New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default You Will Be Hunted... [IC]

Across the planes of existence there comes a sort of screech. Entities are pulled against the tide on a path few have taken. Stretched and constricted, your bodies become an explosion of molecular chaos, and then fused together again by an omniscient hand…

Beads of rain accumulate then fall off your face. Slowly your eyes open and immediately the place around you is unfamiliar. The rain seems a strange thing, especially because you see no sky above you. A canopy of thick tropical flora covers the complete perceivable expanse. Even in this small clearing of trees, a circle approximately 25 feet in radius, the trees bend and contort to fill the entire skyline.

Surrounding you are others like you, men and women of different shapes and sizes who seem to be waking with the same predicament. Beyond their bodies is an abyss of progressively darkening green and brown. In the center of this circle lies a two-foot tall wooden statue. It could resemble some ancient ruin’s effigy, something you may have seen long ago but forgot to file away in your memory. Droplets of water explode off the top of this strange sculpture. It may have looked human if it weren’t for a head thrice the normal size. It also seems to be kneeling in reverent prayer.

Aside from the calming sound of rainfall beating upon thick tropical leaves, there seems to be no other noise. It’d probably be swelteringly warm if not for the refreshing water enveloping your body.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: You Will Be Hunted... [IC]

"Ugh. My head..."

These words were spoken by a young woman of fair features. She lay sprawled on the ground, her shoulder-length red hair spread haphazardly. Her eyelids slowly opened to reveal circles of emerald. After a second or two of staring up at the sky, she shot to her feet. This was most definitely not the open plain where she had bedded down for the night. Furthermore, she didn't recognise any of the figures who lay nearby.

The woman's appearance was that of a wealthy soldier. She wore a uniform which, although it appeared standard issue, somehow looked a lot more flattering than the usual fare given to troops. A custom job, perhaps: Designed to subtly enhance its wearer's appearance, without looking ostentatious.

Now that she'd had a chance to get her bearings, her military training took over. Unless forcibly interrupted, she would set about preparing herself for combat. With a few practised hand motions and syllables, she encased her body in a translucent armour of force, which quickly faded into invisibility. The next step was to summon a humanoid, dog-headed figure from the celestial realms. Though such a creature was nothing compared to her loyal eidolon, its skill with a greatsword would be welcome. And finally, she retrieved her lance from the forest floor. Should any of these strangers prove hostile, she wanted to be ready.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-02-22 at 11:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show
    Italics = Telepathy. Rolled in PM, Pathfinder tells me high enough to tell what the archon is.

"Wake up weak Magus..."

Groaning at the interruption of his sleep, Diauden Kyras awakens slowly, groaning at the feeling of water covering him. "By the gods, what have you done now you damn sword? My job with the West Road Mercenaries starts today dammit, I need sleep..." Suddenly, the half-elf fully takes in his surroundings, and sees that instead of the warm inn he went to sleep in last night, he is instead in a grassy plain surrounded by strangers and a Hound Archon. Who counts as a stranger he supposed.

Groaning again and standing up, the half-elf is shown to heavily favor his human ancestry in appearance. Rather than the graceful, slim build of the elves, he instead has the large upper body of someone used to a large weapon. The only sign of his elven heritage is his pointed ears and unnaturally lightning blue eyes, contrasting with his dark hair. Strangely enough, he is seemingly armed only with a longbow and armored in a slim blue breastplate.

"This is your fault somehow sword, I know it. Can't I ever sleep?" Walking over to the Archon, he quickly casts detect magic on the area, especially focusing on the Archon and that statue. Looking into the Archon's eyes, he asks "So, did I do something evil lately that was bad enough to attract celestial attention? Because, uh, whatever it was, it was the evil sword's fault. Not mine. Mostly."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

After concentrating for a few rounds, it can be determined that the statue in the middle of this clearing has a faint magical aura. It is not necessarily a magic item itself, but it has had contact with arcane magic recently.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

The Archon met Diauden's gaze unblinkingly. It replied in a neutral and disinterested tone.

"I know not. I am here at the call of another."

That was the Summoner's cue to step forward. Hound Archons, though strong warriors, were not suited to diplomacy.

"Indeed he is. And as far as I know, neither he nor I have any quarrel with you."

