New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Sources and Dragons (IC)

"Yeah, but it would make it so much easier to fight. You know my feelings towards that scum. They spend this time trying to perfect an art that is simply evil. Sorcerers are bad, but they are cursed with the power. I understand it all too well."
    All your base are belong to us!

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

"Not all wizards are scum, Garath. Just because one ... did what he did doesn't make them all bad. There are many who fight on our side... some who are members of our church."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Scum is scum, Dano. Always remember that. If there is one thing that you cannot change, it is my hatred of wizards. It is a part of who I am."

With that, Garath headed off to complete his work.

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

The conversation wasn't a new one for the duo. He only hoped that if they encountered a junior wizard in their travels that Garath wouldn't lose his temper. Not all wizards were evil, and Garath knew that. But his dislike for the practice caused him to override his better judgement. Maybe there was something he could do to show Garath there was a way to coexist with the arcane type. "I know... I know."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r

Kaliand'r searches the body. It appeared the man was beaten severely by something rather large, though it looks like he just wandered here and died.
    Perhaps the cold got him in the end, and as he examined the body he noticed a wound in the back of the body's neck. It has small shards of a green material in it, other than that Kaliand'r fiound that he appears to be just a captain in Pitra's army.

Kaliand'r peered closer at the green material but couldn't discern it. Shaking his head he looked up. "Agreed, let's bring the body back. Someone else may be able to do something about it. The fey may still know more, but for now, they have shown us this. This dragon may be the cause. Hmm." His words trail off as he wonders. He motions for his raptor to come as he lays the stricken body across its back. "We must be quicker, now the sun will not stay up much longer. It will be nightfall when we reach the village. Let us go."

With that, Kaliand'r, the raptor with the captains body strewn over, the construct and Drak'tek along with his animal companion made haste back towards the camp.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Kaliand'r and Drak'tek arrive at the edge of the town around sunset. Garath spots them as he comes down to drop another section of wall in place.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"So, Dano tells me I'm supposed to be all peaceful, and the tree-huggers get to have all the fun? Whatever, what the hell happened to the two of you? And what's with the body?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r raises his brow. He did not like the term 'tree-hugger' as though he had an affinity for flora, he knew the term was derogatory. Simply another reason he would consider the two men's future very carefully.

"The body is that of a guard. Dead, in the forest. We were lead to the human by the fey who reside within near, but I cannot rule out their involvement with the disappearances. There is as well, what appears to be a shape shifting...dragon kind among the forest here. Another who may be causing the human's plight..."

Kaliand'r awaited to see if any response would come, from his companion Drak'tek..or the..other.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath nodded as he closed his eyes for a moment, regaining his focus and telepathicly sending a message to Dano.

"Dano, tree-huggers found one hell of a clue. I sujest you teleport over hear to work on it. I'll teleport back to the stone and keep building. Our need for this wall has risen."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I found the tracks of the shape-shifter near the body, I suspect that it killed him. Also, I doubt he had this form to begin with."

Drak'tek indicates the green skin and wings.

"I think something transformed him."
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

The air shifts next to Garath, and Dano appears. Looking at his big friend, and then to the body and the other members of the team, he nods and squats down. With a hand, the body is lifted off the deck and flots, spinning around in the air in front of Dano's critical eye. With a quick mutterance in celestial, he tilts his head and focuses on the body.

"Garath, come with me. Good work you two. Very, very good work. I believe you have uncovered something very important here. Keep searching, please. If you think there was something else you forgot, go back and look. I think I may know what has been happening to the villagers, but I need more evidence. Please hurry." His voice is somewhat fevered, his eyes focused and resolute. Garath can tell from their years of fighting side by side that Dano is not messing around. Something is terribly wrong, and something needs to be done yesterday.

Not waiting for a response, he moves to walk towards the former captain's home, the body drifting through the air behind him.

-=-=-=-=-
    ooc: Lemme know what you need me to roll for knowledge check or whatever.

12. - Top - End - #252

Drak'tek turns to Kaliand'r.

"Shall we return to the forest and speak to the fey?"
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Deciding that Dano had to have something of importance on his mind, Garath followed his comarade.

