New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Sources and Dragons (IC)

Drak'tek half-way draws one of his bastard swords when he sees Vvaren drawing his rapier, but stops when he sees that the elf isn't attacking.

When he sees that Dano intends to teleport the group to their destination, Drak'tek says, "Hold a moment, I must call my companion from outside."

With that, Drak'tek stares at the wall for a moment. After a minute, a lizard-like creature scampers into the room on all fours and then stands up on its hind legs to get a look at the group. It is about four feet tall, with a white underbelly, luminous red eyes and blue and black stripes on the rest of its body. Its tail sticks straight out behind it and it has two slim horns extending upwards at an angle from the sides of its head. As it stares at the group, electric arcs crackle over its body. Once it finishes its inspection, the creature waddles over and nuzzles Drak'tek affectionately.

"This is Tatch, he will accompany us."

[ooc: Shocker Lizard entry here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shockerLizard.htm]
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Garath finds himself surrounded by pine trees.
    Last edited by Fuzzball; 2006-11-15 at 01:53 AM.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"I hate... pine trees."

Garth sighs as he thinks on his option. He could just destory this entire forest, but then Dano would scold him again. And that was always annoying. Hedecided to get some vission on exactly where he was.

(Jump check 33. 13+20; Garath will hover with his flightcapabilities from there.)
    All your base are belong to us!

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Nodding, he counts those people with him. "I hope you have a place where he can hide for the few moments of transportation. Otherwise, I'm going to have to make two trips." His voice indicates that really isn't his first choice.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r smiles. Despite the differences in appearances already he was quite impressed with the scaled insect. "I too must retrieve accompaniment, one moment please." And with that Kaliand'r heads out of the room and towards the outside of the building where he calls for his companions.

He returns shortly, followed by an armored reptile, resembling the thri-keens companion, only without antennae and more carnivorous in features. A cunning and intelligent look on its saurian face, only enhanced by the companion relationship. The other resembled a female form, in a deep black cloak hiding alll features. "My companion is named Thorn and this one's name is Rose." Both figures bow slightly to the group presented before them.
    Last edited by Tajdi; 2006-11-15 at 10:56 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Garath takes to the air and looks about. Off in the distance he can see a small town nestled in the trees...perhaps a half-mile away...
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

An eyebrow is quirked up, sunglasses hiding his eyes, and he smirks. "Two trips it is. If we are all quite set?" Once everyone is ready and prepared, he takes the first five people (and any companions) and warps the air around them. A breeze rushes past their faces as time and space is bent to his will and they appear below Garath. Disappearing from their sight, he reappears back in the chamber and repeats this process with the remaining partymembers.

"What do you see, old friend?" He calls up to his companion.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"The village is half a mile away. If you would let me, I coould clear a path. I just don't want you to scold me about the elves again. Remember last time... I never knew a man could have such a high pitch before. Though a quick flash fire could reveal a lot about this place..."

Garath remains hovering, his massive wings creating gust which was already bending the trees ways.

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

He sighs and shakes his head at his friend. "No, not again. We would probably be better off either flying there or walking. If you fireflash this place, it could burn the whole forest down or disrupt the entire natural order around here."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

"There is no need for destruction, the forest is quite willing to let one pass if one only knows how to ask."

Drak'tek touches the pearl hanging around his neck with a claw and then gestures in the direction of the village. Underbrush and even the trees seem to pull back, leaving a straight, level path with no obstructions.

Cast Easy Trail

With that, Drak'tek begins to stroll down the newly created path. Now that he is back in the wilds, his manner has changed. All the hesitation and nervousness is gone from his stance. Instead, he moves with all the casual grace and power of a stalking tiger in its own territory. Tatch follows at his heels (after it throws up in a bush, apparently the electric lizard is not used to teleportation).
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Nodding, he leaps up and drifts to his friend, exchanging a few words, looking down at the others. Slowly, he begins to flying along after the group once it's moving. While walking may be best for them, having the strategic advantage of aerial lookout is priceless. As he flies, he reaches under his wind-whipped cloak and pulls out a spyglass. Soon, he's scanning the entire area, looking for signs of trouble or danger.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r's eyes narrow, yet he remains silent but ready, at the gold creature's call to burn the forest down. Before he can reply though, the Thri-Keen makes a path clear for them. A smile appears on the killoren's face as he makes a silent if unseen nod to Drak'tek. He motions for his raptor companion and his other aide to follow him, as he follows the others. Taking note of the type of trees that are found in the region, in case this knowledge could become useful later on. His hands still gripping his staff and one of the bare sticks from his open backpack.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Everyone hears the sound of a bell ringing and shouting in the distance. Through is spyglass Dano can see people rushing to the small fort at the edge of the town and several people pointing in your direction.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath kept up his flight and looked in the direction of the sounds in annoyance. He was plenty used to people gawking, but this was only going to become troublesome if they found them to be threat.He didn't bother grabbing for his size, but he was prepared to balst these simple people away, if he had to.

"Dano, that note might be useful. I'm guessing my flying towards them does not make a good impression. I'll lower my speed, so you reach there first."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano nods in agreement, and streaks off towards the town. "Inform the others of what's going on." his voice trails after him as he flies towards the town.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The path cleared by Drak'tek does not reach far into the forest, but does seem to travel with you, closing back over behind. As such, only Garath and Dano can see the panic that Garath has caused.

Dano: The last of the town's folk have gone to the fort and the gates close as you arrive. It is better than nothing, but it does not look like a very strong hold. There are guards along the top of the wall, each pointing a bow in your direction. You hear whispering behind the wall that sounds like an argument, but you can't make out the exact words being exchanged.