In contrast to her celestial servant, Kalaryn's greeting was warm and polite. She even gave Diauden a graceful bow, as if the two of them were meeting at some social gathering. Military procedures weren't the only thing which had been drilled into her head from a young age.

"Please forgive my impoliteness in summoning a bodyguard. But after waking up in this place, surrounded by strangers, I felt the need for some protection."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

It starts with a raindrop landing on her nose, then slowly rolling down to the center of her forehead. This sudden assault of moisture brings with it awareness and slowly, consciousness. Claryon opens her glowing blue eyes.

"Must be dreaming..." she says. Moments pass and she continues to stare at the jungle above her, waiting to wake up or be once again immersed in the dream. When that doesn't happen, and she hears someone yelling it begins to sink in. This is real...

Immediately she moves to stand, barely managing her feet as her armor; which she had not gone to sleep in, interferes with her movements

She scans the area closely, hand going for the runeblade strapped across her back. The weapon's black blade thrums with power from the blood-red runes etched along it.

To anyone observing she is tall for a woman with distinctive, chiseled features. Her jet-black hair is long enough to reach her shoulders, but no further, and contrasts with her pale ivory skin. Her eyes have no pupils or even irises - just a solid blue glow from some internal, very unnatural source. Her armor, like her blade, is the characteristic black of forged adamantine.

After getting her initial bearings she notices Skarn is missing, and mutters something under her breath about his likely parentage.

Claryon turns her attention to the exchange between the half-elf and the human soldier, watching and listening, but not interfering.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Turning his head towards the summoner, having so far ignored her presence. "Ah, I see. A relief then. I suppose you don't know how we got here either? According to a magical item in my possession, we were transported here somehow by magic. In fact, we've only been here for under a minute. It's certainly strange." Glancing towards the statue, he studies it closely again, and attempts to discern exactly what kind of magic it is. He tilts his head slightly to give the invisible hilt behind his head a better view as well. "Any ideas?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Arcana)
    Diauden: (1d20+15)[22]
    Arondight: (1d20+2)[12]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Where en the nine 'ells 'ave I landed?" Grenir says, sitting up. His helmet fell off as he did so, revealing his long cascades of brown hair which were braided into his beard in intricate patterns. His face was mostly covered in his hair and beard, leaving only a pair of Hazel eyes and a bulbous nose peeking out from the well groomed but frazzled mane.

He looked around, Among Humans and angels it appears, that's just my luck isn't it?

Grenir picked himself off the ground, a small task for one so short as he. His armor clanked and rasped as he did so, even more when he picked up his horned helmet and replaced it on his head. He then began to rewrap the chains from his flails around his arms, which had fallen a bit out of place in getting up, and checked to make sure that the ends of both sets were still secured at his shoulder.

"So ah don' suppose tha' any o' ye know where the 'ell we are?" He says to the awakened people, his accent coming through thickly.
    Last edited by Garphor Drinfan; 2013-02-22 at 04:02 PM.
    GitP Fantasy Blood Bowl Cup
    "The Shadow" -
    Season IV: - 6-5-1 First Round Playoffs
    Season VI: - 5-4-4

"Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of men..."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Sargov

A homely man lies on the ground wearing clothes that match the green of the trees. Beads of water run across his ugly face. The smallish man gets up pulling the greasy strands of hair from his bulging eyes. "What did I drink last..." his words are cut short when he scans the others. Scrambling for his bow he nocks one arrow and shouts, "Who are you? Where am I? How did I get here?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grenir turns to Sargov with lightning speed for one so encumbered by armor and weapons. The chains fall away from his arms and he holds the two lengths with just enough slack to keep either of the fist sized balls on the ends from touching the ground, ""Stand down lad, tha's what we're tryin' teh find out!"

"An' give me your name, bowman, and I shall give ye mine." He continues, not wanting to seem like he was in some kind of command in the situation.
    "The Shadow" -

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalaryn turned in alarm towards the new argument. In retrospect, she really shouldn't have been surprised. When six armed strangers suddenly awoke in an unfamiliar place, it didn't take a diviner to foresee conflict. Ah well, no sense in regretting that now. It was time to play peacemaker.

Making no sudden movements, Kalaryn addressed the bowman. Rather than trying to sound authoritative, she just focused on sounding honest.

