New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: The Village Hidden in the Marsh, Episode 1: Fresh Blood

"What kind of challenge could I provide you now, Rikku-sensei? You're so far above me, it's like I'm at the bottom of a very steep mountain." He gives her a look that's between jealousy and admiration. "I don't think it'll be any time soon I give you a challenge. You're like twice as old as I am." Tsume gives her a sly look that matches his mother's. "But you better watch out. I'll definitely put you to shame by the time I'm as old as you are Rikku-sensei."

"You're more than welcome to try Miss Li, but the twins have an amazing ability to not be found when you want them to do something. It's really quite something." Emika winks at Rikku, but she does give her sons a noticeable glance of irritation. Akimitsu had managed to keep quiet by assembling some sort of building out of the food he had gotten for himself, but he looked up at this. "She's right you know! Those boys can disappear as good as any ninja! Of course they always come out of hiding when I put dinner on the table. Men need good food you know, or else we're not much help around... well, much of anything really!" The twins however, don't react much more than to look at each other and pay slightly more attention to their food.

"Of course! I'd be more than happy to share a cup or two with you Miss Li." Emika says as dinner comes to its slow conclusion. "Akimitsu, have the boy's wash up and go to bed. It's late and they need their rest if Miss Li is to have her way with them tomorrow." Tsume grumbles and the twins just grin. "I guess this is goodnight Rikku-sensei. Try not to be hung-over when we train tomorrow." He sticks his tongue out at her before hesitating a second and throwing his arms around her. He whispers to her. "Thank you for bringing me home today. It's been fun. And don't try to match my mom in drinking, you'll be sorry." With that he and the twins grab the dishes off the table and are ushered out by their father.

Emika raises an eyebrow as she watches her son hug Rikku but doesn't say anything until the other's have left. "You've made quite an impression on him Miss Li, in such a short time as well. Please, come with me to the sitting room." She goes through the kitchen, where Tsume and his brothers are washing the dishes, playing around as brothers do and grabs a bottle, a very large bottle from a shelf high out reach of anyone but her. She leads Rikku up the stairs into a room that seemed very much above a normal sitting room. With a thick carpet, several long padded bunches and a ceiling made entirely of glass, it felt a little out of place here in the marsh.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will work on descriptions later, but suffice for now to know the whole family has higher than average chakra, with Tsume and his parents being above the civilian line. The twins are actually above the line too, but it's obviously untrained.

How it's obvious, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Jacior; 2013-09-06 at 10:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Torasi would move closer to him after having embraced him tightly while he had been shaking. Hisashi would avert his eyes for a moment to look away and clear his throat. "You were there... A-At least... That is what I felt... somehow..." As he then looked back he also realized how close they were to each other. He almost seemed a bit surprised and his heart started racing, but not out of fear like before... "T-Trace...I..." He said quietly as Torasi leaned in even closer and closed her eyes, their lips almost about to graze each other. Hisashi feelt her breath against his skin and did not even shrug away even tho she was so close. Then as there was a knock on the door and he heard someone clear his throat Hisashi glanced over towards the door for but a second before then looking back at Torasi as she moved away.

Hearing her advice for him to sleep Hisashi would gulp slightly before nodding as a response. Looking in to her eyes and feeling her hand stroking his Hisashi was actually blushing a bit before he cleared his throat again. He then watches her stand up to leave and walk away, staring at her with a sort of shocked expression when she looks over her shoulder. As the door then closes and locks behind her Hisashi just stares at the door for quite a while as if he is frozen, slowly putting his hand on his chest to feel his heart still pound quickly. But not out of fright, but something else. He shook his head and looked down at the sword again that was placed in his lap, slowly sheathing it and putting it beside him before rubbing his cheek with his fingers feeling it was still wet from Torasi's tear. Closing his eyes and leaning back in the bed he sighs heavily as he then tries to fall asleep, slowly drifting away in to his slumber with less trouble than he expected.
    Last edited by Nyan; 2013-09-09 at 05:07 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Reina

Reina's blade dances from her hand, following up her previous, disorientating cleave to the torso as she sets her sword to his jaw and says upwards from his flat lips, rending his face open. His axe comes down, tearing the sword from the young ninja's hands, an agonised roar filling the clearing as he falls forward on one knee, too Rikku's eyes from the blood splatter seeming to have lost an eye. Unarmed, her opponent distracted with pain, she gets the opportunity to slink away, running on all fours, sloshing through the swamp as she goes. The beast of a leader hesitates, Reina's own combat putting the fear in him, and in his wild frenzy he repeatedly whacks and shatters the sword at his feet. He throws his axe at Reina, but she's entirely too far away and he is loathe to approach. even as his axe sinks more than halfway through a tree.

She runs and runs and runs. They're behind her, the beasts are behind her, gathering in number as she goes. But they seem to fade away. They're not as fast. Their own insane flames consume them. Reina's eyes drift to the moon with every breath, exhaustion setting in, smoke pooling around the edges of her vision. As she stops, flopping to her back, she can feel her wound healing, the axe-cut closing up nicely, steam rising from her now scarres flesh as even blood falls away. To her though it was just survival. Shadows and smoke and smouldering bodies. The moon. Danger approaches, the creature inside, they're here, body so weak...

Reina's not alone here. Her consciousness leaks into another level, as she feels the eyes of another staring at her through the wasteland, drawing closer. They were familiar, but no ally for sure. It seems unreal, it has to be unreal, but that moon bound the souls together. Cupped limbs stalk closer, and her own heart lurches, her instinct for survival spiking in reaction. She closes her eyes and all is darkness and flame once more, promises of protection from a great wave as her mind smolders...

Spoiler
    Show
    Earn 2100XP for showing them who's boss, surviving, and your escape.

You lose consciousness. I'll make another post shortly to say what happens when you level up. Make me a will save, would you?

Rikku

"Heh heh, just try and live to see my age, you little go-getter," she teases him. "I'll work you to the bone every day until you can surpass me. I don't need a student, I need a rival." She puts out her hand to shake his firmly on that understanding that respect, before they head in.

---

Rikku gets a bit of a laugh at the twins expense. "Not very talkative, are they? Don't worry, boys. I don't bite, unless given a reason." She takes her last tearing bite of her carefully preserved steak in playful demonstration. "I'll be sure to have something fresh prepared as bait to the training grounds then."

She's quiet as the boys are seen off to bed, grinning to Tsume for a moment - "Hey, if there's on thing I'm known for, it's my endurance." She gasps and jumps a bit in surprise as she's hugged, before calming and patting his head. For a moment, she indulges to put her arm around him before he pulls away, earning him a rare nurturing smile from his instructor. "Wow.... Ha, I had fun too, Tsume. Now get some rest already." She wasn't one much for the mushy stuff, but she was genuine and courteous.

Rikku follows Emika when offered, nodding to herself. "Yeah, I'm surprised myself. He's my first student, so I think he's pretty special." Never a master at quite explaining the feeling, she does do her best to mull over the feeling as she finds somewhere to sit. Rikku gazes up at the glass ceiling, wondering at the design of the room enough for it to disrupt her thoughts entirely - she peers to see if she can see what was now the night sky. "Do you travel much, Emika-chan? Your tastes seem as exotic as mine," she remarks with a grin. She was no master interrogator, just simply and innocently curious. It doesn't take much to guess Rikku's probably an immigrant ninja, not entirely uncommon in any ninja village.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Having struck harshly upon her opponent, Reina's own mind seemed to... distorted. It wasn't something she was use to at all, yet it didn't even strike a cord. The very small filling her nose. Her blade disarmed, her mind didn't even wander back to picking it up. She ran away quickly, being carried by her hands and feet running in a manner she had never done so before yet it felt so... natural. Her eyes fixated forward.

Making her escape, her mind felt as if it was ringing in her ear. The feeling of being watched lingering. It sounded almost as if someone was speaking to her... their voice distorted to a point it was inaudible. Her vision only continued to blur more and more with each leap forward. She felt herself stumble, tripping her own self up falling forward before rolling onto her back, skidding only a few inches forward.