"This makes me worried. That is arcane, and you know it. What do you need to show me?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r nods. He motions for his two companions to remain and guard the town while the wall is continued to be built. It would not due to leave those who they were technically in charge of, guard-less. And while the others of the party would certainly do their part, it didn't hurt to have two more eyes circling the village's borders.

Kaliand'r then walks with Drak'tek back towards the closest tree.

"If its not too much trouble, I can get us there quicker this time, not that I have an idea of the area. We may be able to pass instantaneously through the forest itself. I am afraid your companion may need to stay here, however."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

He nods, and closes the door behind them. He didn't want to alarm any villagers passing by as they spoke, so he felt it best to wait for the explanation.

"I believe these villagers have been kidnapped as part of an experimentation process. The wounds on his body indicate there was a gem of some sort implanted there. The magic that is lingering around him indicates some sort of magic that transforms something. And the partial growth of the wings, scales, and the rest of him shows that he was being transformed from a human into a dragon-like creature.

These people aren't wandering off by themselves, Garath. The fact that we've found this body and the magic on it is strong still indicates we are not dealing with mere fledgeling incantrixes. We are dealing with far more powerful wizard or clerics. I need to open this guard up and find out if you can tell me if the organs have changed slightly from human to dragon-like. I figure with all the blood spilling you've done you've seen enough dragon organs to tell the difference."

With this, a slight sigh escapes Dano's lips and the body is rest upon an empty table. He turns to face his friend, his true form coming through for the first time since they'd signed up for the mission. "I don't think I need to explain the gravity of this situation here, Garath. If we can't solve this and bring those responsible to justice, and destroy all notes of the villian's research, we may be looking at a shift in the natural order of power. I can see no other reason for this transformation than to build a force strong enough to possibly shift control of power in the region."

Walking over to the table, he reaches behind his cloak and a small brick of steel is produced. A moment later, a large set of knives on a tray appear in his hand, and he sets it down on the table next to him.

A few symbols and a couple words in celestial later, he animates the corpse next to him, filling it with the memories of its former life. He works on opening the chest cavity of the corpse as he asks his first question. "Please provide me the information about where you were you when this transformation started happening to you. I need specific location and details about the location itself.
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2006-12-03 at 04:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The corpse speaks in a raspy voice, "West...mountain...cave..."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

"Where were you living prior to being transformed?" He uses his first knife to cut through the sternum, the skin peeled back from the man's chest.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"Here."

Can't post just one word...drat!
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

"Please describe your entire last day of living in the village."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"Normal day of work."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

21. - Top - End - #261

Drak'tek emits a series of chirps and clicks, directing Tatch to join the other companions in watching the town. Then he follows Kaliand'r to the tree.

"We shall travel through the trees, yes? Tik'cha used to do this."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Dano sighs, looking at the corpse. He had to simplify things. "What direction did you head when you left the village for the last time?"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"North East."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Vvaren watches a small boy enter the church.

The child runs up to Ashlee and looks questioningly at Vyn. He pulls her down to whisper something in her ear. She looks shocked for a moment then tells the boy to stay with the others. She rushes for the door before Vyn had a chance to stop her and trips over Vvaren as she tries to exit.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Nodding, he looks over to Garath and nods. "Did you go there of your own free will?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

"No."

Once again....can't post just one word...
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

He looked at Garath and nodded his head, as if everything that was being disclosed was exactly as he expected. "Last question, and then we can rest for now... Tell me about the being that did this to you."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r remains thoughtful and then nods again. Using ..travel via plants..or tree stride, one of those, lol :P He transports himself and Drak'tek to where they found the body originally.

"I suggest we remain on guard nonetheless, ever watchful. Let us see if we can find these fey."

Kaliand'r begins to walk carefully around the forest.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stunned at the sudden actions of Ashlee, Vyn rushes out of the church as well, trying to not let her out of her sight, if possible. He had a job to do, and to heck if he was going to be blamed for anything that might happen as a result of his potential incompetence.

Avatars courtesy of Qwernt (Nagahydra) and jamroar (Ice Devil).

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

Vvaren doesn't try to stop her but follows as best he can.
    The True pwnage