New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXIV

Deep-sea Fishing

"I didn't foresee any danger for us resulting from my actions, and I'm usually quite good about that. Speaking of which, I'm not entirely certain about my current path at AMEN, which is the cause of much of my stress and therefore this little fishing trip." Well, the oracle doesn't sound stressed, but if she claimed she was so, perhaps it was true.

She digs into her fish by the time the first one of Wallace's is defrosted, letting the juices run down her chin.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Ah, more oracle stuff?" Isabelle asks, tossing another fish at Wallace and taking a bite out of her own fish. "Well if you say your boat borrowing won't put us in any danger, fair enough. What's got you so uncertain about your path at AMEN then?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #243

Deep-sea Fishing

Shayan eats quietly for a while before finally having the nerve to say something, "Since knowing I would die if I stayed in my village, this is the first time I've known that if I don't change my path I will be faced with my near certain death."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #244

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

Well...

Isabelle stares blankly at Shayan for a moments. Seems she can't quite think of what to say to that.

Eventually she manages to get some words out, "Well, uh, that sounds...bad. So, what, you need to leave?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #245

Deep-sea Fishing

"Either leave or try to convince mistress Ilpholin to change her hard-fought for plans at the last second. The latter scenario seems unlikely to me, I doubt she would take the probable loss of one of her scientists as anything more than acceptable casualties to achieve her ends." The oracle burps lightly and coughs, pulling an errant bone out of her throat.

"But even if I were to leave, I'm not certain I would do so without my closest associates, and I would have to think carefully on where I would go."

6. - Top - End - #246

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Your closest associates? Oh, right, you mean Cin?" Isabelle asks. Odd way to refer to him, in her opinion, but who is she to judge? Shayan is quite the odd character, after all.

As are most of the folks at AMEN, for that matter...

"Ilpholin does seem rather committed to this plan of hers, doesn't she? I wouldn't know where to suggest you go, either, I'm afraid."

7. - Top - End - #247

Deep-sea Fishing

"Not just Cin, no." Shayan's mouth twitches up into a private smile, quickly covered by another bite of fresh rainbow fish.

"So how do you feel about discussing mutiny on the high seas?"

8. - Top - End - #248

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Mutiny on the high seas? What, are we going to run away in this boat and never look back?" Isabelle chuckles at the thought, "Um, in all seriousness, I don't know. I mean...I've got to do all sorts of fun things at AMEN, but most of them have involved you in some way. The majority of AMEN doesn't have much to keep me there I guess, aside from some eye candy and curtaining. But I'm sure there's plenty of attractive people outside of AMEN too."

9. - Top - End - #249

Deep-sea Fishing

"Not now, when so much is undecided, but if by the time the plague is released my predictions haven't changed, my decision would be made for me. If you'd come with me then, it would be very preferable to risking death by staying there. If you choose to stay, then I think the risk of death would be a fair trade for your company."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Meteor Hunting

Well, having to do everything yourself tends to be the consequence of teleporting away and ditching your help. And the winged soldiers don't really seem to be impressed by E's posturing, or the paltry 'share' they've been given.

One of them stands up and hops down into the crater proper, walking up to Enshadu and attempting to take the elementium detector he was using before. They'll find their own meteors, thank you.
    He reaches for Enshadu, but he does not let go of the device in his hand. He has a very tight grip, and is many times stronger than a man. He never really cared for having assistance, especially when all three of his helpers combined couldn't do the work as fast as he could by himself. Um...don't take things away from me. I have a thing about that. I don't like to have things that are mine, my own, gone. So, don't touch. Okay? Why do you want elementium? Eh? It's not exactly rarest....at the moment at least, but when it's gone, it's gone. Ya know?And....I need it. So, take your rock. Eat it or something, I don't care. What do you eat? Books? Energy? Food? If you don't get your hands away from me perhaps I can find out with my trusty scalpel.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dir'Ba Cave]

Kenyon lets out a quiet sigh of relief as Ruisphah and Gerbo manage to successfully disarm and kill the goblin. A little disappointed he didn't get to kill the damn thing himself, but relieved nonetheless.

He slings his rifle over his shoulder, and approaches the rest of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Dir'ba Cave
    Sapphire is broke. Fix Sapphire, yes? Then we leave. We leave you pay many jewels as promise.
    "Sooo, THAT'S your Sapphire, eh? Shoulda figured it was somethin' like this..."

Kenyon takes a knee near the lamia, inspecting it carefully

"I s'pose I can take a look at 'er. During the fight, it looked like she got conked on the head a bit. Best bet'd be to bandage 'er up, and car-"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonzai View Post
    Dir'ba Cave
    "Well, I've got a first aid kit, and a few HP-restoring granola bars, if those would help?" Kevin says, holding up said items.
    Kenyon blinks at Kevin. "...the hell is HP? ...the hell is granola, for that matter?" He shakes his head, and waves off the myriad of questions building in the back of his mind. "Anyway, the kit should help, bring it here."
    Last edited by Kenyon; 2013-02-27 at 11:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dir'Ba Cave]

"HP just stands for Hit Points," Kevin says to Kenyon, handing over the first-aid kit.

