New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Exploring Aatos (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    "Stay on guard, May. Looks like they aren't going to fight, but let's not drop our guard." Ovelia warned before pointing the styler at the bush and waving it around to complete the circle around the bush. It hadn't completely fled and having two trackers was better than one.

Spoiler
    Show

Styler roll
    [roll0]
    Unfortunately, the bushes obstructed your ability to use the magic of your wand effectively, and the growlithe fled into the woods. The other one, the one your magic has ensnared, sits patiently waiting for you to give an order.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MintyNinja View Post
    "Alright Torch, you're doing fine. Just float on up and this will all be over soon," Theo says. While the ponyta are seemingly distracted he mentally tells the attendant, Not even the pokemon have been hurt. This looks to have gone as planned. He keeps his mind scanning the attendant particularly to see if there'll be any backlash because of what happened.

Spoiler
    Show
    Torch flies another 3 meters up, making him 6 meters off the ground.
    The situation quickly dissipated as the ponytas calmed down and went back to calmly grazing in the field. Nestor made it back to the edge of the enclosure safely, and came up to you panting. He had a wide grin on his face, and you could tell from his mind his version of events: him riding a bucking bronco for almost a minute before leaping off in time to outrun the rampaging herd of flaming equines that were attempting to crush his skull under hooves harder than diamonds. He seemed to have completely forgotten your psychic abilities for the moment.

I'll take that one. he said, pointing at the one he had originally chosen.

The attendant's mind is filled with mixed thoughts. Relief that he wouldn't get in trouble, satisfaction that he had successfully taught the prick a lesson, and then severe annoyance when said prick hadn't learned anything.

The rest of the purchase went smoothly. You were able to procure the beast for a reasonable price, and it seemed like the whole thing would resolve nicely. Nestor insisted outwardly on riding home on the newly bought pokemon, but inwardly he was planning on escaping into the city. Right before your party left he was on the verge of leaving. He had everything he needed, and if nobody interfered, he would probably make a clean getaway into the city.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well, we got at least one tracker...hopefully it's enough." Ovelia says before recalling her Nidorina and walking up to the pokemon under her control. "Alright, let's spend some time making sure the magic will last..." She says picking up the meat that had been used as bait and holding it out to the pokemon while she slowly held out her hand for the pokemon to sniff it.

Ovelia then spent the next thirty minutes feeding, petting, and strengthening the bond that the styler's magic had formed, turning the magic from a temporary fragile bond to a more stable one.

Spoiler
    Show

Attempting to spend thirty minutes to make the pokemon my companion. If uninterrupted we'll take the pokemon back to the house so that it can pick up the smell and then use tracker and hope we roll high enough.

Tracker: (1d20)[3]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    The Hand does in fact make things happen. What those things are depends entirely on who's paying the bills. We can always use recruits to make these things happen. What's your name child, and what do you have to offer to the Hand?
    I'm pretty good in a scrap. Patience and I make a pretty good team.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The situation quickly dissipated as the ponytas calmed down and went back to calmly grazing in the field. Nestor made it back to the edge of the enclosure safely, and came up to you panting. He had a wide grin on his face, and you could tell from his mind his version of events: him riding a bucking bronco for almost a minute before leaping off in time to outrun the rampaging herd of flaming equines that were attempting to crush his skull under hooves harder than diamonds. He seemed to have completely forgotten your psychic abilities for the moment.

I'll take that one. he said, pointing at the one he had originally chosen.

The attendant's mind is filled with mixed thoughts. Relief that he wouldn't get in trouble, satisfaction that he had successfully taught the prick a lesson, and then severe annoyance when said prick hadn't learned anything.

The rest of the purchase went smoothly. You were able to procure the beast for a reasonable price, and it seemed like the whole thing would resolve nicely. Nestor insisted outwardly on riding home on the newly bought pokemon, but inwardly he was planning on escaping into the city. Right before your party left he was on the verge of leaving. He had everything he needed, and if nobody interfered, he would probably make a clean getaway into the city.
    Admirable work, sir, Theo says to the attendant before the man leaves. His help was crucial and it was pretty fun to see Nestor fall on his ass.

