New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Exploring Aatos (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    The steward's eyes open wide in surprise when you spoke to him. What? and then he blinks, and he realizes what had happened. A filthy noble and a psychic. Wonderful.

Nestor quickly selected a ponyta and took it to the attendant. Saddle him. He inclined his head and got to work. When the ponyta was saddled, Nestor mounted it. At the same time, the attendant formed a bond with the pokemon, merging minds with it. To one without your powers, nothing of note happened, but your insight allowed you to see the truth.

Do I still have your permission to teach him a lesson oh great and powerful psychic? thought the attendant dryly, with his mind dripping sarcasm.
    Yes, as long as you tell him that this particular ponyta has a rambunctious personality. That puts the choice in his hands, Theo tells the attendant. And I would be grateful if you don't mention the psychic to him, it gives me a chance to mess with him later. While the ponyta is saddled and Nestor looks all proud and pompous, Theo does a light scan of the young man's mind to once again assure himself that all is well.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

As you strap on your swords, a storm breaks out without warning. Your sense hadn't told you that a storm was on the way, and somebody with as much time on the sea as you knew when natural storms were on the horizon. There also didn't seem to be an pokemon working mischief on the ocean at the moment.

Then, a booming voice rang out over the waves, and it came from inside the ship.

Who dares to look upon the treasures of Gavent without the blood of ancients running in their veins?

A man runs up to you, he wasn't anything special among your personal crew. His name was Marcus, an ex Attican who joined a couple years back. Sir. I was outside the map room when the door exploded. It's like there's a hurricane in there right now.
    Only half-surprised that the map is protected and therefore potentially useless to them, Captain Rayleigh now is glad he gave the man cheap wine. He makes a run for the map room at as fast a run as one can on a ship in an artificial storm. He does not yet draw forth his blades, wanting to not cause a fight if he doesn't have to.

"Jon, you alright?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Janan spits the acrid liquid out of his mouth. Raising his leg high, he slams his heel into the bag, while Pateince delivers a quick kick to its relative face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Patience Sdef is so low the Stat drop did nothing!
    Unarmed Arms Attack
    [roll0] AC 6 Physical Normal
    [roll1]
    Quick Attack
    [roll2]AC 2 Physical Normal
    [roll3]
    Wincing in pain, the Trubbish retreats back into its pile of trash.

Nice job. Here. He throws down a knotted rope. Come on up. We don't use the front door.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "Not specifically, but I can know to start looking for them or try and lure them out with food they like." Ovelia said, "Do the canines even try and beg for food or anything? Anything you know they happen to like?"
    Meat, and lots of it. I'm sure they had some salted in the cellar. You can use it to try and bait them out. She retrieves a couple of flanks preserved by salt and hands them to you.

Here. This should do the trick.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe of Gods View Post
    Ghalib devoured his meal with great relish. The remnants of a juicy Tauros-bone steak, medium rare, lay scattered on his plate next to the discarded leek garnish, which Ghalib considered to be merely an obstacle on his quest for a delicious dining experience. The beverage of choice was a whimsical red wine with an elegant bouquet and a full body. It was purportedly harvested from the foothills of the Yengal Mountains, although he doubted that very much. More than likely it was raided by pirates from Port Cain and traded for a few extra hands, but it was not worthy of complaint. Galla made a fine wine, after all!

He was disappointed to see that the quality of the wine was lost on the majority of the diners. Around him sailors gleefully sang themselves into a drunken stupor.

"Come, come, my jolly lads, the wind's abaft,
    Brisk gales our sails shall crowd;
    Then bustle, bustle, boys, haul the boat,
    The boatswain pipes aloud.
    All hands on board, our ship's unmoored,
    The rising gale fills ev'ry sail,
    Our ship's well manned and stored."

He couldn't help but join in with the jovial chorus. Every denizen of Port Said knew the song by heart, and it was considered bad luck to not at least whistle when the tune was heard.

"Then sling the flowing bowl..
    Then sling the flowing bowl...
    Fond hopes arise, the girls we prize
    Shall bless each jovial soul;
    Then the can, boys, bring,
    We'll drink and sing,
    While the foaming billows roll."

