unseen, her long deep silence and wavering posture clearly marks that she's turning it over in her head. "...What was it like, in the Deep Swamp...?"

Before Kamatari can answer, the door of his house cracks open and the familiar face of that kindly old woman who took him in appears. Stepping out with her cane, it takes her a second of looking around the mist to see Kamatari and by that time, Kamatari notices the kunai at his throat is gone. "Kama-kun?" she asks, nodding to him with dedicated attention. "What are you doing home so early?"

Behind him, if he looks around, Kamatari can see that damnable Hejiko is making good her escape as she sprints deeper into the mist. If he's going to give chase, now's the time to do it, but it may be a bit rude to his elder to go without explanation. "You look pale. Did you feel sick? I can make some nice chicken soup, if you want."
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2013-02-24 at 03:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hisashi looked at her dreamy expression not really used to her being like this, more used to her 'tomboyish' attitude and simply gave her a almost unnoticeable smile. Just as he was about to open his mouth to say something he felt how he got struck in the chest as Torasi shook her head, he did tho not so much as flinch or even make a single noise from the hit and shrugged it off like it was nothing.

He turned his head and looked forward, gazing over at the other guests in the restaurant as he rested his arms on the table while listening to Torasi. "Hmm?....Oh, yeah its alright, nothing new going on there really. And I assume the old lady is okay as well." He said calmly before he then ordered something to eat, being quite hungry from the days latest events. "So, after we are done eating do you have any work for me?"
    Last edited by Nyan; 2013-02-24 at 06:43 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

"No problem" says Tozawa, "I'll get the letter to him in a moment", "as for my sister, just don't send her on a foolish suicide mission and we'll have no quarrel" he says the last part in a calm but stern voice as he heads back inside to deliver the letter to his grandfather, saying "Himeko seems like a rather rough person.. are most jounin like her?" as he sits down.
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-02-24 at 06:38 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

After Training

Tsume leaves the team with a smile on his face and pleasantly sore muscles from training the day away. "See you guys tomorrow! I'm sure we'll master the Gates before the month is out, WAHOO!" He crouches down and leaps into the air with the sentiment and starts into the darkening misty afternoon.

He looks at the fading daylight as he walks slowly from the training grounds into the village. "What a great day. Became a genin under an awesome... sensei, had fun training with my new team and had a great sparring match too." He stretched his arms above his head and relaxed. "Now for a little personal training and then to bed for bread making in the morning." He makes for one of the paths leading out into the swamp, a little slowler than normal, marking out the soreness and bruises on his frame.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Tozawa

At Tozawa's order to not give bad orders to his sister, Himeko raises her eyebrow. "You'll have to take that up with your sensei." She struts off when left alone.

Tozawa finds his grandfather sitting, looking parts pensive and perplexed at his grandson's absence as he reenters the living room. At mention of Himeko, he nods with some recognition. "Ah, her. Well, there's only three jounin in this village, they'd best be judged individually. But yes, that chuunin lass, Himeko, is rather grim - on the level of her master, Yamanaka." He indicates to some tea he'd had time to brew, inviting Tozawa to have some as he sips the fresh cup he assigned himself, and watching the note in Tozawa's hands with some interest.

If Tozawa delivers the letter, grandpa opens it slowly, taking a second to analyse its bindings for some trap, before looking it over. His face is as unreadable as stone yet quite stoic as he reads, and when he concludes he sets it face down on the counter out of Tozawa's reach. "Tozawa, help this old man remember, what do you know, what have I told you, what do you remember of your grandmother?"

Hisashi

As Torasi retracts her fist the rest of the restraunt goers watch with some horror at her casual beating - the waitress Hisashi hails over in particular seems perplexed, her breathing frozen in teh middle of blowing a bubble in her gum, leaving and odd rubbery pink pass floating at her lips as she cauctiousl approaches the table from Hisashi's side, finally popping the bubble as she speaks. "Um... what would you like, sir?" she asks.

Torasi savagely mauls her sandwich as she eats. "Can i get a refill!?" she demands of the waitress, who only nods. "Huh, haven't been around the oprphanage in a while, huh? You might as well go back every now and then, who knows - your parents might have come to pick you up!" Orphans always had the worst humour. "Anyone I know on your team? Any girls?"

As he asks about work, she scratches her head in thought, humming in temptation. "Nah, I'll take care of it myself today, give you a break to prepare for tomorrow. Unless you really want to run across town with a giant sword, pack some muscle on you."

