New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Project Freelancer - IC

"Cutting makes less noise, but does tend to leave a pretty visible bit of evidence that you were there for any patrols to spot. Didn't want to ruin the surprise before the explosives went off." Arizona whispers, before Alaska goes running off.

"Huh. Well if that works these guys are even more incompetent than I thought...maybe we don't need to be this careful..." he whispers, half to himself as he waits to see what happens to Alaska's plan.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

"This is ridiculous...." Pennsylvania growled.
    To him, being thwarted by a fence was not acceptable. He could just imagine his father's expression when he hears that his son's first military mission was foiled by a fence.
    "If Alaska's 'idea doesn't work, I have an idea that might work better." He whispered to the freelancer next to him.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Indiana looked at Pennsylvania and drew a circle towards him, with the general message of "Well... ?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Alaska's trip around the compound proves to be uneventful and she successfully makes it within the chain fence. She notices a squad moving in the distance, heading around the back of the outcrop they were dropped off at.

Meanwhile, the other Agents soon find out who the voices Arizona heard belong to. A group of three soldiers, one armed with a shotgun and the other two with assault rifles, turn the corner around the barracks. They're clearly surprised to see you there. The two with the rifles raise them whilst the third, presumably the leader, asks "Hey! What do you think you're trying to do?"

Spoiler
    Show

Small map for Alaska:
    Spoiler
    Show

Small map for everyone else:
    Spoiler
    Show

Overview map:
    Spoiler
    Show

You're not yet in combat, no need for initiative just yet, the two soldiers with rifles are clearly ready to fire however. The squad Alaska can see in the distance consists of five marines, they're just about to move behind the outcrop. I've omitted them from the map on the basis that it'd leave everything else very small, if you still want to see where they are, I can get an image up for you. Suffice it to say that they don't appear to be aware of you just yet. And finally, as ever, tell me if you'd rather be somewhere else (within reason, given that the other Agents decided to wait and see if Alaska's plan worked while being aware of voices drawing nearer, they're not gonna be in a position to avoid the questioning here).

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm...I guess I was assuming we were further back, and somewhat hidden. Oh well.

Ahh...this could be...interesting. First rule of robbing a place, if they're not aware you're there to rob the place, don't make them aware of that. Never was a good liar, but here goes nothing.

"Testing your response time." Arizona says, sounding as calm as he can and keeping his weapon pointed mostly at the ground but in his hands. "We were sent here to reinforce. Seems someone believes this base might become a target soon, for some reason. We weren't given much in the way of details."

Arizona silently waits for a response, hits nervous sweat probably not being noticeable at this distance with the current light level.

Worst case scenario at least we have someone inside to help out...assuming Alaska's noticed this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check? (1d20-1)[14]. Hooray cha penalty!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I both lower my rifle, and do something as close to a ready action as possible to fire on the Assault Rifle Innie to the left of their leader without actually pointing my gun at him.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Yeah, my friend over there insisted on getting to know the fence a little first. He has his quirks, but he's pretty good in a tight corner. Just don't touch his balaclava"

California seems to relax, rising to his feet, and shifting his grip on the DMR as he says this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Similarly readies himself to attack but staying as calm looking as possible.
    Last edited by OracleofSilence; 2013-02-14 at 05:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Just checkin' for weaknesses. This chain-link ain't gonna keep anybody out for more than a few minutes." Indiana mutters, kicking the bottom of the fence lightly.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

With apparent uncertainty, the two riflemen lower their weapons. They still appear to be nervous, but are definitely less confrontational. Their leader seems less convinced, "How come I didn't hear about this? There's normally some kind of brief if we're expecting new soldiers."

Spoiler
    Show
    No map change this time, the guards seem a lot less hostile now though. Poor sense motiving will do that to you.

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Indiana stands briefly at Arizona's shoulder. "I got me an idea, but uh, if it don't work... Just make sure yer gun's loaded, alright?" With that, he walks up to the fence and stares down the leader. He speaks with a barely restrained fury.

"You didn't hear about us because we're a special surprise from Command. My name is Gunnery Sergeant Taylor, and Command sent me down especially to evaluate the troops here. I am not impressed. " He begins pacing. "You lazy little bastards took 30 seconds to respond to the fence. " he stops and punches the chain-link as hard as he can. "What the f**k kinda namby-pamby time is that?! I have seen better from men with broken legs, and I was the one that broke their goddamn legs! Now you're standin' here havin' a goddamn conversation."