Her heavy breath escaped her lips as her body felt... so strange... it felt like her body was being soothed while yet her mind lingered savagely. Her vision becoming even easier as the sensation of her being with someone grew. It was... evil... so dark.. yet... it didn't feel as if it was for harm. It was a mixture of emotions that filled her mind as she let out an audible gasp. Her vision faded further as her soft gasps escaped her lush lips. Her vision only faded as the girl let out one last raspy gasp before slipping into black.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I'm already your rival Rikku-sensei! I just need a lot of training to prove it." Tsume grips and squeezes it hard. "And I'd just like to see you try and run me into the ground. You're in for a big surprise if you think you can."

--------

"He is quite the exceptional young boy isn't he?" Emika says as she lounges on one of the benches. "Hard to imagine he's only ten, isn't it? I can't imagine the future he's going to have." She sets the large ceramic bottle on the table and pulls a pair of cups from who-knows-where and lays them too on the table. "Please, have as much as you like." She says as she pours herself a cup and brings it close to her mouth. "This is some of my better sake, not that I choose to drink anything of poor quality." She takes a small sip and then joins Rikku in looking at the ceiling.

"Do you like it? It took quite a lot of money to bring all this glass here. But I think that it was worth it." She takes another sip from her cup and refocuses her gaze on Rikku. "My husband and I used to travel a lot, before the twins were conceived. It's hard to travel with children, and I wanted to make sure that they would have a solid life. I think that people need a strong foundation in their life." She empties her cup and pours another. "A life on the road, while interesting, isn't really a good place to raise children."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Minami smiled in quiet amusement at the slug princesses woes behind the safe cover of her jacket, "I'll be sure to broach the subject with sensei when the time come hime," she replies in kind before allowing the conversation to slip into more mundane affairs; the conversation being a welcomed reprieve, allowing the last of her stress to slip away for the time being.

Upon arriving at Seno's office, she goes to work quickly; looking over her temporary patient's medical chart as she made her way to the medical stores. To say the the young genin is surprised by its contents would be an understatement, if only due to the fact the boy she would treat seemed to lack most if not all of the usual Uchiha traits; making a bastard, distant descendant the most likely origins for the boys gifts. It is perhaps a small blessing the the young Aburame was so engrossed in her readings that she did not toss the nearest sharp implement in Himeko's direction; an act which would have most likely ended poorly for the genin.

It is to the startled genin's credit that she is able to regain her composure, despite her current companions grim explanations or the temprary slip of her doujutsu suppressor; or perhaps a sign that she should be spending much for more time with genin her age then her teacher's coworkers, "There was no harm done, so you have nothing to apologize for Himeko-san," she replies with a polite smile as she closes Hisashi's folder, "I was actually sent here by Yamanaka-sensei to assist with a patient. She recently returned from her trip, and I believe she's in one of the operating rooms as we speak," she adds helpfully, just in case the jounin was not yet aware of the White Captain's arrival, and after a brief exchange the young heir excused herself so as to attend to her patient.

If Hisashi comfortably tucked in, Minami parts way with Princess Slug before venturing forth towards Sohaki-sans room upon hearing her surgery had been a success. It is much to her unexpected surprise that she comes upon another of her teacher's newest pupils; formally greeting her fellow pupil, before the voices on beyond the door draw her attention. A slightly flustered smile forming on the Aburame heir's face at the degree of praise given to her; though thankfully she was not distracted enough for the White Captain's words going unnoticed, managing to recompose herself as the door opened before the genin pair.

When she finally hears Yamanaka's words a momentary flash of confusion flashes through her features, hidden behind her raiments, yet almost as quickly dawning comprehension rises forth from her frame as she smiles in earnest once more. The change in her is subtle, but to those her know her well it is a sign of giddiness or glee beyond words, "T-Thank you Sensei! I'll do my best," she beams, restraining herself so as to not disturb Sohaki-san's sleep; proper decor in presence of the others around them restraining her from trying to hug her mentor.

WIth her duties done for the day, a day which has ushered a great many changes in the young girls life; Minami departs home with her grandfather, spreading the good news to her family upon arrival. After the congratulations are complete, Minami heads over to the clan's training rounds to get a bit of kawarimi training in before spending the rest of her evening with her family.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking ten of the Learn check for first level Kawarimi no jutsu mastery. Base Learn bonus for ninjutsu 6, +1 due to this being the first level of mastery for Kawarimi. Given that the Learn DC is 13, Minami should gin first level mastery with no problems.

What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Village Hidden in the Marsh, Episode 2: Clotting of Genin

Minami

The day passes quietly, or what's left of it, and Minami trains peacefully to attain the next level of proficiency with her technique as grandpa quietly watches from the side. He seems a little sleepy, or at least pensive, only occasionally walking by to offer pointers, at one point tossing a shuriken at her substitute. The Aburame keep mostly to themselves, but news spreads quickly in their little hive and the young girl's greeted with a special dinner when at last she's home, her mother ruffling her hair in congratulations as soon as she clears the threshold and smells her favourite meal. Secretive and cunning though he was, it seems even grandpa hadn't been tight-lipped on her day. Perhaps tomorrow would be less dramatic...

After getting dressed and going to attend the hospital the next day, Minami feels an odd disturbance, something just out of place that has her bugs all spooked. Looking to the terraforming division, she sees the stream her clan filters seems to be flowing oddly. If she investigates, she finds a young girl about her age, with dark hair and torn clothes, a sword strapped to her back. She looked like a foreign ninja, and was covered in mud and blood, the stream carrying her undetected on the edge of the compound, though occasionally getting held up on the bank, especially now the heat was making the stream subside some. She looks to be in bad shape, but if Minami investigates she finds there's not a cut on her. Additionally, she seems to be an Ash-nin, going by her possessions... When disturbed, she growls awake, her eyes wild for a moment then sleepy as she regains her senses or what's left of them.

The girl appears to have suffered some serious bruising and scarring, but it looks like it will heal well. However, she may be running a fever, possibly from the swamp's contaminants

Kamatari

Kamatari is able to train for the remaining 8 hours of the day before heading home, where his caretaker is still slumbering, the poor old lady. He's able to collect his payment for the mission, so maybe he could help out more around the house with finally earning some dough - a ninja 'intern' though he was. When he wakes, he finds that his window has frosted up in the night, a thin layer of ice on the inside, but it felt room-temperature as he puts his hand to it and it and makes it break away from the pane, melting to a small puddle.

Yamanaka's emergency had delayed his meeting with her, but she promised an audience today. As he walks to the hospital however, he feels a presence, a dangerous warmth seeping into the air the closer he gets to the hospital. If he investigates, he finds Aburame Minami from yesterday huddled over an injured looking ninja.

If he ignores it, it soon passes and he's able to get all the way up to the hospital. If he takes Minami, he finds the feeling fades all the same after she investigates the girl.

At the hospital

Anyone going to see her gets all the way to Yamanaka's office before the bespectacled Himeko Shoin stops them, guarding the door - "She's napping like the dead." Yamanaka can be heard clearly from inside anyway if you knock. "Is that Kamatari-kun? You'd best take your top off and get in here, I've prepared a fuinjutsu." She's heard pacing to the door and answers in her scrubs, her hair out of place for once, as she can just fix her glasses. Oddly she doesn't seem too tired despite clearly pulling an all-nighter - perhaps indulging in her own medicines to keep awake.

Tsume

Rikku and his mother aren't seen for the rest of the night, drinking and chatting throughout until he crawls into bed. In the morning, he checks the lounge to find neither them nor the contents of several sake bottles to be present. Looking up, however, he finds the two of them sprawled on top of the skylight, snoring away drunkenly. Apparently she'd ignored his advice against drinking his mom under the table, but with the state they were in it might be called a draw, not that either might fully remember. Though he can make breakfast himself, one wonders what effect this could have on their training schedule! If nothing else, at least Rikku's unconscious face pressing against the glass is a hilarious enough sight.

There's a knock at the door, and if he answers it, Tsume finds an incredibly bored looking Himeko Shoin - the secretary-looking ninja from the other day - carrying a scroll. "Hey, kid, I know you're teacher's here, sleeping all public and vulnerable where anyone could stab her spine. Give this bad news to her, would you," she commands more than requests, fixing her glasses as she passes him the small scroll and turns to leave.

Reina

Reina's eyes flicker as she drifts off, her soul's internal struggle with the shadow cast over it making her gut feel knotted...

