New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Exploring Aatos (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    "Yes, certainly," Theo says. His acquiescence to the young man serves as a sharp reminder why wealth is important. It made the people that had it important, and from that comes a certain amount of power. But Theo has powers of his own, and while he rides in the carriage with the young man he periodically checks in on Nestor's surface thoughts. Theo knows to talk only if his Lord's nephew starts the conversation, such is the place of personal staff.
    Nestor obviously did not have the mental control that you, your teacher, or Lord Tarril had. His mind was an open book for you to read, and the young man seemed to have forgotten that you were a translator with the ability to read minds.

He planned on ditching you as soon as he found an opportunity when in the city and going to a whorehouse to have some fun. He didn't plan on returning until the middle of the next day on the back of his new ponyta.

The vehicle stopped, and the driver opened the door for the two of you. Nestor quickly hopped out, and motioned for you to follow him. Orothan's cobbled roads were lined with storefronts and businesses even though you were on the edge of town. Slaves and servants walked the streets while carrying large amounts of supplies, and the wealthier merchants either rode on ponytaback or in a rhyhorn propelled cart. Nestor quickly walked down the street to the breeding center, a large building with land out back for their newly hatched pokemon to roam. He waited in front of the store, obviously waiting for somebody to open the door for him.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    "If you would be so generous, I would be in your debt. I like to send at least one ship by those waters every year to keep me in silks to trade and rice to eat. If I could actually get the Crew to draw a profit there, I would be pleased."
    I'm not interested in vague promises Captain Bartholomew. Swear on you ship that you will return the favor to me when I call it in. It probably won't even be that long of a wait - I think I'll have need of a battler of your caliber before too much time has passed.

I can guarantee my map has enough information to make it worth your time.
    His lips curled upwards slightly in the smallest of smiles.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Never was good at flying. Styler and sword has worked so far, but better safe then sorry." Ovelia says taking the bow and arrow and strapping them to her back.

And with that, Ovelia headed outside and released Maximus. Once she had mounted her mount, she recalled Sir Hector to his pokeball and started riding in the direction on the map.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Nestor obviously did not have the mental control that you, your teacher, or Lord Tarril had. His mind was an open book for you to read, and the young man seemed to have forgotten that you were a translator with the ability to read minds.

He planned on ditching you as soon as he found an opportunity when in the city and going to a whorehouse to have some fun. He didn't plan on returning until the middle of the next day on the back of his new ponyta.

The vehicle stopped, and the driver opened the door for the two of you. Nestor quickly hopped out, and motioned for you to follow him. Orothan's cobbled roads were lined with storefronts and businesses even though you were on the edge of town. Slaves and servants walked the streets while carrying large amounts of supplies, and the wealthier merchants either rode on ponytaback or in a rhyhorn propelled cart. Nestor quickly walked down the street to the breeding center, a large building with land out back for their newly hatched pokemon to roam. He waited in front of the store, obviously waiting for somebody to open the door for him.
    Theo decides that not reminding Nestor of his abilities is the best course of action. However, this has the annoying side effect of leaving only him to manually open all the doors for this stuck up brat. Just do your duty, and keep an eye on him, Theo reminds himself. He follows Nestor to the Breeding Center and opens the door as quickly as he can for the young man. If they think me a simple steward, then I have that advantage in trade talks.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not interested in vague promises Captain Bartholomew. Swear on you ship that you will return the favor to me when I call it in. It probably won't even be that long of a wait - I think I'll have need of a battler of your caliber before too much time has passed.

I can guarantee my map has enough information to make it worth your time.
    His lips curled upwards slightly in the smallest of smiles.
    "Then on the Moon Shade, I shall return the favor when you call it in." Captain Rayleigh says, adding import to his voice to make it convincing. Unless the boy-captain was unimaginative enough to ask to become the next lord of Merrin's Grave, it would be a small thing to return the favor. He had no interest in stirring up the Treasure Island Crew by breaking faith with a fledgling.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Janan has escaped a military camp as a slave of the most powerful man in the area. He wasn't afraid of danger. He seeks out the Bloody Hands for work.
    The lowest portions of the Bloody Hand are quite common. You can find small groups of thieves tattooed with a red handprint in any part of the city if you know where to look. Your life on the streets of Kamfrietta led you to a beat down restaurant called The Strung Sandile, and a dead sandile hung from the sign on a length of cord. The smell drove away any customers that might come for the food.

