New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Sources and Dragons (IC)

If Kaliand'r noticed the change in the man's voice, he did not show it. Though he remained silent for a moment.

"You claim immortality, but should not wisdom be a part of that." Kaliand'r sighs and rubs his eyes. "Nevermind...no, the forest will heal in time. Either by taking the trees themselves or branch by branch. It would matter little. Take these then, as they are already here. Take what you need. Their spirit will continue after their shells are gone, to be reborn into the forest, as all life."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Shrugging, he takes it as a non-issue and moves over to the trees. "Very well." He wraps a wire cable around the trees, and holds it with both hands. Closing his eyes, he focuses on the shape of the trees and of the doors. Slowly, the trees lose their distinct shape and become an amorphous blob of wood. Then, the wood mods into the shape of four distinct and well-crafted doors with pilot holes for all the necessary metal parts.

Breathing out, he opens his eyes again and walks back to his metalwork. "Thank you for your help." He sounds sincere, and truly appreciative. "You can let the forest know that these trees' sacrifice will not be in vain."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Hearing Dano's words and seeing the final cart fill up, Garath link the carts and looked back at the men.

"I can take 15 carts at a time. I will attempt to bring back 30. Will you be willing to fill those carts inbetween my runs? Think on it."

With that, Garath ran off at top speed to the village.
    All your base are belong to us!

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Drak'tek is obviously unhappy about the loss of the trees, but he defers to Kaliand'r's judgement.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano looks at the metal he has, and does some calculations. "Change of plans Garath. Only haul one load of rock here. It will be for cleanup. I'm moving my operations to the quarry itself. On your way back, bring these grids of iron with you. I will make the wall in fifteen-foot segments and have you bring those instead. We'll have you lay them out and we'll erect them once they are done. I'll then mold them together and we'll be set. I figure we'll shave off a few hours this way."
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2006-11-20 at 06:49 PM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vyn

Sighing, reluctant to enter another race's holy chambers, Vyn starts walking towards the church, but not before taking a minute or two to attempt and see inside, via the windows, curious about what to expect.

Avatars courtesy of Qwernt (Nagahydra) and jamroar (Ice Devil).

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Vyn can't get a look into the windows as they're boarded up. The inside isn't decorated with any pomp. There are two rows of benches facing a small pulpit, There are no holy symbols on the walls, and there are two doors leading further into the building.

Ashlee walks in next to you cheerfully, "If your task from Dano is to watch me, then you might as well be inside where you're able to do so."

The other three town'sfolk are sitting inside chatting. Ashlee takes a seat with a book.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Where is everyone? I'm not sure....but here's my best guess....

Dano: making wall
    Garath: transporting wall
    Vyn: going into the church...keeping an eye on Ashlee
    Cows: coming back to unlife
    Drak'tek: in the forest wandering somewhere
    Kaliand'r: on the edge of the forest planning Dano's downfall!
    Hario: Unsure
    Demented: Unknown
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

9. - Top - End - #159

ooc: Drak is hanging out with Kaliand'r. Hario and Demented haven't posted in a long time, maybe you should PM them.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r walked from Dano with an odd expression on his face. He glanced back once and then back towards the forest. His two companions trailing at his side. Turning towards the insect he sighs and then speaks "I am tired of this place, and I am sure I can solve this more quickly then simply waiting around. If you would accompany me, I shall attempt to speak with the Fey nearby in these woods in hopes for more information."

11. - Top - End - #161

"Yes, I have never been to this part of the forest. I would like to meet these fey."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garth brought what was desired to Dano and smiled. The town seemed a little less likely to attack him, so he didn't save face for anything, letting his wings curve in a relaxed manor.

"Here, Dano. What now?"

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r nods and walks out into the woods. Sighing, he turns towards the settlement...perhaps we should mention we are leaving...

The killoren sighed and motioned for his raptor companion to leave them and trot back to the settlement as he continued on. Pausing at a large pine he places his hand upon the tree and whispers while a soft green glow begins.

Greetings elder friend. I speak to you in effort to locate the fey in this area, do you know where they can be found?

-----

The raptor trots towards Dano, and shrills at him in his reptilian call. He shrieks and waves his claws vaguely in the air and points off towards the woods. Then he bows and runs back into the direction his partner went.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The tree creaks a bit and a few needles fall. It tells Kaliand'r of a grove among the pines. There are many trees of different kinds there, and this is where you'll find the fey (singular...not plural). It is toward the north-west several miles.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Seeing the raptor trot up and listening to his words, he nods and looks at Garath. "It would appear our nature-loving friends are going to investigate something in the woods. Either way, we should be busy until then. I will be using this rock to fill in the gaps and whatnot. The rest of the pieces I will be making on-site, so you don't have to wait for them to fill up the carts. I trust you can carry a twelve by five by fifteen foot segment of reinforced stone." He points at the completed meshwork at his feet. "I will be inserting this into the stone to reinforce it. I will need it moved to the site where the rock is coming from. That's where I'll be working. Once we get all the pieces here, we'll erect them in order and then mold them together. We'll have as many trips, but we won't have to wait for the carts to be filled.

As it is, there isn't much metal to work with... just enough to reinforce the stone. That's why we can't use it to make carts... of which we'd only be able to make three."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r nods. Thank you, rest sleep eternally.