Ghalib was content. His belly was full, his spirits were high, and his journey had just begun. But the evening was still young, and his drink had him feeling confident. At any gathering of people, there were always potential customers just waiting to be schmoozed. He may not have had the product just yet, but he was sure he could sell the prospect. With that in mind, he set off to explore the ship and find someone with a fat wallet needing lightening.
    The talk of the table was that four particularly rich merchants were on board the Silver Wing: a fine wine trader from Ningal, a slave trader who was based in Kafrmietta, a Carthaki nobleman, and a gold prospector who ran a shop in Port Said. All were more than merely wealthy, and each had a good amount of resources at their disposal.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    Yes, as long as you tell him that this particular ponyta has a rambunctious personality. That puts the choice in his hands, Theo tells the attendant. And I would be grateful if you don't mention the psychic to him, it gives me a chance to mess with him later. While the ponyta is saddled and Nestor looks all proud and pompous, Theo does a light scan of the young man's mind to once again assure himself that all is well.
    He blinks at you blandly, but follows your instructions to the letter. Patting the ponyta on the flank, he speaks to Nestor He's a little on the feisty side, so be gentle with him.

Nestor ignores the attendant and quickly guides the pokemon out into the pasture. He was fine for about a minute when the attendant acted. Using his magic, he asked the ponyta to buck the young noble off its back. It complied nicely, and Nestor soon occupied the mud, with a supposedly angry ponyta neighing over him.

It soon settled, but its noise had an unforeseen side effect: the herd of pokemon started to run in agitation, and picked up speed. Before you could blink, it had started to stampede, and Nestor was too busy whining about his fall to notice. Panicked thoughts dart around the attendants mind as he curses his bad luck.

Spoiler
    Show

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Only half-surprised that the map is protected and therefore potentially useless to them, Captain Rayleigh now is glad he gave the man cheap wine. He makes a run for the map room at as fast a run as one can on a ship in an artificial storm. He does not yet draw forth his blades, wanting to not cause a fight if he doesn't have to.

"Jon, you alright?"
    The wind in the map room almost blows you off your feet. Books, maps, chairs, and the weights to hold down map corners fly around the room dangerously as what appears to be a tornado engulfs the area. Jon lays on the floor, unconcious.

Slowly, the wind dies down and condenses itself into a green form while sporadic gusts continued to blowin the room. It's humanoid form had purple dots on it, and a white mustache and crest framed its face. A purple tail whipped out from behind him. Clouds formed his lower half, and they originated from the opened map next to Jon. A map from the wall had blown off and flew in front of your face the same figure was drawn there: Tornadus, one of the gods of the storm.

The figure looks down at you in contempt. You do not have the blood of the ancients either. You dare to look upon the treasures of Gavent without a claim to the royals? The legend was obviously preparing to launch another assault. This time aimed at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map, but there's nothing there right now. I can design the map room if you like, or you can.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Wincing in pain, the Trubbish retreats back into its pile of trash.

Nice job. Here. He throws down a knotted rope. Come on up. We don't use the front door.
    Grumbling under his breath about wasted effort, he clambers up the rope, Patience hanging from his neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Exp?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

The wind in the map room almost blows you off your feet. Books, maps, chairs, and the weights to hold down map corners fly around the room dangerously as what appears to be a tornado engulfs the area. Jon lays on the floor, unconcious.

Slowly, the wind dies down and condenses itself into a green form while sporadic gusts continued to blowin the room. It's humanoid form had purple dots on it, and a white mustache and crest framed its face. A purple tail whipped out from behind him. Clouds formed his lower half, and they originated from the opened map next to Jon. A map from the wall had blown off and flew in front of your face the same figure was drawn there: Tornadus, one of the gods of the storm.

The figure looks down at you in contempt. You do not have the blood of the ancients either. You dare to look upon the treasures of Gavent without a claim to the royals? The legend was obviously preparing to launch another assault. This time aimed at you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map, but there's nothing there right now. I can design the map room if you like, or you can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    your design sounds great. I'm not particularly attached to the map room.

Bartholomew will rest his hand on Aysune's hilt just in case and say, "No, I do not claim the blood of the ancients. However, I claim a right to that map by virtue of blood debt and by right of possession. I had not known of secrets within when I was given it. May we speak before this becomes violent?"

Spoiler
    Show
    cha of let's banter before we fight - (d20+1)[11]

Yeah, absolutely no regrets about giving him cheap wine. Wish I had the bottle back so I could smash it over his head. He thinks about the pirate who gave him the map.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia thanks the woman before mounting Maximus and heading into the woods. Once there, she set out the meat and waited, watching as stealthily as possible, ready to spring the trap.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

The talk of the table was that four particularly rich merchants were on board the Silver Wing: a fine wine trader from Ningal, a slave trader who was based in Kafrmietta, a Carthaki nobleman, and a gold prospector who ran a shop in Port Said. All were more than merely wealthy, and each had a good amount of resources at their disposal.
    Ghalib was pleased with the results of his eavesdropping. Indeed, there was business aboard! While Ghalib had learned to not judge a customer merely upon their appearance or background, the Kafrmiettan slave trader did not sound like the sort of customer he would like to deal with it.