Before said noble brat gets a chance to run off, Theo says, "If you do plan to run off to a brothel, at least pick a decent one. It would only embarrass your uncle if you were to trade a disease for a baby with some jilted old crone." He smiles at Nestor's reaction. "Or, you could, y'know, wait until after your visit with your uncle is over. He did just buy you a ponyta, technically."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Planswalker
    "Then I shall prepare and return ready to fight. If I cannot win the right to gaze upon the map at that time, I shall abandon my attempt to do so and shall seek to return it to whomever you deem worthy."

Captain Rayleigh leaves and tells his wardrobe boy. "Put my coat away and tell the bosun to ready my armor. The Monster has an engagement in an hour." The boy looks startled and excited at the same time and runs off to do just as his captain commanded. By the time Captain Rayleigh reached the armory so don his armor, news that the captain was go battle the being in the map room had spread all throughout the ship. It had been a long while since anyone had witnessed the captain fight personally in an all-out battle. He tended to avoid naval engagements when possible and raids on coastal towns usually had them running in, grabbing what they can, and running out before the local guard could respond. Though he'd have to occasionally fight at such times, he never wore his armor on those raids, declaring speed more vital than power. Still, the officers and more veteran members of his crew can recall the battle almost a year ago when the captain donned his armor and lead a boarding party on a Gallan warship to capture a shipment of gold. He had fought recklessly, unheeding of the enemy blows striking at him as his great black armor absorbed each blow. Aysune moved swift as a serpent, chopping through enemy soldiers as if they were reeds. At one point he even send a wave of dark energy out to take out a group of enemies that had surrounded him.

Long story short, the crew was looking forward to a show.

An hour later, Captain Rayleigh will return to the map room, ready to fight. Heracles his rhyperior is at his side.

"Seeing as you are a single combatant, I shall fight you with honor and only use a single pokemon myself." Captain Rayleigh explains.

He will draw forth Charbodis and advance forward deliberately. Heracles will keep pace with him and blast forth a series of rocks as an opening volley.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]
    [roll7]
    [roll8]
    [roll9]

disregard all rolls after the first miss.

the secondary attacks are assuming STAB applies as per RAW. If you rule otherwise, subtract 11 from each iterative attack.
    That would not be a wise choice mortal. You cannot face me without using your full power. His eyes flashed green, and it began to rain heavily in the room. The god held out one of his hands. At the end of each finger was a small tornado. He flicked them out into the battlefield, and they grew into humanoid masses of air that advanced into battle.

He seemed surprised by your Rhyperior's initial attack, but blocked all stones after the first with blasts of wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    It is now raining on the battlefield as if rain dance were used.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-03 at 04:48 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, we got at least one tracker...hopefully it's enough." Ovelia says before recalling her Nidorina and walking up to the pokemon under her control. "Alright, let's spend some time making sure the magic will last..." She says picking up the meat that had been used as bait and holding it out to the pokemon while she slowly held out her hand for the pokemon to sniff it.

Ovelia then spent the next thirty minutes feeding, petting, and strengthening the bond that the styler's magic had formed, turning the magic from a temporary fragile bond to a more stable one.

Spoiler
    Show

Attempting to spend thirty minutes to make the pokemon my companion. If uninterrupted we'll take the pokemon back to the house so that it can pick up the smell and then use tracker and hope we roll high enough.

Tracker: [roll0]
    Unfortunately, your new companion seems unable to pick up the scent of the ursaring. However, it is extremely warm and cuddly, and it enjoys rolling in the mud before shaking it all over you.