She drifts off, in her sleep feeling herself splash and drift about, helpless in some current as shadows plague her dreams. She's half-awake to see a girl looking over her, but her vision's blurry and her body seems oddly unresponsive. A remainder of her odd, animal fury from last night remains, as when she opens her eyes everything seems momentarily wreathed in dark flames and a growl escapes her lips before she calms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lose benefits of your frenzy, and lift will save penalty. Regain 1 point of charisma (will regain more with time) - meaning you still have a certain survival instinct and slurred speech to you. Suffer effects of exhaustion

Will Save DC15...
    Spoiler
    Show

You remember an image, but not from where, and a warm embrace...
    Spoiler
    Show

Rikku (last night...)

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah, he's petty interesting - only been Genin for a day and already sure he'll surpass me. I wasn't nearly that ambitious at his age. Has he got something to live up to?" the Jounin pokes, honestly curious if this desire in her student to be the best - with a chakra like his mother's, it wasn't hard to imagine he had some shoes to fill.

She gulps down more of the sake like the container was a shot glass, "I'm honoured by the choice of drinks," she says graciously. "Got any stories from the road then?" She loosens up herself, finally untying her dress as she pours herself another shot.

Hisashi

Hisashi is able to sleep throughout the night, left to his dreams of flames and feathers, and Torasi hoped, nicer things yet. All the violence, then the calm... a great devil raises an axe of flames, only to be parried at the last moment by a blonde angel. His body at the sidelines, unable to move as her katana gives way, watching, time slowing down as the blade cracks, and the axe comes swinging down upon them...

If Hisashi emerges from his nighmare, he finds it is just after dawn and he remains alone in his hospital room, save for his new visitor. In the chair beside his bed is Yamanaka, her glasses on the dresser and her coat missing as she just wears regular scrubs, her surprisingly long hair let down. And she's snoring slightly, her eyes closed, rings around her eyes and specs of blood on her overalls as she sleeps away, sleepily watching over the young genin. if he doesn't disturb her, he's free to go back to sleeping, back to his dreams, if he dare brave them. She doesn't seem to stir much until visiting hours cause a racket big enough to wake the both of them, but even then the room was off-limits. It doesn't stop a chap at the hospital door, however, Yamanaka's just woken eyes glaring at it like she's trying to start a fire with pure hate. "That better be a medic," she mumbles, getting up, going about her duties as she drags her coat on and heads for the door. "Sleep well, Hisashi?" she asks, pausing as she crosses the room to look at her pupil.

Wits DC 25
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yamanaka's awake, but keeps pretending to sleep so Hisashi will go back to sleep to. if he 'disturbs' her instead, then she'll wake up and ask him how he's doing then instead.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Tsume answers the door wearing only a pair of boxers. "Huh?" He says sleepily. "I guess I can." He squints at the girl. "You were only supposed to send a few of us the other day. Yamanaka-sensei was irritated." Taking the scroll he gives her another look. "She'll be fine, who'd attack her in the village anyway?" He closes the door and shakes his head. "I'll never understand people."

He climbs up the stairs leading to the roof. "Mom, Rikku. It's morning. Time to get up." He watches them sleeping on the skylight. "I'm not going to stop my training just because you decided to get drunk Rikku-sensei. Also, a message came for you. Himiko-san said it was bad news." He throws it at her sleeping form. "Wake up! I wanna go train! I already made the dough for today!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Scroll Attack: (1d20+5)[7]

Emika (last night...)

Spoiler
    Show

"Only the stories his father has told him. Quite an adept storyteller his father is. Always going on about ninjas. I think Tsume wants to embody the ones in the stories, to make his own even better." She smiles softly into her cup. "I told my husband it was foolish to hire a tutor for him once. But Tsume's proved me wrong every step of the way." She sighs. "But I find these days all my boys are proving me wrong. I just hope the twins don't decide to become ninja as well. I think I'd worry myself to death at that point."

"I have many stories I could tell. My husband and I have been all over the world. We've even been out to the Village Hidden in the Stars, if you can imagine that. A couple of bakers traveling the world!" Emika keeps her eyes on her cup as she speaks, obviously lost in memories. "But when you're young and in love, you think you're invincible. Traveling doesn't worry you, it's a new adventure every day." She drains her cup and pours herself another that she downs as well before pouring another cup.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hisashi would wake up from his nightmare with a gasp. Quickly sitting up as he looks around the room, his heart pounding in his chest and cold sweat had started to run down his face. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself as he wiped off the sweat from his face with his hands before noticing Yamanaka sitting beside his bed, presumably sleeping tho Hisashi was far to shaken to pay any closer attention to her. Slowly laying down on the bed again he looked up at the ceiling for a few moments before he closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

He spend the last few hours of the night drifting on and off between being asleep and awake, stirring around in his bed quite a bit as he had a bit of trouble getting a good nights rest. Only to be awoken yet again as he heard the ruckus going on outside the door but at this point he decided not to go back to sleep again. Seeing that Yamanaka was now awake he would simply watch her quietly as she stood up and put her coat back on. "I would be lying if I said I did..." He responded at her question before stopping her as she tried to leave. "Sensei... What... happened back there?... You said you would answer my questions. And I have quite a few..."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

The dreams... the images... it seemed so surreal. Her awareness of her surroundings fading in and out. Her blurry vision seeing a girl standing above her. Her lips parted to speak though no words escaped. Was it just part of a dream? Her mind just felt so floaty... unable to fixate on itself. What was happening?

Her eyes cracked open partly once again... or so she assumed. Awake? Her vision fixating more clearly as the flames heated her delicate frame. A growl echoed out as her mind didn't even process it at first. The silence took part as she laid on the ground with half open eyes, her pupils dilated as they darted back and forth rapidly. A final blink returned her eyes back to normal as she glanced up weakly.

She slowly picks her arm up as to move, finding herself slipping over as she fell forward. "Damnnn eee..." She called out breathing heavily, blinking a bit puzzled as her voice didn't come out the way she wanted it to. She pushed up again only to slide forward more resting on her front. She breathed heavily in and out laying on the ground. She glanced up looking forward as she tried pulling her own frame slowly forward, attempting to find herself more cover using a tree or whatever she could before falling flat once again. Her eyes felt heavy as she closed them off, attempting to rest feeling weak.

It felt barely like she had slept at all. For now... she only felt the desire the rest her eyes... even if but for a little bit more... hopefully without those strange images she seen before.
    Last edited by HanaRei; 2013-09-23 at 01:19 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Minami goes eerily still, her blood running cold as she realizes what she's fond; quickly scanning the area for the shinobi's would be team before sensing a swarm back to bring someone to help her. As she goes to check her wounds, the young genin swiftly pulls her hand back and prepares to defend herself at the growl; though relaxes once the girls falls over once more. This was going to be hell on her nerves, she just new it.

"Uhm, miss; can you understand me?" she inquired as she warily leaned over the mysterious girl, keeping her eyes on her hands in case she tried anything. "You hurt, and you've be een exposed to the swamp and its making you sick. I'm going to try to help you before it can get worse, alright? Just nod if you understand," she elaborates, keeping her hands to herself to appear as non-threatening as possible; yet ready to bolt at a moment's notice.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl remained silent, hearing the words as they echoed in her mind. Her entire body felt as if it was stone, unable to move. Was it just a dream? Everything felt so hazy... so disorienting for her. Perhaps she was dead? Was it an angel that had swooped down to claim her soul... to carry her on?

It took a few moments as the faded voice started to make some sense. Nod her head? Her eyes seemed to struggle as if attempting to open, though sealed shut. They didn't seem to want to open at this point. She nodded weakly, not quite understanding just what the woman said. As far as she knew she might be asking if she wishes to be put down. Still, she felt she had to... to show she was alive.