But he did share a common interest with the Ningalian, and that would be enough to at least spark up a conversation. Ningalian wine was, in Ghalib's opinion, the very best there was. The climate was perfect for cultivating the ideal crop. Culturally speaking, the wine trader might not be interested in an exotic pet Pokemon. They were more typically used as tools. However, the Ningali are a pretty open minded people, and a more easily opened mind means the same of their wallet!

Ghalib had not seen very many Ningali in his trade, but one could often pick them out of the marketplace - they were the ones walking with their noses in the air, thinking more highly of themselves than others. He was pretty confident he could pick this merchant out of the others just by his demeanor. He left the galley in search of clues to the trader's whereabouts.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

He blinks at you blandly, but follows your instructions to the letter. Patting the ponyta on the flank, he speaks to Nestor He's a little on the feisty side, so be gentle with him.

Nestor ignores the attendant and quickly guides the pokemon out into the pasture. He was fine for about a minute when the attendant acted. Using his magic, he asked the ponyta to buck the young noble off its back. It complied nicely, and Nestor soon occupied the mud, with a supposedly angry ponyta neighing over him.

It soon settled, but its noise had an unforeseen side effect: the herd of pokemon started to run in agitation, and picked up speed. Before you could blink, it had started to stampede, and Nestor was too busy whining about his fall to notice. Panicked thoughts dart around the attendants mind as he curses his bad luck.
    Theo curses his own luck along with with the attendant. He sees no other option so he barrels into Nestor's mind and mentally says, Get up and get on that ponyta if you want to live! He knows that won't be enough, however, so he sends Torch out into the field and says, "Confuse the front two, it might draw them out of the way."

Spoiler
    Show
    Torch: HP: 25/25, Def 8, SDef 8, Spd 5
    Released on K20.
    Confuse Ray on H17 and I18. Cannot miss.
    Flies 3m up.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Grumbling under his breath about wasted effort, he clambers up the rope, Patience hanging from his neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Exp?
    Hearing your grumbling, the boy shrugged. Whad'ya expect? If you can't beat a trubbish, then you're trubbish to us.

He moves a piece of thatch in the center of the roof to reveal a hole in the ceiling. You hear distinct sounds of chatter, drinking songs, the smell of roasted meat wafts through the hole. This is the entrance we use. Come on in, but stay close. And don't touch anything. He clambers down a rope ladder into the building.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Bartholomew will rest his hand on Aysune's hilt just in case and say, "No, I do not claim the blood of the ancients. However, I claim a right to that map by virtue of blood debt and by right of possession. I had not known of secrets within when I was given it. May we speak before this becomes violent?"

Yeah, absolutely no regrets about giving him cheap wine. Wish I had the bottle back so I could smash it over his head. He thinks about the pirate who gave him the map.[/QUOTE]

Neither did the maps last owner know of me. He had the blood of the ancients, and so I was not summoned.

Rights of debt and possession are not enough. Prove your strength in battle, and I shall allow you to look upon the map. Choose your weapons o rage of the waves. It has been long since somebody of your ability looked upon me. Perhaps you are the one. Perhaps you are not. We shall see.

Spoiler
    Show
    By weapons, he means both actual weapons and pokemon. If you choose to fight, post your actions. If something significant changes between you and your mon's actions, you can change them.

Also, at some point could you get a me a quick design of your boat?

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdDdiQkRtaDhFeXVJZ2ZCSzlrOGNSQ nc#gid=1]Map[/ir;]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-02-28 at 06:22 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing your grumbling, the boy shrugged. Whad'ya expect? If you can't beat a trubbish, then you're trubbish to us.

He moves a piece of thatch in the center of the roof to reveal a hole in the ceiling. You hear distinct sounds of chatter, drinking songs, the smell of roasted meat wafts through the hole. This is the entrance we use. Come on in, but stay close. And don't touch anything. He clambers down a rope ladder into the building.