It's mid afternoon by the time you stop trying to find a scent. You could try to go back and look for tracks at the hut, wait for night to fall and wait for an attack, or try again tomorrow.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    I'm pretty good in a scrap. Patience and I make a pretty good team.
    She taps her head thoughtfully. Well, you might be useful, but I'm interested to see how you handle a job. I have something that shouldn't be too difficult, and we'll use it to see how well you'll fit in with the Hand.

She snaps her fingers, and a ratty looking man comes up to her with a large tome filled with loose sheafs of parchment. She goes through them and pulls out one. Here. on the parchment was a detailed sketch of a man with high cheekbones and long hair tied into a ponytail.

As a test of your skills, eliminate this man. He goes to Oasis Bloom every week for a full bath, probably tomorrow at midday. Of course, you'll be compensated upon completion of the mission.

You recognize Oasis Bloom as the bath you had just been at. It was a nice place, for the low cost at least.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-03 at 09:10 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Admirable work, sir, Theo says to the attendant before the man leaves. His help was crucial and it was pretty fun to see Nestor fall on his ass.

Before said noble brat gets a chance to run off, Theo says, "If you do plan to run off to a brothel, at least pick a decent one. It would only embarrass your uncle if you were to trade a disease for a baby with some jilted old crone." He smiles at Nestor's reaction. "Or, you could, y'know, wait until after your visit with your uncle is over. He did just buy you a ponyta, technically."
    Nestor's eyes widen in surprise as he remembers that you're a psychic. Then, his face twists into a grimace, and he sneers at you.

Why don't you just shut up servant. I do what I like, and my uncle can eat my dust if he thinks he can make me do what he wants. He puts as much scorn as he can into the words before digging his heels into the ponyta and riding off. All you can tell from his thoughts is that he wasn't going where he had planned to before leaving, because you would be able to find him.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

She taps her head thoughtfully. Well, you might be useful, but I'm interested to see how you handle a job. I have something that shouldn't be too difficult, and we'll use it to see how well you'll fit in with the Hand.

She snaps her fingers, and a ratty looking man comes up to her with a large tome filled with loose sheafs of parchment. She goes through them and pulls out one. Here. on the parchment was a detailed sketch of a man with high cheekbones and long hair tied into a ponytail.

As a test of your skills, eliminate this man. He goes to Oasis Bloom every week for a full bath, probably tomorrow at midday. Of course, you'll be compensated upon completion of the mission.

You recognize Oasis Bloom as the bath you had just been at. It was a nice place, for the low cost at least.
    Kill him..... Janan knew he would have to fight for what he wants to do. But killing was another. But right now, he had to do anything he could right now. Anything..... I'll do it.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Why did I even say anything?" Theo grumbles to himself. He hails the rhyhorn carriage that brought them there and orders the driver to detour through the city. Theo sits outside, next to the driver, trying find Nestor's trail by poking into minds looking for ponyta sightings or grumbling about foolish, young nobles.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

With little else to go on, Ovelia headed back to the hut. Once she was there, Ovelia released Sir Hector and asked Sir Hector to use his psychic senses to help keep a look out once night came. Then, with help from the Growlithe, she created a torch and waited.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Kill him..... Janan knew he would have to fight for what he wants to do. But killing was another. But right now, he had to do anything he could right now. Anything..... I'll do it.
    Good. Do well, and you'll be assigned to a permanent cell. We'll heal you and your riolu from your battle with burr. You can also grab a meal, so you don't have to keep stealing food from the marketplace.

With that, she turns back to her own meal, making it clear that your audience with her is over. Seeing a piece of fresh meat, one of the gamblers descended on you and started pulling on your hand. Care for a game of dice sonny? I could use me a riolu on my team.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why did I even say anything?" Theo grumbles to himself. He hails the rhyhorn carriage that brought them there and orders the driver to detour through the city. Theo sits outside, next to the driver, trying find Nestor's trail by poking into minds looking for ponyta sightings or grumbling about foolish, young nobles.
    It wasn't hard to follow Nestor's trail. A rich noble that rode horribly wasn't a sight seen everyday in the streets. You ended up at Medusa, a house that wasn't trashy, but wasn't nearly as nice as it could have been. One of the women outside the door walked up to you and began stroking your leg.

