New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War Serillia (IC)

Kreen Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You claim the Kreen Guard 'would have attacked'. Do we have anything but your word for this? Perhaps you saw the Kreen Guard in Kreen, and this was more than you could bear?"

"Not a single attack was undertaken by the Kreen Guard. I have piles of the dead who can testify to your attack on them. "

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Kreen Meeting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Not a single attack? Here you go again trying to cover up the attack that originally started this entire incident, when your precious Kreen Guard attacked a CHURCH! I cannot stress that enough - The so called "guards" of our city attackd a church who's only crime was tending to the graves of the city's dead! I appealed to you, thinking that you would be different, but you only tried to protect the wrongdoers. If you will not step up and protect the innocent civilians of this city, the DRF will. It isn't the job we wanted, but it was forced upon us by your own negligence. Either shape up and do the job you were appointed to, or get out of our city."

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Silver Legion:

To The Freestate of Tarce:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If the factions of Praton don't want to open communications with me, if they don't want to find out my objectives in the region, if they don't want to discuss what they want done, what laws they think they should be passed, to offer their advice on my actions, to propose new ventures for the region, to discuss mutual threats, to try to help me work with them, then I'm not sorry if they don't like my rule, because they're not even pretending to try to make it work."

"I'll ask about the guilds again next month. Is there anything we might help you with in your lands?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2013-05-02 at 09:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Kreen Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Semantics. After the agreement for peace, it was you, not the Kreen Guard, who resumed hostilities. The Church of Forgiveness can hide behind their claims to religion all they like, but they are a well-armed element dedicated to subversion and rabble-rousing. These aren't innocent priests, but thugs and demagogues."

"You came to this meeting, but so far I have not seen any sign of conciliation on your part. Do you think the 2nd Legion has come to surrender the city to you, just because you murdered a handful of watchmen?"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

2nd Legion at the Kreen meeting(DESP PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Will the both of you please calm down. Now Chris, there is no way we are allowing Kreen to succed from Serillia. We understand your group has many ties to Dastin, but there are many in the city who call Serillia their home. We will be doing our best to mend the rifts we have with Dastin, but Kreen will always be part of Serillia.

I'm here not to throw one of you in jai, or to take over the city. I am here to try and get the two of you to see reason and stop the needless violence. It doesn't matter who made the first move, both sides have done significant damage. I am giving the two of you a chance to make ammends before the legion moves in and restores order one way or another.

the 5th Legion to The Glorious Noble House Morn (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for your cooperation.

The 10th Legion to Eastern Army (DESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

As the head of government in the east, we will be speaking for the general. General Bruun ordered you to follow us. The Loyal Legion must be destroyed, they were loyal to the Harkons, and Nertin still has an invading army in our lands. The Loyal legions are still loyal to the Nertin rulers and we need them removed before their insurgents make their way back into our military ranks.

The Royal Eyes to Eastern Army (DESP PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We approve of this plan. We can have everything set up for the "take over" this month.

The New highwaymen to The Semoril Family (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

If you can set up the meeting, we will do what we can to aid you. We doubt its success though. The Preserve and the Loggers seem to have opposeing ideals, which may be hard to compromise.

the 5th Legion to The Semoril Family (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

We feel Kraak must be dealt with now. We can not afford to wait around while he continues to take over this country one chunk at a time. it makes us look weak. We need to demsonstrate to the world that Serillia is still the greatest military power in existance, otherwise we may see more invaders at our other boarders.

No, we cannot wait for some precieved internal strife in Nertin to take over Kraak's mind. We must get prepared to take Frostfort back. You will cede the pass to us, then try to demonstrate your loyalty to the country.

You attacked the 6th Legion, which amounts to betraying the country. If it had happened at any other time you would be hung for being traitors. My judgement to not consider you traitors should show you my generosity. Do not push me to regret the decision, and continue to demonstrate your loyalties and your despicable action might be forgotten.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2013-05-02 at 12:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Kreen Meeting [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am calm. I warned you this meeting would be a farce. "

"I have done nothing wrong, except to trust the word of the men sitting across this table. "

"I would rather solve this problem sword in hand, it is only out of respect for you that I deign to speak to these rebels. They have done nothing but spit in my eye for my trouble. Please, tell me why I should not just walk from these chambers?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Silver Legion

To Unity:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. I would know the full extent of your message. As much as you can tell me.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

GM [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd like to have certain certainty, before I cast the die and cross the Rubicon. When I was doing my action to subvert Loyal Legions loyalty, I should have gotten some sense of what other loyalties they held - anything to indicate they are pawns of Nertin?

