New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1345
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Sources and Dragons (IC)

Dano

Taking the Periapt, he laces it around his neck and feels the power return. Sighing in relief, he listens to the info being disseminated, taking it all in. "Then I think in that time I shall make preparations of my own. Anar, will I have access to your researching staff and your facilities?"
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Anar looks around the library, "You're looking at my staff and facilities. I'm sure the house will provide anything you need, and we'll be here to help you out if you want it." He motions to Morris and himself as he speaks.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Nodding, he looks up at the house and speaks quietly. "Sorry about the comment earlier." He then looks at the other two and nods his head. "Thank you for that. I will work in my room, should anyone need me." He then bows lightly to the hosts and instructs his ball of light to bring him to his room.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Limerick goes about his business, and Vires is offered a room should he wish to stick around. Taena is left to her own devices, continuing to get to know the locals.

Dano retires to his room. Over the last ten days, he had felt varying emotions through his link to Ashlee, and now he senses a great deal of amusement and confusion. It lasts for an hour or so, to varying degrees, until it turns to suprise, then fear, and then pain as he his connection to her is strained. A few seconds pass and then that pain is gone along with his beloved's presence.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can kick me later if you want. I should be on around midnight mountain standard time.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Orc in the Playground

Limerick Basch't - Professional.

Limerick nods to Anar, "You can make it after you make my other item. Thanks." He smiles and looks at Dano, "I'm taking off for a couple days, got some personal business to handle. I've been on the run for over a week now... need to leisure. I'll have my comm on, if you need me."

With that, he takes off.

Signature by Sneak.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano enjoys the link as her amusement continues. The instant he feels pain and fear, he immediately ceases what he is doing and runs out of his room. Without explanation, he continues to run until he exits the building, moving as fast as his body will take him until he can teleport to the edge of Asaqua's realm. "Mikael, please forgive me. This is for love... I am sure you can understand that..." At that moment, he halts time and continues to move towards the ocean goddess' residence, pushing his mind and body as far and hard as he can to get to Ashlee before that fear and pain ceases. "I'm coming, honey... I'm coming. Hold on." He whispers quietly to himself, his soul reaching out to the trio of gods he has a relationship with willing him to make it in time.

"Everyone, please help me. Ashlee is in trouble. I fear the worst. Please make your way to Asaqua's realm as fast as possible." His voice is panicked and frantic, entirely unlike the Dano they know.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah... I have to get to bed at 2300 your time from now on. Heading back to work. Yeah... Kicking shall commence.
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2008-04-15 at 10:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Dano appears below the tower and speeds toward the surface. The door to the tower is open and there are no guards there to stop him. When he reaches the main floor he finds the large chamber filled with people in a carnival-like atmousphere. He casts a spell to locate a ring he had given to Ashlee and follows its instructions up the tower to the 24th floor which is another large chamber, this one filled with air.

There are several aquatic creatures in the room, all looking quite somber. At the center lays Ashlee, one merman bending over her apparently checking her vital signs.

Dano's form blinks out and blinks in next to her. "What happened?!" He uses his death-seeing vision to check on her.

Ashlee's body appears completely intact. There is no damage to her as far as Dano can tell, though he senses nothing from her. The flower brooch on her chest is glowing more dimly than before.

Dano checks the back of her neck for the jewel without letting anyone else see him do it. He finds the gem completely intact.

"She is gone." The man seems confused, but all of the creatures around appear to be a bit dazed.

"Gone? She can't be gone... " He cradles her as his arms, holding her closely to him. "She can't be..." He looks down and tears quietly fall on her face. "Did anyone see what happened?" His voice is a whisper.

"She was here, but now she is gone," the merman sounds distraught.

"I mean... tell me exactly what happened." His voice is strained as he speaks the merman's native tongue. "What was she doing, where was she, what did you see?"

The man shakes his head, "Gone." Dano isn't sure what is wrong with the man, but he doubts the other is all there either.

Rage begins to boil up and the air around him wavers slightly. "Did anyone here see what the hell happened to her?" His voice is checked but is very strained. Dano doubts that he'll get an answer from any of them.

His eyes glow red as he glares at them all, his tears still streaming down his face. He quickly pats her down, looking for a black gem, or anything that doesn't belong, but finds nothing.

Dano casts another spell and the world fades to shadows. Dano can make out Ashlee talking with someone. It is diffucult to make out what is being said or who the other person is beyond that it is humanoid.