Her lips parted weakly as her hot breath escaped her lips as she attempted to speak once again, her voice still not quite able to escape her lips. She kept quiet, closing her mouth a bit as her heavy breath continued to escape, her body still feeling to weak to attempt to move much herself.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Hisashi

Yamanaka stops as she's asked, nodding to herself. "Of course you would want to know." She stares at the door as if divining who is on the other side. She sighs a moment, reaching into her clothes for something to tie her hair back, buying a few moments to gather her thoughts. At the window, she nods to herself. "The other jounin don't think I should tell you your heritage yet, as they think it will compromise your loyalty at this stage in your training. However, I may be a healer before even that duty in some ways..." She fixes her hair and glasses in the slight reflection of the steamed up window, not being one much for the theatrics. In fact, she speaks rather mechanically for a moment, like reading from a script. "You possess a doujutsu, Hisashi. A powerful bloodline that the stress of yesterday forced you to unlock. Your possession of it, your mastery, will define your standing in the village, and what you can achieve personally. It will take time before you advance beyond the simple eidetic memory it grants, so for now it isn't much worth it to use it in the field."

She puts her back to the wall as she thinks. "My apprentice left some medicine on your bedside table there. Use that to suppress the eyes if it acts up on its own, until you stop being so damn scared of it." Her eyes look down over the hospital's lower levels through the window over her shoulder, her own little empire. "You see things in life, Hisashi. Terrible things. Things that... forgetting them is really all you can do. I know I try to. The worst of it comes when you're just a little older than you are now, at least when you're a shinobi. You'll lose so much and think it's because you failed. I'm sorry that for all your skin may harden, you might scar all the easier..." She sighs and from the look in her eyes, Hisashi can tell for a moment she seems genuinely sorry and weak. As she clears her throat, its gone however.

"Well.. how are you feeling? I don't have much documentation on how physically taxing that bloodline can be for the first time," she explains, producing her stethoscope to press it coldly against his bare chest, like a regular old checkup.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, one character at a time. I'll post this, do some homework, try to post for Tsume, then fit in some more homework, and see if I cna make an effort to bring everyone together. That or I'll study deep into the night and focus on it more on Sunday evening.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hisashi sat there quiet and looked at Yamanaka as she explained what it was and he felt how the pieces started falling in to their place about what had happened before. "A doujutsu?... I see... So that's what it was..." He said as he would look down on his hands for a bit as he was the thought sunk in to his mind. "So everything I see with my doujutsu I will remember?...But it was not only that... I felt my body responding much quicker to danger... I could see it much clearer and thus avoid it..."

Then as Yamanaka mentioned the medicine he would look to the table to look at it. "I'm not scared!... At least...Not anymore, I just... Did not know what it was, that's all... To remember everything so clearly...Overwhelmed me. I was not prepared for it." He said as he would clutch the bed sheets a bit. "I know you see things... Have preform acts which might not be pleasant. I realized this long ago... Even before all this... But now I know what is going on and I can prepare for it."

He stayed quiet and avoided to look at Yamanaka until she came up to him and put the stethoscope on his chest, moving back a bit from the cold as it had surprised him. "...I'm fine..." He answered quietly only to look at Yamanaka as he remembered what she said before. "...I have a slight headache, that's all... Other then that I have recovered." He would then stay quiet for quite a while, looking like he is trying to find the right words to say.

"What else do you know... How much has been hidden from me besides my bloodline?.... I don't want to be blind anymore.... My...Parents... Who are they?" He said as he would turn his head up to look at Yamanaka with intensive eyes. He knew it was wishful thinking that she would somehow know anything about his parents, but the feeling of the possibility was gnawing on him. And even if she did she would probably lie about it, just like he has been kept in the dark all this time about his heritage.
    Last edited by Nyan; 2013-10-13 at 04:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Minami bit her inner lip as she saw just how weak the girl was, wondering just how long the poor girl had been lost in the swamp for. The girl seemed to be about her age, yet she lack a hitai-ate; had the girl been would-be graduate that had run off after failing to graduate, or perhaps had she been swept up in the rains and gotten trapped in the swamp? And why where her kikkaichu acting so strange around the girl?

So many questions did the young Aburame heir have for the stranger beside her, yet it was clear that the girl wouldn't be able to answer any of them in her current state; with little else she could do, Minami went straight to work. "Don't worry, your safe now; I'm going to take care of you alright? You're going to be fine; just relax and rest, your body needs it," she offered, up trying to comfort the wounded lass as she began tending to her her damaged form; bandaging, cleaning and disinfecting her wounds as carefully as she could. Going so far as administering general antitoxins and antivirals to ward off the worst of the contaminants effects for now, and nip the slowly developing infection the girl was suffering from in the bud.

By the time the young girl had finished her swarm had returned with aid, her fellow mednin no less surprised then she'd been to know whence the girl had drifted in from; never mind that she was fortunate enough to escape with so few wounds. Together they ferry the mystery girl to the hospital; Minami doing her best to reassure the girl that all would be well.

If possible Minami would do to her best to check in on the lass as often as possible during her stay in the countryman shinobi ward; giving the disoriented lass some company and comfort,while her co-workers did their part to search for the girl's guardians.
    Spoiler
    Show

Took ten on a Treat Injury, Treat Poison and Treat Disease check. Each is DC15, and taking 10 Minami gets a 23 on each one. Meaning that Reina heals (1d4)[1] hp from her treatment.

Reasoning: The way I see it they likely would take her to the countrymen ward. She's clearly a kunoichi, though far too young to be more than a graduate; which fits given that she doesn't even have a hitai-ate yet, but shows clear signs of extensive training shinobi training. This all means that the chances of her being an infiltrator from another village are...slim. Granted this is likely to change once they find out there's no record of her in the village and Ninja Police arrives to get her testimony on what happened to her...

What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Reina lingered in and out of consciousness. Even as she was carried she could hear the voice speak up as more seemed to approach her. Perhaps she knew she was safe with them? It wasn't something she could quiet explain. As far as she might know, they could be taking her in to torture and kill, yet her body just felt no resolve to move... even if it would likely of been to a lackluster extent. Her eyes all but attempted to open each step blurred without being able to make out much detail before closing tightly once again.

Her eyes cracked open, glancing up towards the ceiling. Her body felt... much better... yet she still felt still so tired. She wasn't sure what had happened to her that strange night... but it felt as if it had pulled her very soul from her body, her soul attempting to claw its way back into her body.

She glanced around weakly, attempting to briefly make out her surroundings as the room at the time. She closed her eyes, the girl attempting to rest further, feeling to much worn to move at this point.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Hisashi

Yamanaka sits unfazed by his evaluation of his abilities.[COLOR=plum"] "Perhaps in time it would improve your reflexes. For now, all it should be is sensory overload. It'll take some time before before you can expect your body to match your eyes reflexes in real world combat, don't rush towards that in the field unless you're keen on me overcharging your medical bills." [/COLOR]Her dry, rather humourless wit likely does little in the way of comfort as she leans back in her perch. She nods as he goes on. "It's never to early to ready your heart. Especially when forgetting is not a luxury you can afford," she comments wistfully, falling silent for a time.

She purses her lips at his last question, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, Hisashi-kun. It's out of my hands..." She closes her eyes. "I don't entirely agree with the practice, but the village wants some assurance of your loyalty. With only one mission under your belt... well. The chuunin exams aren't far away now, a matter of weeks now." With that hint on how to prove his worth, she stands up and straightens herself as there's another knock at the door.

"Come, perhaps we can find some time at the training grounds when you can walk."

Minami

Minami is able to get help for the girl with some ease, and is thankfully informed at the front desk that the countryman ward has an entire room vacant today. Other interns come with her, asking the Aburame about the girl's state as they take notes on how to treat her, but let her lead the way to the surprisingly locked room. It clicks open as Minami approaches, almost like it knew she was coming.

Minami and Hisashi

Yamanaka opens the door, raising her eyebrow at Minami's appearance - "Another foggy morning, another stretcher full of incapacitated kunoichi. Aren't we lucky, Minami-chan?" she remarks sarcastically. Hisashi can see the medics come throw with the unidentified Reina in tow. A few of the interns sweep past, bowing briefly to Yamanaka as they prepare a bed. Yamanaka however raises an eyebrow as she looks the passing body over. "Hmm, filing seems off on this one, do look into that," she mutters to seemingly no one under her breath, but pays the girl not much more attention as she makes for the door.

That is, until Yamanaka stops dead in her tracks, eyes wide as saucers like she'd just seen a ghost's blood-caked maw. It was the rarest thing in the world for Minami to see her sensei showing actual concern, the many horrors she'd witnessed and related making most things seem trivial, but for that moment she could be mistaken for one of Minami's bugs. The genin can see that Reina's arms fell a little from its place and brushed against Yamanaka for an instant, apparently setting her off. She slowly turns her head to the girl as she is set down in her new bed, and opens her mouth to say something, but only a gasp escapes her lips until she gathers herself. She peers over the girl, removing her glasses for a moment as she feels at her neck.