Janan just nods, not saying anything. He motions to Patience, who takes a seat on his shoulder, facing backwards. He follows through the hole, sticking close.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, absolutely no regrets about giving him cheap wine. Wish I had the bottle back so I could smash it over his head. He thinks about the pirate who gave him the map.
    Neither did the maps last owner know of me. He had the blood of the ancients, and so I was not summoned.

Rights of debt and possession are not enough. Prove your strength in battle, and I shall allow you to look upon the map. Choose your weapons o rage of the waves. It has been long since somebody of your ability looked upon me. Perhaps you are the one. Perhaps you are not. We shall see.

Spoiler
    Show
    By weapons, he means both actual weapons and pokemon. If you choose to fight, post your actions. If something significant changes between you and your mon's actions, you can change them.

Also, at some point could you get a me a quick design of your boat?

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4jVK75mdpjdDdiQkRtaDhFeXVJZ2ZCSzlrOGNSQ nc#gid=1]Map[/ir;]
    [/QUOTE]

"Then I shall prepare and return ready to fight. If I cannot win the right to gaze upon the map at that time, I shall abandon my attempt to do so and shall seek to return it to whomever you deem worthy."

Captain Rayleigh leaves and tells his wardrobe boy. "Put my coat away and tell the bosun to ready my armor. The Monster has an engagement in an hour." The boy looks startled and excited at the same time and runs off to do just as his captain commanded. By the time Captain Rayleigh reached the armory so don his armor, news that the captain was go battle the being in the map room had spread all throughout the ship. It had been a long while since anyone had witnessed the captain fight personally in an all-out battle. He tended to avoid naval engagements when possible and raids on coastal towns usually had them running in, grabbing what they can, and running out before the local guard could respond. Though he'd have to occasionally fight at such times, he never wore his armor on those raids, declaring speed more vital than power. Still, the officers and more veteran members of his crew can recall the battle almost a year ago when the captain donned his armor and lead a boarding party on a Gallan warship to capture a shipment of gold. He had fought recklessly, unheeding of the enemy blows striking at him as his great black armor absorbed each blow. Aysune moved swift as a serpent, chopping through enemy soldiers as if they were reeds. At one point he even send a wave of dark energy out to take out a group of enemies that had surrounded him.

Long story short, the crew was looking forward to a show.

An hour later, Captain Rayleigh will return to the map room, ready to fight. Heracles his rhyperior is at his side.

"Seeing as you are a single combatant, I shall fight you with honor and only use a single pokemon myself." Captain Rayleigh explains.

He will draw forth Charbodis and advance forward deliberately. Heracles will keep pace with him and blast forth a series of rocks as an opening volley.

Spoiler
    Show
    rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[14]
    physical rock, def applies - (d10+41)[48]
    rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[9]
    physical rock, def does not apply - (d10+15)[16]
    rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[3]
    physical rock, def does not apply - (d10+15)[19]
    rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[8]
    physical rock, def does not apply - (d10+15)[17]
    rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[10]
    physical rock, def does not apply - (d10+15)[20]

disregard all rolls after the first miss.

the secondary attacks are assuming STAB applies as per RAW. If you rule otherwise, subtract 11 from each iterative attack.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Ovelia thanks the woman before mounting Maximus and heading into the woods. Once there, she set out the meat and waited, watching as stealthily as possible, ready to spring the trap.
    Two red canines come into the clearing, noses working overtime. They find the meat and dig into it with relish. They're so occupied that they don't notice your presence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-02-28 at 08:08 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"There we go." Ovelia says as she releases May the Nidorina, "Nidorina, stand on guard in case they charge. I'm going to try and restrain one, not sure how the other will react so be ready."

With the order given, Ovelia stepped out and pointed the styler and moved the wand in a quick circular motion, trying to send feelings of calm, piece, and friendship to one of the pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to K8, release Nidorina at J7
    Styler restrain check
    (1d100-20)[-6]
    Last edited by Major; 2013-02-28 at 08:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Ghalib was pleased with the results of his eavesdropping. Indeed, there was business aboard! While Ghalib had learned to not judge a customer merely upon their appearance or background, the Kafrmiettan slave trader did not sound like the sort of customer he would like to deal with it.

But he did share a common interest with the Ningalian, and that would be enough to at least spark up a conversation. Ningalian wine was, in Ghalib's opinion, the very best there was. The climate was perfect for cultivating the ideal crop. Culturally speaking, the wine trader might not be interested in an exotic pet Pokemon. They were more typically used as tools. However, the Ningali are a pretty open minded people, and a more easily opened mind means the same of their wallet!