Of course, it's a techno-magic videogame kit, that doesn't actually open or anything. You just point it at someone, and press the red cross on top to heal 1/4 their health/damage. There are instructions on the side, if Kenyon has trouble figuring it out, and it can only be used once on each person every 15 minutes, and only out of combat.

"And granola... um, it's like... trail mix?"
    I have left the Nexus and am no longer participating. (probably permanently)

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dir'Ba Cave]

"...hit points? You sure you didn't get clocked on the head while I wasn't lookin'?"

Kenyon takes the first aid kit, and spends a brief moment futilely trying to open the thing.

"Sarun-take-this-stupid-contraptionwherethehell'sthegoddamnlat-oh."

Finally noticing the set of instructions on the side, the rifleman squints as he carefully reads.

"...you people 'n your new-fangled caster contraptions, I swear."

Kenyon jabs the kit in the direction of the lamia, flailing it around a little if the effect is not immediate.

14. - Top - End - #254

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"I wonder if I can manage to get some alone time with Kal before then. I reckon that'd be something worth experiencing once before leaving AMEN." Isabelle gives Shayan a rather warm smile and tries to pull her into a hug. "I'm touched that you'd be willing to stay at AMEN just for my company. But there's really not much keeping me there. If you still think remaining there is gonna get you killed when the time comes, I'd be happy to pack up and join you."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

Meteor Hunting

Enshadu might be able to break down the meteors faster, but if he's heading back to base to deposit the elementium, then why not let the winged soldiers hunt down more fallen stars in his absence?

Some work is better than none.

Still, the soldier reluctantly lets go of the scanner, stepping back from Enshadu.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Meteor Hunting

Enshadu might be able to break down the meteors faster, but if he's heading back to base to deposit the elementium, then why not let the winged soldiers hunt down more fallen stars in his absence?

Some work is better than none.

Still, the soldier reluctantly lets go of the scanner, stepping back from Enshadu.
    Enshadu has trust issues. He then looks over at one of the winged soldiers. He laughs softly now. Ahah, perhaps I was too hasty. Now, here's an idea. One of you, I need some assistance at The Factory involving the elementium, I need someone to help me get the rocks into the melting cauldrons. They're very heavy, how about one of you comes with me, and the others stay? Just nod. He gives the scanner to the winged soldier.

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Deep-Sea Fishing]

"I wonder if I can manage to get some alone time with Kal before then. I reckon that'd be something worth experiencing once before leaving AMEN." Isabelle gives Shayan a rather warm smile and tries to pull her into a hug. "I'm touched that you'd be willing to stay at AMEN just for my company. But there's really not much keeping me there. If you still think remaining there is gonna get you killed when the time comes, I'd be happy to pack up and join you."
    Deep-sea Fishing

Shayan gets a wan smile of her own and returns the embrace, "If there was a reason to remain at AMEN beyond you or Cin possibly wanting to stay there, it would be Kal's willingness to please anyone just for a chance to show off his naked body. I think he's too dedicated to just being evil for its own sake to be convinced to leave, but if there was any indication otherwise I might be tempted to try it." She giggles unexpectedly, then takes one last bite of her fish before throwing the remainder over to Wallace.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

Meteor Hunting

The scanner is passed back to one of his brothers, and the winged soldier nods without much enthusiasm.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #259

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Even if there was some indication that he'd be willing to leave AMEN, I wouldn't recommend trying to get him to tag along. The more people we bring with us, the bigger the risk in all of this. You, Cin and me makes sense. Anything more than that and Ilpholin might start thinking there's some large-scale mutiny within the ranks and try and hunt us all down or something."

'course, she might do that anyway.

Wallace happily snaps up the remainder of Shayan's fish. And the remainder of Isabelle's fish a moment later, when she's finished with hers.

Which leaves all the fish eaten, and Isabelle and Shayan currently hugging each other.

Isabelle seems quite content to remain like that for the time being. "Your vines don't bother me any more, you know. I'm fine with plants again now."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Meteor Hunting

The scanner is passed back to one of his brothers, and the winged soldier nods without much enthusiasm.
    Enshadu will then grab the soldier and just the soldier will teleport to the factory. I'll go post there now. Meanwhile, other PLot-Clone Enshadu stands there. Don't worry, my lieutenant Zane will instruct him on what to do, now...where shall we go gentlemen?
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-02-28 at 06:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Deep-sea Fishing

"Oh dear, I hope that doesn't mean you expect me to replace all of those beautiful people in AMEN. I don't think I'm quite up to the task." Shayan jokes in her usual monotone. It's odd what having regular contact with people she enjoys the company of has done to Shayan. She doesn't feel emotions more strongly or more often, but she's learned to mimic them a bit better.

"But I'm glad to hear that. It worried me in private that it was a wedge between us that I couldn't overcome."

22. - Top - End - #262

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"That you couldn't overcome? The lengths you've gone to, to make up for what happened. W-when I completely overreacted and was so unfair to you-" Isabelle pauses awkwardly, turning her head away for a moment to stare out at the water.

Bracing herself...

She can do this.

She leans in a little closer and turns back to look Shayan straight in the eyes.

