New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kanto: The Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Looking around the interior of the bookstore, Dominic seeks out any books that seem to be different or strange. He walks quietly, nervous about breaking the eerie silence.
    As you walk around the store, the dusty air almost makes you cough more than once. These books are ancient. Most of them are probably far older than you.

As you begin to pass through old classics, you hear a throat clear behind you.

You turn to see an extremely old woman, hobbled over on a cane. How she snuck up on you is beyond you.

"Something I kin help ya with sonny?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Hi, I was just looking around. Anything that's special?" Dominic asks. He wasn't looking for anything specific, but if something caught his attention he might pick it up. He could use some light reading for before bed.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi, I was just looking around. Anything that's special?" Dominic asks. He wasn't looking for anything specific, but if something caught his attention he might pick it up. He could use some light reading for before bed.
    "Special?" she says, glancing at you with an odd look in her eyes. "What kind of special do you mean? I have valuable books, old books, funny books and even some religious tomes."

And one that I was supposed to burn...

Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dominic barely catches that last sentence. "Burn a book? That doesn't seem... prudent. With so few around now, why would you do that?" Dominic asks, genuinely intrigued.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Dominic barely catches that last sentence. "Burn a book? That doesn't seem... prudent. With so few around now, why would you do that?" Dominic asks, genuinely intrigued.
    "Unclean. Evil. Cursed. Whatever you want to call it, it is a vile book. It takes root in you, and will never let you go. Magic always comes with a price. Always."

Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

A magic book? Right... old lady's crazy... Dominic thinks as she explains. A corner of his mouth twitches into a smile as he says, "Well that certainly sounds interesting. Could I see that book?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

A magic book? Right... old lady's crazy... Dominic thinks as she explains. A corner of his mouth twitches into a smile as he says, "Well that certainly sounds interesting. Could I see that book?"
    The old woman grins evilly, going behind the counter. Eventually she returns, carrying a small book.

It seems normal. Ordinary. A small white book without a title. A small title It did give off a feeling of wrongness though, as if the air itself recoiled from the book. Barely able to carry the tome, she holds it out to you. As for a title, it has none.

"Here, take it. Have a look."

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dominic's spine shivers for some unknown reason. He takes the book and examines the cover before flipping through the pages. It's just a book. Relax.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Dominic's spine shivers for some unknown reason. He takes the book and examines the cover before flipping through the pages. It's just a book. Relax.
    Upon touching the book, your hand burns in pain. It sears into your very flesh, causing you to fall over dazed and confused.

Paralyzed by the waves of pain rolling through your body, you can't move as the old woman bends over you.

When you've mastered that book, why don't you find me again? she says, patting you on the cheek. It truly is a read to die for, the says cackling, fading away and disappearing from sight.

The store seems to become brighter somehow. A man rushes out from behind the counter, looking around.

"Hey!" he shouts, seeing you laying on the floor. "Are you okay?"

Spoiler
    Show
    You are at half health. You have gained two Injuries.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2013-02-07 at 10:14 PM.

Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dominic stares up at the man blankly for a second. What in the void just happened?! "Yeah, I'll be alright," he sputters out. He rises to his feet, careful not to touch anything else with the burned hand. "How much for this book?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Dominic stares up at the man blankly for a second. What in the void just happened?! "Yeah, I'll be alright," he sputters out. He rises to his feet, careful not to touch anything else with the burned hand. "How much for this book?"
    Upon looking down at the book, you see that it has changed. The cover, once appearing to simply be white cardboard, is now pale and warm to the touch. Red writing is slowly crossing the book as it pulsates as if it has a heartbeat of its own.

Chronicles of the Lavender Empire

"That old thing?" he says, apparently not noticing anything odd about it. "It looks like a blank book. Just take it with you. What the hell happened though? Did you have a stroke? I dozed off in the back and woke up to you on the floor," he says, obviously worried.

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"I... I get dizzy attacks sometimes. Kind of embarrassing, really," Dominic lies to the old man. The Lavender Empire? He had never heard of such a place. He was eager to read, but something about the old woman's warning told him that he should take his time. And he still wasn't feeling well. He exits the store and is back out into the city streets. He had plans to go poke around outside the city limits, but he didn't think that would be advisable at this moment. Instead he returns to the Pokecenter and asks about what kind of prices medical attention would warrant. The book is in one of his inside pockets and he can feel the warmth through his clothing the entire time.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

"I... I get dizzy attacks sometimes. Kind of embarrassing, really," Dominic lies to the old man. The Lavender Empire? He had never heard of such a place. He was eager to read, but something about the old woman's warning told him that he should take his time. And he still wasn't feeling well. He exits the store and is back out into the city streets. He had plans to go poke around outside the city limits, but he didn't think that would be advisable at this moment. Instead he returns to the Pokecenter and asks about what kind of prices medical attention would warrant. The book is in one of his inside pockets and he can feel the warmth through his clothing the entire time.
    You manage to stagger out of the store and through the streets, eventually making it to the Pokemon Center.