Ghalib had not seen very many Ningali in his trade, but one could often pick them out of the marketplace - they were the ones walking with their noses in the air, thinking more highly of themselves than others. He was pretty confident he could pick this merchant out of the others just by his demeanor. He left the galley in search of clues to the trader's whereabouts.
    The man wasn't hard to find. All you had to do was follow the sassnid slave girls carrying palm leaves to a room on the fourth floor. There he was, lazing about and eating grapes. He wore only pants and an unbuttoned vest that allowed for his copious fat rolls to spread out. His round doughy face was puckered in an eternal grimace, and he spit out one of the sourer grapes in disgust.

He is studiously ignoring your presence. Bring me more grapes. Green ones this time. He ordered his slaves.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo curses his own luck along with with the attendant. He sees no other option so he barrels into Nestor's mind and mentally says, Get up and get on that ponyta if you want to live! He knows that won't be enough, however, so he sends Torch out into the field and says, "Confuse the front two, it might draw them out of the way."

Spoiler
    Show
    Torch: HP: 25/25, Def 8, SDef 8, Spd 5
    Released on K20.
    Confuse Ray on H17 and I18. Cannot miss.
    Flies 3m up.
    The ponytas shake their heads in frustration. One barrels on, but the other grinds to a halt, stopping the two behind it also. A single member of the herd tries to stomp on Torch with a hoof, but the attack flies straight through the ghost.

Whimpering, Nestor gets up and starts running towards the fence. His mind was blind panic, his only though escape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Map It is editable.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

The man wasn't hard to find. All you had to do was follow the sassnid slave girls carrying palm leaves to a room on the fourth floor. There he was, lazing about and eating grapes. He wore only pants and an unbuttoned vest that allowed for his copious fat rolls to spread out. His round doughy face was puckered in an eternal grimace, and he spit out one of the sourer grapes in disgust.

He is studiously ignoring your presence. Bring me more grapes. Green ones this time. He ordered his slaves.
    Ghalib sidestepped the wayward grape as it inconsiderately flew his way. Yep, I've definitely found the Ningalian. Rather than try vainly to get the man's attention, Ghalib tried to match his level of boredom. He leaned against a support beam and let a small hmph escape his lips before speaking.

"Tell me, friend, do you ask for the green grapes culled from the vineyards of Lake Lyra? I hear they are the sweetest in all of Aatos, fertilized by thoroughbred Shroomish and watered only by the same bloodline of Poliwags since the vineyards were first irrigated! Or is it that honored vine of Phoebus you seek? Truly no branch has been graced with a fruit of such caliber. It's no wonder that the Oracle favors that wine above all other gifts. Or are you stuck with those dreadful things the Achaemians call "grapes" like the rest of us?"
    He spat the name of the imperials out with as much disdain as he could muster. He didn't personally have very strong feelings against them, although monopoly is bad for business, but he did know that the enemy of an enemy was a friend.
    Last edited by Scribe of Gods; 2013-02-28 at 11:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Stupid piece of... Torch, fly over and trap the charging one!" The Litwick flies quickly towards the ponyta that's closest to Nestor and throws a spinning, blue, rope-like flame at it, hoping to snare it in place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Torch: HP 25/25, Def 8, SDef 8, Spd 5
    Move to M16. Targeting M12 (If this is the one that's still charging)
    Firespin: AC 4 (1d20)[8] Trap for (1d4+1)[4] turns
    Fire, Special: (1d12+18)[23] If Crit (1d12+6)[11]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan just nods, not saying anything. He motions to Patience, who takes a seat on his shoulder, facing backwards. He follows through the hole, sticking close.
    The tavern room is dimly lit, but you can see well enough. The room is full of scarred men in desert garb. Prostitutes giggle as they serve the patrons. A full bar is stocked with as many types of spirits as you could think of. Men and women playing cards, throwing dice, and throwing knives at a board are scattered around the space. At a large table facing the door was a woman. She sat in an elaborately carved chair reminiscent of a throne. She had an imperious and commanding presence, and those around were obviously held her in deepest respect.

The boy leads you up to her. A boy who wants ta join Mar. He beat Burr easily enough, so I brought 'im to you.

Thank you Aron. Return to your post. He bowed, and scurried off without another word. The woman, Mar, directed her attention at you. So. You want to join the Bloody Hand do you? Why?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

The tavern room is dimly lit, but you can see well enough. The room is full of scarred men in desert garb. Prostitutes giggle as they serve the patrons. A full bar is stocked with as many types of spirits as you could think of. Men and women playing cards, throwing dice, and throwing knives at a board are scattered around the space. At a large table facing the door was a woman. She sat in an elaborately carved chair reminiscent of a throne. She had an imperious and commanding presence, and those around were obviously held her in deepest respect.