Here for a bit of fun are we? Ooh you look positively dashing in green. It brings out your eyes you know.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-04 at 11:44 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

With little else to go on, Ovelia headed back to the hut. Once she was there, Ovelia released Sir Hector and asked Sir Hector to use his psychic senses to help keep a look out once night came. Then, with help from the Growlithe, she created a torch and waited.
    You vigil began quietly enough, though there were enough small noises in the forest that let you know something was out there. Whether it was the ursaring or just another pokemon was beyond you. Then, you heard a faint screaming from a ways off.

Then you heard it again, accompanied by a roaring noise. It sounded like it was coming from the next farm to the north. The beast had decided to hunt elsewhere tonight!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Good. Do well, and you'll be assigned to a permanent cell. We'll heal you and your riolu from your battle with burr. You can also grab a meal, so you don't have to keep stealing food from the marketplace.

With that, she turns back to her own meal, making it clear that your audience with her is over. Seeing a piece of fresh meat, one of the gamblers descended on you and started pulling on your hand. Care for a game of dice sonny? I could use me a riolu on my team.
    Janan pulls his hand out of the gamblers grip. No. He isn't a bargaining chip. Patience growls at the man, but doesn't make any move beyond that. Janan looks around for the person or place serving food. It would be good to have real food in his belly for once.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia quickly released Maximus and jumped atop her mount before racing as fast as she could towards the other farm. She urged Maximus forward to the best of his ability, "I promise after this you can rest...just get us there faster than you've ever gone before."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Theo leaps down from the carriage and instructs the driver to wait somewhere out of the way. "Ah, yes, eyes and shirts. How original," he says to the woman. "Not really here for those services. A young noble rode in not long ago, fresh ponyta, bratty young man. It's alright, I'm his... handler." He enters the house and takes care not to look at it's flaws as any other noble would. "Miss, may I speak with the Madam of the House? I have a special request," he says with a sly wink. He wasn't here for his own pleasures, but a new opportunity mess with Nestor had presented itself.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

That would not be a wise choice mortal. You cannot face me without using your full power. His eyes flashed green, and it began to rain heavily in the room. The god held out one of his hands. At the end of each finger was a small tornado. He flicked them out into the battlefield, and they grew into humanoid masses of air that advanced into battle.

He seemed surprised by your Rhyperior's initial attack, but blocked all stones after the first with blasts of wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    It is now raining on the battlefield as if rain dance were used.
    "That is duly noted, and I shall keep that under advisement. Understand, though, that using only a single pokemon is not the same as using less than my full power." Bartholomew says as he advances on the tornados. He'll focus for a moment, and a pulse of water followed quickly by a pulse of darkness flow forth from him, catching two of the tornadoes and Tornadus himself in the blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    dark pulse, ac 2, flinch on 17-20 - (d20)[12]
    special dark - (3d10+24)[42]
    water pulse, ac 2, confuse on 17-20[/roll - (d20)[17]
    special water - (2d8+20)[29]

Heracles takes this as a signal to re-position himself slightly and unleash his own attack. It seems entirely inexplicable when the rock pokemon motions with his arms and a huge wave of water cascades in and drenches the battlefield.