"Y-you probably could replace all those beautiful people in AMEN, you know. Quite easily. With everything you've done, with how helpful and understanding you've been. It's...it's hard not to...fall for someone like that." Isabelle stutters and mumbles nervously, then rather impulsively tries to pull Shayan into a kiss.

23. - Top - End - #263

Deep-sea Fishing

Kissing Shayan when the oracle isn't expecting it, as opposed to when she is trying to actively participate, could be favorably compared to kissing the fish that Isabelle grabbed from the hold, but only just. She takes forever to register what Isabelle was saying, and what she meant by it, and once she does it takes a bit longer for her to attempt to reciprocate.

But if Isabelle is willing to wait through that befuddlement, she'll be treated to a deep kiss that might leave her squirming for air, since Shayan is used to outlasting Cin during makeout sessions.

Once it's ended one way or another, the oracle will admit with a somewhat wry tone, "This is going to make the good professor either intolerably jealous or as excited as a child with two birthdays."

24. - Top - End - #264

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

Isabelle is patient, and is eventually forced to pull away and take a deep breath, giving Shayan a rather awkward smile.

Probably should've waited a moment or two longer before going for the kiss there.

"Well, if it makes him jealous, I'll willingly back off. That is, if you don't want me to back off anyway. I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything, though I suppose it might be a bit late for that now. Eheheh..."

25. - Top - End - #265

Deep-sea Fishing

"If he cannot handle it, I'll simply have to explain it to him in a way he can understand. If nothing else, I know he does not want to disappoint me and I don't think he would grumble too loudly so long as I don't favor you over him. He's quite... charming as well, if you find yourself warming to him in the same way you have to me." Shayan rambles a bit, skirting around Isabelle's unasked question for a while without definitively answering it.

"And so long as you don't mind the fact that I don't really desire certain manners of physical congress very often, then I have no trouble with you being this close. I just don't want you coming into this expecting something of me I'm not sure I could provide."

26. - Top - End - #266

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"I don't know if I'll ever warm to him in the same way, but he does seem to be quite the handsome, charming man. If nothing else, perhaps I can help convince him by fulfilling that dream of a threesome he had, hmm? I know he was only joking, but if you're up for it...I reckon he'd enjoy it, don't you?" Isabelle reaches out to run one hand along one of Shayan's vines, "I wouldn't be expecting anything like that from you, Shayan. You are beautiful, and I would like to engage in such activities, but...I don't need it. It's been quite the experience, getting to know you. I think coming to AMEN has certainly been worthwhile, for that reason."

27. - Top - End - #267

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"I don't know if I'll ever warm to him in the same way, but he does seem to be quite the handsome, charming man. If nothing else, perhaps I can help convince him by fulfilling that dream of a threesome he had, hmm? I know he was only joking, but if you're up for it...I reckon he'd enjoy it, don't you?" Isabelle reaches out to run one hand along one of Shayan's vines, "I wouldn't be expecting anything like that from you, Shayan. You are beautiful, and I would like to engage in such activities, but...I don't need it. It's been quite the experience, getting to know you. I think coming to AMEN has certainly been worthwhile, for that reason."
    Deep-sea Fishing

"We'll have to see if we can't tempt him then. It isn't that I'm never open to those activities, but I am at best apathetic to them under anything other than very specific moods. Just another consequence of what I was that seemed insurmountable. Then again, so did your distaste for my vines." The appendage Isabelle touches attempts to wrap around her hand and squeeze it lightly at the very end of her movement.

"It would be worth staying at AMEN as well. I like the work, and the other members are silly, but it is not so good there that I wouldn't explore other options if my life really is in danger."

"Would you like to share one of my favorite benefits of my symbiosis?" Shayan asks suddenly.

28. - Top - End - #268

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Your vines just...took some getting used to." Isabelle lets out a little giggle, peering at the vine squeezing her hand. "This feels weird. Not unpleasant. It's kind of nice. Just unusual. Different, I suppose."

Something Isabelle is probably going to have to get used to.

I don't think she's going to object to that too much.

"Share one of your favourite benefits? Um, maybe? Could I convince you to explain what this benefit is before I say yes or no?" Isabelle asks, tilting her head curiously.

29. - Top - End - #269

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

"Your vines just...took some getting used to." Isabelle lets out a little giggle, peering at the vine squeezing her hand. "This feels weird. Not unpleasant. It's kind of nice. Just unusual. Different, I suppose."

Something Isabelle is probably going to have to get used to.

I don't think she's going to object to that too much.

"Share one of your favourite benefits? Um, maybe? Could I convince you to explain what this benefit is before I say yes or no?" Isabelle asks, tilting her head curiously.
    Deep-sea Fishing

"Well when you say it like that it always feels more naughty to say no, so to compromise I'll at least let you decide if you want to be naked before I show you."

30. - Top - End - #270

[Deep-Sea Fishing]

Shayan's response results in Isabelle tilting her head slightly further.

Rather hard to get a read on Shayan when she's got such a...neutral tone of voice all the time.

"Okay."

She wasn't wearing much to begin with, so within a matter of seconds, Isabelle has stripped off.

"There's your answer. Go ahead."