"Sir, we are all victims here. Each of us woke up barely a minute ago, just as you did. As for our identities, I'm sure that there will be plenty of time for introductions; If, that is, we can avoid a pointless fight."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Glancing over towards the haggard-looking man, the only thing he can think to himself is "Ugh. If he wants to fight he can at least be happy about it. I don't want to fight someone so nervous looking." "I can-" "You be quiet. I don't need you for something like this."

Unleashing his dagger from his wrist sheath, Diauden shifts his body towards the bowman. "The woman is right. There's no joy to be had in this fight, with you so out of sorts. To prevent you from dishonoring yourself, I don't have much choice but to do this."

Imbuing his dagger with arcane energy, Diauden speaks a single word and dashes forward towards the bowman, leaving a hue of images behind him. Set to catch any arrow attacks with his gloves of arrow snaring, he reaches out with the dagger and attempts to rip the bow from the man's grasp.

Spoiler
    Show
    +2 from enhancement, +4 from bladed dash
    (1d20+18)[32]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Claryon watches the spectacle intently, but shows no sign of moving to intervene. She does however take a moment to cast a spell into her runeblade, just in case this situation should turn ugly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Claryon is casting Inflict Serious Wounds into her Spell Storing greatsword, so next time she hits someone she can activate Inflict Serious on them as a free action.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Abruptly, the rain stops.

As tension is rising, so does the overwhelming silence of the jungle.
    Last edited by leFuZz; 2013-02-22 at 07:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Diauden charges toward Sargov, and they both react with quickness. Sargov directs his bow toward the approaching Half-elf and let's loose his nocked arrow.

The arrow would have been quite the wounding shot if it were not for the magical energy of Diauden's gloves. His hands happened to be in precisely the correct place, and closed its grasp at precisely the correct time to catch the arrow. Diauden slide his dagger along the shaft of Sargov's bow, and caused Sargov to release the grip from his right hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arrow was caught by the gloves (1/3 times that can happen in one day). Disarm check successful, but for only one hand. Sargov still has the bow in his left hand, and his right hand is free. It's now Sargov's turn in this fight, if it were to continue. Anyone else (aside from Diauden) can also take a turn.

EDIT: Check that, everyone make initiative rolls if you want this fight to continue. No matter what though, Sargov is next in initiative.
    Last edited by leFuZz; 2013-02-22 at 09:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Claryon sighs, then steps forward, attempting to end the quarrel by interposing her bulky armor between the combatants.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20)[14]
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't really want the fight to continue, but init just in case.
    (1d20+5)[21]

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

So much for avoiding pointless fights. Kalaryn tried her best to salvage the situation.

"Please, lower your weapons! The more we fight amongst ourselves, the weaker we'll be when the true enemy shows itself! Have you forgotten that we were abducted?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grenir, not sure who, if anyone, he should pummel lowers his flails until they rest on the ground, "Och, thar's ne proof o' that, but I agree tha' there's ne point en fightin' 'ere."
    "The Shadow" -

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Although it is still daylight, the sound of crickets and tree frogs emerge from the surrounding forest. It would be an incredibly calming sound if it were not for the tensions surrounding the group.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Claryon speaks to try to further defuse the situation.

"I know this is a difficult situation for everyone - typically one doesn't wake up in the middle of the jungle with a bunch of strangers after all... but we need to work together. Whyever we've been brought here there's clearly a purpose, and somehow I doubt it's for our health and safety if you follow my meaning."

Claryon steps back from the two would-be combatants.

"The first thing we ought to do is find shelter. I'm used to sleeping outdoors, but this is a new environment for me, and from the looks of the rest of you, you as well. Sound reasonable enough?"
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

On the other side of the statue where the conflict was going on, the man in ragged and bloodied hides and clothes had just come to his senses, having been slow to awake after whatever transportation had just taken place.

Laeg had a brawny beard, dark brown with gray areas, that extended a few inches down his neck and deep red eyes that made him seem feral and bloodthristy. The left side of his face had traces of scars, as did his arms, and when looking a bit closer one could notice that actually most of the visible skin actually had some kind of scarrification, tattoo, branding or piercing. It would seem self-mutilation, as someone might call it, wasn't too unfamiliar to this man.

As he stood up he looked around for the roc he keeps as company, not caring too much about the seeming conflict going on infront of him. He let out of mad growl when he couldn't find the creature. Had it not been transported with him?