Spoiler
    Show
    surf, ac 2, 4 meter wide column - (d20)[4]
    special water - (4d12+20)[44]
    Last edited by planswalker; 2013-03-05 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan pulls his hand out of the gamblers grip. No. He isn't a bargaining chip. Patience growls at the man, but doesn't make any move beyond that. Janan looks around for the person or place serving food. It would be good to have real food in his belly for once.
    The barmaid gets you a piece of tepig meat with some lumpy, yet satisfying gravy. You also got a mug full of beer and several more offers to gamble, some using pokemon, and others with money. Men and women periodically come and go through the trapdoor throughout your meal, and several people head to a backroom while fingering their pokeballs. An empath comes up to you midway through the meal and heals both you and patience, then hands you a slip of paper identical to the one you had used on yourself when fighting Burr. Eventually, a rousing round of drinking songs went round the room, making the place seem more boisterous than what a den of thieves should be.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Ovelia quickly released Maximus and jumped atop her mount before racing as fast as she could towards the other farm. She urged Maximus forward to the best of his ability, "I promise after this you can rest...just get us there faster than you've ever gone before."
    Maximus made good time, and you arrived at the farmstead quicker than you could've hoped for. He was panting, but perfectly fine; rider ponytas were bred for long distance running.

The door to the small home stood open, inviting you into the dark recesses of the building. Slight slurping noises came from what appeared to be stables or livestock enclosures. Maximus snorted nervously, stomping his hooves in agitation. His nostrils flared as he smelled the air, and gave the slightest of snorts to indicate his current state of mind.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo leaps down from the carriage and instructs the driver to wait somewhere out of the way. "Ah, yes, eyes and shirts. How original," he says to the woman. "Not really here for those services. A young noble rode in not long ago, fresh ponyta, bratty young man. It's alright, I'm his... handler." He enters the house and takes care not to look at it's flaws as any other noble would. "Miss, may I speak with the Madam of the House? I have a special request," he says with a sly wink. He wasn't here for his own pleasures, but a new opportunity mess with Nestor had presented itself.
    A tall woman walked out. She was clad scantily, with most of her body revealed. She leaned against the wall in a provacative pose and blew at you. Would you like to handle me too mister? I know I certainly wouldn't mind.

Then, a short, portly woman whacked the girl on the head with a wooden spoon. She wore a dirty smock, and she bore signs of living a hard life. Get out Lucretia. You sleep with who I tell you you can sleep with. Now what can I do for you? I can assure you that our services are the best in the city. You won't do better anywhere else, and all our girls have been cleared by psychics to be free of diseases.

She glares up at you, leaving you no doubt that she was somebody who wasn't about to lie down in front of a noble, or a noble's servant, and let him run over her with a wagon.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    "That is duly noted, and I shall keep that under advisement. Understand, though, that using only a single pokemon is not the same as using less than my full power." Bartholomew says as he advances on the tornados. He'll focus for a moment, and a pulse of water followed quickly by a pulse of darkness flow forth from him, catching two of the tornadoes and Tornadus himself in the blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]

Heracles takes this as a signal to re-position himself slightly and unleash his own attack. It seems entirely inexplicable when the rock pokemon motions with his arms and a huge wave of water cascades in and drenches the battlefield.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Your wild magic attack's aim is true, and both slam into Tornadus. Though they don't seem to do much damage to him, his eyes do cross slightly from the water pulse. Heracles's tidal wave of an attack is empowered by the rain on the battlefield, and the twisters come away battered. The god in front of you shields itself in a shell of condensed wind. His minions blast gusts of wind at you and your rocky companion. Two careen widly off course, but one hits you for 35 special flying damage, and two more hit Heracles for 33 and 21 damage respectively.

Then, Tornadus raises his arms, and a monsoon in miniature forms inside the map room, dealing 141 special flying damage to you and Heracles.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Ovelia recalls the tired pokemon and releases Sir Hector. She waves at the Growlithe to stay back while the two of them slowly move towards the sound. "You sense anything, Sir Hector?"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Heracles' tough hide takes the blows from the smaller creatures without much effect, and the one that attacked Bartholomew didn't even get past his armor. However, Tornadus' own attack was MUCH more effective. Bartholomew lets out a "whoof" as the wind knocks into him. Heracles actually weathers it decently well.

The two re-position themselves tactically and Bartholomew lets off another pair of dark pulses, holding nothing back in this fight. Heracles will shoot forth another blast of rocks, hoping to weather this being out. The two of them just ignore the lackeys, not deeming them a threat.