Though the sign hung in the main street, the actual entrance was in an alleyway dark alleyway filled with feces and trash.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Check please

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "Never was good at flying. Styler and sword has worked so far, but better safe then sorry." Ovelia says taking the bow and arrow and strapping them to her back.

And with that, Ovelia headed outside and released Maximus. Once she had mounted her mount, she recalled Sir Hector to his pokeball and started riding in the direction on the map.
    Called the Royal Forest because of its close proximity to the palace, the trees were thick with age, though a well worn path led from and to the various towns that occupied the forest.

Noctowl's Hollow was a small village about four hours out of the city on Maximus's back. The walled city opened its gates readily for you, and a small, withered woman waited for you. She gripped a cane in her hand, and a litwick floated by her side. Nobody else ventured into view, and those few who were already outside quickly went indoors. Once again, the ranger's role as secret police ensured that those without experience with the rangers wanted nothing to do with them. This woman, however, seemed comfortable with you; she was probably some kind of leader in the village.

Greetings stranger. My name is Medina, the headwoman of this village.

You're a ranger aren't you? Did the king send you to help us?

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to tell you, lv 5 bow and 20 arrows. Nothing else special about it.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo decides that not reminding Nestor of his abilities is the best course of action. However, this has the annoying side effect of leaving only him to manually open all the doors for this stuck up brat. Just do your duty, and keep an eye on him, Theo reminds himself. He follows Nestor to the Breeding Center and opens the door as quickly as he can for the young man. If they think me a simple steward, then I have that advantage in trade talks.
    The trading center was large, and it buzzed with buisness. Behind the large counter that was about midway into the room lay a multitude of shelves. On them sat hundreds upon hundreds of eggs nested in straw. Baby pokemon roamed in small enclosures and played with each other. Pidgeys with small notes attached to their legs flitted in and out of windows near the top of the building to deliver messages to workers and guests. Armed guards stood near the exits to prevent theft, and all the workers carried weapons of some kind.

Seeing noble garb, an attendant quickly hurried up to the two of you. Welcome. How may I help you?

Nestor refused to say anything, but he had mentioned in the car that he only did business with those who were experienced and powerful - in this case the mount breeder. Someone like an attendant would be below him. You were expected to do the talking for now.

Seeing Nestor's reaction, the attendant turned to you, mind full of annoyance at stuck up noble brats.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

"Then on the Moon Shade, I shall return the favor when you call it in." Captain Rayleigh says, adding import to his voice to make it convincing. Unless the boy-captain was unimaginative enough to ask to become the next lord of Merrin's Grave, it would be a small thing to return the favor. He had no interest in stirring up the Treasure Island Crew by breaking faith with a fledgling.
    Wonderful. He seemed content with your words, so he drained his goblet quickly and stood. He casually walked over to a large chest in the corner and removed a key from a necklace hidden in his outfit. He placed it in keyhole and turned it. After retrieving a canvas tube, he turned back to you.

This is something my father gave me when I was very young. It's a map of Gavent and its secrets. I don't know how he got it, but the Oracle of Phoebus confirmed the truth of parts of it. Sadly, my captain has not graced me with the pleasure of raiding Gavent, so I have not graced him with the knowledge of this map. He offers the tube for you to open.

Careful with it. It's quite old.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ranger Verene, yes." Ovelia said with a nod as she dismounted Maximus and recalled the pokemon, "The King sent me to investigate the murders and to stop them." She said glancing around, "Do you have any new leads that the capital doesn't have already?" She asked.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

The lowest portions of the Bloody Hand are quite common. You can find small groups of thieves tattooed with a red handprint in any part of the city if you know where to look. Your life on the streets of Kamfrietta led you to a beat down restaurant called The Strung Sandile, and a dead sandile hung from the sign on a length of cord. The smell drove away any customers that might come for the food.