Edit: As politician I'm highly paranoid - it would make sense for Loyalist side to make their enemies look like traitors. What proof do I have beyond Royal Eyes & Loyal Legions words? But their yarn sounds more believable, then 10th Army claims, that Loyal Legions follow Nertin, at least for now...
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-05-02 at 02:28 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Kreen Meeting (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"I am the one not being conciliatory? I will not bow down and lick your boots just because a despot king in a far off city put you in charge! If you want an end the violence I am willing to meet you half way, but I will not allow you to place the blame entirely on me while you harbor murderers."

Chris turns to the legion commander. "I have made no moves to secede yet. But we will not stay in your country simply because you order us. We have had enough of tyrants and despots. Putting someone at sword point does not win you loyalty. Should we find a way to end the current difficulties without more bloodshed, which will require at least some modicum of respect from your subordinate across the table, rather than thinly veiled threats, we will be willing to grant you the benefit of the doubt and see what happens without the Harkon kings. We will see how the country reforms, and I will try to quiet the dissenters. But if there is another dictator, you will see rebellion here again. Even if I wanted to stop it, I wouldn't be able to."

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Semoril Family (desp 2)

5th Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    for obvious reasons I provided the rational for my previous actions, but omitted my future plans that stemmed from them. We will deal with Kraak and his expansion will be stopped, I simply didn't wish to repeat my predecessor's actions in Hasten in the middle of a populated city. However if the Serillian military has decided to truly get serious about this problem we will cede Kilrak to you for as long as you engage in significant, active, and genuine efforts to defeat Kraak. A true legion engagement would aid and accelerate our plans tremendously.

Havin Asart-Semoril

preserve, high loggers, new highwaymen
    Spoiler
    Show

It is my belief that the high loggers and preserve can achieve more of their interests through accord than violence. At present the high loggers timber extraction is defined in a large part by the difficulty of moving the cut trees,this requires access roads to aid the dragging and incentivises clear cutting to localize the transportation efforts and avoid maneuvering around standing trees. With the preserve's expertise this may be unnecessary. If the preserve can raise creatures capable of moving cut trees through standing forests the high loggers could focus on harvesting only the most valuable timber in their areas and improve Grippon forests health and future harvests. Of course, such a cooperation would also serve to discourage the escalation border conflicts that currently waste everyone's time and lives.

11. - Top - End - #221

Unity to The Silver Legion (DESP 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Then please come to the Heartland where we can show you what we preach. We are sure after seeing what we stand for you will want to join our cause.

GM to Eastern Army (DESP PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Loyal legion seems to be very loyal to the Royal Eyes, but do not have any interactions with forigen powers. The Royal Eyes seem to have many agents in other countires.

General Tranus of the 10th legion is a very rich man, one of the richest in the country.

the 5th Legion to The Semoril Family (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

I can assure you we do plan on taking back Frostfort. It will probably be 2 months before an assult is launched. We will give you until next month to move out of the territory

OOC - The territory is yours this turn, but next they plan on having it in their control.

The Preserve to The Semoril Family (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have to protest such a deal. Their massive tree clearing operation is their most grievous offense, we would never sacrifice our people to further their attack on the land. We serve the earth and will give our lives to stop their attacks on the land.

High Loggers to the Semoril Family (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are willing to talk with the Preserve, but first they must be willing to let us continue our jobs and pay reparations for the damage they have caused to our group.

Kreen Meeting(DESP PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

I think we need some time to cool our heads. There should be no Bloodshed in Kreen for the next 2 months. If there is I will have the legion move in and take over administration of the city. Is that understood?

Before you are able to respond, there is a loud bang, and you see the generals head get taken off by an unknown gunner. You both are pulled out of the tent by members of the 2nd Legion and are hurried back into the city through different means.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Varrim Guard

To the 2nd Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    I warned him. I told your commander that the DRF are oathbreakers, and that they cannot be trusted.

Truly, I am saddened to see my words proven true in such a dramatic fashion. He truly desired to serve the people of Serillia. That much was clear in his every word.

Oaths, truth, and honour mean nothing to these rebels. I beseech you, join with me, and we shall avenge your commander, and return the rule of law to Kreen.