Spoiler
    Show
    dark pulse, ac 2, flinch on 17-20 - (d20)[16]
    special dark - (3d10+24)[41]
    dark pulse, ac 2, flinch on 17-20 - (d20)[14]
    special dark - (3d10+24)[31]

rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[7]
    physical rock, stats count - (d10+41)[43]
    rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[17]
    physical rock, stats don't count - (d10+4)[11] - forgot STAB. Add 11 to this.
    rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[4]
    physical rock, stats don't count - (d10+4)[10] - forgot STAB. Add 11 to this.
    rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[19]
    physical rock, stats don't count - (d10+4)[7] - forgot STAB. Add 11 to this.
    rock blast, ac 5 - (d20)[17]
    physical rock, stats don't count - (d10+4)[12] - forgot STAB. Add 11 to this.

ignore all rolls after the first miss
    Last edited by planswalker; 2013-03-06 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"It's the young man that came in recently, on the ponyta," Theo started. "You see, this young noble is riding around like he's king of the Sarn all because his uncle, my Lord Tarril, lent him enough money to buy the pokemon. I don't know how much he's paying for his experience here, but I would like to add a tip for the woman in question to..." He trails off verbally and instead finishes his sentence as a projection in the woman's mind: ...to tie him to the bed and pretend to rob him. At that point I'll enter the room and direct him back home. He watches carefully for a reply from the woman before asking for a price.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2013-03-05 at 10:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

The barmaid gets you a piece of tepig meat with some lumpy, yet satisfying gravy. You also got a mug full of beer and several more offers to gamble, some using pokemon, and others with money. Men and women periodically come and go through the trapdoor throughout your meal, and several people head to a backroom while fingering their pokeballs. An empath comes up to you midway through the meal and heals both you and patience, then hands you a slip of paper identical to the one you had used on yourself when fighting Burr. Eventually, a rousing round of drinking songs went round the room, making the place seem more boisterous than what a den of thieves should be.
    Janan inwardly frowns at the piece of meat slapped on his plate. He sits down and carefully consumes the gravy that had not touched the meat. He remembered how his mother used to prepare meat back home. Well, what he had to call home. She was very meticulous. Always buying live Pokemon instead of the meat sold in the market. Always using her image magic to gently lull it into the Void. Then she would ever so carefully skin the mon, and cut the meat neatly along natural divides. It was a painstaking process, but it was for a purpose. To prove to Giratina that they, the Ku****e, were his chosen people, they must show they would not make the same mistakes as their ancestors. To show respect for all living things, and even in death, to not brutalize or scar an individual.

These Carthaki took no such care. They ruthlessly slice the poor pokemon's throat's, letting their blood spill. They would hack, and chop meat off in big slices instead of its natural barriers. Savages, repeating the past. They will face judgment on Giratina's return. But that was not Janan's concern. He knew this would happen on that inevitable day.

What Janan's concern was, he was stuck in an unholy, hostile land. If he asked the cook for a proper Ku****e meal, he'd be ostracized, or worse, thrown back into the slave pits. He couldn't risk revealing his origins. And he couldn't go on living on purloined fruit. He had noticed his gut was thinning. Even in the pits they were given sufficient gruel to keep their bones from peeking out beneath their skin. Two weeks of fruit and he was already wasting away.

A gurgling sound erupted from his bowels. He couldn't continue to starving himself, not if he wished to rescue his family. Inhaling deeply and frowning outwardly, Janan stabs the meat with his fork. Slowly he raises the hunk towards his mouth, his hand shaking ever so slightly. An inch away, he contemplates putting it back down before his stomach told him otherwise. Preparing himself, he recites a mental prayer for forgiveness before finally sticking the meat into his mouth. He chews slowly, gagging on nothing but his own convictions. He swallows, the lump traveling painfully slowly down his throat and finally into his stomach. A pained look on his face was evident for a while afterwards.