Though the sign hung in the main street, the actual entrance was in an alleyway dark alleyway filled with feces and trash.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Check please
    Janan crept to the dark alleyway when no one was looking, making a point of avoiding the feces. He just cleaned himself off, he didn't want to get covered in crap again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[6]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The trading center was large, and it buzzed with buisness. Behind the large counter that was about midway into the room lay a multitude of shelves. On them sat hundreds upon hundreds of eggs nested in straw. Baby pokemon roamed in small enclosures and played with each other. Pidgeys with small notes attached to their legs flitted in and out of windows near the top of the building to deliver messages to workers and guests. Armed guards stood near the exits to prevent theft, and all the workers carried weapons of some kind.

Seeing noble garb, an attendant quickly hurried up to the two of you. Welcome. How may I help you?

Nestor refused to say anything, but he had mentioned in the car that he only did business with those who were experienced and powerful - in this case the mount breeder. Someone like an attendant would be below him. You were expected to do the talking for now.

Seeing Nestor's reaction, the attendant turned to you, mind full of annoyance at stuck up noble brats.
    "Good morning," Theo says politely. Treating the attendant well takes little to no effort and is considerably more helpful than treating him rudely. "The young master is here to buy himself a ponyta. I've merely been sent to handle the details. How's the selection, if I may ask an honest man's opinion?" While the attendant answers Theo does a quick scan of the man's thoughts, seeing if he can find any insider info without having to pay for it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Wonderful. He seemed content with your words, so he drained his goblet quickly and stood. He casually walked over to a large chest in the corner and removed a key from a necklace hidden in his outfit. He placed it in keyhole and turned it. After retrieving a canvas tube, he turned back to you.

This is something my father gave me when I was very young. It's a map of Gavent and its secrets. I don't know how he got it, but the Oracle of Phoebus confirmed the truth of parts of it. Sadly, my captain has not graced me with the pleasure of raiding Gavent, so I have not graced him with the knowledge of this map. He offers the tube for you to open.

Careful with it. It's quite old.
    Bartholomew will accept it and not look. "I trust you to have dealt in good faith with me. If there is nothing else, I think I should ask my leave and get this to my navigator. If you would, keep the rest of the bottle and drink to friendly relations among fellow Crews."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan crept to the dark alleyway when no one was looking, making a point of avoiding the feces. He just cleaned himself off, he didn't want to get covered in crap again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    While walking into the alleyway, you missed the dark colored spikes lying on the dirty cobblestones. A small shape rises out of a pile of trash, and calls out in a gravelly voice.

Trubbish A small face appears over the rooftops after a couple seconds. His sandy blond hair hung down in a ponytail, and he made no move to come off the roof and help you.

Now who the muk are you? Not a spearhead are you?

Spoiler
    Show
    You are now poisoned. Spearhead is slang for the domestic military force - read police - in carthak

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

While walking into the alleyway, you missed the dark colored spikes lying on the dirty cobblestones. A small shape rises out of a pile of trash, and calls out in a gravelly voice.

Trubbish A small face appears over the rooftops after a couple seconds. His sandy blond hair hung down in a ponytail, and he made no move to come off the roof and help you.

Now who the muk are you? Not a spearhead are you?

Spoiler
    Show
    You are now poisoned. Spearhead is slang for the domestic military force - read police - in carthak
    Janan yelps as he steps on the spike, hopping backwards and falling on his butt. MOTHER MUKKER! OW! No I'm not a Judged Spearhead! I was just looking for some work! This is how you treat new people.... Janan grabs the enchanted cloth Abdul had given to him. He had taken him a while to decipher what the runes did, but he know knew they cured status conditions and based on the welts on his foot, it would be needed right here. He rubs his foot with the cloth, the welt disappearing and the runes on the cloth glowing and then disappearing.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

"Good morning," Theo says politely. Treating the attendant well takes little to no effort and is considerably more helpful than treating him rudely. "The young master is here to buy himself a ponyta. I've merely been sent to handle the details. How's the selection, if I may ask an honest man's opinion?" While the attendant answers Theo does a quick scan of the man's thoughts, seeing if he can find any insider info without having to pay for it.
    Our selection is quite good. We pride ourselves in being the best mount breeders in the whole city. We offer only the best, and you won't find better prices anywhere in the city. It was obviously just marketing. However, the attendant is quickly resolving to screw your master over for his obvious arrogance. Something about a bucking ponyta.