Ælle of the Varrim Guard, Acting Commander of the Kreen Guard, Soldier of Serillia.

To the Silver Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    The peace talks were a disaster, start to finish.

The 2nd Legion commander is dead. We must put these rebels down. They care nothing for law, for the sanctity of truce, or for oaths.

Talking has failed. The sword must suffice.

Ælle of the Varrim Guard

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

2nd Legion/Varrim Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

I wished to assure you both that I had nothing to do with the assassination of the General. I would also like to extend an offer to help find the killer and bring him to justice, should you wish to accept it. I will also be willing to continue the truce he order before his death, provide the Varrim Guard are as well.

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Semoril Family

preserve(2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My grandfather said that an offense is really a thing done poorly. The crime of the high loggers is not harvesting trees, but doing it poorly in a way that damages the land. For this you both suffer. I have been told that you, however have the means to create a better way to harvest timber to allow them to take only the trees that are truly valuable to them and not damage the rest of the forest extracting them. You can mitigate their displeasing behavior far more in this manner than by trading deaths with them.

high loggers(2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    By stating preconditions you already speak to the preserve, you simply don't listen. That can only hurt you. I agree that only if both sides are allowed to do their work will an accord be possible. As to reparations, knowledge is the most valuable thing the preserve owns, if they share that and peace with you what more would you demand?
    Last edited by Mabn; 2013-05-07 at 04:20 PM. Reason: noticed omision

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Varrim Guard

To DRF/2nd Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    You violate a peace agreement, and then you violate a truce, and you expect me to believe you will uphold a two month truce? I have been ambushed enough times to learn your tricks.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Verrim Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

Even by your standards, claiming I have violated two treaties is rediculous. I have only had one treaty - the only I had with you, and therefor could not have violated two.

That being said, let it be known that this time the blood is on your hands - you are the ones refusing peace and forcing the continuing of the bloodshed.

Patrick's Gang
    Spoiler
    Show

I trust you're still going to go along with our agreement this month?

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Varrim Guard

To the DRF
    Spoiler
    Show
    I never said you violated a treaty. You did far worse. You violated the sanctity of a truce, of peaceful meeting between warring parties. You are oathbreakers, outlaws, and the lowest form of man.

Let it be known that those who fly the banner of the DRF are not men, but dogs. Let it be known that the forces of Serillia gave them multiple opportunities to seek peace, and every time they simply saw it as weakness, and attacked.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-05-08 at 12:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

DRF

Verrim Guard
    Spoiler
    Show

I DID WHAT?!?! Are you trying to accuse ME of what occurred to the general? Then not only are you an imbecile, a coward, and an accomplice to murder, you are slanderous as well! You probably had him killed yourself for fear he'd find out what your trying to cover up in this city!
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2013-05-08 at 01:06 AM.

Go Tigers!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Varrim Guard

To the DRF
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course it was you. You have demonstrated publicly that you hold no value in oaths. You broke one peace to commit a cowardly ambush. It fits your methods exactly to have the head of the 2nd Legion murdered, rewarding leniency with assault, just as you did to my own men.

To the 5th Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is my unfortunate duty to inform you that the commander of the 2nd Legion has perished, at peace talks in Kreen. The rebels in Kreen are clearly more audacious than anyone gave them credit for.

I request advice on how to proceed, and urge you to ensure the 2nd Legion is able to act decisively against this new threat.

Ælle of the Varrim Guard
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2013-05-08 at 01:03 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Patrics Gang to Dastinian Revolutionary Front (DESP 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are, just make sure our payment is on time.

the 5th Legion to The Varrim Guard (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

He was a great man and general, and losing him will be felt across the empire.

The legions have protocols for electing a new general, we trust they will follow through and be ready to continue their task.

The Preserve to The Semoril Family (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

The only timber that should be harvested are those that have already fallen. That is our belief, and we will not approve of any further destruction of nature.

High Loggers to The Semoril Family (DESP 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your right. We are willing to come to an agreement with the Preserve for peace.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Semoril Family(2)

preserve
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nature is strengthened by diversity. So also is nature aided by human society caring for it in different ways. Harvesting trees correctly should not preclude maintaining a healthy ecosystem, and even if you do not approve of it it is is in your interest that the trees that are cut are cut in the most careful and judicious way possible.