The boy leads you up to her. A boy who wants ta join Mar. He beat Burr easily enough, so I brought 'im to you.

Thank you Aron. Return to your post. He bowed, and scurried off without another word. The woman, Mar, directed her attention at you. So. You want to join the Bloody Hand do you? Why?
    Janan lowers his gaze out of respect. I'm in need of something permanent. I've been scrounging for scraps and I want to change that. I heard that the Hand makes things happen. I want things to happen.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

"There we go." Ovelia says as she releases May the Nidorina, "Nidorina, stand on guard in case they charge. I'm going to try and restrain one, not sure how the other will react so be ready."

With the order given, Ovelia stepped out and pointed the styler and moved the wand in a quick motion, trying to send feelings of calm, piece, and friendship to one of the pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to K8, release Nidorina at J7
    Styler restrain check
    [roll0]
    A whip of power leapt from the wand and encircled the canine. It's eyes glaze over and it immediately sits on the ground with its panting tongue out.

The other growlithe barks in surprise and runs off into the brush where it lurks growling Growlithe.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Stay on guard, May. Looks like they aren't going to fight, but let's not drop our guard." Ovelia warned before pointing the styler at the bush and waving it around to complete the circle around the bush. It hadn't completely fled and having two trackers was better than one.

Spoiler
    Show

Styler roll
    (1d100-20)[73]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

"Stupid piece of... Torch, fly over and trap the charging one!" The Litwick flies quickly towards the ponyta that's closest to Nestor and throws a spinning, blue, rope-like flame at it, hoping to snare it in place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Torch: HP 25/25, Def 8, SDef 8, Spd 5
    Move to M16. Targeting M12 (If this is the one that's still charging)
    Firespin: AC 4 [roll0] Trap for [roll1] turns
    Fire, Special: [roll2] If Crit [roll3]
    The ponyta's mane flares up as it absorbs the flames directed at it and uses them to enhance its own power. Still, it causes the pokemon to veer away from Nestor and the ponytas circle Torch. One spits fire at him dealing 25 fire special damage.

Still, they appear to be on their way to calming down. The attendant is attempting to force his way into the minds of the ponytas to calm them down, but he can only connect with so many at once.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Alright Torch, you're doing fine. Just float on up and this will all be over soon," Theo says. While the ponyta are seemingly distracted he mentally tells the attendant, Not even the pokemon have been hurt. This looks to have gone as planned. He keeps his mind scanning the attendant particularly to see if there'll be any backlash because of what happened.

Spoiler
    Show
    Torch flies another 3 meters up, making him 6 meters off the ground.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2013-03-05 at 09:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Ghalib sidestepped the wayward grape as it inconsiderately flew his way. Yep, I've definitely found the Ningalian. Rather than try vainly to get the man's attention, Ghalib tried to match his level of boredom. He leaned against a support beam and let a small hmph escape his lips before speaking.

"Tell me, friend, do you ask for the green grapes culled from the vineyards of Lake Lyra? I hear they are the sweetest in all of Aatos, fertilized by thoroughbred Shroomish and watered only by the same bloodline of Poliwags since the vineyards were first irrigated! Or is it that honored vine of Phoebus you seek? Truly no branch has been graced with a fruit of such caliber. It's no wonder that the Oracle favors that wine above all other gifts. Or are you stuck with those dreadful things the Achaemians call "grapes" like the rest of us?"
    He spat the name of the imperials out with as much disdain as he could muster. He didn't personally have very strong feelings against them, although monopoly is bad for business, but he did know that the enemy of an enemy was a friend.
    And who the muk are you? the giant man sneered at you. I'm no friend of yours, though you're right that Ningal does have the best grapes in the world.

The slaves bring a large platter with some green grapes piled on top of it. He picks one up and flicks it at you casually. And don't treat the Empire with such disdain. It's a powerful place. Lots of money to made in the Achaemian Empire right now.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan lowers his gaze out of respect. I'm in need of something permanent. I've been scrounging for scraps and I want to change that. I heard that the Hand makes things happen. I want things to happen.
    The Hand does in fact make things happen. What those things are depends entirely on who's paying the bills. We can always use recruits to make these things happen. What's your name child, and what do you have to offer to the Hand?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show