He leads you out a side door into a large pasture where many types of mount pokemon roamed, though the vast majority were ponyta. Our best stock are in the stables, if you'll follow me. he states while walking.

When you enter the stables, you smell ponyta manure, hair, and flames. They were all bred to be the most reliable mounts possible. Would you like to ride one?

Nestor gruffly asserts his confirmation, and looks around for a suitable mount.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Bartholomew will accept it and not look. "I trust you to have dealt in good faith with me. If there is nothing else, I think I should ask my leave and get this to my navigator. If you would, keep the rest of the bottle and drink to friendly relations among fellow Crews."
    Somewhat surprisingly, nothing happens on your way off the ship. Apparently, the man didn't have the mind or nerve to try and ambush you. You arrived back on your ship without any incident of note occuring.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-02-25 at 11:00 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As Nestor is distracted seeking a mount (something he plans to repeat after he shakes his "steward"), Theo approaches the salesman. In a low whisper he says, "If the young lord falls, so be it. If the young lord is hurt, however, then I will be forced to consider the guidance we received here. Are we understood?" As he says this he takes a quick scan into the man's mind, wary of surprises.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to know something simple actually was simple to accomplish, Captain Rayleigh has his crew sail off for Merrin's Grave.

"Did you get it?" Jon his pilot asked eagerly.

"But of course. And it only cost me one bottle of cheap wine poured in a fancy wine bottle to get it. Very reasonable fellow, but clearly not a wine connoisseur. Anyways, yes, he parted with his map willingly in exchange for a favor some time in the future. Unless the pup's a lot more creative than typical, it shouldn't be too big an issue. And if he is... I may just try to steal him out from the Treasure Island Crew to work for me." He hands the map tube to his pilot for inspection.

"Think this might be useful to you in plotting our next job?"

The man grins and takes it back to his map room to examine in detail.

"Now then, someone fetch me my swords! I don't plan on being caught without them if we encounter trouble on our way back home." Once they were brought to him in their odd dual-scabbard, Captain Rayleigh fastens it to his belt and stares off towards his home as his black ship glides along the waves.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ranger Verene, yes." Ovelia said with a nod as she dismounted Maximus and recalled the pokemon, "The King sent me to investigate the murders and to stop them." She said glancing around, "Do you have any new leads that the capital doesn't have already?" She asked.
    Medina shakes her head in a negative. Unfortunately not. The homes of the victims are a little off town. She releases a ponyta that knelt obediently for her to mount.

The two of you ride a couple minutes with two armed guards out to a cottage. This is where the second attack took place. The cottage itself was in good shape, but the inside bore the signs of a fight.

We had one of our huntsman look to see if he could find any information. We'd be more than happy to share it with you. The sooner this monster is caught, the better. We should be alright during the day, but I don't let anybody leave the village when night falls.

Spoiler
    Show
    Due to Detective being Cha based, you may make a cha check to look for clues if you so choose.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Thanks, I'll look around here then see if I can find your huntsman." Ovelia notes as she looks around. It was interesting that the outside was barely untouched. "What kinds of wilds live around here? I can probably use the styler to track down this monster."

Spoiler
    Show

Cha: (1d20+3)[8]

Edit: meant +4 but doubt it will matter.
    Last edited by Major; 2013-02-26 at 01:15 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan yelps as he steps on the spike, hopping backwards and falling on his butt. MOTHER MUKKER! OW! No I'm not a Judged Spearhead! I was just looking for some work! This is how you treat new people.... Janan grabs the enchanted cloth Abdul had given to him. He had taken him a while to decipher what the runes did, but he know knew they cured status conditions and based on the welts on his foot, it would be needed right here. He rubs his foot with the cloth, the welt disappearing and the runes on the cloth glowing and then disappearing.
    Glad you're not here for some stupid reason, but we don't let no talentless street rat join. You've got to beat Burr to prove you've got some skill.