"For medical treatment? Just what is wrong with you?" the nurse asks, obviously confused. "You look fine. Are you sick or something?"

Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"My head feels like it's splitting open. Must have drawn a stray psychic attack, I don't really know what to do. Can you help?" Dominic says while also showing his hand that received the burn.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

"My head feels like it's splitting open. Must have drawn a stray psychic attack, I don't really know what to do. Can you help?" Dominic says while also showing his hand that received the burn.
    "That makes sense," she asks, calling a doctor over. "If you don't mind me asking, what gave you the injuries? There aren't any native Psychic types around here."

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"I was just visiting my Uncle for brunch. He's always been the weird one in the family. We had a bit of an argument. If you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about family stuff. You can help me, right?" Dominic was getting exasperated, how much did he have to lie to this woman before she could treat him? It's not like she'll be able to compare the injury to anything specific.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"I was just visiting my Uncle for brunch. He's always been the weird one in the family. We had a bit of an argument. If you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about family stuff. You can help me, right?" Dominic was getting exasperated, how much did he have to lie to this woman before she could treat him? It's not like she'll be able to compare the injury to anything specific.
    The woman nods. A doctor takes you into the back and injects you with some sort of chemical. You can feel it flowing through you, curing much of the damage, but not that sense of nauseated pain you have.

"That should fix you up!" the doctor says, happily patting your arm. "Stay safe!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Healed to max HP, Injuries still around.

Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dominic returns to the front desk and thanks the woman. He leaves the center and takes a walk toward Route 22, rolling his shoulders along the way. Once he's further from the town he lets Nepto out of his ball to walk around. He's planning to stop and talk to a guard on the way, to see what he can learn about the route to the East and the pokemon that inhabit it.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: using Shrug Off to remove one injury. Does that increase my health to keep it up to 100%?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Dominic returns to the front desk and thanks the woman. He leaves the center and takes a walk toward Route 22, rolling his shoulders along the way. Once he's further from the town he lets Nepto out of his ball to walk around. He's planning to stop and talk to a guard on the way, to see what he can learn about the route to the East and the pokemon that inhabit it.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: using Shrug Off to remove one injury. Does that increase my health to keep it up to 100%?
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, you gained two injuries. 2-1 is 1.

As you head towards Route 22, you soon arrive at the eastern gate to town.

"Son, you might not want to head out that way. Unless you have work on The Wall I'd suggest you stay in town."

Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Oh? Even with a pokemon of my own?" Dominic says as he gestures at Nepto. "Could you tell me what's out there? I haven't been up this way before and I'm trying to get a feel for my options."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I mean that now my Max Health is 37, do I have 37/37 or 33/37?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh? Even with a pokemon of my own?" Dominic says as he gestures at Nepto. "Could you tell me what's out there? I haven't been up this way before and I'm trying to get a feel for my options."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I mean that now my Max Health is 37, do I have 37/37 or 33/37?
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can say you used it before the doctor. 37/37

"Mankey clans. Packs of those Nidoran things, usually with a Nidoking or Queen. Swarms of Spearow that block out the sky. Trust me, Route 22 is a god forsaken place. The Wall is about a day out from the city; you probably won't find anything to fight out until then unless you have a habit of punching farmers. After that, you're at The Wall."

Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Thanks. I should have thought about it ahead of time.

"Ah, I see. Well it sounds interesting, so I'll keep it mind for when I'm more sure of survival," Dominic says with a laugh. "I'll head back to town for now. Come along, Nepto." As he walks back he returns the Squirtle before anyone throws a fit about having a pokemon out. He doesn't actually have much planned until tomorrow so he heads to the south gate and walks around the end of Route 1. It's not that he wanted to play hero again, but if there had been someone to help him on the route yesterday things might have gone better.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Not looking for a fight, per se, but I am out in the wilds with Nepto, looking around and killing time. If this takes a few hours before something attacks me, that's fine as well. Things will get more interesting tomorrow at noon, apparently.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2013-02-08 at 12:14 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Thanks. I should have thought about it ahead of time.

"Ah, I see. Well it sounds interesting, so I'll keep it mind for when I'm more sure of survival," Dominic says with a laugh. "I'll head back to town for now. Come along, Nepto." As he walks back he returns the Squirtle before anyone throws a fit about having a pokemon out. He doesn't actually have much planned until tomorrow so he heads to the south gate and walks around the end of Route 1. It's not that he wanted to play hero again, but if there had been someone to help him on the route yesterday things might have gone better.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Not looking for a fight, per se, but I am out in the wilds with Nepto, looking around and killing time. If this takes a few hours before something attacks me, that's fine as well. Things will get more interesting tomorrow at noon, apparently.
    The guards allow you to pass right through the gate, not even questioning you.