He stops abruptly and levels his pistol with the head of one of the riflemen. "THREE RULES OF PATROL!!" Indiana holds the gun there for just long enough for the man to start talking, but lowers the gun and cuts him off. "Catch it, kill it, or carry on. You found a bunch of strange folks you ain't met, you demand to know why they're lurkin' around, you don't ask them a damn thing! We told you why we're here, now you're gabbin' like an old woman. You ain't gonna catch us, you ain't gonna kill us, so CARRY ON SOLDIERS! You got a whole base to patrol, and if you don't get your whole route done triple time, I will personally rejoin the UNSC just for the privilege of taking this whole base out myself!"

Spoiler
    Show
    An Intimidate Check (1d20-1)[12]
    Last edited by Julian928; 2013-02-15 at 11:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

The three soldiers look taken aback at Indiana's rant. Surprise is quickly replaced by a scowl on the leader's face. He raises his shotgun, the other two following suit with their own weapons.

"Now here's what's going to happen. You're going to drop your weapons without fuss and we're going to walk with you along the fence and bring you in for questioning. If you so much as blink without our say so, we'll fire. You've got five seconds. Drop your guns, hand in the air."

Spoiler
    Show
    All three have now raised their weapons. They're prepared to fire, but you will have the chance to shoot first if you so choose. Any of the Insurrectionists that are still standing will then be able to fire back then we'll go off initiative rolls, include the init roll in your post if you do decide to go into combat please. That goes for Alaska too, just so that her movements can be carried out during the same time frame as the combat (even if she chooses to not get involved). Again, no map update this time round.

Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, we'll cooperate...." Pennsylvania said softly and calmly as he slowly reached for his assault rifle and dropped it to the ground. Next he slowly reached for his pistol (PWDS), and slowly drew it out. As it looks as though he's going to drop it as well, Pennsylvania suddenly aims it at the soldier with the shotgun and fires.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative roll (1d20)[12] (+1 initiative from my character sheet, that should be 13)

Attack roll (1d20)[2]

(If that isn't ok, let me know. I'm new to D20 Modern after all)
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2013-02-15 at 01:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Indiana raises his own pistol and fires on the shotgun wielder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+2)[10]

Attack roll, including the armor minus from the pistol in my attack bonus (1d20+5)[10]

Damage roll, if I hit (2d8)[10]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Well..." is all Arizona says before raising his DMR and firing a round at the northern rifleman of the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[14]

Shoot the north rifleman.
    Attack: (1d20+2)[8]
    Damage: (2d10)[15]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

California similarly fires at the shotgun wielding commander, "Please don't let me die, I'm to pretty to die, please don't let me die, I'm to young to die, please don't let me die, I HAVEN"T MADE ENOUGH JOKES ABOUT THAT BALACLAVA YET!"

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+4)[20] -2 to target defence
    Damage: (2d10)[13]
    crit confirm (1d20+4)[8]
    crit damage (2d10)[9]

"Why is the squads snarker the only bloody professional around here?"
    Last edited by OracleofSilence; 2013-02-15 at 05:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Colossus in the Playground

The lone Agent watches the scene unfold, quite unsure of what to do in such a situation that she's been pushed into. If she were to shoot at the marines, they'd likely all turn on her or call for even more aid than they had; which would have meant that she'd be pinned down by far more soldiers than there were in the courtyard already. It would be too late to stop the first shots of the marines, but there had to be something she could do.

She cast her eyes about the complex, for anything she could possibly use to take advantage of the situation, such as a box of grenades or an alarm she could trigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on Spot for 14.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

The sudden attack catches the patrol off guard. The soldier holding the shotgun just has time to say "Son of a..." as California's shot hits him in the throat, sending him to the floor. The other two, sparing a quick glance at their fallen comrade, open fire with their assault rifles on the Agents before them. The first sprays the area around Indiana whilst the second aims for Pennsylvania.

Meanwhile, Alaska manages to spot a tripwire running around the inside of the perimeter fence. The wire is likely linked to an alarm of some kind, presumably to catch anybody that attempted to get past the fence off guard and alert the soldiers to their presence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll against Indiana - (1D20-3)[8]
    Damage Roll against Indiana - (2D8)[9]

Attack roll against Pennsylvania - (1D20-3)[2]
    Damage Roll against Pennsylvania - (2D8)[12]

The autorifle is an automatic weapon, as such it's firing to hit a 10x10 area and requires an 8 to hit (including the Assault Rifles -2 to targets defense). You're each entitled to a DC15 reflex save to avoid the damage completely.

Map's don't want to load for some reason, unchanged from last maps except that shotgunner is out of action. I'll update them as soon as I can get it to work properly

Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Indiana's fear powered reflex save. (1d20+3)[6]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for reflex save as well (1d20+1)[16]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

California snaps a shot at the marine who dropped Indiana, then starts moving in the same direction Alaska ran off in.