Patience quickly motions at you. The pile of trash was about to attack.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Glad you're not here for some stupid reason, but we don't let no talentless street rat join. You've got to beat Burr to prove you've got some skill.

Patience quickly motions at you. The pile of trash was about to attack.
    Janan bursts into action, delivering a spinning kick to the mobile trashbag. Mid-spin, he pushes against the ground lifting himself up, opening the window for Patience to dash underneath him, slamming into the garbage bag.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unarmed Arms Attack
    (1d20)[14] AC 6 Physical Normal
    (1d10+12)[14]
    Quick Attack
    (1d20)[18] AC 2 Physical Normal
    (1d12+17)[18]
    Patience ends in D15, same square as Janan
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

As Nestor is distracted seeking a mount (something he plans to repeat after he shakes his "steward"), Theo approaches the salesman. In a low whisper he says, "If the young lord falls, so be it. If the young lord is hurt, however, then I will be forced to consider the guidance we received here. Are we understood?" As he says this he takes a quick scan into the man's mind, wary of surprises.
    The steward's eyes open wide in surprise when you spoke to him. What? and then he blinks, and he realizes what had happened. A filthy noble and a psychic. Wonderful.

Nestor quickly selected a ponyta and took it to the attendant. Saddle him. He inclined his head and got to work. When the ponyta was saddled, Nestor mounted it. At the same time, the attendant formed a bond with the pokemon, merging minds with it. To one without your powers, nothing of note happened, but your insight allowed you to see the truth.

Do I still have your permission to teach him a lesson oh great and powerful psychic? thought the attendant dryly, with his mind dripping sarcasm.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Glad to know something simple actually was simple to accomplish, Captain Rayleigh has his crew sail off for Merrin's Grave.

"Did you get it?" Jon his pilot asked eagerly.

"But of course. And it only cost me one bottle of cheap wine poured in a fancy wine bottle to get it. Very reasonable fellow, but clearly not a wine connoisseur. Anyways, yes, he parted with his map willingly in exchange for a favor some time in the future. Unless the pup's a lot more creative than typical, it shouldn't be too big an issue. And if he is... I may just try to steal him out from the Treasure Island Crew to work for me." He hands the map tube to his pilot for inspection.

"Think this might be useful to you in plotting our next job?"

The man grins and takes it back to his map room to examine in detail.

"Now then, someone fetch me my swords! I don't plan on being caught without them if we encounter trouble on our way back home." Once they were brought to him in their odd dual-scabbard, Captain Rayleigh fastens it to his belt and stares off towards his home as his black ship glides along the waves.
    As you strap on your swords, a storm breaks out without warning. Your sense hadn't told you that a storm was on the way, and somebody with as much time on the sea as you knew when natural storms were on the horizon. There also didn't seem to be an pokemon working mischief on the ocean at the moment.

Then, a booming voice rang out over the waves, and it came from inside the ship.

Who dares to look upon the treasures of Gavent without the blood of ancients running in their veins?

A man runs up to you, he wasn't anything special among your personal crew. His name was Marcus, an ex Attican who joined a couple years back. Sir. I was outside the map room when the door exploded. It's like there's a hurricane in there right now.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-02-26 at 05:14 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thanks, I'll look around here then see if I can find your huntsman." Ovelia notes as she looks around. It was interesting that the outside was barely untouched. "What kinds of wilds live around here? I can probably use the styler to track down this monster."

Spoiler
    Show

Cha: [roll0]

Edit: meant +4 but doubt it will matter.
    You can't find anything of note aside from the fact that there had been a battle and that there were several different types of pokemon involved. They also seemed to have used the door both times, which was extremely odd for pokemon.