"It is not a prison. I am free to feel whatever I like and I choose him over all others." The man shakes his head and he hears Ashlee scream. Ashlee's form appears to split. Her body falls and her spirit appears to be swept away

Dano casts every detection spell he knows and looks about the room. After a moment he cuts off the detection spells and frowns, stands with Ashlee cradled in his arms as he holds her close. "I will not let you go." Walking back the way he came, he teleports out and into the realm of Athena.

"Athena, please. Help her." His voice is now a wracking sob, all sense of self-control lost. Dano drops to his knees and silently calls to Bahamut and Pelor.

Athena places a hand on Dano's back and studies Ashlee. After a few moments Pelor and Bahamut arrive. Pelor takes his cleric gently from Dano and then Athena and Bahamut pull Dano to the side to give the other god some room.

Dano looks at the other two and desperately looks at Pelor. "Her soul..." He pauses as he fights through his tears. "It was sheared from her body and whisked away."

Pelor's eyes reflect Dano's pain as he turns back. "Yes. She is gone. I cannot locate her spirit."

"What about the man whom was speaking to her when it happened? Can you locate him?"

The god shakes his head, "I'm not sure what happened. A source no doubt. The world gets fuzzy around them. Souls have been known to be destroyed around them, though I don't think that is the case here, I simply have no way to find her." His voice cracks a bit at the end.

Dano relates his vision of the room through coughing sobs. "The other people there... their pheramones were all out of balance... it's as if they went haywire." He walks over to her and kneels back down, holding her close. "I don't care if I have to sacrifice myself to bring her back. Strip me of my powers. Just bring her back." He buries his face into her shoulder and rocks her quietly.

The three gods look at each other and a conversation is held between them. A few minutes pass before Bahamut kneels beside Dano, "If we were able to do this thing for you, we would. It is not possible. We could put your soul into her, but it would be you and not her. I'm sorry." The dragon god wraps his arms around Dano.

His whole form shakes from his sobs. After a short while, he looks up at Bahamut. "Is there magic that can steal souls?" He continues rocking her like a parent would a child. "Possibly seal them in an object"

"Yes there are such spells. If one has been used, then the object would need to be located for her soul to be restored to her. Though if it were the case, I think Pelor would be able to tell you where it is. He cannot, but that is no reason to give up and not attempt to search."

Nodding, he looks down at her again. "Mikael, hear me, please. Please come to my aid."

The god of time does not appear as quickly as the others, but he does come. The average looking man walks in and nods to each of his peers. "Is there some kind of convention here that I was unaware of?"

"My fiancee... Ashlee." He looks down at his to-be wife's form, and looks back up at Mikael. "Her soul was stolen, and possibly sealed within a gem, like the ones we found in the lair of the styx dragon." His tears continue flowing for Ashlee, but his mind is slowly churning to make sense of it. "I need your help, as these other patrons of mine and Ashlee's are unable to help."

"What do you think that I can do about it where my elders are unable?"

"You control the flow of time. I ask... no. I beg. I plead for you to send me back in time to either stop this from happening, or to see who did it and where her soul rests."

"Oooooh..." Mikael frowns. "There are rules about this kind of thing...or rather against it. I know the stories about love conquering all, but it isn't that simple."

Dano stops crying and looks up at Mikael. "What do I have to do?" His voice is deadpan and serious, sounding as if he didn't care about what happened to himself.

The god thinks for a bit, "Well, you could ask the Inevitables for their permission I suppose. It will take several days to get you in. Constructs like appointments and have no concept of urgency."

He looks at the god and then at the other three. "Right now, I don't know of any other option, as we have no way of tracking down the person responsible, nor the object her soul is trapped in." He looks down and strokes her cheek gently before looking back up at Mikael. "What will they ask of me?"

"They'll want to know why you want to go and what you plan to do. Then they'll spend a few hours estimating the damage you're likely to do to the timeline if you're allowed to go back. If they think you're not a true risk, then they might give permission and send you back themselves. I'd suggest not causing too much trouble between now and when you go see them if that's the course of action you plan to take."

They look to each other again and all shake their heads. Bahamut chimes in, "I think that is your best choice at the moment. Mikael, will you make Dano that appointment." He looks to his former servant, "If you want, I will watch over her for you."

"I cannot watch over her?" He looks at Bahamut and then to Ashlee.

"I never said that."

"I would like it very much if I could watch over her, Lord Bahamut. I would like company, if you are willing. I don't want to be alone."

"You may stay in my realm while you wait, if that is your desire."