The whispers stop and a feminine voice calls out, "State your business!"
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano halts in the air, his hooded cloak lazily drifting around him as the wind at his elevation playfully tugs at his clothing. He sees the panic, recognizes the kind of problems Garath was sure to cause, and sighs as another town fell victim to his friend's visage. Looking back over his shoulder, he shrugs and then reaches behind his cloak to pull out the letter. Holding it firmly, he holds it up and shouts down to the voice who had called out to him.

"We are representatives of Gent, seeking out the truth behind the disappearances which have plagued this part of Pitra. This letter is evidence of our mission, and we only wish to get information and seek out those who have gone missing."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Using a telepathic communication, Garath's voice enters the minds of the rest. It won't become strenous, at least as long as they don't mentally shouting...

"Dano is going to approach the village. They seem dead set on killing anything that doesn't look noraml. So, almost all of us. In any case, I sujjest we hold back until Dano's signal."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

A door in the gate opens and a lone woman comes out before the door is closed and latched (loudly) behind. The woman walks forward confidently, but as Dano comes down to her level he can see her nervousness. She seems young for a leader and is not clad in the trappings of the military, but rather white robes with a yellow sun emblazoned on the front.

She reaches out for the letter and reads it quickly. "And the thing hovering over the forest, is it with you?"
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

"Yes, he is my friend. You have nothing to fear from him."

He looks the woman over, clearly a pelorian priestess. "You do not need to be worried. We are not here to hurt you or your charges, Pelorian."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Vvaren stands in the shadows not to hide but to avoid the direct sunlight. "We could always sneak over there guard and just keep our larger friends out of city limits.", he says quietly.
    The True pwnage

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I am.............confident.....that Dano will resolve any potential obstacles through reasonable diplomatic tactics. Although I must admit that I am reluctant to have any contact with these people whatsoever."

Avatars courtesy of Qwernt (Nagahydra) and jamroar (Ice Devil).

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

"I still believe it would be best to leave the more beastly of our companions in the forest in order to prevent people from being afraid to make contact with us, those who we leave behind can take some shifts off the guards while we question them and their families." Vvaren said quietly.
    The True pwnage

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The woman does not appear to be comforted by Dano's words. "I don't doubt your intentions sir. The true enemy remains well hidden, but these people are frightened. 22...sorry...23 people missing is nearly a tenth of the town. I'm afraid we have little to offer beyond fear."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

"And that is precisely why we are here. Gent has hired us to seek out those who have gone missing, and at worst, stem the loss of future inhabitants. If we cannot combat the fear itself, let us rather focus on the cause of the fear." He pauses, and looks at the others town's walls.

"I know that I can reinforce these walls if you'd like, and provide you with a means to protect this village. My large friend is a stalwart warrior, and the rest of my party have their own talents, one of which is a nature-lover. Do you have any information that may assist us in what happened here?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

She shakes her head, "We have not been attacked, and I can't see how stronger walls will keep people from wandering off."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

He furrows his brow in thought. "So they just wandered off of their own accord? Have you been able to determine the state of mind when they did? Did they appear themselves? Were they married, single, a particular location in the town? Were they a part of any specific type of demographic or function-serving portion of the town? Do you know if any magic was involved?" He rattles off his questions, and realizes he has asked too much in one breath.

"I'm sorry. I am merely trying to get as much information as I can before another person is taken. May we come inside and try to gather as much evidence as possible?" He looks at the walls and towers, and quirks an eyebrow up from behind his sunglasses. "I still want to do something about your fortifications. It won't take me long and it will help you regardless of if it works keeping people from leaving."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"Gent has sent you and therefore you and your companions are welcome. I will have to convince the others of your good intentions. It will take a moment." She walks back to the door and it opens, once again it is closed behind her and latched. Dano can hear the conversation, which ends with a brief discussion of Gent's letter and a grumble before the gate swings open.

He can now see the town'sfolk huddled inside, staring fearfully at him. The woman comes forward again and motions the others that it is safe to go back to their homes. She bows slightly to Dano, "My name is Ashlee. If you or your companions require anything you will need to come to me." She hands him back the letter, then turns to the people still huddled inside. "Go back to your work and your homes. These strangers are here to help us. They will not harm you." Slowly the people begin to filter out, keeping their distance from Dano.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

He recognizes the fear and distrust. It hits him like a wave, pressing over him. He swore to himself to help them, even if they didn't trust him. Taking the letter back, he replaces it under his cloak. In his mind, he reaches out to Garath, over the connection they always had open.

Garath, advise the others that we are clear to enter the town. I would suggest you keep your distance... they are wary of me, so I think any of those who do not look human may wish to either change their appearances or stay back from town. Ask if any of them can communicate with animals, for it sounds like people were wandering off. If they are under the influence of another being, the animals may have seen something or someone. I will represent us in our needs, as I have a good repoire going with the town's leader, Ashlee. Garath, if you can, gather as much stone and stray healthy lumber as you can and place it just at the edge of the forest. I want to help these folks with their town while they sleep. I figure it will aid in earning their trust; be a token of good will."

He nods and follows Ashlee into the town. "Is there anything your town is in need of, besides the solution to this mystery?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garth did as he was told, relaying all the information to the others, and directing all questions to be asked to Dano.He merely hovered and streched his claws. He could take this entire forest if need be, but that was far more than needed. He was going to have fun with this little task though.