Wilds? We've got the standard for forests in this area. Lot's of bugs and grass types. A couple canines. Every once in a while we stumble upon a voltorb or an evee. Can you use your styler to find a pokemon with tracking abilities?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan bursts into action, delivering a spinning kick to the mobile trashbag. Mid-spin, he pushes against the ground lifting himself up, opening the window for Patience to dash underneath him, slamming into the garbage bag.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unarmed Arms Attack
    [roll0] AC 6 Physical Normal
    [roll1]
    Quick Attack
    [roll2] AC 2 Physical Normal
    [roll3]
    Patience ends in D15, same square as Janan
    The pokemon responds by spitting a column of acid that splattered on both you and Patience doing 16 special poison damage and lowering Patience's spDef by 2 CS.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

The pokemon responds by spitting a column of acid that splattered on both you and Patience doing 16 special poison damage and lowering Patience's spDef by 2 CS.
    Janan spits the acrid liquid out of his mouth. Raising his leg high, he slams his heel into the bag, while Pateince delivers a quick kick to its relative face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Patience Sdef is so low the Stat drop did nothing!
    Unarmed Arms Attack
    (1d20)[2] AC 6 Physical Normal
    (1d10+12)[15]
    Quick Attack
    (1d20)[20]AC 2 Physical Normal
    (1d12+17)[24]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Not specifically, but I can know to start looking for them or try and lure them out with food they like." Ovelia said, "Do the canines even try and beg for food or anything? Anything you know they happen to like?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

The ship holds a strange mixture of people: sailors who worked on the ship, merchants looking to make it big in the Isles, and warriors who thought they had a chance to escape their past life by joining a pirate crew. You will be travelling with these people along the Sea of Falling Stars, across the Stormwrack, and into the Islands where you will make landfall at Shipwreck Cove. The ship will be stopping periodically at port cities to restock and allow the passengers to stretch their legs.

The mess hall was a loud and boisterous place. Drink aplenty and fresh meat were on the menu, this would be the best you ate in a long time. After tonight, your meals will be bland: full of fish and sea biscuits.

After you sat down to eat, a man came walking down to the mess hall. He spoke confidently as the crowd listened. Hello, I am the captian of this ship. Before we set out, there are a few rules I need to set out. First, you will listen to me and my sailors without question. We talk, you listen, or we leave you at the nearest port with only the clothes on your back. Second, if you want to battle, do it on the decks. Third, we'll be stopping at port cities along the way. You're welcome to explore, but if you aren't back when we leave, we won't wait for you. He leaves quickly, and the loud chatter resumed.
    Ghalib devoured his meal with great relish. The remnants of a juicy Tauros-bone steak, medium rare, lay scattered on his plate next to the discarded leek garnish, which Ghalib considered to be merely an obstacle on his quest for a delicious dining experience. The beverage of choice was a whimsical red wine with an elegant bouquet and a full body. It was purportedly harvested from the foothills of the Yengal Mountains, although he doubted that very much. More than likely it was raided by pirates from Port Cain and traded for a few extra hands, but it was not worthy of complaint. Galla made a fine wine, after all!

He was disappointed to see that the quality of the wine was lost on the majority of the diners. Around him sailors gleefully sang themselves into a drunken stupor.

"Come, come, my jolly lads, the wind's abaft,
    Brisk gales our sails shall crowd;
    Then bustle, bustle, boys, haul the boat,
    The boatswain pipes aloud.
    All hands on board, our ship's unmoored,
    The rising gale fills ev'ry sail,
    Our ship's well manned and stored."

He couldn't help but join in with the jovial chorus. Every denizen of Port Said knew the song by heart, and it was considered bad luck to not at least whistle when the tune was heard.

"Then sling the flowing bowl..
    Then sling the flowing bowl...
    Fond hopes arise, the girls we prize
    Shall bless each jovial soul;
    Then the can, boys, bring,
    We'll drink and sing,
    While the foaming billows roll."

Ghalib was content. His belly was full, his spirits were high, and his journey had just begun. But the evening was still young, and his drink had him feeling confident. At any gathering of people, there were always potential customers just waiting to be schmoozed. He may not have had the product just yet, but he was sure he could sell the prospect. With that in mind, he set off to explore the ship and find someone with a fat wallet needing lightening.