Spoiler
    Show
    attacks: (1d20+4)[14] defense counts as 2 lower
    damage: (2d10)[4]
    crit confimer: (1d20+4)[17]
    crit damage: (2d10)[12]

Moves 30 feet west (if the maps directions assume the top of the page is north.

over radio Guys, we need to keep moving, we don't have time to get pinned down, get Indiana moving, then get going yourself.
    Last edited by OracleofSilence; 2013-02-16 at 01:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

The soldier who managed to drop Indiana starts shouting "Intruders in the base! We have intruders in the base!" before opening fire on Pennsylvania.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll - (1D20-3)[7]
    Damage Roll - (2D8)[13]

Needs an 8 to hit the 10x10 area Pennsylvania is in, as before, if he hits you can take a DC15 Reflex save to avoid all damage.

Attack missed, on with the rest
    Last edited by Comissar; 2013-02-16 at 06:14 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    After California's action of course

Idiot. We're outside the base... Arizona thinks before raising his weapon and firing on the other soldier and speaking over the radio.

"Alaska, any chance you can setup a distraction? Do you have any of the explosives? Click once for yes, twice for no if you can't speak."

No plan survives contact with the enemy...I hate improvisation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack the lower right soldier (the one lower in init count who hasn't acted yet).
    Atk: (1d20+2)[14]
    Dmg: (2d10)[3]

Can I spend my move to instead scan for anyone in sight reacting to the soldier who shouted? Spot (1d20+4)[24]. Want to give the rest of the squad a chance to get Indiana moving before I fall back, assuming that's the course of action everyone else is taking.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Pennsylvania returns fire at the soldier that shot at him.
    "Next time, let me do the lying!" Pennsylvania growled.
    "Thank goodness I brought along a medical kit with me." He mumbled under his breath."

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+1)[9]
    Damage: (2d8)[5] And lets us not forget the -2 on target's armor.

Then I want to move over to Indiana and to treat Indiana's injury.

Treat Injury: (1d20+6)[15]

"I need cover fire!"
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2013-02-18 at 04:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

With a strangled shout, a second insurrectionist falls. The last remaining soldier cries out in pain as he too gets shot, before limping back into the base itself. "Help! Intruders! Help!"

Arizona notices the soldier in the building near the entrance leaning out to see what's going on. As yet, there are no audible alarms going off in the base.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maps will be up tomorrow, apologies for the long silence there, been busy with uni work. California managed to drop another soldier and Arizona injured the third, who is now limping towards the building your objective is in.

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Arizona, it seems the best thing now is to keep moving. I'll rejoin Alaska, you and Pennsylvania should try to get Indiana up and then go for the black-box. If Alaska and I get the charges set soon, we can hopefully draw the guards off." California raises his rifle and fires on the retreating guard, hoping to silence his cries before to much attention is drawn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[21]
    Crit Confirm: [/roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Damage:(2d10)[10]
    If Crit: (2d10)[6]

Ready a move action to move after Alaska if Arizona confirms, or he is spotted by guards.
    Last edited by OracleofSilence; 2013-02-19 at 07:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Roger that." Arizona says in reply to California. "We'll draw them until you plant the explosives, they'll probably assume that was our main goal, a double diversion." he adds over the radio as he prepares to move with Indiana and Pennsylvania towards the black box building.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

"Intrud-aargh!"

The last member of the ill-fated patrol you ran into falls to the ground. Pennsylvania's hasty medical attention proves to be enough to staunch Indiana's bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show

Photobucket is still messing me around, many apologies for the lack of map again, trying my best to sort it. All three patrol members are now down. The one soldier who had been in the building near the entrance will act after everyone else in the initiative order as that's when he joined the combat. For now, still move according to initiative order please.

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Arizona moves to help Indiana to his feet.

"Anyone has some wire cutters to get through that fence? Else we hit the entrance." he says, waiting for a response before moving.

Spoiler
    Show
    If someone responds that they have wirecutters move to the fence and ready an action to shoot anyone who looks hostile.

Otherwise double move towards the entrance. Going the short route, not the long.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

California sprints along the same route Alaska had taken, hoping the gate house guard goes mysteriously blind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Takes run action along the same path as Alaska

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

California starts racing back around the compound, following Alaska's example. As he runs, the guard in the guard house returns inside his building, to do what he cannot see. Meanwhile, Pennsylvania's expert care brings Indiana back to his feet. Finally, Arizona rushes to reach the complexes main entrance having heard no answer regarding wire cutters. He rapidly reaches the open gate, noting that the guard appears to be making his way to a desk on his way past.

Spoiler
    Show

Only a quick update today, internet keeps dropping out
    Last edited by Comissar; 2013-03-01 at 04:53 PM.

Show