"I would. Are my friends welcome as well?"

Bahamut smiles, "Always."

"Thank you."
    He calls out to them telepathically as he stays holding Ashlee.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Vires looks around, his breathing making a bit of smolke as he scans the area for Dano.

Dano can be found, kneeling, sitting on his heels a short distance away. He has his back to Vires, and his wings wrap around something held in his arms, and he is rocking slightly. Bahamut is nearby speaking quietly with an ancient gold dragon. There is work to be done, even if he'd rather not.

"Dano."

Dano doesn't respond, and now that Vires gets closer, he can hear a slight tune being hummed by the dragonborn.

"DANO!" Vires looks to Bahamut, hoping his friend hasn't lost his mind... Dano flinches at the shout, but doesn't stop his humming.

Bahamut detaches himself from the other conversation and walks quietly over to Vires. "Ashlee's soul has been removed. He's been like this since Athena and Pelor left."

Nodding the Gold sighed and walked to the God. "I will retrieve it."

Dano stops humming, still rocking Ashlee's body. "You can't." Vires has never felt such torture and anguish in a voice before. "If we had any idea where to start looking he would already be there. Mikael suggest a course of action, but he'll have to wait a while. I'm afraid I do have duties to get to. Keep watch over him Vires."

"You cannot expect me to do nothing..."

Dano starts humming again, and Vires can see him run a hand along Ashlee's cheek.

Bahamut sighs, "If you have a suggestion, there are four gods that would love to hear it. For now, we have no suggestions to offer. You two may stay here. If you need me, you know how to find me." He strolls out through a set of large doors, several canaries following him, and the doors close themselves behind him. The chamber you are in has room for a collosal dragon and accomidations for a few humanoids.

Vires sighs and turns humanoid, embsracing his friend as her feels his eyes water. "I will destroy your enemies..."

Dano stops humming and looks up at his friend. "If only I knew who they were." His face is torn with grief, his normally-stoic facade completely gone. His eyes are red and there are streaks that run down his face where tears should be.

"I will handle this, my friend."

"How, Vires? How?" His voice shakes with anger. "I can halt the flow of time, alter reality, and make things appear out of thin air. Yet I cannot locate the villian who did this, nor retrieve Ashley's soul! The three gods who Ashlee and I pay homage two are unable to do something! How in this universe are you capable of 'handling this'?" His voice rises to a shout, and his grip on his fiancee tightens.

Vires simply shook his head. "If you do not believe in me here, you never knew me at all. Nor do you have faith in the longingness for Ashlee to return." Vires huffs a bit of fire and glares at the man, gripping Dano with his herculean strength. "I am going to dear through this world and every other until I get my friend back."

"Vires, you do not understand." He looks down at Ashlee's sleeping form. "You can rip this world asunder, tear across planes of existance, and you may never find the stone that contains her soul. Without knowing the specific object, what it looks like, we cannot find it. The person who did this to her is invisible to our eyes, for we do not even have an identity. So I have asked Mikael to send me back in time to stop this from happening."

"Then we will wait until that is done."

He looks back up at his friend. "I need you to support me, Vires, not destroy the world. My entire world has been shattered with my fiancee's affliction, and I don't know where to turn." To Vires, Dano appears to be a small child, looking for answers that aren't there.

"As Garath had always, even until his death, I will aid and support you."

Dano nods and looks back to Ashlee and begins humming to her again, his hand holding hers as he resumes rocking her. For the first time, Vires can see a ring made of pure light on her left ring finger, platinum scales setting a stark contrast to the green scales of the rest of her body beneath the ring of light.

"My friend, have you noticed?"

"Noticed what, Vires?"

"The evil is leaving her."

"No, that is by my design. Those scales are the same color as mine. It is a part of my soul that changes the color of those scales. That way, she can always have a part of me with her. She is perfect as she is."

Vires nods, holding his friend dearly. "I will protect you both."

"Thank you." He continues to rock as his friend holds him, until the rocking ceases and Dano finally falls asleep. Even in his sleep, his embrace around Ashlee remains strong.

Vires lets him sleep and looks to Bahamut's dargons at a loss.

Dano sleeps and eventually dreams. In his dream he feels himself being pulled aimlessly with the flow of a filthy river. For a moment the thought occurs to him that he should try to swim out, but that thought is quickly swept away. Again the thought comes to him, and again it is taken away. On the shores he sees fire, and a city being carried by many legs.