She bows her head and clears her throat and it seems to be enough for her to return to her usual, un-excited disposition. She turns to the interns and points towards the door. "I'll take this one from here," she declares as they think better than to loiter, scampering off quickly to leave. She forms a quick hand seal and in a puff of smoke there's suddenly two Yamanakas. (DC 25 Ninjutsu check to identify the technique as a shadow clone derivative) One nods to Hisashi and Minami. "Well, children, how about we go training? I have a nice grounds set aside for the day, come come..." she beckons, leaving her other self with the patient as she hurries the two out quietly. When they leave the room there's a click at the door as its locked behind them, the clone quietly seeming to claim the whole ward for herself. Yamanaka tries not to look too deep in thought as she escorts the two out, and she happily gives Hisashi a light steroid to make sure he's walking again, barely giving him enough time to pull his shirt on as they head out. "Don't forget your medicine now..."

Tsume

The secretary-looking ninja gives him a last glare before turning and leaving. "Was I now?" Tsume was at least skilled enough to recognise a certain intent to her stance; she carried herself like she's ready to strike at a moment's notice.

Rikku sleeps lazily, rolling over to give the brother's a generous view from below the skylight as Tsume approaches. "Two more minutes, mommy... I don't wanna headbutt the wall anymore," she groans, apparently needing to nurse her hangover. Jounin-level endurance or not, it seems drinking his mother under the table was a herculean feat, and its likely neither of them would remember who won. She just about remembers up to asking about the village of stars, but not the answer... "Whuh...?" She raises her head just in time to have the flung scroll bounce off it, flying gaily through the air, end over end, off the edge of the roof. By the time Rikku pries herself off the floor and focuses her eyes, it seems it's nowhere to be found and she isn't even aware what just happened! "Huh..? Training... okay. Okay, okay! Um... breakfast first.... no, after.. Gotta earn it... though I could go for some of Yamanaka's medicine, that's always useful for the morning after..."

Perception DC 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    The scroll just barely got caught in the drain lining, and may have gotten caught by the leaf guard

If Tsume manages to point it out, they seem unable to locate or retrieve it without taking some of the house's infrastructure apart and Rikku doesn't seem that quick to get down to 'proper ninja stuff' this early in the morning, and decides to let it wait until Emika can clear out the ducts of the oven after lunch and she can get a clearer shot

Rikku takes Tsume and any interested (or forced) family members with her to the training grounds, though does stop for food if offered. She smells of booze and sweat without a shower, but seems unaware of that. But this was a swamp, so how noticable could it be.

Hisashi, Minami, Tsume

The training ground in question seems to be some firmer, forested area of the village away from the civilian buildings, a meagre few signs announcing the sparring-scarred land as off limits.

"Right... Minami, Hisashi. I believe you two could do with a good spar with each other. In the meantime, Minami, I would like to give - oh, by the sage, WHY..."

Yamanaka's studious thoughts give way to an utter facepalm interruptioon as they arrive at the training ground to find Rikku and her entourage there, Minami, Tsume and Hisashi meeting up by what the good doctor would call a cruel coincidence. Rikku at least lacks a lot of her usual energy as she gives a tired wave and half smile. "Hey, Seno-chan..." "Never call me that." "Oh.... I was just wondering if you had the stuff, you know..." "No. What's Tsume doing here?" "Huh? Training, see." "I see..." Yamanaka rather conspicuously takes some sort of mental note as she sighs and turns to her students.

The two jounin kind of drift away for a bit, a good hundred yard clearing apart though each can still clearly see and hear the other as Yamanaka seems to make some note to expand the training grounds enough to not run into Rikku so often. Rikku stays closer to her personal training area, where the ground is sturdiest though not as hard as her own property's land.

Rikku shakes her head, wondering what that was all about. "Oh well... hey, Minami-chan, hey Hisashi-kun!" she greets loudly about a full minute after first seeing them before getting back to her entourage. "Right, start running laps of the clear, 'kay? Get those legs pumping. Tsume-kun's gotta learn Shundou soon~" Sadly her ill-defined lap seems to bring the running party up next to Yamanaka's group...

Yamanaka finds a particularly flat log and beckons Hisashi to sit on it. "I know you've got somewhere you want to be, Hisashi, but I think you would benefit from setting some of your fears to rest now. Now sit down and balance yourself, and try to channel chakra to your eyes. Don't worry if you manifest the bloodline again, you have medicine. It's just a basic chakra control pattern. Focus on that for a moment..."

Yamanaka shakes her head as she suddenly reaches over and pats Minami's hair. "I never did hear your story out like I normally do. I know it's hot to be a lot going on in your mind, Minami-chan..." she says, stroking her hair with a rarely-seen affection one never sees offered to a bug-carrying Aburame. She raises her hand a moment and slips something out of her sleeve. When Minami next blinks, she feels it wrapped around her head, her very own headband to mark her a full genin of the marsh, all polished up like new

"You can tell me all about it after training. First, why don't you two introduce yourselves a bit, starting today you are training partners."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisashi can make a DC15 Chakra Control check to open his Sharingan in time to record Minami's reaction to her headband. He'll need to take another dose of his medicine to close it however.

Everyone gets a day's worth of training while I work Reina in

Reina

Reina can feel herself being transported around and randomly checked and felt by her captors... or saviours depending on perspective, until a warm fluffy embrace of a bed seems to signal enough safety for her to give in to her exhaustion. That and maybe some sleeping pills, it was hard to say.

Reina awakens in a dark room to find herself feeling lighter and more clear-headed.. as she checks herself over she finds herself in a bed... a full, hospital bed with linen sheets, and her gear is gone, in its place a patient's gown. Her dreams seem to have left her, though beyond a cold tingle at the base of her spine as she tries to recall them she can scarcely tell what was going on before. She can speak normally... and her vision's clear enough for her to see she's not alone.

A platinum blonde young woman in medical scrubs is pacing the room. She wears some curved glasses and a nonplussed expression, and is decorated by a long, bulky coat bearing an emblem of the village of the marsh on her back. It doesn't take much to identify her as some head honcho around these parts. When she sees you're awake, the sea-green-eyed ninja nods and stops her pacing once she has your attention, turning to you. "Not sure why my student decided to leave you in the countrymen ward despite you obviously being an ash-nin. Would you care to identify yourself, little miss? I did heal your wounds after all, and we are technically countrymen. You're not on any of the wanted posters, so I wouldn't want to assume you're playing hooky." There's not a lot of warmth to her cynical voice, but she cuts straight to it. You'r enot feeling tired anymore, though she doesn't seem to be a direct threat unless you do something very stupid

Spoiler
    Show
    DC 25 Ninja lore to identify her specifically as White Captain Yamanaka Seno

There's a window at your back with the blinds closed, it couldn't be much later than noon judging by the light coming in. The door appears to be locked, and judging by the empty beds you are alone in the hospital with this woman. "Your parents must be worried sick. Although..."

Wits DC 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    She seems to know more than she lets on.
    Wits DC another 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though that could just be a bluff
    Wits DC 25[
    SPOILER]You can't succeed at this... right?
    [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2013-10-27 at 04:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Reina felt very 'strange' waking up. The memories of her dreams all but escaping her. It felt so... strange. Her mind wandered back, thinking vaguely of her own actions having been carried and even resting in the bed. It felt almost as if she wasn't herself. Had it all been due to that night she could hardly call when she was jumped by those marsh people? Either way, she shook her head feeling as if fully renewed. It didn't take her long however to turn her head and see the eyes of the one she felt upon her since she awoke.

Hearing her ask of her , the teen looked a little bit uneasy. She seemed to be suspicious of her... or more to the point it felt as if her questions were more for 'formalities' then anything else. As direct as the girl could be, she seemed a bit uneasy around her. She looked away not wanting to expose herself, simply shrugging off the comment about her being 'ash' as if not responding would maybe make her drop the notion naively. She could be bluffing, though she couldn't be fully sure.

"Reina, and my mother is dead so I don't have anyone to worry about me." She spoke out with a bit of a snappy tone, not at all desiring to bring out anything about her father she had not the slightest clue about. She showed a little defiance, as if reluctant to speak out towards the woman at first. She turned her head back seeming to rethink her attitude a bit after a few moments. "Th... thanks I mean... f... for taking care of me but I don't need someone worrying about me. " She blushed lightly keeping a stern look, feeling a bit embarrassed to be thanking her particularly after being a bit defiant in her initial response.

Action:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bluff check, just incase you want me to make it. Figure not since she isn't actually lieing, just avoiding the question but in case. ^^
    [roll0]

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hisashi had not expected to get an answer from her but it still made him feel quite angry. "Kh!...Typical..." He said with clear disdain to his voice as he gripped on the sheets, turned away and gritted his teeth a bit. As much as he wanted to shout and argue he realized he would only be wasting his breath and so he remained silent until there was a knock on the door.

As Yamanaka goes for the door and tells him they might be able to do some training this morning Hisashi would slowly sit up and put his shirt on. Tho as the clothes he had before had been burned he simply put on a white shirt and a white pair of pants that he could borrow from the hospital. Tho luckily his battle vest was still in fairly good shape so he would strap that on under his shirt.

Gently sliding off the bed he places his feet on the ground to check how it was to stand and even tho it felt a bit unsteady at first he quickly found his balance. Stopping for a moment to look at the medicine that was placed beside him he hesitated to take it but eventually did so before he headed towards Yamanaka and Minami. Just in time to notice Yamanaka's unusual reaction as the new patient was rushed past them, not being able to identify her himself. "Sensei?... What just happened?" He asked her a bit curiously.

Seeing then how she made a hand seal and a puff of smoke made a second Yamanaka Hisashi would simply nod and follow Yamanaka as he was guided out from the hospital. The steroid Yamanaka gave him helping quite a bit to get him up and running again.

Well at the training ground Hisashi would look around a bit, listening to Yamanaka starting to speak until she is suddenly interrupted by Rikku and Tsume appearing as well. Looking a bit towards Yamanaka as she facepalms and looks back and forth between the two Jounin while they talk.

Following Yamanaka to her side of the training ground Hisashi would nod slightly towards Rikku as she calls out to him before then seating himself on the log as Yamanaka instructed him to. Simply staying quiet and looking at his sensei as she spoke without responding. Tho he did as he was told and closed his eyes and tried to focus chakra to his eyes, crossing his legs and placing his hands together in his lap. And even tho he had was no novice in gathering chakra to that place in particular the sudden images of fire flashing before his eyes disturbed him greatly and he ended up placing his hand over his eyes to rub them a bit. "Gh!...Dammit..." He muttered until he was told to introduce himself.

Slowly looking up and opening his eyes to look at Minami he watched her for a moment until he finally spoke. "The name's Hisashi. I believe Yamanaka-Sensei introduced you as Minami correct?"
    Last edited by Nyan; 2013-10-29 at 05:52 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Yes you were, Yamanaka-sensei said so." Tsume says, yawning again. He didn't really take note of her stance, though his own spoke of being ready to fight, even half asleep. He closes the door and walks up to his mother and teacher on the roof.

Tsume grumbles loudly at Rikku. "No, not two more minutes Rikku-sensei! I've already been up for an hour!" He says as he watches the scroll sail off Rikku's forehead and over the edge of the roof. "I really hope that wasn't important. I think it fell in the leaf trap." He shrugs. "When you can walk come down for breakfast Rikku-sensei." He walks back downstairs to get dressed and eat, himself. It's a simple breakfast, though they seemed to eat strangely here. Oatmeal was not a common thing to eat. Must have been something from his parent's travels.

Tsume decides it's best not to mention to Rikku that she stinks. She was hung over already and who knows what might cause her to snap.

"Good morning Yamanaka-sensei! It looks like everyone thought training would be a good idea today!" Tsume calls out cheerily in the cool morning air. "Rikku-sensei is helping me learn shundou, I should have it down the day after tomorrow!" He grins for a moment then his face wrinkles slightly. "Wait... The morning after that I should have it. Unless I try harder." He shrugs with a grin on his face. "Who knows!"

Tsume doesn't say anything to Minami or Hisashi, though he does stare long and hard at Hisashi, almost glaring at him. Despite Tsume's work on taking out an Uchiha and saving clone Yamanaka, it felt like all the attention was on Hisashi. Hisashi passed out! Tsume was clearly the stronger of the two genin.

When Tsume's lap takes him close to Yamanaka and her team, he looks over at Hisashi and grins at him. "Still not feeling good? You should go home before you pass out again Hisashi."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hisashi had simply ignored Tsume's glare earlier, being to occupied with his own attempts to focus with his eyes. But as Tsume came closer while running and smirked at him with his taunt something boiled up from Hisashi. He had already been in the worst mood he could be without showing much, first having had the worst night of his life filled with nightmares and barely being able to sleep at all, parts of his body permanently scared with burns, his belongings destroyed in the fire and when asking about his parents and who he was he was simply shot down without getting answers. And now as he is just about to snap from all that is boiling up inside of him this kid comes along and nudges him over the edge.

His anger got the best of him as he would turn to look back at Tsume with murder in his eyes. standing up as he then made a hand seal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisashi uses Taibakudou no Jutsu (Body Binding Stare Technique) On tsume, avoiding to hit anyone else with the technique.

Tsume roll a will save with a DC of 17 or you will be cowering in fear not able to take any actions. (You also lose your dexterity bonus to AC and a -2 penalty to AC as well tho that's not all to relevant)

What Tsume sees if he fails.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tsume notices how everything gets slightly darker as if the sun is blocked by thick black clouds. The ground gets covered in thin white mist and Hisashi stands there with a spectral being made from the mist raising up behind him. Its form is not really clear but a pair of red eyes gleam as they stare at him. He is unable to move as if the same being is holding him stuck and he can feel as if some cold clawed hands are placed on his shoulders.

Hisashi grits his teeth and closes his hands in to fists as he glares at him as if he wants to set him on fire with his gaze. "You better be careful kid... Or you will be the one passing out..." Hisashi warns him with an cold angry tone to his voice. Barely holding himself back to shout.
    Last edited by Nyan; 2013-11-03 at 12:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Tsume hadn't expected Hisashi to respond to his taunting. The older boy had always just ignored him before. So when Hisashi stood up off the log, Tsume came to a sudden stop in his running. Then he saw Hisashi forming hand seals and alarms went up in his head. Tsume had always been weak to genjutsu, and Hisashi excelled in it. He felt the wave of fear brush across his mind and... then nothing. Tsume hesitates a second and looked around. Then he refocused his gaze on Hisashi and grinned. "Looks like your genjutsu didn't work on me!" Tsume shifted a foot before dashing at Hisashi. "You'll find taijutsu doesn't run quite that risk!"

Tsume suddenly stops, rotating on a single foot swinging his arm around, aiming for a head blow.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Yama-Uchi

Attack: (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[5] Non-Lethal
    DC 16 Fort save or be stunned and knocked prone

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Hisashi, Tsume, Minami

Yamanaka sighs as Tsume passes buy. "Bug off, kid," she starts to say before Hisashi takes matters into his own hands. Her eyes widen at his sudden genjutsu use. "Hisashi-!" she snaps at him before Tsume seems to quickly recover. She nods over to Rikku across the way, who breaks from her alchoholic standing coma for a second to leap to a sort of action. Tsume's hit whacks Hisashi clean in the jaw, dropping him to the ground with surprising force that catches even Yamanaka off guard as she disregards Minami to go break up the fray. "STOP," the ninja matron commands simply.

Tsume feels powerful arms, like entire tree barks, wrapping around him as Rikku puts him instantly in a lock. "Bad Tsume, what the hell!" she demands, only seeing the part where Tsume ran up and decked the blonde kid, as oblivious as she was.

Fearing his retaliation, Yamanaka quickly forms hand seals. As Hisashi's head is still spinning from the attack, he sees petals fall and swirl all around him... it's rather soothing, actually. His worries slip away, along with his need to fight back. After all, Tsume wasn't going to attack again, he should just relax and let Yamanaka heal him...

Sure enough, Tsume can see after pacifying him, Yamanaka quickly sets some chakra to fix the boy's jaw. Inspecting her handiwork, she nods to herself before snapping her fingers and dispelling her illusion, 'waking' Hisashi up. She levels the first glare she'd ever given the boyat Hisash. "Disgraceful, the pair of you. That is not proper conduct for sparring. Not that I need your students interacting with mine."

"Oh come on, Se- I mean, Yamanaka-sensei, it's just boys being boys..." Rikku argues. "Shush, 'wyrmling'." Rikku shuts up at that, looking like she'd just been slapped in the face. There's an awkward silence between the two for a long moment before Yamanaka sighs. "Hisashi, it was a mistake to force you to train so early. Go relax for the day if you feel you must." She shakes her head and takes up her own perch next to Minami.

"You know... they could have it out properly... in Shinobi Etiquette...."Rikku mutters,a bit intimidated by Yamanaka's verbal viciousness to really voice her idea.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hisashi failed his save so I don't know if he's able to identify the technique. Eh, roll it anyway if you want. Anyway, he remains 'calmed' for the few rounds it takes for Yamanaka to get him to max HP with a healing technique before she dismissed the spell

Also, never said your possessions were destroyed by fire. Other than the sword, obviously ^_^

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Reina

Reina can remember much of the night, but not the specific feeling of that evil force filling her body. Almost like the very ability to sense that change never existed in the first place....

---

"Poor dear. Well, death happens in this profession," she remarks, just as detatched as Reina said her news. "Most ninja my age are orphans," she needlessly adds, perhaps some emotion showing through her hard shell. She fixes her platinum bangs and gives another lap of the room.

She shakes her head at the thanks. "Any of my underlings would have done the same. There wasn't much to heal. You were quite lucky out there, from what I saw of you, to make it out with only some internal lacerations. Did you encounter the swamp dwellers?" She reaches for what looks like a map on the wall, but before you can study it, she takes it down and starts to look it over. She eventually shrugs and discards it, pinning it loosely back on the wall. "Luckiest of all is that you found the one and only current that could have taken you into the village in your sleep. With pitfalls and savages and misdirection, the swamp is impossible to navigate at night. Or should be. I don't think you would even be able to find your way back out."

"But now I'm just babbling to myself, I digress," she shakes her head. "It's obvious you're not from here anyway. I have records of each villagers medical history, and you are simply alien. But i took care of you anyway because that is my ninja way." She nods to herself, fixing her glasses. "Tell me, what do you intend to do here? I assume you're here for work. Sana Suri's rebellion can't have drawn in another unaccounted for youth, could it?" The name is very familiar

Spoiler
    Show
    Hint coin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check previous Reina posts

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hisashi fell to the ground with a thud and slid a few inches on the ground holding one hand over his face where he had got hit. Disoriented and dizzy Hisashi is not able to get himself back up and retaliate before he starts to see petals flowing down from the sky. "...Genjutsu?..." He asks himself while he feels his anger disappear for a moment and Yamanaka comes to his aid.

Laying there still on the ground he lets Yamanaka heal the damage while he watches the petals flow around him he knew that it was not real but he could not set his mind to resist it and break free, not seeing any real reason to do so. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath through his nose.

Then as the genjutsu is dispelled his eyes snap open and he sits up quickly. Placing his hand on his jaw and feeling it a bit slowly raising his eyes up at Tsume and glaring at him with a deadly stare. Completely ignoring Yamanaka as he sits there and simply glares at Tsume.

Slowly standing up he brushes of some dirt from his clothes before looking at Yamanaka as she advices him to rest for the day. "...No..." He says after quite a long time of silence. "...The fact that I got hit by that god dam brat over there shows I need more training than ever...I was too soft...But that wont happen again." He says while he looks over his shoulder back at Tsume again with the same hateful eyes.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Reina looked at her hearing her mentioning of death. Her head turned as if giving a cold glare to the wall rather then to the woman, more so in thought to herself. I wish she might of perished in such a way... She thought to herself looking almost angry. It wasn't that the woman she was directing her anger at either. She always felt it had been her own fault for her mothers death. If she hadn't been born...

Shifting back her attention to Yamanaka, she heard about her own condition. "I... I was?" She spoke softly. She looked up a bit in thought. It seemed so clear what happened. Did she really fight that well off? She could of swore things were far from as smooth. Recalling it, it made her feel a little uneasy at herself just how fierce she was. Its said though that combat can change someone... revealing their true selves. She couldn't make out if the change she had was to be admired or feared. Either way, it was likely what had saved her life and gotten her out unharmed. See... I don't need to be watched over like a lost pup helpless in being able to protect myself. I'm not some weakling that has to be kept away from others! She thought to herself.

Reina turned her head up realizing she had drifted off in her own thought just as Yamanaka finished off her own mumbling. She blushed a bit in embarrassment feeling quite rude. Hoping to not have it noticed, she was quick to respond. "Ah.... well I'm not really from... a village." She spoke, perhaps not picking exactly the best thing to say in an attempt to hide the fact she had drifted off in mid conversation. She looked down thinking a bit realizing what she said.

Telling what village she was from would only lead to more trouble, she was sure of it. She could be kept prisoner or sent back home. She had to find her friend Kaza. "I... I'm trying to find someone... a friend. I'm really not sure just where they can be. I'm wandering around just hoping to eventually find them." She looked up, some doubt in her mind her words might really work to deter suspicion from herself. Still, she felt she needed to tell her own intentions and be truthful with it. Her eyes fixated on the young nameless woman with a strong sense of dedication.
    Peeking back in after a long break.

Avatar by the Awesome Ceika of my character Aisha Silverlight. :)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Tsume smirks at Hisashi as his hand connects and knocks the smug genin to the ground. He wasn't surprised that their sensei's had broken up their little scuffle so quickly, what was surprising was how Yamanaka was so hostile to Rikku. "Yamanaka-sensei, that was just pointlessly mean! Don't take it out on Rikku because your student got clobbered." Something apparently was grating at Tsume, vicious as he was being. He pulls on Rikku as she's holding him, seemingly eager to get at Hisashi again.

He meets Hisashi's glaring eyes. He grins maniacally as he does so, then opens his mouth to speak. "Are you finally angry? Are you furious with me? Ready to do whatever it takes to get back at me?" He pulls hard against Rikku just to get even a little closer. "Good." He says with no small amount of bizarre glee. "I've done my job then." He sighs a bit and laughs. "And when this happens next time, maybe it will be more even a fight!" Tsume looks over his shoulder at Rikku. "Come on Rikku-sensei. I told you I'd learn Shundou in 4 days. Can't do it if I'm not practicing!"

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Minami simply smiles at Yamanaka's comment, "I believe they're the lucky one's sensei; I'm just the medium for it," she replies as she gives the other medical practitioner room to do their jobs, noting Yamanaka's reaction for future reference before allowing herself to be moved out of the room with her fellow pupil.

During the walk to the training grounds the young Aburame remains silent; stifling so even by her clans standards as she ruminates on the mornings events trying to unlock the secret behind her teachers uncharacteristic reaction, for while training was appreciated her Yamanaka's rush lit quite a few alarms in the would-be genin's mind. At first she had thought her swarms initial hesitance to approach the girl may have been due to the contaminants on her body, or some abnormal pheromone or substance which her kikkai had found most unpleasant; yet given her teachers reaction, it clearly was more than that.

Her diagnosis had not located anything alarming in the girl, and the fact that neither of them were heading towards isolation removed the possibility of her teacher having found a contagious contaminant she herself had missed. Compounding this to the fact that the reaction had been elicited through what she assumed to have been accidental contact ruled out the possibility of her teacher discovering something via ninjutsu as well. As such whatever had elicited that reaction must have surely been through a method that could be undertaken instinctively by both her kikaichu and Yamanaka; comparing what she knew of the two's sensory abilities it left one thing at the likely cause, the girl's chakra.

Alas the conclusion only brought with it even greater questions, and before she could even attempt to delve deeper in her spiraling musings they had arrived at the training grounds and her attention was demanded by the world once more; though allows the light verbal sparring between the two jounin to go largely uninterrupted, giving Rikku a court nod in greeting before noting the apparent hostility between Hisashi and Tsume. For a moment she fears an altercation would arise, but the air is quickly cleared by the two jounin and the groups happily move on to there own activities.