You've walked for perhaps five minutes when you hear rustling in the grass.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception.

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

With Nepto beside him, Dominic stops moving and strains to pinpoint the sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pereption: (2d6-1)[4]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

With Nepto beside him, Dominic stops moving and strains to pinpoint the sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pereption: [roll0]
    While you are busy trying to pinpoint the location of the rats, three rush out of the grass, attacking you. You just manage to duck one, but the other two slam into you. They smash into your leg, making it difficult to move.

Spoiler
    Show
    28 damage. You gain an Injury for passing 50% HP. -1 Speed Stage.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2013-02-08 at 01:38 AM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dominic jumps back a few steps and lets Nepto out in the spot he just was. "Nepto, use Bubble to hit them all!" The Squirtle Spins in a circle, pulling up a large bubble around himself that bursts on the Rattata.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dominic moves to G4.
    Releases Nepto on G6.

Nepto:
    Bubble: AC 2 (1d20)[17] -1 Speed CS on 16+
    Water, Special: (1d8+13)[14]
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2013-02-08 at 01:54 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Dominic jumps back a few steps and lets Nepto out in the spot he just was. "Nepto, use Bubble to hit them all!" The Squirtle Spins in a circle, pulling up a large bubble around himself that bursts on the Rattata.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dominic moves to G4.
    Releases Nepto on G6.

Nepto:
    Bubble: AC 2 [roll0] -1 Speed CS on 16+
    Water, Special: [roll1]
    The bubble pops, smacking all of the Rattata. They stay standing but they probably can't take another hit like that.

All three of the Rattata focus fire on Nepto, seeing him as the new threat. Each Rattata slams into the Squirtle in turn, once again dazing the small Pokemon and damaging his shell. One slams into his head, causing the Tiny Turtle's head to twist backwards and smack into his shell. Nepto seems a little dazed.

Spoiler
    Show
    39 damage. Nepto gains 1 Injury. Due to his Injury, Nepto must roll 1 higher on all AC rolls.

Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dominic almost runs over to give a rat a good kick, but holds himself back. If I were to get too close, Nepto's Bubble would hit me as well. Well I can't just stand here! he thinks as the rats tear into his Squirtle. Another headache rips through his mind in a flash. He cradles his head in his hands but then an idea dawns on him and in this drastic of a situation, he's willing to give it a shot. He takes out a fresh pokeball and throws it at the rat on his right, hoping to take it out of the fight by capture should Nepto's next attack miss. Whether or not that works out, he says, "Nepto, do it again! You can beat them all!" The Squirtle once again spins up a large bubble around itself, trying to attack all his enemies at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dominic: Trying to catch F6
    Pokeball: AC 4 (1d20)[5] If Hit (1d100)[11]

Nepto:
    Bubble: AC 2+1 (1d20)[15] -1 Speed CS on 16+
    Water, Special: (1d8+13)[19]
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2013-02-09 at 01:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Dominic almost runs over to give a rat a good kick, but holds himself back. If I were to get too close, Nepto's Bubble would hit me as well. Well I can't just stand here! he thinks as the rats tear into his Squirtle. Another headache rips through his mind in a flash. He cradles his head in his hands but then an idea dawns on him and in this drastic of a situation, he's willing to give it a shot. He takes out a fresh pokeball and throws it at the rat on his right, hoping to take it out of the fight by capture should Nepto's next attack miss. Whether or not that works out, he says, "Nepto, do it again! You can beat them all!" The Squirtle once again spins up a large bubble around itself, trying to attack all his enemies at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dominic: Trying to catch F6
    Pokeball: AC 4 [roll0] If Hit [roll1]

Nepto:
    Bubble: AC 2+1 [roll2] -1 Speed CS on 16+
    Water, Special: [roll3]
    Your Pokeball flies through the air. The Rattata, intent on Nepto, doesn't see it coming until it is unavoidable. The ball connects and absorbs the Pokemon, the lid clicking shut.

Nepto spins around, dropping the other two Rattata before they can finish him off. He slumps over, badly hurt.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 experience to Nepto.

Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Dominic rushes over and scoops Nepto up in one arm, "You saved us, Nepto. You saved both our backsides. Let's get you fixed up." He returns the Squirtle and retrieves the other ball. Looking in on the Rattata through the plexiglass half, he says, "You... you're going to be trouble aren't you? Well then we'll have to deal with you as we can. Which is not right now." Dominic takes his bike out of his bag and pedals his way back to Viridian City, trying to go easy on his sore leg.