New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: TRON: Awakening

1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: TRON: Awakening

Hey, the bolt's something I've been rolling over in my head for some time, it had a sound, ish theoretical basis. he replied as he got off his back.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elysium was left astounded. Her disk still in hand as she just looked at the user now having a chance to realize what exactly transpired. So this is what users can really do.... Of course everything was new to the Users and they were still learning; but this world was her birth place and she thought she knew everything.

A short pause and then she simply gazed around at several of the others. "What's all that stuff you were talking about? Holo-deck and Star Trek? Who is kirk?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    Friends don't let friends do Starmetal.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Fiction, we're just comparing our situation to those of fictional characters, Star Trek is a work of fiction, Kirk is a character in said work of fiction and Holodecks are like this training room, but more deadly, I mean really, holographic bullets working on the Borg? he rambled as they exited the room.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

I mean really, holographic bullets working on the Borg?
    Shaking her head, Sarah says, "Yeah, I didn't see, like, every episode or anything. I just heard of it. But, hey-" she raises her gloved hand up to James for a high-five, "lightning? Nice!"

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Holodecks are virtual environments that mimic reality. In that piece of fiction, called Star Trek they use holograms and gravity control to make worlds that are physically interactive. The other users are saying that this room is analogous to that. Also the borg died because the safeties were turned off." Decker explains to Elysium.
    Last edited by getit199; 2014-04-03 at 05:06 PM.
    "Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack."
    ―Rule of Acquisition #109

“People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.”
    ―Wizard's First Rule:

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Take the remainder of the cycle to rest. Tomorrow you have your first assignment as an official part of the Revolution.", Pemi addressed you as you all exited the room. She then turned and made to take her leave.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

"Very, now all I need is a hammy nickname like Count Zap and I'm set." he replies, returning the high five, grin on his face.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Sure, Captain Brannagan" Decker responds. "Hey, where is Kif?"

“People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie because either they want to believe it's true or because they are afraid it's true.”
    ―Wizard's First Rule:

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

"Look in the mirror buddy" he replied grinning. "Come on, I need to replenish my ammunition, and I think all of us could use some of that energy stuff, it's kinda tasty once you get used to it."

Spoiler
    Show

Can I code more bullets?
    (1d20+17)[29]

Energy pool is 10+int bonus right?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"At least you have pants!" Decker seems to think a moment, and then turns back to James and says "Does that make Pemi Professor Farnsworth? Cause that would be scary in our situation. But you are right the energy drink is cool." As he get ready to rest.
    Last edited by getit199; 2014-04-10 at 01:20 PM.

―Wizard's First Rule:

11. - Top - End - #761
    Firbolg in the Playground

You are all left to do as you see fit. Energy is in ready supply, so you are able to drink your fill. Crash had warned all of you once more to take it easy on the stuff, and not to drink too much of it... as to avoid the side effects that sounded a lot like being drunk (and subsequently hung over). You were free to roam about the Nexus and the ruins of Arjia City in general. The constant lightning storm that seemed to cling to the horizon had moved in and it had rained for what felt like several hours.

Most of the Programs who lived here seemed to be damaged, almost handicapped in some way. Dardit was missing a portion of his face and Jayva seemed to rely on some kind of assistance to breathe. You saw one who was missing his arm from the elbow down and another who was devoid of both of her legs, riding along in something a lot like a wheelchair. Pemi had no visible scars from battle... at least none that you were able to see. She was almost perfect... angelic in a way... the Queen of Broken Things as it were. And it seemed very much that things were in motion, even more so than they had been since your arrival here.

Burn had taken her "rest" to train, running personal simulations and doing exercises and drills with her disc and baton. Crash mostly hung around the largest collection of Users that was present at any one time. At one point, when a number of you were gathered, he started asking questions about the world outside of the Grid.

"So... what's different about your world? Different from here, that is."
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure how much free time we're looking at here exactly, so I'll be vague as to my actions.

After a power-nap and tour of the area, giving friendly greetings to those she meets (having long experience wounded and disabled veterans) Sarah returns to the common area from earlier for simple hobnobbing.

She readily engages in harmless banter with anyone around - typical nervous decompression and before-action activity with soldiers. "Hurry-up and wait" was old hat in the military by the time of the Greeks, so being in an alternate reality was really no reason to change such a pervasive behavior, she reasoned.

She leans way back in a comfortable ergonomic seat, stretches out languidly and crosses her booted ankles atop the table. "That's an interesting question, Crash," she says, "and can be answered in several ways. Basically; Pretty much everything, but only on the outside." She smiles at her own adorable vagueness, knowing the Program has no experience with the great philosophers, defining ideas, or monumental struggles of the outside world.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Most of the time, James spent in his makeshift 'lab' constructing more ammunition for his gun. Stepping out for a breath of fresh air, he runs into Crash and the group as he was asking his question.

He added, after Sarah answered "What she said, on the surface, the problems are different as night and day, but underneath it all, they're so similar it's scary."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Decker spends most of his time in his room. all those who enter see him sitting on a raised position on the ground, his clothing glowing brighter than normal, and his eyes seeming staring into space. He almost seems to be tuning into the net, as if it were a channel to watch on TV. The time that he doesn't spend in this communing, he almost seems to be distracted. When asked, he only smiles enigmatically and says he is "knocking on the sky and listening to the sound."

―Wizard's First Rule: