New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kanto: The Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Anonyman View Post
    Ah Muk.
    Somewhat startled by the angry Growlithe, Garrick isn't too surprised. Well, running now would be a terrible idea, in broad daylight he'd never make it out.
    Making a show of looking around, he plays innocence as much as he can. Luckily the rabid animal will be reason enough for nervousness, but he plays out his lies in his head.
    Scuffs are from the rattata from yesterday, he had an Alabi for that. Staying at the gym to train the Ekans...came into town before any of it happened...
    Ok.
    Pretending to accept that it must be them, he walks forward, while avoiding being right next to the angry animal.
    "Um...whats up?"
    He holds his hands up.
    "That's a... rather angry Pokemon."
    The dog sniffs you, then barks a few times, growling angrily and struggling against the leash.

"Sir, have you heard about the fire in Mr. Oldreck's fields outside of town recently?" the guard asks, eyeing you suspiciously.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I um...yeah, at the gym this morning. A few people mentioned it. New trainer and all, just got an Ekans...you don't think that thing can smell it on me can you?"
    He shows his nervousness at the barking dog, mainly because it was real. He didn't want a bite from it.
    Sticking to trutheful statements as long as he could as well, far easier to do than straight lies.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

"I um...yeah, at the gym this morning. A few people mentioned it. New trainer and all, just got an Ekans...you don't think that thing can smell it on me can you?"
    He shows his nervousness at the barking dog, mainly because it was real. He didn't want a bite from it.
    Sticking to trutheful statements as long as he could as well, far easier to do than straight lies.
    The guards nod.

"Sir, we're going to have to ask you to return to the office with us. Just a formality, I assure you."

Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garrick tries to appear resigned.
    "Is it possible to come later or something? I managed to land a job here", he makes a motion at the building behind him "And I really don't want to lose it. From what the guard guy told me, job's are hard to come by here. I hafta get trained so that I can set out soon to help as a guard and if I miss my chance now it'll be too late at nightfall cause I wanna get some field experience and..."
    He trails off. Trying to play the ignorance card at full tilt, he tries to seem to not know the gravity of them wanting to bring him in.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Garrick tries to appear resigned.
    "Is it possible to come later or something? I managed to land a job here", he makes a motion at the building behind him "And I really don't want to lose it. From what the guard guy told me, job's are hard to come by here. I hafta get trained so that I can set out soon to help as a guard and if I miss my chance now it'll be too late at nightfall cause I wanna get some field experience and..."
    He trails off. Trying to play the ignorance card at full tilt, he tries to seem to not know the gravity of them wanting to bring him in.
    "You know procedure. We have to take you in. Now. I'm sure your boss will understand. We can make sure you don't lose your job."

Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nodding his head, he agrees. No evidence on him or anything, best he had was the few scuffs and burns on him, but if he had to he'd say that he got them from the Rattata, which he had a slight alibi for. Running or protesting more would just incriminate him.

"Alright, if it will help."
    For now he would just hope that they had what looked to be a better lead than him and he could lie his way out.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Nodding his head, he agrees. No evidence on him or anything, best he had was the few scuffs and burns on him, but if he had to he'd say that he got them from the Rattata, which he had a slight alibi for. Running or protesting more would just incriminate him.

"Alright, if it will help."
    For now he would just hope that they had what looked to be a better lead than him and he could lie his way out.
    The guards walk with you, taking you to a small building. They lead you into a small room, locking you inside. A single light shines on you, blinding you. The room is plain except for a desk and a mirror.

Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leaning back in his chair, Garrick attempts to hide his nervousness. He certainly had nothing he would confess, and he didn't think anything could be directly traceable to him. Any real evidence was in his room at the gym, so as long as they didn't search there...

He sits and waits. This wasn't his first interrogation, and certainly wouldn't be his last.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Leaning back in his chair, Garrick attempts to hide his nervousness. He certainly had nothing he would confess, and he didn't think anything could be directly traceable to him. Any real evidence was in his room at the gym, so as long as they didn't search there...

He sits and waits. This wasn't his first interrogation, and certainly wouldn't be his last.
    Eventually an older guard walks into the room, slapping down some files and looking at you. He takes a seat, not speaking.

Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Furrowing his eyebrows, Garrick nods towards the files.
    "Um...should I?"
    Assuming he doesnt say anything or nods, Garrick opens up the files.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Furrowing his eyebrows, Garrick nods towards the files.
    "Um...should I?"
    Assuming he doesnt say anything or nods, Garrick opens up the files.
    The man's hand slams down, stopping you from opening the file. His steely grey eyes just stare at you. He still hasn't said a word.

Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Holding his hands out, he leans back in his chair.
    "Ah, sorry. My bad."
    He looks uncomfortably at the guy. He'd probably need to remember this face for better or for worse anyway in the future. Not like there was anywhere else to look in the room.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Holding his hands out, he leans back in his chair.
    "Ah, sorry. My bad."
    He looks uncomfortably at the guy. He'd probably need to remember this face for better or for worse anyway in the future. Not like there was anywhere else to look in the room.
    The man still sits there. For a second you thought he blinked, but it must have been a trick of the light. He just keeps staring at you.

Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

If this man thought he was going to break just from being stared at, he had either severely underestimated me or thought I might know something. Either way, this was far better than direct confrontation, less thinking on his feet.
    He scratched behind his ear and leaned back to avoid giving off any nervous ticks that he knew of. He'd give it a bit more time of silence before trying to strike up some form of conversation.

The first move could be fatal, but staying silent for too long would make him look guilty.

"So..."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

If this man thought he was going to break just from being stared at, he had either severely underestimated me or thought I might know something. Either way, this was far better than direct confrontation, less thinking on his feet.
    He scratched behind his ear and leaned back to avoid giving off any nervous ticks that he knew of. He'd give it a bit more time of silence before trying to strike up some form of conversation.

The first move could be fatal, but staying silent for too long would make him look guilty.

"So..."
    The man holds the file in his hand. He places it down on the table, then opens it. Inside are pictures of a burned farm that seem eerily familiar.

"Son, have you see this farm?" the man finally asks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Guile since, well, lying.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2013-02-22 at 01:59 AM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well...I believe I saw it the morning after I got here, so early yesterday? I went biking that morning before my job search to keep in shape and all. It's hard to tell if it's the same one though..."
    And now the key point. Keep fidgeting to a minimum, don't show any tells.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guile - (2d6-1)[5]
    Last edited by Anonyman; 2013-02-22 at 10:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

"Well...I believe I saw it the morning after I got here, so early yesterday? I went biking that morning before my job search to keep in shape and all. It's hard to tell if it's the same one though..."
    And now the key point. Keep fidgeting to a minimum, don't show any tells.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    The man simply nods, holding up the files. He looks at you, setting the pictures back down.

"Interesting, since it burned last night. So, tell me, what do you know about Growlithe?"

Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

What did he know about Growlithe...?
    "Not a lot, fire type, tracking skills like a normal dog? I think the one from before would be the only one I've seen, I don't know of any in Pallet. Well, there may have been one or two, but I don't think I ever got up close to them. Can't say I'm a huge fan of dogs."
    Less so after yesterday. He was increasingly thankful to not have any bites or major burns. He didn't actually know if the Growlithe from before could spit fire for that matter. This one hadn't, but he didn't know if that was because he was in a field or if it just wasn't able to.
    Last edited by Anonyman; 2013-02-22 at 08:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

What did he know about Growlithe...?
    "Not a lot, fire type, tracking skills like a normal dog? I think the one from before would be the only one I've seen, I don't know of any in Pallet. Well, there may have been one or two, but I don't think I ever got up close to them. Can't say I'm a huge fan of dogs."
    Less so after yesterday. He was increasingly thankful to not have any bites or major burns. He didn't actually know if the Growlithe from before could spit fire for that matter. This one hadn't, but he didn't know if that was because he was in a field or if it just wasn't able to.
    "You want to know a fun fact? The tracking skills of a Growlithe far surpass anything a dog ever could dream of. They never forget a scent. They catch one, they will hunt it to the ends of the earth. They are like a hound from hell. They don't stop. They give no mercy. No quarter. And they don't stop ever hunting.

So, tell me. Why was this Growlithe hunting you?"

Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhat intimidated, he listens intently. Well, he certainly wasn't going to admit to anything, he was more afraid of his employers than the police. Plus it was terrible for business; a thieves career was almost entirely reliant on his reputation.

"Well, I was around there briefly that morning like I said, so could it have picked up my scent while looking for something else? I mentioned before that I just started training an Ekans...I don't know if that smell would offend it, I can't say I know anything about the natural enemies of Growlithe."
    His mind continues to run as he attempts to keep up with excuses and lies as he goes, while at the same time trying to prepare for the next potential question. Damn he wished he was better at this.
    "Can you tell me why it would want to hunt me? Could I have picked up another scent around town?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guile - (2d6-1)[7]

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhat intimidated, he listens intently. Well, he certainly wasn't going to admit to anything, he was more afraid of his employers than the police. Plus it was terrible for business; a thieves career was almost entirely reliant on his reputation.

"Well, I was around there briefly that morning like I said, so could it have picked up my scent while looking for something else? I mentioned before that I just started training an Ekans...I don't know if that smell would offend it, I can't say I know anything about the natural enemies of Growlithe."
    His mind continues to run as he attempts to keep up with excuses and lies as he goes, while at the same time trying to prepare for the next potential question. Damn he wished he was better at this.
    "Can you tell me why it would want to hunt me? Could I have picked up another scent around town?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    "You know why I think it was tracking you?" he says, looking right at you. "Same reason you have burns all over your hand," he says, staring at said injuries. "What did you do, fall into the fire you lit? Growlithe rarely make mistakes, and there are far too many things linked together for this to be coincidence."

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

"They're not burns, I crashed my bike on the way in from Rattata and I think I got an infection in'm. Hell, ask the guard that was posted the night I got here, I was just as beat up then."
    He could feel the tension rising as he continually had to cover his own ass.
    "I don't know if it's my bad luck or somebody else's good timing, but why the hell would I come in to town to light some farm on fire?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guile - (2d6)[4] I'll use an action point to buff it up by 1.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

"They're not burns, I crashed my bike on the way in from Rattata and I think I got an infection in'm. Hell, ask the guard that was posted the night I got here, I was just as beat up then."
    He could feel the tension rising as he continually had to cover his own ass.
    "I don't know if it's my bad luck or somebody else's good timing, but why the hell would I come in to town to light some farm on fire?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] I'll use an action point to buff it up by 1.
    The man slams a hand down on the table. "Don't lie to me!. Those are burns. Somebody looking similar to you was reported climbing the wall. A Growlithe was chasing you. Unless you have some other evidence, there is no question of your guilt. Tell me, who paid you? Who gave you this job?"

Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

"What the hell is similar to me?! Average height male?? I don't know what you're talking about, you're looking for evidence where there isn't any.
    All you have is a beat up guy who has a pissed off Growlithe after him. You've got the wrong person and you're wasting your time."

Sweating now, his cover is falling apart. Bloody police were never this persistent in Pallet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guile - (2d6)[7] Well, might as well burn'm all now.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

"What the hell is similar to me?! Average height male?? I don't know what you're talking about, you're looking for evidence where there isn't any.
    All you have is a beat up guy who has a pissed off Growlithe after him. You've got the wrong person and you're wasting your time."

Sweating now, his cover is falling apart. Bloody police were never this persistent in Pallet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] Well, might as well burn'm all now.
    "A pissed off Growlithe? A PISSED OFF GROWLITHE!" he shouts. "We have a Growlithe with your muking scent! It wouldn't pursue you for an Ekans! The only reason it would is if you had attacked it or its property! Since it is obviously in good health, it can only be the latter!"

Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That doesn't even make sense! How the hell would I attack it or it's property, I didn't even have a pokemon before today?! You think some kid got on a property, started a fire, and got away without hurting the Growlithe or getting hurt by the Growlithe??
    Either the damn thing is incompetent and you're following the opinion of a deadbeat dog, or it was done by someone who knew what he was doing and very well could have incriminated someone else! Go look for motives or people that might WANT it done, not some random traveler."

He throws his hands up and collapses backwards.
    "I don't know how this mukking stuff works, I can't testify myself against some Pokemon."

Spoiler
    Show
    Guile - (2d6)[9] Aaaand the last one. Hope this is the last I need.
    Last edited by Anonyman; 2013-02-23 at 04:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

"That doesn't even make sense! How the hell would I attack it or it's property, I didn't even have a pokemon before today?! You think some kid got on a property, started a fire, and got away without hurting the Growlithe or getting hurt by the Growlithe??
    Either the damn thing is incompetent and you're following the opinion of a deadbeat dog, or it was done by someone who knew what he was doing and very well could have incriminated someone else! Go look for motives or people that might WANT it done, not some random traveler."

He throws his hands up and collapses backwards.
    "I don't know how this mukking stuff works, I can't testify myself against some Pokemon."

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] Aaaand the last one. Hope this is the last I need.
    "You seem like a pretty fit fellow. If you stayed just far enough away, the only thing that it could do is shoot flames at you, which is a bad idea in a field. Why don't you take off your shirt, we can see if you have been bit by a dog, huh?"

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Fine. I told you, you can ask the gua-...well I guess I was wearing a shirt then, but you get my point.
    You can check my legs too. I hit a damn limb riding my bike."

Complying, he takes off his shirt. He had caught his shirt on fire before, but luckily he had got into the water before the fire got through. Well, at least any more than the rest of his body. Fortunately he didn't have any burns deep enough to have to go to the Center. THAT would have been hard to explain.

He rolls up his pants while he's at it. Those really were almost entirely scratches from the crash.
    "Do you need to see any more?"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

"Fine. I told you, you can ask the gua-...well I guess I was wearing a shirt then, but you get my point.
    You can check my legs too. I hit a damn limb riding my bike."

Complying, he takes off his shirt. He had caught his shirt on fire before, but luckily he had got into the water before the fire got through. Well, at least any more than the rest of his body. Fortunately he didn't have any burns deep enough to have to go to the Center. THAT would have been hard to explain.

He rolls up his pants while he's at it. Those really were almost entirely scratches from the crash.
    "Do you need to see any more?"
    The man stares at you for a second, then frowns.

"Fine. We don't have quite enough to call you conclusively guilty. Then again, we don't need evidence. You're free to go about your business for the day. Leave the city and you will be considered guilty. We expect you back here by 9 PM tonight. You don't want to disappoint us."

Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sighing, Garrick redresses.
    "Thank you."
    With some indignance, he leaves. That could have gone much worse. Time to figure out where to go from here...
    Garrick heads for the gym. He should probably tip off his previous employer if he sees him, just so he knows that they're still looking and that they weren't ratted out. Not to mention training the Ekans was still a priority.
    Last edited by Anonyman; 2013-02-23 at 05:09 PM.