Team Rikku

It's been a long, grueling day of training. Rikku doesn't let up in physical training, not until she's satisfied as much has been done as coudl be done,a dn in that regard, if her students can stand their full height she considers the day a failure. Even by the standards they'd subjected themselves to so far, she only takes it further, forces them to work at the strongest's pace, then pushing them further than that. The new genin barely remember her orders by the time they crawl into bed, their arms creaking oddly since her attempt to make them walk on their hands.

When they drag themselves out of bed in the morning, if they follow instructions, they are to meet Rikku at 8 o'clock in the town square. If they show up within an hour or two of that time, they find her sitting on the ledge of a building looking pensive, lost in her own little world, occassionally looking to the now clearer sky. her wounds have healed up somehow despite the working she kept giving her muscles, and her cloak has been VERY clumsily patched up, presumably by her personally.

She doesn't notice the genin at first, but when one of them announces their presence to teh girl atop her wall, or when they all show up, she happens to look down and see them, waving and smiling as she snaps bakc to reality, then hops down to ground level. Reaching around to her back, she seems to tinker with something. "Hey, everyone, ready to be ninja? I got your uniforms right here and your first orders, in that order." she declares, smiling toothily. "Do you want me to hand 'em over, or should you close your eyes while I tag them on ya?" She gladly does the latter if asked.

Ninja uniforms as genin could mean only one thing: headbands

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hisashi turns his head and looks up at the waitress as she asks him what he would like and responds after some thought. "I'll have some meat and rice on the side. Not to much to, I'm not too hungry." He said as he glanced back at Torasi's oversized sandwich.

As the waitress leaves he turns and looks in front of himself again seemingly in deep thought, not even answering Torasi's remark about his parents or the question about his team. But instead thinking about what happened earlier with the kunai. Having his usuall expression when he was thinking, that only Trace would actually recognize. When he then gets his food he starts eating slowly sighing with a bit of relief, hearing then that he did not need to deliver anything today he seemed to leave his own thoughts as he turned his head towards her. "I see. Thank you Trace."

He spend the rest of the time eating in silence until he finished his meal. After he was done he put down the bowl he was eating from closing his eyes for a moment before he stood up. Closing his black cloak around himself he looked down at Torasi. "I'm going to prepare for tomorrow, it was nice speaking with you trace. I'll come and see you again once I get back from my mission." He said turning away as and walked out the restaurant, unless stopped or hindered by something. He thought he would spent the rest of the day training to see if he could perhaps improve himself a bit, but keeping a good eye on his surroundings on his way to the training field incase the attacker from before decides to return.

(Once I find out how to make a learn check for Kinobori im going to edit that in here but for now ill leave it.)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Tsume endures all of Rikku's training with a smile and the sweaty exertion of pushing himself farther than he had thought to train himself before. Even through the rediculous and sometimes painful training, he maintains the sheerly astounding amount of enthusiasm he has, encouraging his teammates to push themselves as hard as he was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsume wakes up before dawn for a walk in the darkness to his family's bakery. It was his job to start the batches of dough rising early in the morning before the rest of his family came in to bake the day's breads and pastries. Being the most popular bakery in the village had its upsides and its downside, but it was good pay and people always appreciated fresh bread. It was Tsume's favorite food anyway.

Tsume grabs seven of the small leftover loaves from yesterday, a surprising number considering the popularity of the business. Packing them away, he grabs another loaf and smears it thickly with butter. Bouble checking that the loaves were set and rising, he heads out to where Rikku had told them to meet, munching on the richly buttered bread. It's about an hour after dawn when he arrives.

"Rikku-sensei! You want some bread for breakfast?" He yells up to the... girl on the building. When she offers the "uniform" He eagerly closes his eyes. "You can do it, Rikku-sensei."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Tozawa hands the note over to his grandfather after Himeko leaves
    -----
    "Tozawa, help this old man remember, what do you know, what have I told you, what do you remember of your grandmother?"

"I know that she was exiled from the village due to inhumane experiments involving eye-based bloodlines, and you've taught me about the ability to impart life into drawings, that I've inherited from her family line, and I remember the things I've learned from reading her notes on biology, as they are informative, if a bit grisly" he says, "why do you ask, Grandfather?"
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-02-26 at 03:56 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Tozawa

"Hmph-hm. So mechanical a response, Tozawa," grandpa remarks, patting his grandson's head affectionately. He tucks away the message in his coat. "She was also the love of my life, most importantly. Ah, this can wait for another time... I'll tell you once you've gotten used to be being a Genin, I suppose, you have a mission tomorrow after all. Let's finish up this tea and get back into training, eh?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll have a Team Yamanaka post up REALLY late tonight or tomorrow where they start their first mission, promise
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2013-02-26 at 05:39 AM.