He absent-mindedly thanked the Empath for the restoration. The sour disposition he was in was not improved by the sudden thought that he must end a man's life if he were to survive.

The entire time, Patience was munching on a biscuit. Seeing Janan's inner turmoil reflected in his Aura, roiling orange, pulsating wildly. Curious
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2013-03-05 at 08:56 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Ovelia recalls the tired pokemon and releases Sir Hector. She waves at the Growlithe to stay back while the two of them slowly move towards the sound. "You sense anything, Sir Hector?"
    The gallade ***** his head to the side as he mentally listens to the world around him. It's here, I can feel it in my mind's eye. In the animal pens. I don't sense anything else though.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's the young man that came in recently, on the ponyta," Theo started. "You see, this young noble is riding around like he's king of the Sarn all because his uncle, my Lord Tarril, lent him enough money to buy the pokemon. I don't know how much he's paying for his experience here, but I would like to add a tip for the woman in question to..." He trails off verbally and instead finishes his sentence as a projection in the woman's mind: ...to tie him to the bed and pretend to rob him. At that point I'll enter the room and direct him back home. He watches carefully for a reply from the woman before asking for a price.
    The woman mulled over your proposition slowly. She didn't give a ratata's arse about you or Nestor, but you posed a chance to make a pretty nice bit of money. She wouldn't go lower than 100, but she planned to milk this for all its worth.

I'll do it for 200 Gold. Her eyes glinted in anticipation of the negotiation to come.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2013-03-06 at 09:19 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Janan inwardly frowns at the piece of meat slapped on his plate. He sits down and carefully consumes the gravy that had not touched the meat. He remembered how his mother used to prepare meat back home. Well, what he had to call home. She was very meticulous. Always buying live Pokemon instead of the meat sold in the market. Always using her image magic to gently lull it into the Void. Then she would ever so carefully skin the mon, and cut the meat neatly along natural divides. It was a painstaking process, but it was for a purpose. To prove to Giratina that they, the Ku****e, were his chosen people, they must show they would not make the same mistakes as their ancestors. To show respect for all living things, and even in death, to not brutalize or scar an individual.

These Carthaki took no such care. They ruthlessly slice the poor pokemon's throat's, letting their blood spill. They would hack, and chop meat off in big slices instead of its natural barriers. Savages, repeating the past. They will face judgment on Giratina's return. But that was not Janan's concern. He knew this would happen on that inevitable day.

What Janan's concern was, he was stuck in an unholy, hostile land. If he asked the cook for a proper Ku****e meal, he'd be ostracized, or worse, thrown back into the slave pits. He couldn't risk revealing his origins. And he couldn't go on living on purloined fruit. He had noticed his gut was thinning. Even in the pits they were given sufficient gruel to keep their bones from peeking out beneath their skin. Two weeks of fruit and he was already wasting away.

A gurgling sound erupted from his bowels. He couldn't continue to starving himself, not if he wished to rescue his family. Inhaling deeply and frowning outwardly, Janan stabs the meat with his fork. Slowly he raises the hunk towards his mouth, his hand shaking ever so slightly. An inch away, he contemplates putting it back down before his stomach told him otherwise. Preparing himself, he recites a mental prayer for forgiveness before finally sticking the meat into his mouth. He chews slowly, gagging on nothing but his own convictions. He swallows, the lump traveling painfully slowly down his throat and finally into his stomach. A pained look on his face was evident for a while afterwards.

He absent-mindedly thanked the Empath for the restoration. The sour disposition he was in was not improved by the sudden thought that he must end a man's life if he were to survive.

The entire time, Patience was munching on a biscuit. Seeing Janan's inner turmoil reflected in his Aura, roiling orange, pulsating wildly. Curious

You got a couple of weird looks while you ate your food, but you didn't attract that much attention. Even a new face couldn't distract from the dancing midgets for too long.

The empath accepted you thanks and left silently, right as business started to pick up. The place was getting a little more crowded, though not to the point of being uncomfortable.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show