Again the thought occurs to him that he should swim to the shore...it isn't very far...and again it is taken away just as quickly as it came. He watches the scenery float past as he is pulled further down the river until several hours have passed and he wakes.

Dano wakes with a jerk and he looks around. "Vires... I know where we have to go."

"I know I won't like it..."

"Ghenna."

"Told you."

"Lord Pelor, I request an audience with you." He looks up, his voice taking on a spark of optimism

Pelor answers in Dano's mind that he is a bit busy at the moment, but will attend him as soon as possible.

"I had a dream I was floating down the river Styx. While there, I felt Ashlee's presence. I want to go there and start searching."

"Then we will go."

"Do you have a thought bottle, Vires?"

"Afaid not."

Dano reaches into his belt and withdraws a bottle. "Here." Upon it he etches a pair of runes written in Draconic, which read "Use Me." He hands it to Garath. "Should you fall victim to the river's effects, this bottle will restore your memories, but it will only work once before you have to store your memories again."

He pulls out a second one, etches another rune into it, and then places his own memories into it, then replaces it from whence it came.

"Very well, let us go."

Pelor appears in a flash of light, mace drawn, clothing torn, cuts in several places. He breathes heavily, "What can I do for you my boy?"

Vires smiles. "Been having fun without me?"

"Even the gods are entitled to a good fight once in a while. I look like this...imagine what that thing would have done to my angels."
    He smiles back.

"Would have toughened them up, for sure."

"Death doesn't toughen. It tenderizes. Now that I know you're interested, I'll invite you next time." The god looks at Dano, "You look in better spirits. I assume that means you have something good to share with me this morning."

"Yes, M'Lord, I think so. If a soul is sent to Ghenna, would it prohibit or inhibit your ability to track said soul?"

"No. Ghenna is not forbidden to my power."

"Odd. I had a dream last night that I was floating down the river Styx, and I passed through a city with legs. As I was doing so, I felt Ashlee's presence for a moment."

"If she has fallen prey to the dark river then that might be blocking my ability to find her. She was detached from her body and myself, but you have been bound to her more tightly. It is entirely possible that you are still connected."

"Can you utilize my connection with her to try to track her?"

Pelor shakes his head. "I had tried that option already and failed. I do not know how you are reaching her, or she, you." He reaches over to her and pulls out a strand of her golden hair, twirling around his finger and encasing it in glass to form a ring. "Touch this to her soul and I will be able to restore her." He holds it out to Dano.

Dano takes the ring and pulls out a piece of platinum from the bag. It molds into a beautiful chain and he hangs the ring from the chain, which goes around his neck. Whispering some words, he touches the chain and its molecular density skyrockets, making it impossible to break.

"Do you have any way of protecting Vires and myself from the effects of the river?"

"I think the two of you could resist the river's effects so long as you remain in your bodies. Souls are less sturdy than bodies. Though if the river doesn't touch you, you'll be fine."

"I'm more concerned about having to dive in." Dano stands, and looks at Ashlee's face before gently kissing her unconscious form. "I will find you." He whispers to her quietly. Looking up, he walks to Pelor. "Please, watch over her while we are gone."

"Of course." Pelor bends over his cleric and the two disappear.

Dano's form flickers for a moment as powerful psionic abilities are brought to bear. Sighing, the very fabric of reality bends away from him as he focuses his mind. His eyes open again to look at Vires as black oil seeps from under his scales as his protective armor comes through.

"It looks like you and I are going hunting once again, old friend."

As he speaks, he pulls the two bags from his belt and places them in his left hand and they disappear. With a mental command, his entire body is coated in his spiked dragonbone armor, a pair of massive scimitars rest between his wings, and a massive Jovar appears in his right hand.

"Then lt us be off." Vires resumes his normal pureblood form...

Touching his friend's front leg, their form fades from view as he shunts them to the plane of the dead.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

We're off to Gehenna!

The ferryman has very little patience.

Ooh look! A castle!

Hmm...secret passageway...that always leads to the bad guy...

+1 Frying pan...well...I'm outta here with my loot.

Hmmm...bad guy...

Ouch...my arrows came back at me...that bastard.

bite...claw...claw...claw...claw...claw...claw...c law...claw...claw...claw...claw...claw...claw...cl aw...claw...claw...claw...claw...claw...claw...cla w...claw...claw...claw...failed fort save...paralyzed...

mmmm...tasty Ashlee's soul...

Shatter "Run away!"

Yay! Ashlee's back!