"The fey are several miles north west of here...I can transport us both, though our companions may have to follow after us on their own. Or we could simply traverse it?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

Vvaren sits up suddenly and smacks his head on the top of the coffin in the attempt, slowly remembers what has happened in the recent events and thinks back to where he encountered Ashlee the pelorian holy woman. Vvaren turned back to gas and wafted out of the coffin and surfaced. he looked around and drifted to the church down the street and looked inside.
    The True pwnage

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Of course I can carry that much. Not even a problem. Just make sure you don't overexert yourself. And if you can, maybe you can harden this stone as you did the Zenkai?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

"Technically, I could. But even you would have a difficult time breaking this wall, Garath. So I question the need for such a task to be undertaken, a task that would take me weeks to do... weeks we don't have. We only need to put this wall up and get everything ready."
    He helps Garath put the metal in the cart. "The weight of the wall will help sink it into the ground, and the shape of the blocks I'll be making will interlock the pieces. You should be able to slide them together along this line." He indicates to a small length of rope on the ground, held in a perfectly straight line by more than a dozen small wooden stakes. "Place the blocks along this line, with the line being inside the wall."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath chuckled. Many would think he had such little intelect that it would be embaressing, but they were mistaken. Garath was quite capable of taking cary of his own mental needs. He understood fine enough the design of things.

"Seems uneeded, but I really don't care..."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

The smaller man looks up at Garath. "Something troubling you?"

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Vvaren can see little of significance though the cracks of the building, but he can enter it easily. There are four boarded up windows, and a front and back door. If you choose only to hover outside, there are three rooms and five people inside the main one. The room without a door appears to have a bed and several bookshevles. The last room looks to be a kitchen.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Does anything truly bother me, Dano? We have both lived long enough to see countless wars. Humans, elves, gnomes, goblins; it doesn't even matter anymore. They kill each other in massive sweeps, and here we are worried by the disappearence of a mere handful of people. Seems somewhat silly, that's all. Well... what are you waiting for, make this rock! It's been a long time since I've ever fully tested out my muscles. This'll be fun!"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

Dano laughs, a deep belly laugh. It had been a while since he last had the opportunity to truly enjoy his friend's humor. "Aye aye, sir." He chuckles to himself as he takes off flying towards the quarry and mine. Once there, he gets with the miners and sets up arrangements to build the wall.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

"Damnation if only I hadn't contracted this curse. I wonder if I can find some cleric to invite me in" Vvaren thought to himself. He drifted slowly to the ground and the mist dissipated to leave the elven form of Vvaren, so he wated for the next cleric to pass by the door.
    The True pwnage

26. - Top - End - #176

"There is no need to hurry, it will take Dano some time finish his wall. Let us walk."

ooc: Heh, everyone's favorite elven vampire is going to get dusted again.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r nods and he turns to find his raptor companion coming back towards them. "Then let us be off, it is still several miles and we have land to cover. I do not foresee a fight, though it does not hurt to be at ready. And should we meet any harm in the path then we shall be more than equipped to take on any foe." Kaliand'r turned and began to walk north west, away from the town. At his heed, his animal raptor companion, his construct nimblewright, Drak'tek and Drak'tek's animal companion.

{{ If you want to say we arrive or..wait for night, or have a random fight, or etc etc. feel free, lol... :) }}

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Vvaren: You don't see any other clerics come through. After a bit of contemplation you realize that Ashlee is probably the only cleric there. The church does seem to be remarkably un-adorned. There are no holy symbols of any gods in any of the places you can see. Over the door in ancient peeling paint is written 'All are welcome here'.

Dano and Garath: You get to making the wall. The men at the mine are more than happy to help in any way they can. If you don't stop them they will talk to you. It seems they don't get many visitors and are more than happy to share conversation with someone new. You get the impression that the town's initial reaction is a precaution. The lookouts sound the alarm and the people run to relative safety.

While the people do live on the edge of dragon country none of them have ever actually seen a real dragon. They seem quite interrested in Garath and ask him simple naive questions whenever he pauses long enough.

Kaliand'r and Drak'tek: You walk through the forest with ease due to Easy Trail. After about two hours time you both notice a sudden change in the trees. There are all kinds...healthier than any trees you've seen in the past.

Kaliand'r hears the trees creaking and leaves shaking...whispering of your coming.

(Spot check....Knowledge Nature Check...I can't think of any others right now, but if I do I'll ask.)
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath is happy enough to speak with the guards. He answers simple questions based on his draconic history.

"I am golden scaled half dragon, son of the mighty dragon Pcileron. For 10,000 years I lived with my dragon brethern, so ask what youi will of them, I can assure you I tell no lies."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

Standard Party Time + 2 Hours

Kaliand'r noticed a change in the surrounding woods as they passed on. It had been a pleasant walk, more for the fact that he had company, even though their walk was still more or less quiet. The forest they began to enter seemed healthier, far richer and the differences were those, that maybe even an urban lover could notice. As the killoren continued on, he remained alert and vigilant.

{ OOC: Spot: R10 + M10 = 20 // Wilderness Lore: R6 + M 10 = 16
    Raptor Spot: R9 + M10 = 19, Scent // Construct Spot: R3 + M0 = 3 }