New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Project Freelancer - IC

California continues running until he rejoins Alaska. Once he reaches her, he drops into a crouch and scans the near by buildings, saying "We need to get going. In theory, the rest of the squad will distract from our distraction, but I don't know how long they are going to hold out. Indiana is barely holding on as it is."
    Last edited by OracleofSilence; 2013-03-01 at 07:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Indiana rises on shaky legs, making a mental note to let someone else try his bad ideas in the future. He nods his gratitude to Pennsylvania, then follows Arizona to the front.
    78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In a small village, during the Rite of Passage for some promising young warriors.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Arizona kneels down near the entryway, hoping that the action near the fence will draw attention away from the main gate, and waits for the rest of the team to join him before moving in, scanning the area for anyone paying too much attention and likely to become a problem in the seconds before they're inside.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Indiana reaches Arizona, the two of them crouched together near the compounds entrance, they spot California darting through from the north to join Alaska. Mere moments after California gets through, a siren starts sounding in the base.

Spoiler
    Show
    An alarm has now been set off in the base, Pennsylvania and Alaska you both have time to submit a move prior to the siren going off, I'm just not going to have a chance to post again tonight.

Map at last:
    Spoiler
    Show

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Pennsylvania quickly puts away his pistol, picks up his assault rifle, and follows Arizona and Indiana to the entrance.
    "We are in a lot of trouble, aren't we?" He groaned.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

California groans and shakes his head "Yeah. Yeah we are. But we don't have time to worry about that now, we are in way to deep to bug out. See if you can kill that gate guard, while Alaska and I get those bombs in place, I need a moment."

Still scaning around, California carefully scans the courtyard again, trying to recall the intel for on base patrol routes, then shrugs and after taking cover at the nearby wall, and locates any power boxes, air vents, or other vulnerable or enclosed area's to plant his explosives.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

California notices several inconspicuous locations on both the building he and Alaska are sheltered behind, and on the barracks a short way off. The patrol routes, though remembered, likely don't matter much now that the siren has gone off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Updated Map (Vents/Grills circled, Patrol routes put in with arrows):
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

California carefully removes one of the explosive charges from his stachel and places it in the nearby vent, then begins work to set the timer and make a few adjustments to its wiring, attempting to make the disarming process more difficult.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking ten on the check: 16 (a 16 on demolitions is required to disarm)
    Timer set to 15 minutes
    For extra structural damage: (1d20+6)[7]

After completing "Okay guys, first charge is set. We have 15 minutes and counting before first detonation, I will set some more charges on the barracks with a shorter fuse. This charge could bring the building down, or at least make it unstable. We should be gone by the time it goes off."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Roger." Arizona says over the comms as he moves into the compound towards the building the target was supposed to be in.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

California finishes planting the charge as Arizona moves within the compound. The siren continues to wail as they plan their next move.

Spoiler
    Show
    Only a brief update due to internet connection issues, no sign of soldiers yet as the alarm has only been going a short time.

Show