HA! Run away? I don't think so! Reduce enemey to 3 HP

Who's the dumbest skeleton in the room? You are! Yes you are!

Well I'm out guys. You can have the castle if you can keep it floating. <<poof>>

Run away for real this time!

and back to base camp...
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"Limerick..." Ashlee follows the man up to the doorway. "Thank you. I have nothing to offer you as payment, but I am grateful that you were there." She clears her throat. "Tomorrow I," she looks over her shoulder at Dano, "we will be paying a visit to the...thing...that separated me from myself. I won't ask you to come, but I won't say that you can't either."
    Last edited by Fuzzball; 2008-04-17 at 08:29 PM.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Orc in the Playground

Limerick looks back to Ashlee with a slightly blank look before smiling, "You already know I have to come. As part of the contract between myself and your boyfriend, I am obligated to come." He tilts his head as he scratches a hole in his shirt and his ribcage, "Besides, if you don't ask... you don't get. I know being piety may teach that all good things come in turns... but with simple folk like me, all you have to do is ask." His eyes remain blank and distant as he bows slightly, removing his hand from his shirt... the two holes gone and healed.

Signature by Sneak.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Ashlee smirks, "If my fiancee tells you that you must be there, then it is none of my business. I will not accept servitude of any kind to myself, even if you're being paid and that's enough for you. If you consider me a friend, then please come. If I am nothing more than a sidenote in a contract, or a source of income for you, then don't bother."

With that she turns and sprints over to Vires, throwing her arms around one of his front legs. "Thank you Vires." She turns to Yorimi and repeats the gesture, "Thank you too Yorimi."

Lastly she turns to Dano and wraps herself around him again and whispers in his ear.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano stands quietly as she makes her rounds and eventually comes to rest in his arms. He holds her firmly as she whispers in his ear. Leaning down, his lips move as he whispers his response. Kissing her on the forehead, he looks up at Limerick. "Despite what you may believe, Limerick, this mission is optional. You are entitled to take some paid vacation while we work, as this mission falls outside the purview of your contract with me. I would personally appreciate it if you did this for us, but it is by no means expected nor demanded."

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Orc in the Playground

"I like how righteous people refuse to ask or give for services. They deal in favor and friendship. They'll even refuse to ask for anything, instead sidestepping need, and replacing it with objective guilt." He shakes his head as he leans against the doorway, "I'll go, because it does fall within the purview of our contract. " He casts a gaze towards Ashlee, "I can assure you, you will never be anything but a footnote in a contract to me. This is a job, because honest men work for a living."

Signature by Sneak.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

He sighs at the man's response, not surprised by his reaction. "Very well." He looks to Yorimi. "And you? Will you come with us?"

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Orc in the Playground

Limerick sighs when Dano asks Yorimi. He turns and walks into the house.

Signature by Sneak.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Ashlee holds Dano tightly as she shakes her head, but doesn't turn to look at Limerick. "No Limerick. This isn't about righteousness. This is something that I need to do for my own benefit and I desire the support of my friends behind me. Part of your contract was that I approve of your coming along. If that is truly how you feel then I do not want you there, so keep your monetary righteousness and stay out of this one."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Orc in the Playground

Limerick stops, but doesn't turn, "My business with Dano, is none of yours. Those are your words, sweetheart. You have no say in the matter. Neither does Dano, without absolving our contract... and there are provisions in the contract that I know Dano will not so lightly absolve at this point." He starts walking again.

Signature by Sneak.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yori giggled as she floated, and looked at Dano.

"Do I get special presents too?"

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Ashlee looks at Yorimi, "The same applies to you gorgeous. I want moral support, not firepower. We'll meet in 24 hours in the chamber beneath the tower of Yth." She winks at the succubus and pulls herself out of Dano's embrace. "I'd like to speak with Morris and see the wyrmlings before we leave."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano lets her go reluctantly, but understands. Turning to Limerick, Dano walks after the man. "Limerick, there is something that I will need you to do, for me. You said that phylactery wasn't in the castle. I need you to track it down if you can. You are the most skilled at gathering intel and info, so that's going to be your standing mission. If you locate it, but are unable to take it, simply report back to me and go on vacation if we are still occupied."

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Orc in the Playground

Limerick finally manages to make it far enough inside before Dano gets to him, that he can collapse into a chair, letting out a relieved sigh as he holds his ribcage. He looks up to Dano, "Can't do it boss... not enough info to start from. I can put out a probe to my community, by that's it. If I had a name or something... but as is, what you are asking me to do is scrounge up information on every Lich in the multiverse."