Laeg concentrated on the roc and willed it to come to him, as he was summoning any other creature. He hadn't done something of this kind before, not really having needed. He did not know if it would work, but he needed to attempt it atleast. That roc was his favorite companion up to this point in his life, and he have had many through the years.

Just as his magic took effect the roc appeared, seemingly confused. That reminded Laeg that he was supposed to be confused too. Where was he? Who were these people? What were they fighting about? How did he get there? Why was he there? He had many questions, and he doubted the other people could answer most of them.

He let out another growl, this one a little lower, as he petted the roc he had just summoned to his side and watched the other people.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a lvl 1 slot to spontaneously cast summon nature's ally I, which I guess should be enough for that use being a one time thing.
    Last edited by watupwithdat; 2013-02-23 at 07:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grenir sighs and walks heavily over to Claryon, looking up at her and extending a mailed hand, "The name's Grenir Malkleth lass, ye seem like the level headed logical sort. Ah'm ne sure where we are or who's friend or foe, but Ah'd like to figure tha' out soon."
    "The Shadow" -

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    Claryon speaks to try to further defuse the situation...
    "Exactly! This is not a selfish request. Talking things out is in everyone's best interest."

Kalaryn was relieved to have some diplomatic support. Perhaps this woman could be a potential ally in the cause of peace. Then again, the arcane warrior had seemed that way too, right up to the moment when he charged at someone with a dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Garphor Drinfan View Post
    Grenir sighs and walks heavily over to Claryon, looking up at her and extending a mailed hand, "The name's Grenir Malkleth lass, ye seem like the level headed logical sort. Ah'm ne sure where we are or who's friend or foe, but Ah'd like to figure tha' out soon."
    The duo soon became a trio. Though joining Grenir and Claryon meant walking past a pair of duelling fighters, Kalaryn did it anyway. Risking an arrow in the chest was nothing compared to the shame of not properly introducing oneself in a social gathering.

"Kalaryn, of House Defrain. I too would welcome an open discussion of the situation."

She gave both Grenir and Claryon a polite bow, and extended a hand to each.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-02-23 at 10:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Sargov

The half-elf aggressor closed in pre-naturally quick. Instinctively his hand went to his short sword when a heavily armored human interposes.

As other begin to introduce themselves he does the same, "Kalaryn, Grenir, I am Sargov." He looks to the others to follow suit.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Claryon breathes a sigh of relief.

"Good... good. My name is Claryon, knight of... excuse me... a former knight." Claryon sighs slightly before continuing. "So, does everyone agree we ought to find shelter before we worry to much about anything else? Also I uh... I just noticed I seem to have misplaced something err... rather someone..."

Claryon looks around, realizing Skarn is absent.

"Has anyone seen a skeleton in dark steel armor, answers to Skarn? About yay tall, way too friendly for your typical un-deceased type?" Claryon indicates a height just slightly shorter than herself.
    Last edited by mistformsquirrl; 2013-02-23 at 09:59 PM.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalaryn couldn't help but shoot a questioning look at Claryon. Such casual discussion of dishonour and dark magic set off a lot of alarms in her mind. However, she let them pass without comment. Now was not the time.

"I too am missing a travelling companion. If everyone permits, I would like to summon him. He could be of great help in exploring our surroundings."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"As long as it's not going to try to devour us, I don't see why not." Claryon chuckles slightly.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Diauden steps back from Sargov, sheathing his dagger in his wrist sheath. Bit of a waste of time there, ah well.

He speaks up, "I am Diauden Kyras. I don't have much idea where we are, but I know we were teleported here rather than kidnapped and transported. Hopefully whoever took us will show their intentions soon, we're probably all weeks or months travel away from where we want to be."

Looking towards Karalyn, he waves his hand casually. "I have no complaints, feel free."
    Last edited by Survy; 2013-02-24 at 12:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The tension among the group had settled. Seemingly, the statue in the center of the circle served as a conduit to call each adventurer's companion. The air felt more electric after the Druid summoned his Roc. Vibrations in the air emanated outward in all directions. Even the trees seemed to reverberate with new vibrancy.

Spoiler
    Show
    To summon your cohorts or companions, do as the Druid did. Treat a level 1 spell as a spontaneous casting, to pull your pet to you. The magic of the statue will serve to amplify this energy.
    Last edited by leFuZz; 2013-02-24 at 10:03 AM.