At the sudden unexpected touch of her hair Minami tenses slightly for a moment before relaxing, allowing the surprising display of affection to run its course. At the apology Minami prepares to assure her teacher that she need not worry about it, but her words soon die in her throat as an unexpected wight settles on her head. It takes a moment for the Aburame heir to realize what it is, her face carefully stilled as a hand reaches up to confirm her suspicions; the smile she gave when flesh brushed cloth and metal could have blinded the sun itself even with her glasses and coat obscuring most of it.

Minami glee with barely repressed glee, her hand twitching slightly; unsure of what would be the proper response for the gift given that they were in public. "Y-Yes! Of course Sensei!" she beamed happily to herself, though subduing her reaction a bit more once Hisashi's greeting reminded her that he was next to them.

"Yes, we met yesterday as a matter of fact; though given your condition I don't fault you for not remembering me," she said with a demure smile that said not to worry about it. The boy seemed well enough given that he was likely recovering from a light case of PTSD; though in truth when Tsume arrived to taunt him she was not at all surprised by the boy's reaction.

Wisely the lass decided to step back from the growing scuffle, allowing the two jounin to separate the two lads from one another before either could be seriously injured; though she can't help but sigh at the sight of Tsume further goading Hisashi further.

Ignoring the hot air spewing forth freely from the intemperate lad, Minami walks over to Hisashi and place a hand by the corner of his shoulder. "Hisashi-san. It is not my place to tell you to let it go, but please don't let it bother you too much," she began centering her gaze of the young cypher.

"He is a brat seeking your attention, and your anger only feeds his ego. Glaring at him and plotting your revenge against his type will only encourage him to be a larger nuisance to you in the future. If you truly wish to repay his slight in kind then the best thing you can do is ignore him, and rob him of the satisfaction of seeing you obsess, simmer or seethe over him," she explained clinically hoping to clear some of the red haze lingering in her fellow pupils mind; pointedly ignoring the fact that said brat was likely still within listening distance.

"Though you are right. We really should start our training soon; just don't try to push yourself too hard because him," she added in a more amiable tone.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2013-11-09 at 11:39 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Kh!...Air headed fool..." He scoffed back at Tsume's words as he would move his eyes away from him and close them for a bit. Rubbing his fingers over his eyelids he then felt Minami's hand on his shoulder. Looking towards her and listening to what she had to say he watched her with a cold emotionless expression. "No... It's not your place... But you are right." He said with a flat tone as he would slowly move her hand away from his shoulder, not meaning anything rude by it but simply not wanting her hand there.

"Yeah. I know ignoring him would be the best course of action. But I simply lost my cool for a brief moment there and I paid the price for it. He's out of my concern already so don't worry. He's not worth to delve upon" He responded as he would take out the medicine and rub some of it over his eyes just incase his anger would somehow trigger his doujutsu without him being in control of it.

Not paying Tsume anymore attention he would go with Minami and proceed with his training for the day.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Events of the week, and Reina's induction

A cold spell is in the air, most felt by Reina now that she's away from her precious village, and the warmth of its underground halls. Yamanaka kept her in her hospital room the whole of the first day, insisting she recover, though she felt fine enough. Eventually, the matron returned with some news; that Reina was allowed probationary citizenship in the village as a mercenary ninja. She offers her the deal that if she is willing, she could become a true ninja of the marsh, though senses it is not Reina's intent when she hesitates. However, when leaving the hospital, happy coincidence brings Yamanaka the bargaining leverage she so desired. She escorts Reina out, and they happen upon the foreign ninja beds as Yamanaka's muttering somethin about this being the alternative if her student had filed Reina's bed properly, when Reina sees for herself a familiar face

The Uchiha girl she had sought was just lying there, beat up and unconscious, but alive and well. No matter how hard Reina masks her reaction, Yamanaka spots it well enough. "We were supposed to kill her and her partner," Yamanaka explains, "As per the terms of our mission. She can't work off her own bounty since her living could be easily found out in the field and we would lose good standing with the Ash. You on the other hand..." She fixes her glasses. "I'm very interested in you, Reina. There's not many young ninja that could safely navigate to our village without a map. I have a place open in my genin team. If you join it, I will ensure the safety of all three of you within our village, granted your shared good behaviour." By all three of them, she indicates to Kaza, Reina herself, and a badly burnt strawberry blonde girl who Reina doesn't recognise. Yamanaka assumes Reina cares for the girl unless corrected; if Reina says she doesn't care what happens to the girl then she is gone the next time that Reina visits Kaza in the hospital.

The Uchiha girl remains unconscious for a time, though the more agreeable she is to Yamanaka's proposition, the more Reina notices that Kaza seems well taken care of. She seems to be under a genjutsu while Yamanaka 'takes care of formalities', as are all the other rival ninja cooped up in that ward as essential prisoners.

Reina is free to train and wander the village if she wants, though even she can tell that ANBU are following her and keeping her out of trouble. If she agrees to Yamanaka's terms, she can spend her time trianing under her watchful eye

Hisashi finds Torasi later that day, for her to worry over him some more. She holds him tight in the middle of the street outside her shop and makes him promise he would be more careful. She hasn't any explanation for the state of his sword, but promises to have something ready for his next mission, whenever that is. She forgets her own strength with the constant hugging and agitates his wounds, though whether he speaks up on it remains a mystery. Hisashi is kept in relative peace as he trains, and Yamanaka seems to see to it that there's no more training with Rikku or her foolish young genin. By the end of the week, he's able to activate the eyes without losing his footing with the sense of unbalance, but Yamanaka still assures him it is far from battle ready. If he presses her for further explanation, she simply tells him "Your eyes are special, Hisashi. There is a risk you could be killed for them. That risk is weighted into your odds of victory from using it, and I hardly find their use compelling where flashing it to a stray survivor could mean your head being hunted, or worse."

Tsume notices that Rikku's face falls when at last they get back from their training day and retrieve her scroll from behind the oven. She puts on a tough front and doesn't let him read it, but is obviously disturbed by whatever news was on it and goes home by herself. She seems in a downer mood for the next few days and kind of distant, though gives an occasional smile when Tsume trains his hardness. Perhaps seeing her smile pushes him to train that bit harder. Either way, she doesn't share her problems with her mere pupil.

Tsume's father has to comment at some point just how much Tsume's eating now. His mother assures him that the 8 bowls of ham and rice he didn't remember eating are perfectly normal for a growing boy of her blood.

Minami Minami gets a chance to be well acquinted with Hiashi. Well, as well as she can anyway. Yamanaka tells the two of them she's looking into a third member after some concerns from Hiashi's team mates concerning their safety. Tozawa, it seems, had some sort of panic attack and was deemed unready for battle. EIther way, Minami gets to spend more time with Yamanaka than she had in a while, and with the Marsh's secret weapon in the Sharingan,

Grandpa is quick to teach her now, even after her classes with Yamanaka. While Yamanaka teaches her basic sparring, and more medical techniques than she rightly knows what to do with, grandpa chases her up to teach her creative uses of strategies and her bugs. It seems they want to drill the little Aburame hard in preperation for her first field mission.

ALL

After a week, each ninja receives a notification calling them to an assembly point. Oddly enough, it's the gate outside of the Aburame compound, not far from Torasi's shop. Each of the genin gather there on their own time to find Rikku waiting with a mission scroll, looking excited, if obviously nervous, for the first time in weeks. Curiously, her adult body and full muscle mass is clearly visible for once. "Hello kids! We've got a lot of business to take care of today, as soon as our first client gets here..." She seems rather distracted in waiting for that person whoever they are, though gets distracted when Reina shows up.

Rikku Li is obviously not from around here, and Reina recalls hearing Yamanaka loudly discussing her as the worst ninja to ever receive the rank of special jounin. She's tall, toned, tanned, and surprisingly good natured. She wore a taijutsu expert's battle regalia, with no visible headband at the moment. She seems pleasant and honest, if a bit blunt in her speaking. "Hello there, missy. Are you the special one that Yamanaka-sensei was talking about? What's your name then? She didn't forbid you from introducing yourself, did she?" It seems Rikku would not explain why she was leading this mission wihout being confronted on it by someone