Signature by Sneak.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Nodding, he sits down in the chair across from him and sighs himself. "Well, what do we know? We know he's got a propensity for torturing innocent souls. While not unique inofitself, we also know he has developed a method to consume souls that are of considerable strength and purity. Even if it's to put your ear to the ground and see if you can find word of a recently-crippled lich seeking haven or something. Again, I'm not the expert on tracking people down, you are." He shrugs, looking down.

"I want you to know that what you did for us, and what you endured," he indicates with his hand towards Limerick's healing wounds, "is greatly appreciated. You know Ashlee means everything to me, and you helping me is... beyond words. Thank you."

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm not in this for the friendship and the thanks... what I do is an unappreciated service to the world. I kill folk, good and evil... it's my job. You want to extend your thanks, don't skimp on your payments." His eyes narrow slightly as his hand shifts to a different part of his ribs, "I'll send out a probe, but it's worthless for me to waste my energy doing it myself."

He shifts slightly in the chair and sits up, the obvious pain he was displaying gone completely as he sits casually straight, "I'm going to take another day or so off again in a few days or weeks... I'm going to go see how much gold I can get off returning these gems back to their respectives." In his hand, seemingly from no where, are a couple of the soul gems, "Most of these are your random cut-throat evil wretches from the bottom of the gene pool... but some got enough capitol investment from family and organizations to pay a hefty sum for their souls release."

Signature by Sneak.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano nods as he finally begins to understand the man and his motives, and finally accepts it for what it is. "Here's to hoping that they're all bad souls, and there's a good price on their heads."

Pulling out a gem from his belt, he tosses it to Limerick. "On the note of taking time off, I'm giving you this to take a week off. That gem should easily fetch you ten thousand, more if you're a fast talker. Since you don't work with friendship, don't work with appreciation, and only cold hard cash means a spit to you, that gem is for your services, and I'm giving you an order to take a week-long vacation doing whatever it is you like to do. I don't want you within a mile of us in that time. You are to relax and have fun, or have you forgotten what it means to relax and have fun?"

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Orc in the Playground

Limerick doesn't move to catch the gem, instead allowing it to hit his chest and rolling down and off of his lap and land at Dano's feet, "There are no provisions in our contract for time off, besides the time I desire off. There are also no provisions for you paying me to take time off. I have been paid for services to be rendered, and I will be there tomorrow to render them."

Signature by Sneak.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

"Hmm.. Very well. You're all about the contract." He waves a hand and the gem rests in his palm. Turning, it, he looks at its faceted surface as he contemplates his next statement. "You are our point man," He ticks off a finger, "You provide us with a cut of any contracts you complete that we assist you with," up goes another finger, "and you get time off during the month." His last finger goes up.

Closing his hand, he rubs his chin. "We are going to be searching out and infiltrating the dragon's lair that may be our next step. As of right now, you and Yorimi are the only two individuals that won't be affected by the mind-controlling effects the dragon is employing. You, however, are the only one who can get in undetected. I need you to find and detail out suggested methods of infiltration so we don't trip off any alarms. I'd rather have this information prior to our arrival. So, you are going to be our point man for the future operation. An advanced scout, if you will."

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Orc in the Playground

Limerick watches him closely, "You... anyone I kill with you, you will recieve a 10 percent cut of the rewards. I was merely being polite to your girlfriend last time by giving her some. That does not extend to everyone else. My contract remains with you. As to this forward operation... you know, if you don't want me around for your girlfriends little revenge operation, all you have to do is ask."

He crosses his legs as he rolls his shoulders, "As to this dragon lair, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about."
    Last edited by Forgotten T.S.; 2008-04-18 at 04:29 PM.

Signature by Sneak.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

"Twenty-five percent, not ten." He eyes the Assassin for a moment. "Also, the souls you have. The contract is to check if those souls are on your list or have a price on their head. Those souls we obtained from that castle... how do you plan to check them against your list?" He pauses and scratches his head, thinking back.

"As for the dragon, I'm sorry... I thought you knew. The red dragon I speak of is the one responsible for the Dragon King's disappearance."
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2008-04-18 at 04:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Orc in the Playground

"Right... 25..." He reaches into his jacket and pulls out an ornate scroll which he looks over for a moment, "Apologies... as to the souls? The contract specifies nothing about these souls. These peoples died, and were judged to the Styx. I plan to drop them back in where they belong."

Signature by Sneak.